Sony more focused on the casual mainstream gamers

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Sony more focused on the casual mainstream gamers (66 votes)

Yes 50%
No 50%

http://youtu.be/ATaocX9JhcI

• 
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

*remembers E3 2015*

[The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake (all cult fan requested games) and Horizon non-FPS or 3rd person shooter adventure RPG

Some COD BS, Battlefront and Batman]

No, I'd say their spread out pretty even giving all gamers what they want, this year they also delivered Bloodbonre to great reception.

If anything, they are firing on all cylinders.

Thank you Sony, we are all humbled!

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Nope, keep trying lem.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Grow up.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

LOL you poor fool.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

You need games to focus on a group. Right now Sony is just pissing in the wind.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

No.

Has a market leader, it was only natural for sony to start sucking the big 3's dicks, but they actually invest in other cool stuff. In funny contrast, they've allows GG to make a brand new Ip in 10 years and it looks good and interesting. yeah, yeah, 3rd person action adventure rpg thing, but robot dinos are cool and different.

Plus, there's small projects like Wild, RIME, etc. I just hope to see new games liek those this year.

@kinectthedots said:

*remembers E3 2015*

[The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake (all cult fan requested games) and Horizon non-FPS or 3rd person shooter adventure RPG

TLG is an old game and Euda isn't even at Sony anymore. And Shenmue 3 and FF7R aren't their projects. They didn't even want to actually fund S3, instead being ok with BS PR that pretend it's their exclusive, like Sony does so often.

But apparently they can spend that kind of money on COD, Destiny, AC,BF, Disney deals with EA, Activision and Ubisoft

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No written OP? Meh.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

@SolidTy: I was going to write a big paragraph about it, but I feel that YouTube video really nails my point home

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@shibua said:

@SolidTy: I was going to write a big paragraph about it, but I feel that YouTube video really nails my point home

On mobiles it's hard to get that video streaming and invest time on a video, but best of luck to ya.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You need games to focus on a group. Right now Sony is just pissing in the wind.

If I recall correctly doesn't the PS4 have more games listed than the Xbox One? Doesn't that kind of make you look foolish?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kinectthedots

@davem1992 said:

Nope, keep trying lem.

we are all humbled by Sony's dedication to please every demographic with the current 8th gen leader.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

No, Sony is focused on making money. They know people like Call of Duty, Destiny, and have been clamoring for a Final Fantasy 7 remaster/HD Remake/ Please please Sony give us anything based around FF7 for the last few years. So right now just for this gen Sony is like Marvel Studios for the movie industry they currently will print money by just simply giving it's consumers the bare minimums. Granted Marvel Studios is taking more risks than Sony in the new ideas department (This comes in the form of lesser know heroes getting a movie. Can't wait for Dr. Strange and Black Panther to get their own movies next year I believe. YAY!?!?!)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9860 Posts

No they are focused on gaming as an artform, diversity, creativity, excellence, polish, unparalleled quality.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:

No.

Has a market leader, it was only natural for sony to start sucking the big 3's dicks, but they actually invest in other cool stuff. In funny contrast, they've allows GG to make a brand new Ip in 10 years and it looks good and interesting. yeah, yeah, 3rd person action adventure rpg thing, but robot dinos are cool and different.

Plus, there's small projects like Wild, RIME, etc. I just hope to see new games liek those this year.

@kinectthedots said:

*remembers E3 2015*

TLG is an old game and Euda isn't even at Sony anymore. And Shenmue 3 and FF7R aren't their projects. They didn't even want to actually fund S3, instead being ok with BS PR that pretend it's their exclusive, like Sony does so often.

But apparently they can spend that kind of money on COD, Destiny, AC,BF, Disney deals with EA, Activision and Ubisoft

So, helping to revive old non-mainstream projects, helping to fund new ones and being the driving force to make cult games happen that might otherwise never appear?

Yeah, all you did was reinforce my point, their efforts can not be questioned.

Sony hitting on all cylinders, no one can dispute. Drop to your knees and be humbled.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Sushiglutton said:

No they are focused on gaming as an artform, diversity, creativity, excellence, polish, unparalleled quality.

