Sony Exec Confirms Vita's 10 Year Life Cycle

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

the domination is hard as a rock:cool:

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]Fastest selling console this gen?! The Wii surpassed 95million units and came out after the PS3 :roll:shadiezz2012
lol didn't know that ok 2nd fastest ;)

The domination has won :cool:

Cheleman
That domination has lost :lol:
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

After the S*** start the PS3 had and Sony still managed to turn it around it'd be pretty hard to doubt them.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="TheDidact"] lol didn't know that ok 2nd fastest ;)

The domination has won :cool:

Cheleman

lol :lol: that made me laugh
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheDidact

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]The domination has won :cool: [QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Cheleman

u jelly:lol::cool:

u lost in teh forza thread :cool: :lol:
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

PlayStation Vita Price Cut Coming Next Year, Says Sony

For those that hate because they want one but can't afford it. :)

Gue1
I got my 3ds at launch so money is no issue. it just sucks :D.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheDidact
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]The domination has won :cool:

Cheleman

lol :lol: that made me laugh

:cool:
Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts
yea 10 years of sitting in warehouse's collecting dust
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheDidact

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

u jelly:lol::cool:

Cheleman

u lost in teh forza thread :cool: :lol:

u butthurt now? :lol::cool:

Yes, I'm buthurt of the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Roster. Soooo buthurt that I'm going to check the PS Store Right now brb.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]u lost in teh forza thread :cool: :lol:TheDidact

Yes, I'm buthurt of the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Roster. Soooo buthurt that I'm going to check the PS Store Right now brb.

:lol:Hahaha I knew it, take that lem:cool:

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shadiezz2012
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]u lost in teh forza thread :cool: :lol:TheDidact

lol you also own ps3 ?! :lol: dude you are amazing but you gotta admit next year we are getting alot of big guns for ps3 can't wait
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Let's hope the vita recovers soon.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheDidact

Cheleman

F*CK I don't have enough space on my HDD for Starhawk :( the domination has been halted temporarily.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TheDidact

shadiezz2012

lol you also own ps3 ?! :lol: dude you are amazing but you gotta admit next year we are getting alot of big guns for ps3 can't wait

As soon as this year's over I'm becoming a cow again to prepare for The Last of Us :lol: . But right now I have my sights set on the domination that is Halo 4 :cool:
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]Yes, I'm buthurt of the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Roster. Soooo buthurt that I'm going to check the PS Store Right now brb. TheDidact

F*CK I don't have enough space on my HDD for Starhawk :( the domination has been halted temporarily.

now you're using foul language? U MAD?:lol::cool:

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shadiezz2012
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Yes, I'm buthurt of the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Roster. Soooo buthurt that I'm going to check the PS Store Right now brb. TheDidact

As soon as this year's over I'm becoming a cow again to prepare for The Last of Us :lol: . But right now I have my sights set on the domination that is Halo 4 :cool:

lol :lol: The domination has won ;)
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheDidact

Cheleman

now you're using foul language? U MAD?:lol::cool:

About my 2007 PS3? Yeah :(
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

That thing needs a price cut and maybe even a revision ASAP, i mean it has a couple of interesting games, but there is no way i will spend so much money to just play a few games, not to mention the WiiU is just around the corner almost at the same price.

Vita lasting 10 years? good luck with that and while the PS3 was on a similar situation there is no guarantee the vita will be the same.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Price cut will probably come 1-2 years with a new model.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#72 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

That thing needs a price cut and maybe even a revision ASAP, i mean it has a couple of interesting games, but there is no way i will spend so much money to just play a few games, not to mention the WiiU is just around the corner almost at the same price.

Vita lasting 10 years? good luck with that and while the PS3 was on a similar situation there is no guarantee the vita will be the same.

madsnakehhh
what about it needs a revision??
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
First off I own a Vita and really like it. I use this for field training a nd it's a god send when away from home for long stretches. Second, do you expect an exec to say, "yeah it's really bombing"? I enjoy it, and hope for more PSP BC from it (MGS PO and PW please) but its an open wound business wise.cainetao11
feild traning?
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

GunSmith1_basic

Maybe to lower cost.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

Maybe to lower cost.

Rumors say it will remove the OLED screen (like when BC was removed from PS3) in order to lower the price.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44599 Posts
On target(?!),,, reminds me of a cat that makes a miscalculated jump and goes crashing to the ground, only to compose itself and walk away all nonchalant like "I meant to do that". Their target is to have 10 million units sold by the end of the fiscal year, they had 1.4 million units sold in March after their worldwide launch back in February, and 2.2 million units (800K more) six moths later; if they want to even make it close to that goal they must think the Vita is going to outsell the Wii U this Christmas, not to mention the competition with games gamers have been waiting for all year, the Vita couldn't sell during one of the slowest years for gaming releases ever... on target my ass. I'd put more faith in a crackhead that tells me the money they're asking from me is to put gas in their tank because their car broke down and they're from out of town and will mail me the money back later.
caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

To be honest, I'm amazed so many people are already dismissing the Vita as having no chance to succeedand are declaring it dead. On the topic of poor sales, might I remind everyone that the 3DS also had a sluggish start out of the gate? It took a price drop and several key games like Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter and Zelda to save it last holiday season. Think about this for a second. The 3DS is doing very well right now, but even it started off sluggish and had poor sales. And keep in mind, this was the followup to the best selling handheld of all time and had Nintendo's name on it. If the 3DS could turn things around, then why are people so determined to think the Vita can't do the same thing?

