Sony should just *SCRAP HOME* before they truly embarrass themselves.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dur_Rocky
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts

With delay after delay for Home most have said Maybe Sony should just wait until PS4 and launch with Home. But really Home is so lame it's not even funny. Why would anyone really want to play sims on PS3 anyway. It's lame. It started as a good idea but now more then ever seems nothing more then a gimmick and just a way for Sony to try and have advertisers pay to post ads throughout the Home sims world.

I mean really Don't you guys rather want Sony to get PSN up to good standards Rather then launch some lame Home Sims world?

Home:roll:=:lol:

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts
Sony already has embarrassed itself time and time again since the launch of the PS3, although not to the point Nintendo has.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Actually........I think I agree with you.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

You're not even funny.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts
It would be embarrassing if Microsoft launch what they have in Fall while Sony is still working on Home. Since they announced Killzone 2 Microsoft will have shipped Gears of War 1 and 2. That is pathetic.
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

Live Party is much better.

Its much quicker then having to enter someones Home apartment room and THEN enter a game together.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dur_Rocky

It would be embarrassing if Microsoft launch what they have in Fall while Sony is still working on Home. Since they announced Killzone 2 Microsoft will have shipped Gears of War 1 and 2. That is pathetic.Jamex1987

And we know it will happen

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dur_Rocky

Its much quicker then having to enter someones Home apartment room and THEN enter a game together.

-GhostMLD-

The day I find myself hanging out in some kids Home apartment on Home service is the day I OFF MYSELF.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Sony needs to release Home, even if its not completely done.

I am sure most users would understand the whole beta thing.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Dur_Rocky

The day I find myself hanging out in some kids Home apartment on Home service is the day I OFF MYSELF.

ur faith in the lemming brotherhood is strong. ur faith pure and untainted.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

Sony already has embarrassed itself time and time again since the launch of the PS3, although not to the point Nintendo has.Jade_Monkey

Well, Ninty still can say in its defence that they are selling like hotcakes. Sony can't even say that.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

SpruceCaboose
Believe me, they would not.
Haku_Ryushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Haku_Ryushi
Member since 2004 • 1241 Posts
You think Home is an embarrassment? Look at the Xbox avatars. That is a true embarrassment and disgrace to videogaming and consoles.
fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Dur_Rocky

:lol:
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

blitzcloud

I would rather have a work in progress that I can use to another year delay.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

blitzcloud

Oh i have no doubt it will be a buggy mess. Look at 2.41. Just imagine all the bricked PS3's when sims world 2.55 is released.

Som3Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Som3Guy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

embarrass themselves?

Like MS with RROD...nothing beats that kind of EXTREME EMBARRASSMENT.

that being said, since when was home out?

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dur_Rocky

You think Home is an embarrassment? Look at the Xbox avatars. That is a true embarrassment and disgrace to videogaming and consoles.Haku_Ryushi

Well yes this is un needed for sure. But heck they have been on PC forever and Wii has them. So whatever.

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dur_Rocky
How much you want to bet we will see massive reports of pedophiles on Home trying to lure kids to there sims apartment. You just wait Home will be CANCELLED because of this.
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -GhostMLD-

embarrass themselves?

Som3Guy

2006 called, it wants ur RROD post back.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="blitzcloud"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Dur_Rocky

Oh i have no doubt it will be a buggy mess. Look at 2.41. Just imagine all the bricked PS3's when sims world 2.55 is released.

You mean firmware 2.40, not 2.41. And you do remember than some updates bricked 360s.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpruceCaboose

How much you want to bet we will see massive reports of pedophiles on Home trying to lure kids to there sims apartment. You just wait Home will be CANCELLED because of this.Dur_Rocky

You realize how insane that sounds?

Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dur_Rocky

[QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]How much you want to bet we will see massive reports of pedophiles on Home trying to lure kids to there sims apartment. You just wait Home will be CANCELLED because of this.SpruceCaboose

Yes i know but it's the sad truth.