Indeed:

http://www.betterpsn.com/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886

Nothing but the best. Thank you Sony

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEadliNE-Zero0

@kinectthedots said:

So, helping to revive old non-mainstream projects, helping to fund new ones and being the driving force to make cult games happen that might otherwise never appear?

Sony hitting on all cylinders, no one can dispute. Drop to your knees and be humbled.

except that's not what they're doing with Shenmue 3 and FF7. You know, the games you quoted. Now spending money exclusive DLC for cod and destiny. yeah, definitelly

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9860 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Indeed:

Sometimes falling is part of the artistic process. But their trusted Dog will always get them up on their feet again ;)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Indeed:

It's true that Sony gives developers the opportunities to make the games that are in their hearts. Not all of them trun out good but by golly Sony supports their efforts and vision anyway.

That is all apart of the Sony live love learn philosophy, and the way the 8th gen console leader keeps developers flocking to their studios with creative and non mainstream games for all gamers. Thank you Sony!

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

@kinectthedots: FF7 & Shenmue 3 have the same development time as the last Gaurdian

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Sony isn't focused on casual. You have no proof t back up your claim which makes this a dumb thread.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

of course they are, they're the most casual console this gen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Indeed:

The Order, though it may be a poor game, is still one more big budget game that Sony has exclusive than Microsoft has YET to come out this year.

So, what are you trying to say, Deadline? Microsoft gets points for not trying? It's very hard to compete with the level of fanboyism that says "Thanks for not making games."

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:
@kinectthedots said:

except that's not what they're doing with Shenmue 3 and FF7. You know, the games you quoted. Now spending money exclusive DLC for cod and destiny. yeah, definitelly

So The last Guardian isn't an old non-mainstream project that Sony revived? So Sony isn't helping to fund Shenmue 3? So Sony isn't helping to fund Street Fighter V?

lol seems you are in denial or like to deal in a lot of misinformation on the subject of Sony's efforts but the facts still stand above all and by golly denial of the truth won't change that. It is as I have said, and Sony's efforts can clearly be seen.

No matter if you have a hate filled agenda determined to downplay or tear down what Sony has done with smear tactics, they will still cater to their fans going the extra mile to create the best experiences in gaming because they go by the Live, Love, Learn philosophy and industry as well as the people who love gaming applaud them.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

*remembers E3 2015*

No, I'd say their spread out pretty even giving all gamers what they want, this year they also delivered Bloodbonre to great reception.

If anything, they are firing on all cylinders.

Thank you Sony, we are all humbled!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DEadliNE-Zero0

@kinectthedots said:

So Sony isn't helping to fund Shenmue 3?

No? I just told you that.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Shewgenja said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Indeed:

The Order, though it may be a poor game, is still one more big budget game that Sony has exclusive than Microsoft has YET to come out this year.

So, what are you trying to say, Deadline? Microsoft gets points for not trying? It's very hard to compete with the level of fanboyism that says "Thanks for not making games."

"So, what are you trying to say, Deadline?"

Making a joke?

I should ask you what's with the MS stuff since i never meantioned them. You should stop deafaulting to MS everything someone make s a joke about Sony.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

No, they're pretty decently spread out. It's just that you hear about their casual mainstream games like Uncharted and God of War the most because they're mainstream.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Nah, their games that they decided to showcase at e3 shows they arent really catering just to the mainstream casual player

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

all consoles are... what is your point exactly, DC'ing again? i can't tell...

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

we are all humbled by Sony's dedication to please every demographic with the current 8th gen leader.

I removed all the casual games from that list.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Not really. Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Tearaway Unfolded, Street Fighter V aren't exactly mainstream juggernauts. They just need more exclusives in the pipeline.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Absolutely. In fact both Xbox and Playstation are more focused on casual market since last gen. But Sony is more into linear roller coaster rides.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@skelly34: You removed far too many.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kinectthedots

@deadline-zero0 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Facts and truth prevail in the face of underhanded lies and misinformation. Before desperately denying every admirable effort Sony is acknowledged for you should start checking your facts.

Shenmue 3's development is also being funded by Sony

The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter blew past its $2 million goal in less than 24 hours, ....That's impressive by any measure. But how, you may wonder, can a proper Shenmue game be built on a $2 million budget? After all, creator Yu Suzuki told Destructoid in 2011 that the original Shenmue cost $47 million to make, and that was 16 years ago.