We don't know how things will play out in the future. A price drop and some killer games may jumpstart the Vita like what happened with the 3DS. Hell, the PS3 and PSP were struggling before Sony turned things around for both. Might I remind everyone that the PSP struggled against the DS in Japan until it got key games like Monster Hunter. And from there, the PSP actually began to outsell the DS over there.

The Vita is having a bad start, but its something that can't be reversed. If the system can get the killer games and price drops then it can become a successful system. If might never match the 3DS' sales, but it might end up doing very well.

Remember, the 3DS had a poor start. During its first few months, it lacked the killer games that sale systems, was overpriced, and sold poorly. Nintendo had to slash prices and openly apologize during their bid to save the system. In the end, their efforts proved successful.

Which raises the question. If Nintendo could save a struggling system, then why can't Sony do the same?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
how is this news....sony always does this (though they actually support their products for like 8 years)
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
wow in about 1 year tablets are gonna be more powerful and convenient to have around with you instead, lets jsut see if one of them can make some physical controls and do it right
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

wow in about 1 year tablets are gonna be more powerful and convenient to have around with you instead, lets jsut see if one of them can make some physical controls and do it rightBangerman15

Wow at you comment, i would never, never use my tablet for gaming ! Tried it once and it su**ed, big time ! Handleds are here to stay, mark my words ! The size and lack of physical controler of the tablet kills the joy, atleast for me !

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#81 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

the comments here are the same one about ps3 when it launched the same doom and gloom shadiezz2012
Stupid **** kids and pieces of crap that wouldn't know a good system if it hit them in the head. They really need to try the device before bashing it. It's sad that idiots feel justified bashing a device they can't afford. If 3ds was still 250 these same fools would be bashing that guaranteed (in fact they did!)

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Midnightshade29

Yeah. I love my Vita. Lots of hate here. That's fine i heard it all the time with the PSP. Looking forward to Ragmarok, Creed, Street X Tekken, maybe madden? That will keep be busy for a bit

PA_DUTCH
A ton of hate from a bunch of morons who have never even tried the device. These same f---- complained about the psp , they complained about the 3ds too when it was 250.... they just won't chalk out the dough for a handheld.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Midnightshade29

To be honest, I'm amazed so many people are already dismissing the Vita as having no chance to succeedand are declaring it dead. On the topic of poor sales, might I remind everyone that the 3DS also had a sluggish start out of the gate? It took a price drop and several key games like Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter and Zelda to save it last holiday season. Think about this for a second. The 3DS is doing very well right now, but even it started off sluggish and had poor sales. And keep in mind, this was the followup to the best selling handheld of all time and had Nintendo's name on it. If the 3DS could turn things around, then why are people so determined to think the Vita can't do the same thing?

We don't know how things will play out in the future. A price drop and some killer games may jumpstart the Vita like what happened with the 3DS. Hell, the PS3 and PSP were struggling before Sony turned things around for both. Might I remind everyone that the PSP struggled against the DS in Japan until it got key games like Monster Hunter. And from there, the PSP actually began to outsell the DS over there.

The Vita is having a bad start, but its something that can't be reversed. If the system can get the killer games and price drops then it can become a successful system. If might never match the 3DS' sales, but it might end up doing very well.

Remember, the 3DS had a poor start. During its first few months, it lacked the killer games that sale systems, was overpriced, and sold poorly. Nintendo had to slash prices and openly apologize during their bid to save the system. In the end, their efforts proved successful.

Which raises the question. If Nintendo could save a struggling system, then why can't Sony do the same?

caryslan2
clap clap clap...someone with actual intelligence and sense in this throng of crap we have going on in this thread. Thank you.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

lol how is selling?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

RIP Vita 2012-2012

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Sony doesn't learn from their mistakes.

They shoot themselves in the foot by overpricing the PS3, do they fix it with the Vita? No they overprice that too.

This gen going on too long has caused alot of problems, but does sony learn from that? No, they repeat their mistake again.

It's not consumers that are digging Sony's grave; they're doing that themselves.

Maybe they should go back to what they're good at.

[spoiler] copying nintendo [/spoiler]

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

The PSP also had a ten year life cycle, but has basically been dead for a while.

