regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps5-playstation-5-shortage-console-unavailable-ps4-production-throughout-2022-supply-disruption-2703186

Reasoning is that due to PS5 supply constraint that this will help the bottom line. According to the article it also helps Sony to negotiate better deals with supply partners.

This probably means less PS5 exclusive games and more cross gen games

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Not good news at all as a ps5 owner I want them to move on asap.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

The COVID-19 pandemic killed exclusives confirmed

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to stop seeing cross gen games well into 2024.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Good thing sony believes in generations

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Hmm. Looks like Microsoft's commitment to support the XB1 for a few years has proven wise. Also, I heard the Series S availability isn't as bad as Series X and PS5, likely due to smaller and simpler SOC with higher yield.

Microsoft might be in a better position to ride this out here.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 regnaston

@madrocketeer: And with MS rolling out cloud gaming you can play Series X/S games on your Xbox One.. I wouldn't want to play multiplayer but I have tried using the cloud gaming on my Series X and single player works well

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@robert_sparkes said:

Not good news at all as a ps5 owner I want them to move on asap.

To be fair, Sony has sold every PS system for up to 10 years after release. That means they've sold the previous PlayStation system well into their next PlayStation's life cycle.

FYI: Sony didn't stop selling PS3's until 2017! 2017! Maybe people here didn't know that.

Let's take a moment to take into account PS4 launched in 2013, then this is no different than they've done in their history of supporting their former consoles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

"We believe in generations".🤭

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Pedro:

They're not known worldwide as Phony, the one and only, for nuttin ya know? lol :P

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By above_average
@thedork_knight said:

It is.

It's amazing how a company can support a previous console while also supporting a new console they've brought to the market. Sony has done that for, well, EVERY PlayStation in the history of it's existence.

And what's even more amazing is some people are/were completely oblivious to this fact and act surprised or shocked when this is standard business practice for Sony.

Would you check out that date?

Amazing how Sony was supporting the PS4 generation while still producing PS3's for so long isn't it? This isn't really information I expect the ignorant group of users on this board to acknowledge, but these are the facts.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Bu bu Generations

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

If I could get a PS4 Pro for about £200, I might. Seems unlikely and not willing to pay more than the Series S asking price... Or anywhere near it, which is £250.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thedork_knight

@above_average: sony are only supporting the ps4 because of the low supply of ps5 no other reason, they have never supportedany older console like they have with the ps4. Like when Microsoft said that they would support the XBO for 2yrs after the release of the x/s sony came out with the we believe in generations statement and now have had to backtrack on that statement.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LetsHaveFun
Member since 2020 • 369 Posts

@regnaston said:

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps5-playstation-5-shortage-console-unavailable-ps4-production-throughout-2022-supply-disruption-2703186

Reasoning is that due to PS5 supply constraint that this will help the bottom line. According to the article it also helps Sony to negotiate better deals with supply partners.

why would this mean less PS5 exclusives? After this year they won't be making any more.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LetsHaveFun
@above_average said:
@thedork_knight said:

It is.

It's amazing how a company can support a previous console while also supporting a new console they've brought to the market. Sony has done that for, well, EVERY PlayStation in the history of it's existence.

And what's even more amazing is some people are/were completely oblivious to this fact and act surprised or shocked when this is standard business practice for Sony.

Would you check out that date?

Amazing how Sony was supporting the PS4 generation while still producing PS3's for so long isn't it? This isn't really information I expect the ignorant group of users on this board to acknowledge, but these are the facts.

that's an own right there!

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LetsHaveFun
@thedork_knight said:

@above_average: sony are only supporting the ps4 because of the low supply of ps5 no other reason, they have never supportedany older console like they have with the ps4. Like when Microsoft said that they would support the XBO for 2yrs after the release of the x/s sony came out with the we believe in generations statement and now have had to backtrack on that statement.

what are you talking about? Sony was making PS2's for 12 years! the PS3 for 10! the PS4 will be supported for 9 years if the 2022 deadline holds. PS4 will be the least supported console of the bunch.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 regnaston

@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:

why would this mean less PS5 exclusives? After this year they won't be making any more.

I meant in the short term

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LetsHaveFun

@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:

You mean this year? Anything already coming out on both platforms is already being developed. This news wouldn't change that.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 regnaston

@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:

You mean this year? Anything already coming out on both platforms is already being developed. This news wouldn't change that.