The answer really isn't all that surprising: Sony is footing most of the bill.

http://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3s-development-is-being-funded-mainly-by-sony/

A valiant effort on your part to spread information you picked up from MS fanboys that want to convince people it's the truth, but Sony's Live, Love, Learn philosophy beacons me to step in and deliver accurate information to not confuse the people.

"...Sony is footing most of the bill..."

We are all humbled

Annnnd.......I think we are done here. :)

Perhaps it was never your desire for people to know the truth, but because you insisted I felt the need to deliver the truth and by golly, that is what I did.

You are welcome, be well, Sony forgives you, now go forth and spared lies no more.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Hyundai offers more car models than Ferrari too. Doesn't mean Hyundai is better.

When I say no games I mean no good ones. The PS4 would be in trouble if Boodborne didn't come along at the right time. Now that the novelty has worn off of that game, Sony is sinking back into dark times.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skelly34

@kinectthedots said:
@deadline-zero0 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Facts and truth prevail in the face of underhanded lies and misinformation. Before desperately denying every admirable effort Sony is acknowledged for you should start checking your fact.

The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter blew past its $2 million goal in less than 24 hours, ....That's impressive by any measure. But how, you may wonder, can a proper Shenmue game be built on a $2 million budget? After all, creator Yu Suzuki told Destructoid in 2011 that the original Shenmue cost $47 million to make, and that was 16 years ago.

A valiant effort on your part to spread information you picked up from MS fanboys that want to convince people it's the truth, but Sony's Live, Love, Learn philosophy beacons me to step in and deliver accurate information to not confuse the people.

We are all humbled

Annnnd.......I think we are done here.

Perhaps it was never your desire for people to know the truth, but because you insisted I was forced to deliver the truth to end all confusion.

You are welcome, be well, Sony forgives you, now go forth and spared lies no more.

If you read the comments you'd realize how everyone was calling bullshit and giving links to other articles that prove otherwise.

Edit:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/24/shenmue-iii-yu-suzuki-clarifies-the-games-funding-situation-and-relationship-with-sony/

Yu Suzuki has a "partnership" with Sony, but Sony is only handling the PS4 version of the product and really isn't "funding" Shenmue at all.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#37 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

No, Sony is leading the way as gen 8 leader with world class exclusive gaming experiences.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#38 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

No, good luck next gen.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DEadliNE-Zero0

@kinectthedots: Yeah, no

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-3-creator-says-sony-wont-see-a-cent-of-kic/1100-6428436/

Has i said, Sony wanted the PR and got it. But in reality, they don't have the balls to actually support Shenmue 3 and it's development.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kinectthedots

@skelly34 said:
@kinectthedots said:
@deadline-zero0 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Facts and truth prevail in the face of underhanded lies and misinformation. Before desperately denying every admirable effort Sony is acknowledged for you should start checking your fact.

We are all humbled

Annnnd.......I think we are done here.

Perhaps it was never your desire for people to know the truth, but because you insisted I was forced to deliver the truth to end all confusion.

If you read the comments you'd realize how everyone was calling bullshit and giving links to other articles that prove otherwise.

You and a band of merry elves and call whatever you want but the man, Yu Suzuki, is on record saying Sony is helping with development. Bring as many links with as much spin as you can dish out but nothing is going to override that.

I am afraid Yu Suzuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> System Wars insiders.

Once again truth prevails over misinformation. :)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@kinectthedots: Yeah, no

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-3-creator-says-sony-wont-see-a-cent-of-kic/1100-6428436/

Has i said, Sony wanted the PR and got it. But in reality, they don't have the balls to actually support Shenmue 3 and it's development.

Uh , the article is talking that Sony won' get the money from the Kickstarter.

"According to Suzuki, Sony will provide assistance on production, marketing and publishing."

I think you need to read the article first , thats a direct quote from it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

regardless of how you define "casual" Sony still has the best approach.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DEadliNE-Zero0
@Ant_17 said:

"According to Suzuki, Sony will provide assistance on production, marketing and publishing."

