sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@tjandmia: Please explain how you think psnow rivals Gamepass.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

All the cow morons will praise this new service to the heavens, while continuing to complain about Gamepass, even though they all subscribe to Gamepass and will continue to, while not subscribing to Sony's new service, even though they will continually damage control how much better Sony's new service supposedly is.

Even if you put ten cows together, it would still be lucky to form half a brain.

Mention Gamepass and cows start having a meltdown. Throw in how Forza has destroyed their system, with Halo about to bring more pain than it already has, cows got nothing to live for. They all are suffering severe buyers remorse and only have Gamepass games to keep them from losing it completely.

Uncle Phil laughs at your cow tears, he bathes in them daily you sad pathetic group of pretend gamers.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

^ lots of anger there.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Lol this thread.

Cows being hypocrites. And also comparing psnow to GP. Lmfao.

Cows really are the laughingstock of the gaming world. Buncha clowns.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#55 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

Good for Sony I guess. I’m not going to judge Sony just yet,not enough info on this new subscription. Still going to be tough to compete with GamePass I’d think?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69821 Posts

@Chutebox said:

^ lots of anger there.

Sony fannies has hurt him. 😂

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

It it works and the BC library is good for ps1 ps2 and psp games I might try it.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

What's the point? Cows don't want PSNow and they don't like renting games.

Wait, Sony are sending out mixed messages. I thought it was about $70 games and that "Gamepass wasn't sustainable".

And offering a three tier system seems like a really bad idea.

Ah oh, teh cows software sales arguments about to go up in smoke.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Random_Matt said:

Oh well, their goes Sony's quality stamp. Eventually they will do the same as MS and release day one, equalling more quality instead. Probably throw in some micro transactions to make up the potential losses, consoles have turned to complete shit.

Doesn't hold up. First, MS games have started scoring higher than ever since MS stopped rushing development. Second what micro-transactions have they forced because of Gamepass?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HalcyonScarlet

@sealionact said:

Especially on the PC. PSNow is an abomination on the PC.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7206 Posts

@Pedro: what's the difference? Just because one was streaming and other was download. There both a paid subscription to play games you don't have on your console. It all started on pc and yet Xbox gets the credit. Its all coming from servers.

I will still buy 70 dollar games that I want and I use ps now on games I'm not spending 70 or 50 on them until they either go to 20 bucks or ps now. I do the same if I had a Xbox.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@gifford38: What’s the difference? Nobody liked psnow because it was streaming. That’s why less than 2% subscribe. Gamepass is downloads. About 30% subscribe. Psnow doesn’t have a single ps5 game on offer. Gamepass offers all 1st party games day one. Psnow is shocking on pc. Gamepass is streets better on pc.

Silly question really.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro  Online

@gifford38 said:

@Pedro: what's the difference? Just because one was streaming and other was download. There both a paid subscription to play games you don't have on your console. It all started on pc and yet Xbox gets the credit. Its all coming from servers.

I will still buy 70 dollar games that I want and I use ps now on games I'm not spending 70 or 50 on them until they either go to 20 bucks or ps now. I do the same if I had a Xbox.

The difference is huge. You are trying to argue that game streaming is equal to digital versions of games that run natively on your hardware? Don't be ridiculous. Soon you will say that Gamefly, PSnow and Gamepass are the same thing.

I don't care how you waste your money. 🤷🏽‍♀️

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sealionact said:

The selection of games. I predict gamepass will overtake psnow even more in quality titles once bethesda and the new crop of developers start releasing first party content.

Please remember that I wrote only that psnow rivals gamepass, not that it is better. I believe gamepass is the better service right now.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HalcyonScarlet

@tjandmia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sealionact said:

The selection of games. I predict gamepass will overtake psnow even more in quality titles once bethesda and the new crop of developers start releasing first party content.

Please remember that I wrote only that psnow rivals gamepass, not that it is better. I believe gamepass is the better service right now.

I was just pointing out how bad the PC version of PSNow is.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17449 Posts

Surely they won't be adding $70 bangers?

