Sony's PR/Marketing department are the biggest trolls the industy has ever seen

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
Who else agrees? They have warped peoples minds SOOOOOO far past the point of no return, no other company in comparison has accomplished the maximum trolling performed by Sony this gen. -Lets start with the claims of 120fps, 4d, dual 1080p output on TWO screens at once....... -The notion that the Cell is some magical super computer, with teh hidden powah.....etc..."Teh Cell" etc....(most people have gotten smart after 2007 and realized its not the god given super computer, but trust me, im some of them still exist) -That Uncharted 2 (not even 3 lol) looked better than Crysis maxed, etc, and looks two generations ahead of anything on 360, and poops all over everything......all because of teh hidden powah of the cell, etc...(but when Crysis 2 gets praised, it doesnt count). There is STILL people on here who probably think Uncharted 3 looks better than high end PC games, like Crysis 2 maxed and battlefield 3 on ultra high (trust me, I know you're out there. You know who you are) :lol: -that articles like this exist after EVERY PS3 exclusive is released: http://beefjack.com/news/uncharted-3-uses-100-percent-of-ps3-power-but-theres-room-for-more/ ^^I mean, seriously, when you hear them say things like this in interviews, or at E3 press events or something, its almost as if they dont even believe it themselves. Its to the point where im waiting for them to crack a smile at how badly they are trolling PS3 fanboys (because you just KNOW they know exactly what they are doing :lol: ). -The NUMEROUS "theres still more powah claims, etc.....They make these over and over again, and cows just eat it up and eat it up. Hell, have you ever listened to these guys in interviews? have you ever heard Jack Tretton speak to interviewers, and it looks like he doesnt even believe what he is saying? Almost like he KNOWS he is trolling? Like he makes this face when he is at the office:  You just know this is what these guys do when they go on the internet and see PS3 fanboys blindly eating up every drop of hyperbole Sony spews at them, like the dosens of Uncharted 2 and 3 graphics threads, etc......Its like Cows NEED people to tell them these things for them to feel secure in their platform. They NEED this reinforcement. I feel like Sony just KNOWS that they could re-release Resistance 2 or something (with a different name), and use convincing enough PR buzzwords, and pay press outlets to hype it up, and cows will STILL make "graphics king" threads absolutely reguardless of what it is. Sony fanboys do absolutely everything they are told by Sony. There is no other way. My question to gamespot is.....has ANY company EVER had a PR team that has done such a successful troll job on its fanbase (and the industry at large) as Sony has this gen? I mean, they have just done a number on people.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StrongDeadlift
Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.Marka1700
This, although I was reffering mainly to graphics claims, and "teh cell" mantra. Forgot all about the "we want people to EARN their PS3s by working two jobs" etc....:lol: The most successful troll job in history.
flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

"Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun." -Ken kutaragi

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

flipdc5

I think that one was made up by Kotaku actually.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
The PS3 commercials from 2006 prove your hypothesis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFrekxy7wg
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

flipdc5

Seems MS shoots for the moon because you'd die shooting for the sun. Not unless shooting for the sun means selling your system for $600 at launch.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Nah, nothing touches SEGA's marketing for the Mega Drive in the 90's, in regards to trolling, ridiculousness and full blown awesomeness.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

lild1425

Seems MS shoots for the moon because you'd die shooting for the sun. Not unless shooting for the sun means selling your system for $600 at launch.

So what Ken is saying is that Sony is Peter Molyneux?
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ActionRemix
I think they hired freshman film students and gave them LSD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u_AZjYm0A
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

[QUOTE="Marka1700"]Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.StrongDeadlift
This, although I was reffering mainly to graphics claims, and "teh cell" mantra. Forgot all about the "we want people to EARN their PS3s by working two jobs" etc....:lol: The most successful troll job in history.

Are you speaking as a victim of their efforts? Only noobs can't see between the lines. It is every company's job to overplay the success of their product. You can't blame them for trying. But you blame yourself for falling for it.

Moo-Moo-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Moo-Moo-Milk
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
Very lulzy. I like my ps3 but theres no having any decent conversation around these boards after Sony opens their mouth bout something new.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#13 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Uncharted 3 uses 100 percent of PS3 power... but there's room for more!

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Bill Hicks on marketing.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ActionRemix

Bill Hicks on marketing.

KiZZo1
That was excellent. "I bet you sleep like f-cking babies at night, don't you?" :lol:
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Marka1700"]Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.jhcho2

Are you speaking as a victim of their efforts? Only noobs can't see between the lines. It is every company's job to overplay the success of their product. You can't blame them for trying. But you blame yourself for falling for it.