Which is what i was talking about. Sony isn't funding and helping make S3. They're only giving the money for marketing and distribution.

Sony, and MS, and Nintendo, all provide assistance with 3rd party exclusives, like BB, Scalebound, Bayonetta 2, etc. In these cases, they also pay for the full game's development and, usually, gain control of the IP. All of the game's budget comes from the console manufacturer.

In Shenmue 3 case, the budget will come from the KS and Paypal.

Infact, Sony themselves admited that Suzuki had gained permission to use the IP from SEGA, and was planning on launching his KS. They heard of it, and wanted the PR. So it was never they where never even trying to bring S3 back anyway.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/18/shuhei-yoshida-says-shenmue-3-kickstarter-was-segas-idea/

Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida explained that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter was a deal worked out between series creator Yu Suzuki and Sega, who holds the rights. When Sony got wind of the project, it decided to boost the campaign at E3 for a very simple reason: “That’s great PR.”

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

Their first party is almost all casual and has been since the PS2, but not always mainstream, but that's okay because they work with third parties to bring the real games.

At least they aren't Microsoft who went into the generation with virtually nothing and are only just starting to announce games with hardly any gameplay to speak of.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

"So, what are you trying to say, Deadline?"

Making a joke?

I should ask you what's with the MS stuff since i never meantioned them. You should stop deafaulting to MS everything someone make s a joke about Sony.

Okay, fair enough then.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

depends what you mean by casual? i think a lot of ppl have different definitions

i think all are equal right now. no one system sticks out in particular for being casual

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ant_17

@deadline-zero0 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Which is what i was talking about. Sony isn't funding and helping make S3. They're only giving the money for marketing and distribution.

Sony, and MS, and Nintendo, all provide assistance with 3rd party exclusives, like BB, Scalebound, Bayonetta 2, etc. In these cases, they also pay for the full game's development and, usually, gain control of the IP. All of the game's budget comes from the console manufacturer.

Infact, Sony themselves admited that Suzuki had gained permission to use the IP from SEGA, and was planning on launching his KS. They heard of it, and wanted the PR. So it was never they where never even trying to bring S3 back anyway.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/18/shuhei-yoshida-says-shenmue-3-kickstarter-was-segas-idea/

Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida explained that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter was a deal worked out between series creator Yu Suzuki and Sega, who holds the rights. When Sony got wind of the project, it decided to boost the campaign at E3 for a very simple reason: “That’s great PR.”

OK , i guess you think that it's a bad thing telling fans of the series that there is a kickstarter.

And what about the "assistance on production" in my qoute?

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Skelly34

@Ant_17 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:
@Ant_17 said:

OK , i guess you think that it's a bad thing telling fans of the series that there is a kickstarter.

And what about the "assistance on production" in my qoute?

The PS4 version. Keep in mind this has to do with SEGA and Yu Suzuki more than anything.

"Sony isn't backing them in the way you think, that's why. Sony isn't supporting the actual development of this game. They are doing all the support for getting the base (PC) game onto the PS4 for Ys Net, covering the costs of doing so (as well as marketing the PS4 version). In exchange they get console exclusivity.

Sony aren't backing the actual development of the core (PC) game on which the PS4 version will depend upon. If the Kickstarter had failed the core (PC) game would have gone poof, and any PS4 version of the game would have gone right along with it.

The Kickstarter wasn't set up to gauge interest, but fund development of the core (PC) game.The"gauging interest" story is however, half-true, half-runaway misconception. The Kickstarter was never set into motion to gauge interest and it has nothing to do with Sony (it would have happened with or without them).

However Sony caught wind of Shenmue III and wanted to bag themselves an exclusivity deal. To get the hire ups to agree to giving Suzuki support funding for realising the PS4 version in exchange for exclusivity (which is totally separate from core development funding, in which Sony has no part) they needed to convince the higher-ups internally that there was enough interest in the game to make it worth funding PS4 support/markerting.

And since Suzuki was going to do the Kickstarter anyway to gather development funds they figured why not watch the Kickstarter as a gauge for interest? In other words, yes Sony did use the Kickstarter to gauge interest, but that wasn't the purpose of the Kickstarter itself (the major issue of contention here).

