Sony = Sparta

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShockG707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 279

User Lists: 0

#1 ShockG707
Member since 2003 • 1306 Posts

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

Seems everyone is bashing Sony nowadays and have been expecting to see them fall, yet they have'nt .  So after seeing the new movie "300" I could'nt help but make this comparison:

Sony = Sparta/300:  Proud group of uber elite soldiers not giving into popular belief of their demise, despite being surrounded and outnumbered. 

M$ = Persia:  An army of  average soldiers gaining great ground and endless wealth despite their past history of mistreating/misleading the masses...world dominance is clearly the motivation. 

Nintendo= The Oracle users (name?):  (Old as dirt wise men using the very young as pawns to force their influence on gaming since the beginning of time.  Once consultants to Sparta but greed got the better of them. )

THIS IS SOOOOOOONNNNNNNY!!!!!!!!!

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

Seems everyone is bashing Sony nowadays and have been expecting to see them fall, yet they have'nt .  So after seeing the new movie "300" I could'nt help but make this comparison:

Sony = Sparta/300:  Proud group of uber elite soldiers not giving into popular belief of their demise, despite being surrounded and outnumbered. 

M$ = Persia:  An army of  average soldiers gaining great ground and endless wealth despite their past history of mistreating/misleading the masses...world dominance is clearly the motivation. 

Nintendo= The Oracle users (name?):  (Old as dirt wise men using the very young as pawns to force their influence on gaming since the beginning of time.  Once consultants to Sparta but greed got the better of them. )

ShockG707
So HOW is Nintendo greedy?
terry_tate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 terry_tate
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
Horrible comparison, but I'd say Nintendo is more like Sparta, if anything.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
You're right! I don't want to see 300 and I don't want a PS3.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
I wouldnt say sony is sparta, especially after screwing early PS3 buyers over by releasing rumble late and screwing up their european PS3s.

Great movie though, I would say that Nintendo and even Microsoft can represent Sprata better though
inthiscasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inthiscasket
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts
AND in what place does the suductive sex man-goat come in play?
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
Sony?  No.

This....is....SPLENDAAAAAAAA!!!!

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

I guess Sony is going to lose to the Wii and 360 this gen.

Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Rhaxdric
Member since 2006 • 2864 Posts
God 300 was so awesome, I really want to watch it again...
ShockG707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShockG707
[QUOTE="ShockG707"]

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

Cpt_Meh

Not so much as "is" but "was".  They backstabbed and abandoned Sony for the PS1 technology in order to have it for themselves.  Needless to say...it backfired.

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Nintendo:  Arcadians - Scholars who leave the fight before getting slaughtered.  Let the other guys beat each other senseless.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
[QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="ShockG707"]

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

ShockG707

Not so much as "is" but "was".  They backstabbed and abandoned Sony for the PS1 technology in order to have it for themselves.  Needless to say...it backfired.

I see no evidence of a backfire now. :D
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
300 was a sick movie.  I loved every minute of it.  But i think either Nintendo or Microsoft is Sparta because Sony has been the king for 2 generations.  So they have to beat down the evil empire that is sony lol.  
Avatar image for Hopperman_Grass
Hopperman_Grass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hopperman_Grass
Member since 2005 • 378 Posts
I would day that Soney better represented Persia, They were a huge army with the PS2 and they had most of the gamers on their side, but now they are losing the war.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

So HOW is Nintendo greedy?Cpt_Meh

Sony was designing a system for Nintendo aka the Playstation. Yamaguchi (Nintendo President at that time) didn't like the fact they Sony and Nintendo were going to split the money.  Nintendo sided with Phillips so Nintendo could gain all of the profit.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts

More like

Microsoft + Nintendo = Alexander the Great..

He took down Sparta hundreds of years later.. Easily.

DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts

lol

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Nemacyst

With 240 million PS consoles sold alltogether.. I doubt Sony is Sparta.

Probably an underdog like MS is. With only 34 million consoles sold all toghether.

