Sony trademarks two new games

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Entwined sounds like a JRPG. Kill Strain, sounds Syphon Filter-esque. I remember reading rumours of that being rebooted.

Entwined sounds like another cinematic interactive like similar to Beyond and Heavy Rain… KillStrain sounds like an shooter. Yawn

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@walloftruth said:

Two more games that most cows won't even buy, I wonder why they hype their games so much but don't buy them in the end, I guess they're not as great as they want everyone to think.

TLOU has sold over 6 million and probably sell at least another 2 million with this PS4 remaster. Killzone Shadow Fall is the best selling current gen exclusive so far. inFAMOUS Second Son will likely surpass it. Where are the big selling Microsoft exclusives the last 2 years? Nothing noteworthy since Halo 4.

in all fairness

http://www.tapscape.com/halo-4-sales-record/

and i believe it sold about 9 million lifetime, which is pretty impressive for being on only 1 platform.

Also last i heard from TLOU was about 4-4.5 million not 6. MS exclusives typically sell more then PS exclusives so walloftruth has a point. but of course sales = quality

Nope TLOU is at 6 million. There was statement released. Excellent for a new IP. Don't expect Xflop exclusives to outsell PS4 exclusives this gen with what looks to be a huge disparity in user base size. As of right now Killzone Shadow Fall and inFAMOUS Second Son have performed MUCH better than any Xbox One exclusive so far this gen. Titanfall was not an exclusive.

And like I said no Xbox exclusive has done anything since Halo 4. Even Gears flopped(although God Of War did too so that evens out).

well in all fairness judgement just wasn't that good of a game. and the sales reflected that. Also the PS4 really only had 2 exclusives for the 1st 4 months so knack and killzone have benefited greatly from that, then infamous did as well due to the games drought. I hardly think 6 months is going to be a telling sign for the next 8 years but in SW i guess any little thing you can try to argue over, people will find a way.

Also i seen this h i did see this on gamespot

The Last of Us, Naughty Dog's acclaimed 2013 PlayStation 3 action game, has now sold more than 6 million copies worldwide. Sony announced the news today on the PlayStation Blog.

It's not clear if the 6 million figure is sold-in (sold to retailers) or sold-through (sold to consumers). We have reached out to Sony for comment. The last sales update for The Last of Us came three weeks after the game's release in June 2013 when Sony announced that the game had sold 3.4 million copies.

It appears to be sold in retail, not to customers

No you just assume it was sold to retailers because it fits your narrative better. The game sold 3.4 million less than a month after release yet you assume you it only sold less than a million more since then with all the hype it continued to generate throughout 2013 becoming the most decorated game ever? 6 million sold new IP...deal with it. :)

Xbox One has had Ryse, DR3, Forza 5 and Titanfall. One more retail game than PS4 so that is not an excuse as why the those first 3 didn't sell well. Forza 5 has basically been given away since day one...same with Titanfall.

and you just assume it was sold to costumers. See how that works? Sony loves bragging about their sales numbers. Thats a fact. When gamespot reached out to them for confirmation and in a month they couldn't reply back that it was sold to costumers, that pretty much means it wasn't. Also not that its 100% reliable but VG chartz has them at just under 4.5 million.

Also I'm one of the ones who owns it, why would i have to "deal with it" as you say? I'm just trying to get an accurate number. You also forgot PVZ. having the choice of 5 games to 3 games winds up being a big difference in the long run. Plus i'm pretty sure the top sellers are BF, AC and CoD all multiplats

PS4 has 4 major retail games not available on Xbox One when you include Final Fantasy XIV. Then add in Warframe and all the PS+ like games Resogun, Outlast, Mercenary Kings etc. that are not available on Xbox One and PS4 users still have more games to play. MLB The Show 14 will release in about two weeks as well to make it 5 big retail games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@walloftruth said:

Two more games that most cows won't even buy, I wonder why they hype their games so much but don't buy them in the end, I guess they're not as great as they want everyone to think.

TLOU has sold over 6 million and probably sell at least another 2 million with this PS4 remaster. Killzone Shadow Fall is the best selling current gen exclusive so far. inFAMOUS Second Son will likely surpass it. Where are the big selling Microsoft exclusives the last 2 years? Nothing noteworthy since Halo 4.

in all fairness

and i believe it sold about 9 million lifetime, which is pretty impressive for being on only 1 platform.

Also last i heard from TLOU was about 4-4.5 million not 6. MS exclusives typically sell more then PS exclusives so walloftruth has a point. but of course sales = quality

Nope TLOU is at 6 million. There was statement released. Excellent for a new IP. Don't expect Xflop exclusives to outsell PS4 exclusives this gen with what looks to be a huge disparity in user base size. As of right now Killzone Shadow Fall and inFAMOUS Second Son have performed MUCH better than any Xbox One exclusive so far this gen. Titanfall was not an exclusive.