Meanwhile, the Vita is doing significantly worse than the PSP, so...there's no way this will happen.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="PA_DUTCH"]

Yeah. I love my Vita. Lots of hate here. That's fine i heard it all the time with the PSP. Looking forward to Ragmarok, Creed, Street X Tekken, maybe madden? That will keep be busy for a bit

Midnightshade29
A ton of hate from a bunch of morons who have never even tried the device. These same f---- complained about the psp , they complained about the 3ds too when it was 250.... they just won't chalk out the dough for a handheld.

I tried the Vita and thought it was awful. I was actually open to the idea of owning a handheld ( I have not owned one since the Gameboy Color). I tried playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma, a game that I had pretty much mastered when this gen started, and was getting hit a lot even on normal because the controls are so bad. The analogs feel flimsy and cheap as hell and the entire device is just uncomfortable for me to hold. I wouldn't buy a Vita if it was $50. Sony needs to go back to the drawing boards for another handheld and just bury the Vita before it burns an even bigger hole in their pocket.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
wow in about 1 year tablets are gonna be more powerful and convenient to have around with you instead, lets jsut see if one of them can make some physical controls and do it rightBangerman15
No buttons = F off tablet!
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 rjdofu

They shoot themselves in the foot by overpricing the PS3, do they fix it with the Vita? No they overprice that too.

This gen going on too long has caused alot of problems, but does sony learn from that? No, they repeat their mistake again.

It's not consumers that are digging Sony's grave; they're doing that themselves.

TopTierHustler
The Vita is not overprice, its a beautiful piece of hardware for that price. I'm not talking about those who refuse to buy anything higher than $200 for a portable gaming device here (funny thing is that many of said people are ready to buy a $600 smartphone to play sh!tty phone games). The only drawback of the Vita (sadly, most important) is the games; hardly anything released is system seller; and when it comes to competition, Nintendo is always ahead.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
[QUOTE="Bangerman15"]wow in about 1 year tablets are gonna be more powerful and convenient to have around with you instead, lets jsut see if one of them can make some physical controls and do it rightrjdofu
No buttons = F off tablet!

You can plug in a controller if they have a USB Port. Not sticking up for tablets just putting this into the discussion. I tried several games without one and i went straight back to the 3ds.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#92 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

PlayStation Vita Price Cut Coming Next Year, Says Sony

For those that hate because they want one but can't afford it. :)

Gue1
They should have said that sooner.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

rjdofu

The Vita is not overprice, its a beautiful piece of hardware for that price. I'm not talking about those who refuse to buy anything higher than $200 for a portable gaming device here (funny thing is that many of said people are ready to buy a $600 smartphone to play sh!tty phone games). The only drawback of the Vita (sadly, most important) is the games; hardly anything released is system seller; and when it comes to competition, Nintendo is always ahead.

It's quiet expensive for a handheld historically speaking, (3DS was too) but not overpriced.

However it's not about that, they need to reduce the price to increase sales, the system is tanking. It's selling 150k monthly worldwide or so, actually it's selling worse than DreamCast was in Japan atm, comparing the same timeframes.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

SuperFlakeman

It's quiet expensive for a handheld historically speaking, (3DS was too) but not overpriced.

However it's not about that, they need to reduce the price to increase sales, the system is tanking. It's selling 150k monthly worldwide or so, actually it's selling worse than DreamCast was in Japan atm, comparing the same timeframes.

That, as well as some recognisable system sellers, GTA or GOW would be good. More importantly, some unique new IPs adding in as well. The 3DS did really well in that aspect (not speaking for me but for general fanbase)
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]the comments here are the same one about ps3 when it launched the same doom and gloom

They'll get equally owned eventually.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

It'll be moldy vita cheese long before 10 years is up.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#97 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

:lol: not even the PSP had a 10 year life cycle. The PSV has no chance of it happening since its been flopping.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="shadiezz2012"] since when cell phones are facing Vita ?TheEroica
On a broader scale it is.

Portable gaming... yup they are on the same scale. To me anyway. The vita would kicked so much a$s 5 years ago... now its like a little casket to remind us what handheld gaming coulda been if not for smartphones.

I look at is as what phones could be since they lack controls
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="PA_DUTCH"]

BPoole96

I tried the Vita and thought it was awful. I was actually open to the idea of owning a handheld ( I have not owned one since the Gameboy Color). I tried playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma, a game that I had pretty much mastered when this gen started, and was getting hit a lot even on normal because the controls are so bad. The analogs feel flimsy and cheap as hell and the entire device is just uncomfortable for me to hold. I wouldn't buy a Vita if it was $50. Sony needs to go back to the drawing boards for another handheld and just bury the Vita before it burns an even bigger hole in their pocket.

Ya a lof of people expect home console analogs and that just isn't going to happen. I think vita 's feel pretty good raised up like home consoles. But I used psp for years and consider them a good upgrade. Ninja gaiden on vita feels like the console version to me, I didn't have any trouble.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#100 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I guess being in a coma is considered living.