Simply put: If Sony had no involvement in this affair at all the only two things would change:

i) Shenmue III's Kickstarter would have had a quieter announcement

ii) Shenmue III would be only on PC at release

Sony's involvement has basically ensured a PS4 version of the game at no extra cost to Ys Net (although, increasingly I feel, perhaps at great cost to the project and the perception people have of it)."

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ant_17

@skelly34 said:

The PS4 version.

"Sony isn't backing them in the way you think, that's why. Sony isn't supporting the actual development of this game. They are doing all the support for getting the base (PC) game onto the PS4 for Ys Net, covering the costs of doing so (as well as marketing the PS4 version). In exchange they get console exclusivity.

Sony aren't backing the actual development of the core (PC) game on which the PS4 version will depend upon. If the Kickstarter had failed the core (PC) game would have gone poof, and any PS4 version of the game would have gone right along with it.

The Kickstarter wasn't set up to gauge interest, but fund development of the core (PC) game.The"gauging interest" story is however, half-true, half-runaway misconception. The Kickstarter was never set into motion to gauge interest and it has nothing to do with Sony (it would have happened with or without them).

However Sony caught wind of Shenmue III and wanted to bag themselves an exclusivity deal. To get the hire ups to agree to giving Suzuki support funding for realising the PS4 version in exchange for exclusivity (which is totally separate from core development funding, in which Sony has no part) they needed to convince the higher-ups internally that there was enough interest in the game to make it worth funding PS4 support/markerting.

And since Suzuki was going to do the Kickstarter anyway to gather development funds they figured why not watch the Kickstarter as a gauge for interest? In other words, yes Sony did use the Kickstarter to gauge interest, but that wasn't the purpose of the Kickstarter itself (the major issue of contention here).

Simply put: If Sony had no involvement in this affair at all the only two things would change:

i) Shenmue III's Kickstarter would have had a quieter announcement

ii) Shenmue III would be only on PC at release

Sony's involvement has basically ensured a PS4 version of the game at no extra cost to Ys Net (although, increasingly I feel, perhaps at great cost to the project and the perception people have of it)."

Thank you.

Sony just got an exclusive game that would have never been seen on consoles.

It's the same as Bayo 2 , well somewhat same.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kinectthedots

@skelly34 said:

Edit:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/24/shenmue-iii-yu-suzuki-clarifies-the-games-funding-situation-and-relationship-with-sony/

Yu Suzuki has a "partnership" with Sony, but Sony is only handling the PS4 version of the product and really isn't "funding" Shenmue at all.

Upon quick inspection, I see that the "quote" you have here is nowhere in the link you have given. Essentially, you just fabricated that quote in an attempt to lie and mislead others.

"but Sony is only handling the PS4 version of the product and really isn't "funding" Shenmue"

Sad that there are people that desperate to slander and deny Sony of credibility that they stoop to creating lies in an attempt to show their malice. Shame on you.

It was silly to try and fool me on this link because 1. I have already seen and read that information before and 2. Thinking I would just trust your word and not verify your supposed "quote" here.

Let's look at what a quote from you link actually does say:

"After learning of Kickstarter, I knew it would be possible to get Shenmue 3 started. Wanting to make the best game possible, I also knew that I would have to look to more traditional means to obtain all the funds that would be needed to create the game I had envisioned.

Sony and Shibuya Productions have been wonderful partners because they believe in Shenmue and want to see the best for the fans and the game. Their investment in (and support of) Shenmue have helped to realize a sequel that will stand proud with its predecessors. ... I can say that with their assistance on the production and marketing end, and in Sony’s case with some publishing support as well"

There you have it!

I ask you where, in any of that link, did it say anything about "the PS4 version"? Where in any of that link does it say "Sony really isn't funding Shenmue"? Your entire "quote" was a complete FABRICATION on your part.

Finally you can't "call bullshit" on verified information unless it is verified to be false by an updated or another source. The authors of the link I posted haven't updated or changed any information to back up what you are saying. Where is your link saying Sony is infact NOT helping with development? I'll wait.

The link you have says NOTHING about sony NOT funding anything. You are simply making up what you want to believe but that is not how you confirm or debunk information my friend.