And like I said no Xbox exclusive has done anything since Halo 4. Even Gears flopped(although God Of War did too so that evens out).

well in all fairness judgement just wasn't that good of a game. and the sales reflected that. Also the PS4 really only had 2 exclusives for the 1st 4 months so knack and killzone have benefited greatly from that, then infamous did as well due to the games drought. I hardly think 6 months is going to be a telling sign for the next 8 years but in SW i guess any little thing you can try to argue over, people will find a way.

The Last of Us, Naughty Dog's acclaimed 2013 PlayStation 3 action game, has now sold more than 6 million copies worldwide. Sony announced the news today on the PlayStation Blog.

It's not clear if the 6 million figure is sold-in (sold to retailers) or sold-through (sold to consumers). We have reached out to Sony for comment. The last sales update for The Last of Us came three weeks after the game's release in June 2013 when Sony announced that the game had sold 3.4 million copies.

No you just assume it was sold to retailers because it fits your narrative better. The game sold 3.4 million less than a month after release yet you assume you it only sold less than a million more since then with all the hype it continued to generate throughout 2013 becoming the most decorated game ever? 6 million sold new IP...deal with it. :)

Xbox One has had Ryse, DR3, Forza 5 and Titanfall. One more retail game than PS4 so that is not an excuse as why the those first 3 didn't sell well. Forza 5 has basically been given away since day one...same with Titanfall.

and you just assume it was sold to costumers. See how that works? Sony loves bragging about their sales numbers. Thats a fact. When gamespot reached out to them for confirmation and in a month they couldn't reply back that it was sold to costumers, that pretty much means it wasn't. Also not that its 100% reliable but VG chartz has them at just under 4.5 million.

Also I'm one of the ones who owns it, why would i have to "deal with it" as you say? I'm just trying to get an accurate number. You also forgot PVZ. having the choice of 5 games to 3 games winds up being a big difference in the long run. Plus i'm pretty sure the top sellers are BF, AC and CoD all multiplats

PS4 has 4 major retail games not available on Xbox One when you include Final Fantasy XIV. Then add in Warframe and all the PS+ like games Resogun, Outlast, Mercenary Kings etc. that are not available on Xbox One and PS4 users still have more games to play. MLB The Show 14 will release in about two weeks as well to make it 5 big retail games.

I'm pretty sure FF14 isn't released yet. Warframe is F2P, the rest were free PSN+ games that are smaller indie titles. Most people have those games just because they are free. MLB games are very niche and cater to a small audience of people.

Regardless, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the topic about Sony trademarking 2 names.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@xboxdone74 said:

@lostrib: dumb response.

As always.
We dont know nothing about the game nor can we judge it on its name.
Can only hope they are decent.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@walloftruth said:

in all fairness

I'm pretty sure FF14 isn't released yet. Warframe is F2P, the rest were free PSN+ games that are smaller indie titles. Most people have those games just because they are free. MLB games are very niche and cater to a small audience of people.

Regardless, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the topic about Sony trademarking 2 names.

FF14 released last week

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@walloftruth said:

in all fairness

FF14 released last week

Ahh Gotcha, Still I doubt a week old game has had any effect on sales up to this point. But yes it would be another big game on the PS4 side

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

KILL STRAIN is either a new Syphon Filter from Bend or GG's new RPG. I'm pretty sure KILLZONE is also in caps. GG might have Kill in all their games like Crytek replaces i with y in all their titles.

I'd be happy with both scenarios. A RPG set in a universe similar to Killzone's might be interesting. I'm picturing something similar to Fallout. Their RPG is supposed to be fantasy though, so we'll have to see.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Doesn't sound interesting. Any info or just the names?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@walloftruth said:

7 million PS4's sold and only 22 million PS4 games sold, do the math.

And why in the world would I care about Microsoft exclusives? Cheap DC.

Are you calling a 3 game attachment after 5 months bad? If so that is ridiculous.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Killstrain sounds like yet another FPS...... Boring. I want something either than fucking FPS games.

Or it could be a Fighting game....................

It could be anything.

Why are you automatically bashing it as an FPS, and bashing FPS for that matter?

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Killstrain sounds like yet another FPS...... Boring. I want something either than fucking FPS games.

Sounds more like an indie game.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@clyde46 said:

Or it could be a Fighting game....................

It could be anything.

Why are you automatically bashing it as an FPS, and bashing FPS for that matter?

Because there's nothing new in FPS.... It seems that a lot of FPS games are just COD in a different skin.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Quick gpuking, make a thread about these two games being graphics king and the rest of the cows should follow him to do your circle jerk there.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Trying to base game info off their names is a little presumptuous, no?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Ride that indie train, and ride it!

PS4 rides the Indie train. X1 rides the 720p train. Choice is yours.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#69 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Entwined is going to be an RPG, going by the name alone. As for Killstrain, there are multiple genres that could be. I don't think it's going to be an FPS because Sony already has their FPS franchise in Killzone. I think it will be third person, but not too much like Uncharted.