Sony: PS4 Is The Console of Choice For Shooter Fans This Generation

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

What its not the console of choice for? its the console of choice for all genres, Xbone is long forgotten in its little corner.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

PS4 is the only real choice for console gamers this gen. Wii U is dead, Xbox One only has Halo, while PS4 is getting everything, and a biscuit.

GreenGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GreenGamer
Member since 2015 • 58 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Its hard for lems to accept Halo is no longer a top shooter or system seller.

It's the highest rated FPS of the generation on Metacritic and was the biggest Halo launch ever.

So... try again, without the lies?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@greengamer said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's the highest rated FPS of the generation on Metacritic and was the biggest Halo launch ever.

Damn you fell hard for that m$ PR spin about revenue. Maybe you should have read the whole thing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44633 Posts

no Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider (for a year), no Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive, it's missing all the best ones

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

PS4 currently has all of the partnerships giving them DLC first and exclusive content. That's the reason I went with the PS4 versions of Destiny and now BLOPS3. I like the XB1 controller more for shooters, especially the Elite controller, but the extra content and better performance/resolution makes it tough to not go with the PS4 for the console versions of shooters. I went with the Xbox One for BF4 and Hardline and regret it in a way. Those games look and run awful on the Xbox One. Good thing I also have the PC version.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NathanDrakeSwag

@lamprey263 said:

no Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider (for a year), no Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive, it's missing all the best ones

A franchise on its death bed and 3 games nobody cares about.

GreenGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GreenGamer

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@greengamer said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Damn you fell hard for that m$ PR spin about revenue. Maybe you should have read the whole thing.

I'm sure a random Sony fanboy on a forum knows "the truth", but in the real world it was a colossal success.

I notice you ignore the point about it being the HIGHEST RATED FPS OF THE GEN as well ;)

If Sony had such a game, rather than yet another generic, boring Killzone that no one cares about, you'd be trumpeting it from the rooftops.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

You mean it's missing all the ones exclusive to Xbox One. Does that somehow translate to best one?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NathanDrakeSwag

@greengamer said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@greengamer said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I'm sure a random Sony fanboy on a forum knows "the truth", but in the real world it was a colossal success.

I notice you ignore the point about it being the HIGHEST RATED FPS OF THE GEN as well ;)

If Sony had such a game, rather than yet another generic, boring Killzone that no one cares about, you'd be trumpeting it from the rooftops.

Its 1 point lower than Destiny The Taken King and the same score as Battlefield 4. You were saying?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol PS4 is the last place I would go for a good shooter. Id get the WiiU for a good shooter before the PS4. What good shooters are on PS4 again? Killzone? lol no thanks

GreenGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GreenGamer

@NathanDrakeSwag: Using DLC to try beat it? Lol. Grow up. Halo is king, again. Been 15 years and no other FPS has touched it, on consoles anyway, crying and lying won't change that.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NathanDrakeSwag

@greengamer said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Using DLC to try beat it? Lol. Grow up. Halo is king, again. Been 15 years and no other FPS has touched it, on consoles anyway, crying and lying won't change that.

CoD and Destiny took Halo out back and shot it in the head. The numbers of people playing buying and playing those games don't lie compared to the massive decline Halo has seen in both sales and population. Your denial is amusing though.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

lol PS4 is the last place I would go for a good shooter. Id get the WiiU for a good shooter before the PS4. What good shooters are on PS4 again? Killzone? lol no thanks

CoD + Montain Dew + Doritos deals,obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@silversix_: You're right the PS4 is the best place for racing gamers to play, I mean with the awesome driving exclusives such as???

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mems_1224

@i_p_daily said:

@silversix_: You're right the PS4 is the best place for racing gamers to play, I mean with the awesome driving exclusives such as???

5club!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mems_1224: I said awesome, and Driveclub and awesome don't belong in the same sentence.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#69 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

What shooters? The last thing I would associate the PlayStation 4 with is a strong library of shooters, let alone the strongest this generation... Microsoft is shitting all over them in that department...

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

PS4 doesn't have better shooters than Xbox1, it doesn't have better shooters than the fucking WIiU and it SURE AS HELL doesn't have better shooters than PC.

So what the **** is the purpose of this thread?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NyaDC

@skelly34 said:

PS4 doesn't have better shooters than Xbox1, they don't have better shooters than the fucking WIiU and they SURE AS HELL don't have better shooters than PC.

So what the **** is the purpose of this thread?

I'm more concerned with why people at Sony are claiming this when it's so patently untrue, I mean you don't even have to question it being incorrect...