That wouldn't be sustainable and would be bad for devs...

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Subscription services are bad for the industry.

Only way I would buy into this is if it's retro PS1/PS2/PS3 games, like the NES and SNES apps, at a reasonable price.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@jasonofa36: Who's exactly being a hypocrite? Please cite names and the post please.

As for this...I don't have ps Now, I don't have Gamepass, and whatever this new service is I won't have it either.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Does anyone see Sony honestly releasing their top tier games as day one releases for this service? It'd be awesome if they did, but I just don't see them doing so.

No, Sony has always viewed themselves as the "premium" option in terms of video games. I don't see them putting their 70-dollar games on this service.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#70 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I look forward to seeing what they bring to the table. If it offers good content at a reasonable price, I'll dive in.

If it's PS now, but... "Better"? I'll pass.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tjandmia

@mysticaldonut said:

Subscription services are bad for the industry.

Only way I would buy into this is if it's retro PS1/PS2/PS3 games, like the NES and SNES apps, at a reasonable price.

It seems to be the future. I don't think we're going to be able to get away from them.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11155 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

All the cow morons will praise this new service to the heavens, while continuing to complain about Gamepass, even though they all subscribe to Gamepass and will continue to, while not subscribing to Sony's new service, even though they will continually damage control how much better Sony's new service supposedly is.

Even if you put ten cows together, it would still be lucky to form half a brain.

Mention Gamepass and cows start having a meltdown. Throw in how Forza has destroyed their system, with Halo about to bring more pain than it already has, cows got nothing to live for. They all are suffering severe buyers remorse and only have Gamepass games to keep them from losing it completely.

Uncle Phil laughs at your cow tears, he bathes in them daily you sad pathetic group of pretend gamers.

Jesus CHRIST that's a lot of tears. I thought Xbots were all about options. Seems like they're all against this now. 🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HalcyonScarlet

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@hitmanactual said:

Jesus CHRIST that's a lot of tears. I thought Xbots were all about options. Seems like they're all against this now. 🤣

"Xbots" are about options, but cows aren't. All over the internet on twitter, youtube... Here etc. They've been talking shit about Gamepass endlessly.

Plus, cows are usually so concerned with how much profit the companies are making and Sony did say it's not sustainable.

I'll give the cows some credit. They've backed it up by largely not supporting PSNow, I wonder if that'll continue with this new product.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Hmm, seems less a direct Game Pass competitor than a toe-dipping supplementary service, at least for now. The key difference is they're not planning to have day-one launches for blockbusters, which would be crucial to pursuing the same scaling and content breadth Game Pass is going for.

All in all, willing but cautious from Sony, as I expected.

They are willing but they don't have the capital to burn like MS does which is required to scale subscription services.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2143 Posts

Including PSnow with PS+ is a no brainer.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

No day one first party? Try again.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: let's pretend this service won't be more popular if they add the majority of PS1 thru PS3 games downloadable. No amount of Bethesda games can combat those 3 libraries being accessible. As for day one games, I prefer those stay off the service so that quality can be sustained. Devs deserve their profit not only for their hard work but so they can make better sequels.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

You can see how Sony gets away with lying too and milking cows,they aren't the brightest are they,PS now and gamepass the same???

You missed a trick Sony,you should have charged scalper prices for the 1080playstation 5,they would have paid without question 🤣

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Sagemode87: quality is effected by games being on a service day one? How do you figure that? I thought sony ponies didn't buy new hardware to play old games?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16566 Posts

Any kind of competition from Sony, has to have a tier to play the games on PC. They did mention entering the space, but will they really do it? If so, that's a great thing for gamers. I'm looking forward to sonys subscription service.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@tjandmia: lmfao. Anyone who says psnow is better than gamepass is a straight up cow. It's not surprising, the delusional cows have to say nonsense like this to make up for the fact their console is only 9tflop.