So you think they stop making stuff for PS4 in 2022 after selling the PS4 for 2022.. it probably pushes more games to be cross platform into late 2023 or early 2024

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By above_average

When ignorant fanboy arguments run head first into hard facts.

My work is done here

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thedork_knight

@letshavefun: yes they may have been but their actual focus was always on the newer hardware. The meaning of we believe in generations is that they will produce games that are only available on that generation of consoles I.e the ps5 and not the ps4. None of sonys big IPs GoW, HZD:FW,GT7 etc would never of been available for ps4 if the shortages weren't a thing.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

@regnaston said:

@madrocketeer: And with MS rolling out cloud gaming you can play Series X/S games on your Xbox One.. I wouldn't want to play multiplayer but I have tried using the cloud gaming on my Series X and single player works well

I have played Outriders, Minecraft Dungeons and the Ascent on the cloud and it has been pretty much flawless... I think at one point playing The Ascent I had lag for like 2 seconds... besides that, I can say I didn't even remember I was playing on the cloud.

now, playing on the cloud on my phone is another story, but most of my issues is losing signal at work and going back home on the bus to PA from NY.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LetsHaveFun

@thedork_knight said:

@letshavefun: yes they may have been but their actual focus was always on the newer hardware. The meaning of we believe in generations is that they will produce games that are only available on that generation of consoles I.e the ps5 and not the ps4. None of sonys big IPs GoW, HZD:FW,GT7 etc would never of been available for ps4 if the shortages weren't a thing.

I think GoW and Horizon were meant to be PS4 titles that got pushed to PS5. GT7 would be the only one in the bunch that would theoretically have a PS4 version built after the fact.

And if that's the case we'd have seen Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank, Destruction allstars, Deathloop, returnal on ps4 too but we don't. It's going beyond PS5 stocks and more about that these games were always coming for PS4 and they've been delayed because of the pandemic.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LetsHaveFun

@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:

So you think they stop making stuff for PS4 in 2022 after selling the PS4 for 2022.. it probably pushes more games to be cross platform into late 2023 or early 2024

I think whatever is coming to PS4 was always going to be on PS5 regardless of stocks or manufacturing end dates. The pandemic made it so that these cross gen titles released later than they were supposed to.

Everything else not revealed in 2019 is coming for PS5 only to my knowledge..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:

I think whatever is coming to PS4 was always going to be on PS5 regardless of stocks or manufacturing end dates. The pandemic made it so that these cross gen titles released later than they were supposed to.

It's looking like 4 years of PS4 first party game support with PS5.

Speaking of PS4.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I think it's great they are still going to make them BUT

THE PRICE NEEDS TO DROP! They are still selling for $299, I wish they could get the PS4 Slim down to $199 or $149. That will open up a new market for budget gamers, and less fortunate gamers. And gets a great system to more people.

But with the supply shortages this sadly won't happen. I feel bad for kids mostly, I remember during the PS1/N64 gen how cheap Genesis and SNES got and I remember me and a ton of my friends getting some great 16 bit systems and games for cheap.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LetsHaveFun

@x_hedon said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:
@letshavefun said:
@regnaston said:

It's looking like 4 years of PS4 first party game support with PS5.

Speaking of PS4.

Can you explain the timeline with titles?

also Don said that if you don't want an Xbox because of the forced online and TV stuff then get a 360. hardly the same thing.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Seems like Sony are admitting that the Series S wasn’t such a bad idea after all…

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

The console gods seem to have dedicated this gen to pwn cows.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Maybe for them it's easier than making PS5s, they gotta sell something.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

So does that mean all the games coming in 2022 are coming to PS4?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@sealionact said:

Seems like Sony are admitting that the Series S wasn’t such a bad idea after all…

I see Xbox personalities on twitter saying this same thing. Equating the Series S being in stock nationwide as the reason PlayStations is producing up to a million PS4’s to bridge PS5 production. They sold more than that many PS4’s in 2021. Around 1.7 million. That seems insulting towards the Xbox Series S if that’s the case…

The Series S uses many of the same chips and components as the Series X. Those chips fall under the same group that we have a shortage of. The PS4 chips are far easier to source for production because they’re old and were mass produced almost a decade ago… I think this has more to do with PS looking for an additional revenue stream during a shortage than what the competition is doing.

But the Colt Eastwoods and Dealer Gamings of the twitter and YouTube world are running victory laps for Xbox regarding the PS4 production…

What a special group of people…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

As I have stated before

Out of stock = Problem

In stock = Problem