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NathanDrakeSwag

Its cute that lems are trying to pretend all the most popular shooters are not from third parties that all look and run better on PS4. I think Forbes said it best when they called Halo an antique. Its time has passed.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Skelly34
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Its cute that lems are trying to pretend all the most popular shooters are not from third parties that all look and run better on PS4. I think Forbes said it best when they called Halo an antique. Its time has passed.

It's cute that cows are trying to pretend that 3rd party shooters are exclusive to and look best on PS4, when instead they actually look best on PC. I think it's hilarious that every platform except PS4 has at least one decent exclusive shooter in their library. The PS4 is that last place to go for any type of shooting game.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NathanDrakeSwag

@skelly34 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's cute that cows are pretending like 3rd party shooters are exclusive to and look best on PS4, when instead they actually look best on PC. I think it's hilarious that every platform except PS4 has at least one decent exclusive shooter. The PS4 is that last place to go for any type of shooting game.

Its cute that lems like you hide behind PC now because your console is a weak oversized piece of shit that gets the worst version of every single game and m$ can't give the console away to people no matter how cheap it gets or how many free games, controllers and gift cards they throw in.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Skelly34

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@skelly34 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's cute that cows are pretending like 3rd party shooters are exclusive to and look best on PS4, when instead they actually look best on PC. I think it's hilarious that every platform except PS4 has at least one decent exclusive shooter. The PS4 is that last place to go for any type of shooting game.

Its cute that lems like you hide behind PC now because your console is a weak oversized piece of shit that gets the worst version of every single game and m$ can't give the console away to people no matter how cheap it gets or how many free games, controllers and gift cards they throw in.

I'm a lem for calling out blatant lies from greedy corporations and their corporate bitchslaves?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mems_1224

@skelly34 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's cute that cows are trying to pretend that 3rd party shooters are exclusive to and look best on PS4, when instead they actually look best on PC. I think it's hilarious that every platform except PS4 has at least one decent exclusive shooter in their library. The PS4 is that last place to go for any type of shooting game.

hahahaha fucking rekt. even the wiiu has a good shooter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

#Forthegamers

what is this ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Its hard for lems to accept Halo is no longer a top shooter or system seller. CoD, Battlefront/Battlefield, and Destiny are what most shooter fans play and PS4 runs all multiplats better so of course shooter fans will choose PS4.

There's probably a whole bunch of things you find hard to accept too.

There's one flaw in your statement.....People don't play halo because it's what most shooter fans play....They play it because they like it. Who cares what most shooter fans play...you ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@Zen_Light said:

PS4 is the only real choice for console gamers this gen. Wii U is dead, Xbox One only has Halo, while PS4 is getting everything, and a biscuit.

*buys PS4*

* eats biscuit*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@skelly34 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Calm down..

Both of you are hiding behind something..

In the end it doesn't matter...

Because PS4 doesn't have Halo 5.... regardless if you like it or not.. It's a decent game... And it's exclusive to the Xbox One.

PS4 doesn't have an exclusive shooter like that... I can't see how the PR manager can say that when MS just released their exclusive shooter.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Well the Sony PR department said it's true, so obviously it's true.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Clearly the XBO is the console for shooter, anything is a lie

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

shooter fans doesnt mean Halo fans guy :/

anyway I hope that wont be the trend in pushing first person shooters, like last generation. My FPS fatigue is real :(, Bring back platformers or something

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By NyaDC

@thedork_knight said:

Clearly the XBO is the console for shooter, anything is a lie

It has as many shooters on a single disc that the entirety of the mainstream PlayStation 4 library has...

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@acp_45 said:
@Shewgenja said:

#Forthegamers

what is this ?

I think it's more #letmesuckYoshidascock

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#88 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Uh, what do you think of Matterfall?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@anthonyautumns: I just love making a tongue-in-cheek post that illicited butt hurt. Everyone knows I play FPS on PC. Jokes on you lol

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Killzone ShadowFlop hahahahaha

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Its hard for lems to accept Halo is no longer a top shooter or system seller. CoD, Battlefront/Battlefield, and Destiny are what most shooter fans play and PS4 runs all multiplats better so of course shooter fans will choose PS4.

Not all multiplats.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

Lol, The Bore be da dudebro console hahahaha. :P

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#94  Edited By Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

What does PS4 offer shooter fan's Killzone SF, it doesn't even offer racing fans anything Driveclub LOL

X1 got FPS & Racer fans covered Halo MCC, Halo 5, Titanfall, Forza 5, Forza 6 & Forza Horizon 2

PS4 is catered more to Weeaboo gamers

Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5, Tales of Zesteria

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#95 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Can't take shooters seriously on consoles.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Xbox One basically has the same shooters plus Halo 5 and one of the best shooters (Titanfall). If Sony had some first party offerings like socom/mag and some more pc/ps4 exclusives this might hold some weight.