12 > 9

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2947 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Nah, I think you are right. Sony can't match the day one service which Gamepass offers. Sony is too much in love with 70 USD games.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2947 Posts

@sealionact: As a owner of both PlayStation and Xbox I am not really interested. I had rather have Gamepass on Xbox and then buy the Playstation exclusives. No need to subscribe twice to be able to play third party games twice on both consoles.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4864 Posts

This is great for the industry. Sony could possibly make it cheaper but I doubt it, considering they are using MS's Azure servers for PS Now. It really doesn't matter who they use, it's likely going to be more expensive than a company who owns are global cloud network.

IMO, the prices are going to be close to each other. The difference is going to be in the features. I have more faith that MS is going to create enticing software experiences over the long haul though. This was their goal 5-6 years ago, whereas Sony has reluctantly gotten pulled into this.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

👏 put 👏 on 👏 pc 👏 or 👏 I don't 👏 care 👏

👏 cross-save 👏

no way I'm going to sub to a service that is only available on a console

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@ghost_of_phobos: let's pretend this service won't be more popular if they add the majority of PS1 thru PS3 games downloadable. No amount of Bethesda games can combat those 3 libraries being accessible. As for day one games, I prefer those stay off the service so that quality can be sustained. Devs deserve their profit not only for their hard work but so they can make better sequels.

Not gonna happen. If the chimps at Sony's engineering team couldn't design a PS1 emulator themselves and had to copy an already free and open source community emulator. No in hell could they design a PS3 emulator running on PS5. They are the same idiots who also couldn't have back compat on PS5 with PS4/Pro and Pro with PS4. They had to ask AMD to built in the HW.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BenjaminBanklin

So if PSNow and PS+ are merged.... that means the numbers are gonna be WAY higher than Game Pass could ever dream of. I wonder what dubious metric MS would have to resort to now. 😂

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

So if PSNow and PS+ are merged.... that means the numbers are gonna be WAY higher than Game Pass could ever dream of. I wonder what dubious metric MS would have to resort to now. 😂

Ponies not realizing that they're saying the quiet part out loud. 😂

The real reason Sony is "merging" their service with PS Plus, is so they can cook er...."blend" their numbers and make PS+ subscribers look like PSNow subscribers. To make their service look less abysmal by comparison. This is all being done for accounting purposes.

Its like literally everything this company does is lie lol. To their fans, to their consumers, to their shareholders (not legally), etc......Lying Jim strikes again.

On topic, I've always said, Cows will like GamePass when they are told to like GamePass.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blaznwiipspman1

@Ghost120x: uhh no, why would they give away the entire ps1, ps2 titles for free? Even Microsoft only has a couple xbox 360 games in the gp library. And like 5 og xbox games. If you want to go that route then the only option is emulation.

Also, not even sony will bother to put out ps3 games in mass. I heard the supposed cell technology they used is continuing to screw them over. Aside from the biggest ps3 games, they don't even support backward compatibility for it.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@BenjaminBanklin: nope, even thar metric would fall short of gamepass subs. Half of the users are probably on the PC side, many of them closet cows.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tjandmia

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@tjandmia: lmfao. Anyone who says psnow is better than gamepass is a straight up cow. It's not surprising, the delusional cows have to say nonsense like this to make up for the fact their console is only 9tflop.

12 > 9

Yup. I haven't seen anyone say it yet though.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BenjaminBanklin

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: nope, even thar metric would fall short of gamepass subs. Half of the users are probably on the PC side, many of them closet cows.

PS+ is at 46 million, GP was 18 at last count. It's gonna be ugly. 😁 Uglier if Sony goes all in on unifying PS and PC.

@StrongDeadlift said:

The real reason Sony is "merging" their service with PS Plus, is so they can cook er...."blend" their numbers and make PS+ subscribers look like PSNow subscribers. To make their service look less abysmal by comparison. This is all being done for accounting purposes.

Its like literally everything this company does is lie lol. To their fans, to their consumers, to their shareholders (not legally), etc......Lying Jim strikes again.

On topic, I've always said, Cows will like GamePass when they are told to like GamePass.