I certainly did not spend $600 on my PS3 (didnt get one until the Slim came out), however I DID buy it partially due to buying into the hype of Uncharted 2's "best GRAFFIX EVARR". And I will blatantly admit that.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongDeadlift
Very lulzy. I like my ps3 but theres no having any decent conversation around these boards after Sony opens their mouth bout something new.Moo-Moo-Milk
same here....
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I like my ps3
polFdrawykS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 polFdrawykS
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts
they luv to overhype everthing ,cows are doin the same thing too.. and later all u see is epic floppaaageeee.. poor cows
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

lild1425

the story of icarus springs to mind,lol
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 joel_c17
they luv to overhype everthing ,cows are doin the same thing too.. and later all u see is epic floppaaageeee.. poor cowspolFdrawykS
Mgs4 > entire xbox library
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

True, though I think in the grand scheme of things MS PR department is just as bad. I remember Major Nelson telling us to expect a surprise from rare, I mean we got a surprise but obviously not what most expected :|

polFdrawykS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 polFdrawykS
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts
[QUOTE="polFdrawykS"]they luv to overhype everthing ,cows are doin the same thing too.. and later all u see is epic floppaaageeee.. poor cowsjoel_c17

i understand that the fact actually hurts you.. but this is still a fact though, u will need to accept it.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="polFdrawykS"]they luv to overhype everthing ,cows are doin the same thing too.. and later all u see is epic floppaaageeee.. poor cowsjoel_c17

well thats just not true, it may be better than any individual xbox exclusive, on GS anyway, but it's hardly better than the 360's entire library,lol
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

at least sony can find solace in the fact that their brainwashed ps3 devotees will eat up anything their PR department feeds them. :lol:

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

You do realize there is a 10/10 game in the Xbox 360 library?

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joel_c17

at least sony can find solace in the fact that their brainwashed ps3 devotees will eat up anything they say. :lol:

KarateeeChop
Cause kinect is the future amiright? /trollface
the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

But MGS4 only got a 10... all the 360 exculsives together got way more than 10....

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jhcho2

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] This, although I was reffering mainly to graphics claims, and "teh cell" mantra. Forgot all about the "we want people to EARN their PS3s by working two jobs" etc....:lol: The most successful troll job in history. StrongDeadlift

I certainly did not spend $600 on my PS3 (didnt get one until the Slim came out), however I DID buy it partially due to buying into the hype of Uncharted 2's "best GRAFFIX EVARR". And I will blatantly admit that.

In all honesty, Uncharted 2 does arguably have the best graphics on consoles. It's not earth shattering, but it's up there as a contender. If you don't like it, then technically, there's nothing much on consoles you'll like. But if your standards are that high, then you should have known it and stick to PC.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I think they hired freshman film students and gave them LSD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u_AZjYm0AActionRemix
i will see that suxaxis and doll commercial you posted and raise you a dude masturbating to a soccer game with a sock at timemark 3:19 in the this is living commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8k

beat that sw. (no pun intended)

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I feel like MS fanboys overdo Sony's marketing then any single PS3 fanboy.

Admittedly, the PS3 does have more room for power with Blu Ray and the Cell Processor, Uncharted 2 and 3 are easily some of the best looking games on consoles (and probably THE best depending on what you look for), and hyperbole just comes with marketing (especially considering how much Activision hypes Call of Duty and how many ads and marketing you'd see for a new Halo).

I'd definitely put EA up there for worst PR considering they were terrible enough to stage a fake protest of Dante's Inferno, then not even be smart enough to not get caught. Doesn't help that the game was terrible. Sony doesn't even compare, and lately it seems like you gotta grasp for straws with these claims since they haven't actually said any of this in years and have been using the (awesome) KB ads.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I completely agree with the OP. It seems that I'm not the only one not being fooled by Sony's BS.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ActionRemix
[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]I think they hired freshman film students and gave them LSD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u_AZjYm0ARiverwolf007
i will see that suxaxis and doll commercial you posted and raise you a dude masturbating to a soccer game with a sock at timemark 3:19 in the this is living commercial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8k beat that sw. (no pun intended)

Wow. Never would have guessed that was a PS3 ad until the end. Sony was so bad at viral marketing until Kevin Butler.
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jhcho2

I completely agree with the OP. It seems that I'm not the only one not being fooled by Sony's BS.