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Horrible comparison, but I'd say Nintendo is more like Sparta, if anything.terry_tate
Bingo. Sony has the install base and the brand name.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
Not so much as "is" but "was". They backstabbed and abandoned Sony for the PS1 technology in order to have it for themselves. Needless to say...it backfired.ShockG707
No.  They abandond Sony after witnessing so many CD add-ons from rival companies fail.  That, and Sony wanted complete creative control over the project.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="terry_tate"]Horrible comparison, but I'd say Nintendo is more like Sparta, if anything.HeedleGlavin
Bingo. Sony has the install base and the brand name.

So does Nintendo. You have to realize that Microsoft just joined the battle last gen. They are the underdogs.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Barbarians destroyed all of those overly-decorated freaks.
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

Horrible comparison but 300 was an awesome movie so...

7/10

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
How about sony is persia because they have the vast army(ps2) and the magic/monsters(ps3), Microsoft is sparta(strong console but lacking in numbers) and nintendo is the Thespians(Weaker yet still fighting)
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
You're right! I don't want to see 300 and I don't want a PS3.MrDziekuje
You're missing out. 300 was a fantastic movie. It makes Braveheart look like a black and white movie. :lol:
BobElSnob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BobElSnob
Member since 2006 • 326 Posts
Sony's like Sparta? The Spartans were killed to a man at Thermopylae, so doesn't that mean sony is going to lose?
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
How in the hell is Sony outnumbered?
icEx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 icEx07
Member since 2004 • 1049 Posts
So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?yoshi-lnex
uhh, he's comparing the systems with the beliefs of each group... not the aftermath of the war.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

Seems everyone is bashing Sony nowadays and have been expecting to see them fall, yet they have'nt . So after seeing the new movie "300" I could'nt help but make this comparison:

Sony = Sparta/300: Proud group of uber elite soldiers not giving into popular belief of their demise, despite being surrounded and outnumbered.

M$ = Persia: An army of average soldiers gaining great ground and endless wealth despite their past history of mistreating/misleading the masses...world dominance is clearly the motivation.

Nintendo= The Oracle users (name?): (Old as dirt wise men using the very young as pawns to force their influence on gaming since the beginning of time. Once consultants to Sparta but greed got the better of them. )

ShockG707
Wouldn't Sony be Persia with there PS2 user base of over 100M who are suppose to move on to the PS3 and slaughter the other 2 in sales?
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Nemacyst
Sony's like Sparta? The Spartans were killed to a man at Thermopylae, so doesn't that mean sony is going to lose?BobElSnob
Sparta is a city. Smart one.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mudig
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?icEx07
uhh, he's comparing the systems with the beliefs of each group... not the aftermath of the war.

Uhhh the aftermath of the war Sparta wins. Right? I mean, wasn't this the battle of Alexander the Great and his army versus the Persian army?
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
i watched a documentary. i remember hearing something about 300 spartans and 1000 other greeks, even after the rest retreated against many persians. sure it was very heroic even with 1300 people, but to tell the truth, the persians had lower quality stuff and wasn't trained for the kind of combat that the greeks used. which was hide behind a shield and stab all day!
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts

300------meh so-so action movie that butchered the historical accounts.

I was annoyed by the fake "digital grain" (noise) added to every frame to make the 100% shot-on-video green-screen movie appear to be a real film--instead, every shot was noisy.

I hated that the Spartans (in the movie) never once fought as a real phalanx (lined in a grid, each man's shield protecting the man to his right, spears wielded OVERHANDED)--instead, 95% of the fighting was 1 on 1 each man's shield protecting himself, and they usually threw their spears!---totally historically innacurate. FYI-the beginning "phalanx" combat was NOT how it is really done. There's a ton of other things, (Persian "fish scale" armor totally missing, tactics, numbers, etc) 

I loathed the mandatory Hollywood romantic sub-plot.

I hated that despite adding some famous Spartan sayings in the movie, the movie's Spartans thought + talked as 20th century soldiers, not historical Spartans did.

IMHO it was a movie for comic-book fans, not history fans.

If they must base this movie off a book, they should have picked "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield--THAT movie would be great!

ShockG707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShockG707
Sony = PS3, which the PS3 is clearly outnumbered right now on sales and fans (i.e system wars).  So like I said Sony is the CURRENT underdog lately. 
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="BobElSnob"]Sony's like Sparta? The Spartans were killed to a man at Thermopylae, so doesn't that mean sony is going to lose?The_Nemacyst
Sparta is a city. Smart one.

but he's using the movie comparison, or so i assume so he's talking about the spartan army. maybe.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="icEx07"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?Mudig

Uhhh the aftermath of the war Sparta wins. Right? I mean, wasn't this the battle of Alexander the Great and his army versus the Persian army?

