Sony knows they have been DEFEATED.#'S DON"T LIE!!! Blu-Ray is all that's l

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sloughy07
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

Sony knows that they hav3e been badly beaten and taught a MAJOR lesson. And believe it they will not go this route ever again with PS4. PS4 will be a super cheap system for consumers.

The recent sale of PS3 are ABYSMAL and you all KNOW IT!!!

And why yes the sales will pick up some with a price drop but not nearly enough the DAMAGE has been done. And most consumers have moved on and giving the 360 the nod as there hardcore game system of choice.

Even when PS3 has a price cut the 360 will follow suit and also even be able to go even further as to the 360 has been making about $75 bones per system for a very good while now. So evebn when Sony has a cost cut MS will be in a position to match it and even go a bit further for added sales to counter Sony.

Sony really only has it's hopes based on Blu-Ray now and are praying that that pays off because other wise the PS3 could go down as one of the if not biggest single company profit loosing peice of hardware in HISTORY.

These are just the clear facts guys no way around it it's the TRUTH!!!

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
in SW, an anti-ps3 thread every minute. this is nothing but fear and insecurity.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
It will not be a PS4. The loss their gaming div is taking wont be able to come up with the funds for r&d for a PS4. Unless of course the gaming div can start turning a profit by xmas?  :shock:
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Why do you randomly capitalize words? Does that make your post seem more interesting? Because currently, it doesn't. Endfinal

Does it really bother you that bad for him to do so?  

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I hardly feel the PS3 is out of it. A price drop wouldn't hurt, though.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Also, I think even as bad as it may seem its still too early to be marking Sony & the PS3 out.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
Well lets see, considering the PS3 is still selling at a somewhat consistant rate whereas sales for the 360 have pretty much dropped off since after Christmas time, at least the PS3 is still moving systems even if it is at a slower rate then what Sony would like. I dont see the point in complaining when at least 100,000 PS3's are being sold every week world wide which isnt bad for a 600 dollar console.
Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sloughy07

Well lets see, considering the PS3 is still selling at a somewhat consistant rate whereas sales for the 360 have pretty much dropped off since after Christmas time, at least the PS3 is still moving systems even if it is at a slower rate then what Sony would like. I dont see the point in complaining when at least 100,000 PS3's are being sold every week world wide which isnt bad for a 600 dollar console.DSgamer64

DUDE!!! how WRONG you are here is the latest sale numbers 360 is selling a little more then DOUBLE then PS3.

One of the cherished traditions for people in and around the North American videogame industry is the mid-to-late month release of the previous month's sales figures for both hardware and software. Much like Hollywood with the weekend box office or the music industry with SoundScan, this data, compiled by the Port Washington, NY-based NPD Group, is the subject of much scrutiny, speculation and analysis as everyone tries to figure out What It All Means. For the month of April 2007, the numbers are as follows:

Hardware

Nintendo DS: 471,000

Wii: 360,000

PlayStation 2: 194,000

PlayStation Portable: 183,000

Xbox 360: 174,000

Game Boy Advance: 84,000

Playstation 3: 82,000

Notice PS3 in last place and 360 is selling more then twice as much.

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

IMO i think that Sony messed up with ps3 big time. the reason why, it seem like they basically stocked up a hole bunch of nothing into a system trying to catch peoples attentions and forgot about the people needs

P.S they are the only system that cost about 600$ with no vibrating controllers and presentation of a big PSP and I'm not a fan boy.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#12 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
Well even with the terrible sales so far.....the games to come to PS3 are ridic.  I ended up looking for every game I would be interested in on the 360 and PS3 and theres a fair bit more for the PS3.  Not only that, majority of them are exclusive.  Just give PS3 some time (Fall this year ;)) and they should rise again.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musicalmac  Moderator

DUDE!!! how WRONG you are here is the latest sale numbers 360 is selling a little more then DOUBLE then PS3.