garland51

Well, you'd have be quite a greenhorn to be fooled by any of the marketing. Sony's marketing is more eccentric than being blatantly false.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#35 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts
Oh yeah Cows are the worst. Can't say one negative thing about something Sony related without being labeled as a Lem :roll:
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActionRemix
 -
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]I think they hired freshman film students and gave them LSD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u_AZjYm0ARiverwolf007
i will see that suxaxis and doll commercial you posted and raise you a dude masturbating to a soccer game with a sock at timemark 3:19 in the this is living commercial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8kbeat that sw. (no pun intended)

Im.........at a loss for words.......
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="ActionRemix"]I think they hired freshman film students and gave them LSD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_u_AZjYm0AStrongDeadlift
i will see that suxaxis and doll commercial you posted and raise you a dude masturbating to a soccer game with a sock at timemark 3:19 in the this is living commercial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8kbeat that sw. (no pun intended)

Im.........at a loss for words.......

lol, goooooooooaallllllllllllllllll!

woodenfork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 woodenfork21
Member since 2011 • 454 Posts

flipdc5

more like MS shoots for the moon while Sony is shooting blanks....

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#40 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

i will see that suxaxis and doll commercial you posted and raise you a dude masturbating to a soccer game with a sock at timemark 3:19 in the this is living commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psd8oVToS8k

beat that sw. (no pun intended)

Riverwolf007

what is this i dont even

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

[QUOTE="Marka1700"]Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.StrongDeadlift

Lawl.

Remember this? http://www.gamespot.com/news/scee-ceo-ps-6151631

Sony actually said they could sell 5 million PS3s with no games. :lol:

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Marka1700"]Don't forget. If you can find a PS3 on the shelf I will give you $1200.Tikeio

Lawl.

Remember this? http://www.gamespot.com/news/scee-ceo-ps-6151631

Sony actually said they could sell 5 million PS3s with no games. :lol:

lol, you are only bringing that up because they were wrong, it sold like 28 million before it had any kind of real library.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Yes, you are a troll.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

-ActionRemix

is this real??? :lol:

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ActionRemix
is this real??? :lol:KarateeeChop
https://twitter.com/#!/KazHiraiSCE/status/140598600093794306 What do you think? :lol:
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Cows dont give 3 s***s, somehow. Since theyre not here posting? :P

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Atari Jaguar does 64bit!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

No that's EA again.
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/mz3r2/banned_from_battlelog_for_72_hours_again_for_the/

[quote="EA"][quote="reddit"] Just making one thing clear here. I did not re-post the post I was originally banned for on the 25th. A mod actually dug the old post up and banned me for it a second time. The ban I recieved the 25th and the ban I recieved today (Dec. 2nd) are for the exact same post.

Also, I dont really have anything against european countries. Ive been to paris once and Rome once. Spent 2 weeks in each city and loved it. The post was more out of boredom and some trolling.

------------------

Remember me? The man with the mustache that was banned for 72 hours from battlelog for saying germany is badass. Well apparently a moderator dug the topic up again and banned me for it A SECOND TIME. I was already banned for the topic I made, so why am I being banned again for it?

And now again, I am completely unable to access battlelog and play the game.

Here is my previous topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/mptco/i_was_banned_from_battlelog_for_72_hours_for/

Believe this s***.

EA Chat

Hello ,

Your Electronic Arts account has been suspended for 72 hours for violating the Terms of Services for Electronic Arts Online.

Violation: Inappropriate language: Post:Romania: good place to live if you wanna starve to death Finland: they play lots of tennis i hear Portugal: good food apparently Denmark: almost as badass as germany. Switzerland: they do a lot of stuff I think that just about sums up europe.

You can read the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online by going to the following web address.
http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

If you feel that this action is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, please submit a dispute form by using the following link:
http://help.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/terminated_form.php

The Electronic Arts support team is available at http://help.ea.com should you have any general questions or concerns about the rule or its enforcement in the game, as we feel it is important to understand the rule completely before returning to the game world.

Sincerely, Customer Support Electronic Arts, Inc.

EDIT: MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT AN EA ADVISOR CHAT. The advisor ended the chat without warning:

you: Hello Ashok.

Ashok: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Ashok how may I help you?

you: I have a frustrating and strange problem here. Allow me to explain.

Ashok: Please take your time.

you: I was temporarily banned November 25th for 72 hours forinappropriate language. I served my ban and was unbanned November 28th.

you: THis ban was due to a battlelog forum post I had made.

The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

Click the link for second punchline.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

Next gen dosen't start until we say it does.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44724 Posts
omg, that gif is going to give me a seizure