Alexander the great is after this, and he defeats Sparta (which is a city state) The persians are led by Xerxes whom defeats the Spartans, and loses against sparta in the sea with naval combat
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Probably an underdog like MS is. With only 34 million consoles sold all toghether.

The_Nemacyst

For this gen Sony is Sparta.

• The 360 and Wii have a bigger userbase than the PS3.
  • The only cows that remain are the hardcore's.
  • Lemmings  are trying to convert the cows into one of them but cows are trying to resist.

It makes sense if you think about it.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Nemacyst
i watched a documentary. i remember hearing something about 300 spartans and 1000 other greeks, even after the rest retreated against many persians. sure it was very heroic even with 1300 people, but to tell the truth, the persians had lower quality stuff and wasn't trained for the kind of combat that the greeks used. which was hide behind a shield and stab all day!bionicle_lover
I believe it was 700 others. All together 1000 people, vs 200,000 people. This movie got it wrong, it wasnt 300 vs 1 million.
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mudig
[QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="icEx07"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?The_Nemacyst

Alexander the great is after this, and he defeats Sparta (which is a city state) The persians are led by Xerxes whom defeats the Spartans, and loses against sparta in the sea with naval combat

Nevermind then. The army Alexander the Great led was Macedonia...I keep forgetting. Anyway, those guys beat the hell out of the Persians and they were low in men too.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="icEx07"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?The_Nemacyst

i dont think he loses to sparta in the sea but i think he loses to the united greeks. cause i dont think sparta had a huge navy. i believe it was athens. who the persians were targeting in the first place.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Nemacyst
[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"]

kage_53

For this gen Sony is Sparta.

• The 360 and Wii have a bigger userbase than the PS3.
  • The only cows that remain are the hardcore's.
  • Lemmings and sheep are trying to convert the cows into one of them but cows are trying to resist.

It makes sense if you think about it.

God damn, what fanboy isn't trying to convert people? If this gen Sony is sparta, then they will lose next gen. Because thats when Alexander the Great comes to dominate them.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bionicle_lover

[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]i watched a documentary. i remember hearing something about 300 spartans and 1000 other greeks, even after the rest retreated against many persians. sure it was very heroic even with 1300 people, but to tell the truth, the persians had lower quality stuff and wasn't trained for the kind of combat that the greeks used. which was hide behind a shield and stab all day!The_Nemacyst
I believe it was 700 others. All together 1000 people, vs 200,000 people. This movie got it wrong, it wasnt 300 vs 1 million.

o but im glas you know your stuff. i watched it on the history channel and that made the movie seem to out of porportion. not that i watched it though. impressive for the greeks but the greeks chose most of the setting and stuff but it was smart since the persians weren't ready for this kind of warfare.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Nemacyst

[QUOTE="The_Nemacyst"][QUOTE="Mudig"][QUOTE="icEx07"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]So you're saying that Sony is going to die brutally?bionicle_lover

i dont think he loses to sparta in the sea but i think he loses to the united greeks. cause i dont think sparta had a huge navy. i believe it was athens. who the persians were targeting in the first place.

The persians were trying to take over that whole entire region, and they failed. They lost in the sea.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
I wouldnt say sony is sparta, especially after screwing early PS3 buyers over by releasing rumble late and screwing up their european PS3s.

Great movie though, I would say that Nintendo and even Microsoft can represent Sprata better though
HappyInvader101

yes just how microsoft screwed you guys up with version 2 of the xbox360..
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
[QUOTE="ShockG707"][QUOTE="Cpt_Meh"][QUOTE="ShockG707"]

***(MOVIE SPOILERS)***

Cpt_Meh

I see no evidence of a backfire now. :D

It takes time. The Wii-mote won't last as long as the PS3 and 360 can.
Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Benifited
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts
Sony? No.

This....is....SPLENDAAAAAAAA!!!!

TheOneMan
lolz ohhhhh man classic