One of the cherished traditions for people in and around the North American videogame industry is the mid-to-late month release of the previous month's sales figures for both hardware and software. Much like Hollywood with the weekend box office or the music industry with SoundScan, this data, compiled by the Port Washington, NY-based NPD Group, is the subject of much scrutiny, speculation and analysis as everyone tries to figure out What It All Means. For the month of April 2007, the numbers are as follows:

Hardware

Nintendo DS: 471,000

Wii: 360,000

PlayStation 2: 194,000

PlayStation Portable: 183,000

Xbox 360: 174,000

Game Boy Advance: 84,000

Playstation 3: 82,000

Notice PS3 in last place and 360 is selling more then twice as much.

Sloughy07

Sales numbers are important, but if you want to make a point, sales TRENDS are much better tellers. Find the percentage increase or decrease of the PS3/360 sales from month to month to see if someone is in trouble.

Sloughy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sloughy07

Well even with the terrible sales so far.....the games to come to PS3 are ridic.  I ended up looking for every game I would be interested in on the 360 and PS3 and theres a fair bit more for the PS3.  Not only that, majority of them are exclusive.  Just give PS3 some time (Fall this year ;)) and they should rise again.CRUSHER88

Well with the like of DMC4 and MGS4 and most likely FF13 all pushed back into 2008. The fall aint looking all that good.

When you have Mass Effect BioShock Blue Dragon Halo 3 GTA4

And a system that already has 2 GREAT racing simes in PSr3 and then PGR4 in the fall and in a few days Forza 2

I mean is it any wonder why PS3 sales are going into the toilet.

And by the time Sony can even get there acts together most would of just givin up and moved on to 360 like most already have.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Magical_Zebra

Well lets see, considering the PS3 is still selling at a somewhat consistant rate whereas sales for the 360 have pretty much dropped off since after Christmas time, at least the PS3 is still moving systems even if it is at a slower rate then what Sony would like. I dont see the point in complaining when at least 100,000 PS3's are being sold every week world wide which isnt bad for a 600 dollar console.DSgamer64

Put that Sony spin on it. Spin it baby, spin it!!! Gotta link?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

in SW, an anti-ps3 thread every minute. this is nothing but fear and insecurity.xxThyLordxx

fear of what? insecure why?

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

in SW, an anti-ps3 thread every minute. this is nothing but fear and insecurity.xxThyLordxx

You mean like your sig. :roll: The pot calling the kettle black. :lol: 

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

Sloughy07

Gotta love how you have to put that in there so you can convince yourself.

Yep, the video game powerhouse that is playstation is over and done with within 6 months of its newest console's release.  Even though its selling at a better pace than its competition.

You see, when you have a year ahead to sell, you're going to have higher sales.  Thats about the only fact your post can claim.

Weak.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Wow....how suprising. Yet another wildly fanatical PS3 bashing thread left UNLOCKED that is full of nothing, but ridiculous, slanted, crystal ball, TROLL predictions regarding the PS3's and even the PS4's future, lol. Funny thing is that if someone made this against the 360, it would have been locked after the first post, and the creator would probably have been modded instantly.

Instead in this topic, we actually have a mod nearly backing up the topic creator, who is obviously a PS3 bashing troll. As should be evidenced by the numerous topics that he makes, that are all in the same trolling/PS3 bashing vein. I may be mistaken, but I thought deliberate trolling was a TOS violation, correct?

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

Sony knows that they hav3e

Sloughy07

That is when I stopped taking the topic seriously. Sony did not fail anything, the fans have failed Sony.

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sinarilias
Member since 2004 • 2185 Posts

Wow....how suprising. Yet another wildly fanatical PS3 bashing thread left UNLOCKED that is full of nothing, but ridiculous, slanted, crystal ball, TROLL predictions regarding the PS3's and even the PS4's future, lol. Funny thing is that if someone made this against the 360, it would have been locked after the first post, and the creator would probably have been modded instantly.

Instead in this topic, we actually have a mod nearly backing up the topic creator, who is obviously a PS3 bashing troll. As should be evidenced by the numerous topics that he makes, that are all in the same trolling/PS3 bashing vein. I may be mistaken, but I thought deliberate trolling was a TOS violation, correct?

ironcreed

Patience. They'll be here.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CaseyWegner

ironcreed

i'm not making a special exception for you just because you don't want to see the ps3 bashed.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

Instead in this topic, we actually have a mod nearly backing up the topic creator, who is obviously a PS3 bashing troll. As should be evidenced by the numerous topics that he makes, that are all in the same trolling/PS3 bashing vein. I may be mistaken, but I thought deliberate trolling was a TOS vilation, correct?

ironcreed

Here, here!!  I second that motion!!!  I too, on a daily basis, woner how these anti-PS3, trolling threads are allowed to stay up.  Anything negative on the 360 and its locked within a few posts.