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

No.

The vast majority of people who've seen it have been impressed. Why would they cancel something that's getting such positive feedback? Not to mention the insane amount of time they've invested in developing it.

You make no sense.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

The embarrassment cant get any worse at this point so I say just keep going. It seems like it would be a big winner for the PS3 and PS4 when it finally hits. Remember this is not something that is just going to go on this console, it's probably going on the PS4 as well.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]How much you want to bet we will see massive reports of pedophiles on Home trying to lure kids to there sims apartment. You just wait Home will be CANCELLED because of this.Dur_Rocky

Yes i know but it's the sad truth.

Happened to most online services, including Pictochat. It happens cuz people love to panic.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

With delay after delay for Home most have said Maybe Sony should just wait until PS4 and launch with Home. But really Home is so lame it's not even funny. Why would anyone really want to play sims on PS3 anyway. It's lame. It started as a good idea but now more then ever seems nothing more then a gimmick and just a way for Sony to try and have advertisers pay to post ads throughout the Home sims world.

I mean really Don't you guys rather want Sony to get PSN up to good standards Rather then launch some lame Home Sims world?

Dur_Rocky

for one you don't need to walk around to enter a room to start a game. you can just go strait to the room you need to be in like the warhawk room. just like chat room that 360 fans brag about every day. so now the ps 3 will have this plus having it in full 3d room. you can go to the warhawk table and look at the games playing to see were they are in the game. basicly it is a room with a table that has a hologram of the battle happening in that pasific game.

same as every other online game that will comeout on the ps 3 the game will have its seperate room that will have the theme of the game your playing.

you never have to enter a apartment if you don't want to.

there are other things you can do as well.

1. pool

2. bowling

3. arcade room

4. trailer room

5. theater playing movies you can choose the movie you want to see.

6. go to lobby and talk to people they will also have up coming games playing on the tv sets in the lobby.

psn is up to good standards i play warhawk every day with no lag at all and to play on-line that is all it counts. psn has great download games

1. pain

2. wipe out hd

3. cronodomes

4. tekken 5 on-line

5. stardust hd.

you said in one of your post i like the ps 3 it is a good system but i like the 360 better.

so why make hate after hate topics of the ps 3 if you like the system.

you try way to hard your the one embarrassing your self not sony. next time do some research before calling it a sims game. it a community for the psn network nothing more.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I don't think they should scrap it, but they should hurry up a bit.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
i am just wondering how **** home would be considering next to nobody chats on PSN
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
You need to stop making these anti-PS3 topics before you further embarress yourself.
Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts

SpruceCaboose
No that would be console suicice. Remember the 2.40 patch? Not finished, caused problems. Even trophies are unfinished, they should have made them backwards compatible to ALL games before release. releasing a non finished home would be like laying out a red carpet for 360... hmm so maybe they SHOULD release home early.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Cipher92

No that would be console suicice. Remember the 2.40 patch? Not finished, caused problems. Even trophies are unfinished, they should have made them backwards compatible to ALL games before release. releasing a non finished home would be like laying out a red carpet for 360... hmm so maybe they SHOULD release home early.

I am not saying release a version that crashes. But a version of the service that is functional, although maybe lacking some features should have been released.

Think XBL or PSN. Both are technically betas, since they are always being updated, and are never "finished". That is what I am talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

You're not even funny.

blitzcloud

Lmao :lol:.

nocode81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 nocode81
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

. basicly it is a room with a table that has a hologram of the battle happening in that pasific game.GARRYTH

Hahaha, seriously, what are you, 3?? 3 1/2 years old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
[QUOTE="Cipher92"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

SpruceCaboose

I am not saying release a version that crashes. But a version of the service that is functional, although maybe lacking some features should have been released.

Think XBL or PSN. Both are technically betas, since they are always being updated, and are never "finished". That is what I am talking about.