There's real pain in this post. So it was okay for MS to constantly deceive shareholders on sales of Xbox consoles and games for years? LOL! And they still aren't upfront on Xbox being profitable. Xbots always run with third party guesstimates on how Xbox is doing... and none of it is true. Nintendo and Sony give real numbers while MS was hiding behind behind worthless metrics like zombies killed and MAUs. Not to mention MS had the biggest lie of last gen with Crackdown 3's multiplayer.

Now that PSNow and PS+ are merging, what will Xbox boast now? How big Phil Spencer's feet are? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blaznwiipspman1

@BenjaminBanklin: why the heck would you count ps plus with ps now and compare that to gamepass. Xbox one was a flop sales wise, but it still had 41 million units sold and most of them had xbox live. Are you going to add 41 million plus 20 million gamepass subs for a total of 60 million? If we go back to the xbox 360 which sold 80 million units and add those xbox gold accounts to the 20 million gp then you have 100 million. Btw, the only reason ps3 scraped by the xbox 360 was because of Japan which supported sony big time, and absolutely shat on the 360. Things are changing now though. I hear the series S is a big hit over there and nobody gives a shit about the ps5. How turned have the tables?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BenjaminBanklin

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: why the heck would you count ps plus with ps now and compare that to gamepass. Xbox one was a flop sales wise, but it still had 41 million units sold and most of them had xbox live. Are you going to add 41 million plus 20 million gamepass subs for a total of 60 million? If we go back to the xbox 360 which sold 80 million units and add those xbox gold accounts to the 20 million gp then you have 100 million. Btw, the only reason ps3 scraped by the xbox 360 was because of Japan which supported sony big time, and absolutely shat on the 360. Things are changing now though. I hear the series S is a big hit over there and nobody gives a shit about the ps5. How turned have the tables?

Because it's comparable? Game Pass wasn't built from the ground up. It's built with Xbox Live conversions as well, so how else should Sony count it when it's going to be all-in-one now? it's gonna be fatter and healthier now that both service tiers have more value now. It's like the Switch. Nintendo handhelds and consoles are worse apart, but a force to be reckoned with when merged together.

Also, what are all these bizarre figures you're coming up with? Sony is still soundly ahead of Xbox in every market. Also, didn't Xbox sales in Japan crater last week, per usual? Once the Christmas rush is over, all the expatriates will go back to ignoring it I guess.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5995 Posts

Its only going to launch with PS4 games according to article

No evidence it will have games at launch

No evidence it will be on PC

Will fail hard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39244 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Its only going to launch with PS4 games according to article

No evidence it will have games at launch

No evidence it will be on PC

Will fail hard.

You and your fanboy talk yet again.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

https://www.androidcentral.com › so...

Sony's Jim Ryan says PS5 will not put "$100 million" games on subscription ...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

PS+ is at 46 million, GP was 18 at last count. It's gonna be ugly. 😁 Uglier if Sony goes all in on unifying PS and PC.

@StrongDeadlift said:

There's real pain in this post. So it was okay for MS to constantly deceive shareholders on sales of Xbox consoles and games for years? LOL! And they still aren't upfront on Xbox being profitable. Xbots always run with third party guesstimates on how Xbox is doing... and none of it is true. Nintendo and Sony give real numbers while MS was hiding behind behind worthless metrics like zombies killed and MAUs. Not to mention MS had the biggest lie of last gen with Crackdown 3's multiplayer.

Now that PSNow and PS+ are merging, what will Xbox boast now? How big Phil Spencer's feet are? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Translation

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 blaznwiipspman1

@BenjaminBanklin: well what does it matter I hear even though Japan buys the ps5, nobody actually buys the games. That market belongs to the switch. Sony probably shitting their pants over the xbox growth and how big a factor gamepass is. Now they're making their own token effort to stem the tide before the series S completely runs them over. Poor pony tried a lame effort with psnow, minimal effort as possible but people weren't buying it. Sadly I got conned into buying it thinking it was half as good as gp. Lets see how the new service measures up.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blaznwiipspman1

@Pedro: exactly...the two things on cows minds are gp, and 12 tflop > 9 tflop