Oh, but every once and a hilw they'll lock up an anti-PS3 thread when a lemming gets owned.

tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
wow fanboy-tastic, next youll be saying the ps3 is the dreamcast of the generation.  "Sony knows they have been DEFEATED", facts dont lie, thats not a fact its an oppinion, and most of what you posted, although some is fact, its over-exagerated.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

CaseyWegner

i'm not making a special exception for you just because you don't want to see the ps3 bashed.

I did not ask you to. I just made it known that it is certainly nothing new.;)

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

like your sig??? 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I am no PS3 owner but saying the PS3 has been defeated by the XBox360 is to early to say. What every good console needs is games. The PS3 will probably last  longer than the other 2 consoles the Wii and XBox360 it's to early to say. I am not saying they are gonna win but it's only been out about 6 months. If the Wii does continue to sell at the rate it's doing then the PS3 has no chance against it.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Magical_Zebra

ironcreed

The mod did no such thing. Did you even read what the mod typed?? The mod ASKED A QUESTION, how the hell is that backing someones claim up. Love those accusations at absolutely nothing.  :shock:

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sinarilias
The PS3 is actually a bargain compared to its cost to make.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

ironcreed

you have no idea what you're talking about.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Magical_Zebra

The mod did no such thing. Did you even read what the mod typed?? The mod ASKED A QUESTION, how the hell is that backing someones claim up. Love those accusations at absolutely nothing.  :shock:

Oh, I know....just a mere question that defended against a response that was in opposition to the TC's ridiculous, and blatantly obvious trolling.

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sinarilias
[QUOTE="ironcreed"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

CaseyWegner

I don't mean to be rude but what are the standards of a bashing thread? I'm now confused.....

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

CaseyWegner

Pardon? I am glad you know me so well.:roll: Anyway, my only point is that this guy is obviously trolling, and it is not the first time. I saw him doing it yesterday as well.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

ironcreed

Oh, I know....just a mere question that defended against a response that was in opposition to the TC's ridiculous, and blatantly obvious trolling.

Your assuming. How do you know the question wasnt for more clarification? I mean, thats why you ask question right?  :shock:

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

sinarilias

I don't mean to be rude but what are the standards of a bashing thread? I'm now confused.....

bashing the system...no those who play it. threads do not get locked just for bashing a system.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CaseyWegner

Pardon? I am glad you know me so well.:roll: Anyway, my only point is that this guy is obviously trolling, and it is not the first time. I saw him doing it yesterday as well.

ironcreed

you accused me of locking 360 bashing threads and not ps3 bashing threads. i don't need to know you to know that you're wrong.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Magical_Zebra

Your assuming. How do you know the question wasnt for more clarification? I mean, thats why you ask question right?  :shock:

Fair enough....it indeed could have been for clarification. It certainly appeared to be otherwise though in regards to the nature of the original statement that was proposed. Besides, I am entitled to my opinon, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Funny.  ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 musicalmac  Moderator
On a totally unrelated (though it shouldn't be) note, does anyone have *accurate numbers as far as percentage increase/decrease in sales for the PS3/360 for this month vs the previous month? It's those percentages we really need to focus on.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BlazeDragon132

Funny. ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.Jandurin

The irony is strong with this one. Although I think the PS3 bashing is too common in SW. Then again, they say those with great power have the most enemies.

This proves the PS3 is a force to be reckon with. They are cowarding because the PS3 might actually be a great system. 

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlazeDragon132

On a totally unrelated (though it should be) note, does anyone have *accurate numbers as far as percentage increase/decrease in sales for the PS3/360 for this month vs the previous month? It's those percentages we really need to focus on.musicalmac

I think the PS3 has been up and down,but around the same amount. 360 sales have decreased alot. Wii sales have been constantly high. It won't be long before Wii hits 10 million and ties with Xbox 360. 