Agreed. If Sony would release a half-finished Home with all the features promised at GDC 07 then just keep updating it I would be fine.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I thought it was pretty sad when they showed it at this E3 and still could not have a date for it. Just think about how long they have been trying to hype sims onli... I mean home
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpruceCaboose
A perpetual beta is more what I am talking about than a full fledged, testing bugs and glitches beta.
Dur_Rocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dur_Rocky
[QUOTE="Dur_Rocky"]

GARRYTH

for one you don't need to walk around to enter a room to start a game. you can just go strait to the room you need to be in like the warhawk room. just like chat room that 360 fans brag about every day. so now the ps 3 will have this plus having it in full 3d room. you can go to the warhawk table and look at the games playing to see were they are in the game. basicly it is a room with a table that has a hologram of the battle happening in that pasific game.

same as every other online game that will comeout on the ps 3 the game will have its seperate room that will have the theme of the game your playing.

you never have to enter a apartment if you don't want to.

there are other things you can do as well.

1. pool

2. bowling

3. arcade room

4. trailer room

5. theater playing movies you can choose the movie you want to see.

6. go to lobby and talk to people they will also have up coming games playing on the tv sets in the lobby.

psn is up to good standards i play warhawk every day with no lag at all and to play on-line that is all it counts. psn has great download games

1. pain

2. wipe out hd

3. cronodomes

4. tekken 5 on-line

5. stardust hd.

you said in one of your post i like the ps 3 it is a good system but i like the 360 better.

so why make hate after hate topics of the ps 3 if you like the system.

you try way to hard your the one embarrassing your self not sony. next time do some research before calling it a sims game. it a community for the psn network nothing more.

Were did i write i hate PS3:? I said Home is going to be a joke? For one Home will be so slow look how bad the patch updates on PSN are now. I hate any update i have to do It's so slow. So just imagine trying to stream a movie or download a movie file on Home it will be god awful. Tht's probily why Home is so delayed. You see the whole free concept for PSN comes at major cost paifully slow downloads.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SpruceCaboose

Were did i write i hate PS3:? I said Home is going to be a joke? For one Home will be so slow look how bad the patch updates on PSN are now. I hate any update i have to do It's so slow. So just imagine trying to stream a movie or download a movie file on Home it will be god awful. Tht's probily why Home is so delayed. You see the whole free concept for PSN comes at major cost paifully slow downloads.

Dur_Rocky

Actually, lately PSN has had quicker downloads for me than XBL.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="blitzcloud"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

SpruceCaboose

I would rather have a work in progress that I can use to another year delay.

That's what most people would say, but after the launch it beta everyone would just tear them apart for it having bugs and glitches. It's the way of the world.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpruceCaboose

That's what most people would say, but after the launch it beta everyone would just tear them apart for it having bugs and glitches. It's the way of the world.

Eddie-Vedder

Either way they are screwed. They will be ripped when Home is released regardless.

Might as well give us something usable in the meantime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

SpruceCaboose

Either way they are screwed. They will be ripped when Home is released regardless.

Agreed.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
[QUOTE="Som3Guy"]

embarrass themselves?

-GhostMLD-

2006 called, it wants ur RROD post back.

You mean 2006-2008 ?

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

-GhostMLD-

ghost your gonna have to step up your game, this guys taken your crown

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

SpruceCaboose

I'm with you o/ Give us Home Beta! I won't complain! Promess!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

-GhostMLD-

Sony has already stated that you never have to use Home and that everything you can do in Home you can do on the XMB.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]. basicly it is a room with a table that has a hologram of the battle happening in that pasific game.nocode81

Hahaha, seriously, what are you, 3?? 3 1/2 years old.

so now you need to be 3 or under not to spell correctly. i don't think 3 year old nows what a hologram is do you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

theycallmeryan

Sony has already stated that you never have to use Home and that everything you can do in Home you can do on the XMB.

I could've swore they said that. Sorry for no link, that was a while ago.