Sony patent tells of Sixxaxis + PSP connection.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Sorry if old.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/27/sony-patent-shows-the-sixaxis-getting-friendly-with-a-psp/

This is pretty cool. You won't be able to play PSP with the 2nd analog but this might help bridge some PSN downloadable games to the PSP. Stuff like Super Stardust HD as an example.

This sounds pretty cool and since the Sixxaxis functions off its own battery, it doesn't need to worry about more power consumption.

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Hmm, well at least it would fix the controls. Looks a bit odd though and you wouldn't be taking it in you pocket anywhere. Though I would suspect that more and more Sony is making the PSP a play-at-home handheld. What with the being able to plug the new one into a TV and all.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid and can't read.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I expect that both Nintendo and Sony are going to be using thier handhelds to help push sales. Which is going to be able to bring in a number of game play options that M$ will not have. Unless you can use the Zoom for something.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Zune?

Actually, this might work for playing any game on the PS3 portably. Remote play allows you to wirelessly see anything on the PS3, might as well transfer control input from the Sixxaxis. It could well be your mini screen for portable play anywhere.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

Zune?

Actually, this might work for playing any game on the PS3 portably. Remote play allows you to wirelessly see anything on the PS3, might as well transfer control input from the Sixxaxis. It could well be your mini screen for portable play anywhere.

NobuoMusicMaker

And by anywhere I take it you mean within 10 meters of your PS3 >_>

laez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 laez
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

Zune?

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

... No, you can remote in to a PS3 from anywhere that has WiFi... I have done it with my PSP so I KNOW it works.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
I believe I recall another platform that had an alternate control system and a peripheral that you plugged in to play other games. Oh right, the Genesis. And we all know how that turned out: killing itself by trying to extend its very lifespan.
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"][QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

Zune?

laez

... No, you can remote in to a PS3 from anywhere that has WiFi... I have done it with my PSP so I KNOW it works.

If you actually played like that, you would need QUITE the internet connection...

Honestly, try and realize the quantity of data streaming there would have to be...

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Zune?

NobuoMusicMaker

Thats just the silliest thing I have read in a while. Maybe, maybe, but not likely, it could work for PS Network games. Definately for nothing else.