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ironcreed
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

CaseyWegner

you accused me of locking 360 bashing threads and not ps3 bashing threads. i don't need to know you to know that you're wrong.

I never directly accused you, or anyone. There are numerous mods here. I read your posts, and normally always enjoy them, Casey. All, I am saying is that I have seen it done on numerous occasions it seems.

Maybe it is just me, but it does indeed seem as if the PS3 gets less than the benefit of the doubt around here. Again, I am not directly accusing you, or calling you biased either. It just seems a little slanted around here to me at times. It is just my opinion. No big deal.

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sinarilias

Funny.  ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.Jandurin

I don't care if this thread gets banned or not. Heck I don't give a damn about the PS3. I posted 3 times including this one, and I was asking a question to the moderator, so I wasn't hoping this thread gets locked.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]On a totally unrelated (though it should be) note, does anyone have *accurate numbers as far as percentage increase/decrease in sales for the PS3/360 for this month vs the previous month? It's those percentages we really need to focus on.BlazeDragon132

I think the PS3 has been up and down,but around the same amount. 360 sales have decreased alot. Wii sales have been constantly high. It won't be long before Wii hits 10 million and ties with Xbox 360. 

I was actually under the impression it was the other way around. I thought there was a 3% increase in 360 sales, while there was a 10% decrease in PS3 sales. However, I could be wrong. Hence, if someone were to post the percentages, I'd be grateful :)

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BlazeDragon132
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="ironcreed"]

ironcreed

I never directly accused you, or anyone. There are numerous mods here. I read your posts, and normally always enjoy them, Casey. All, I am saying is that I have seen it done on numerous occasions it seems.

Maybe it is just me, but it does indeed seem as if the PS3 gets less than the benefit of the doubt around here. Again, I am not directly accusing you, or calling you biased either. It just seems a little slanted around here to me at times. It is just my opinion. No big deal.

Well, with Gamespot comparing PS3 to 360 screens calling the 360 a winner when PS3 has only started and a list of 10 things PS3 needs help with, without mentioning 10 things 360 and Wii need help with.

I would agree with ya, Gamespot tends to not give PS3 a chance. I think only one editor hyped a PS3 game this year. Although I wouldn't call them baised, but they tend to lean toward 360. If you look at the list, an editor hyped an A game :P

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]On a totally unrelated (though it should be) note, does anyone have *accurate numbers as far as percentage increase/decrease in sales for the PS3/360 for this month vs the previous month? It's those percentages we really need to focus on.BlazeDragon132

Link please? 

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Sony knows that they hav3e been badly beaten and taught a MAJOR lesson. And believe it they will not go this route ever again with PS4. PS4 will be a super cheap system for consumers.

The recent sale of PS3 are ABYSMAL and you all KNOW IT!!!

And why yes the sales will pick up some with a price drop but not nearly enough the DAMAGE has been done. And most consumers have moved on and giving the 360 the nod as there hardcore game system of choice.

Even when PS3 has a price cut the 360 will follow suit and also even be able to go even further as to the 360 has been making about $75 bones per system for a very good while now. So evebn when Sony has a cost cut MS will be in a position to match it and even go a bit further for added sales to counter Sony.

Sony really only has it's hopes based on Blu-Ray now and are praying that that pays off because other wise the PS3 could go down as one of the if not biggest single company profit loosing peice of hardware in HISTORY.

Sloughy07

So bascially what you are saying you have it all figured, you have been  work in the gaming industry for years now and know how it works, so after 6 months it is pretty much over..............thanks for the good laugh.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ironcreed

Funny.  ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.Jandurin

Just joining in the discussion, bud. What...should I cower in hiding, with hopes that the thread soon vanishes?:P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]Funny.  ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.ironcreed

Just joining in the discussion, bud. What...should I cower in hiding, with hopes that the thread soon vanishes?:P

That does tend to happen when nobody bumps the thread. Bud. ( :P )

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]Funny.  ironcreed and sinarilias are bumping this thread of Sony bashage much more than anyone who is bashing Sony.ironcreed

Shrug.  I often just don't comment in threads that are purely bashing.  The more that people don't post, the quicker it goes away.

More like it's beneath my notice than cowering.  I usually don't even read them, but it's a slow morning both at work and on these forums.