Sony and Microsoft help push AMD to a profit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by regnaston (226 posts) -

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2090060/ps4-and-xbox-help-amd-to-a-profit-but-outlook-disappoints.html

AMD had a profit largely because of the two consoles released in November. Their PC chip sales however are slumping

#2 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

PC gaming is in decline. We all know this.

#3 Posted by regnaston (226 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Gaming yes, but they said their majority of PC sales were in laptop chips. I have only played WOW on a laptop, and would not consider playing any other game on a laptop

#4 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

sweenixface.jpg

#5 Posted by GhoX (4676 posts) -
@Sweenix said:

Wii U sales are poor, therefore console gaming is in decline. Am I doing this right?

AMD is just getting annihilated by nvidia/Intel when it comes to PC gaming, and AMD does not represent PC gaming.

#6 Edited by DefconRave (550 posts) -

Yep its dying so much Steam gained 10 million new users in 2 months. lawl

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5650 posts) -

Don't take the bait guys...

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4101 posts) -

yeah i use intel cpu's in my builds. but i do use amd gpus, i would use nvidia ones if the price/performance metric were equal.

as for Sweenix's comment, well this is all I've got to say... to sweenix

good bye

#9 Edited by lostrib (33270 posts) -

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2090060/ps4-and-xbox-help-amd-to-a-profit-but-outlook-disappoints.html

AMD had a profit largely because of the two consoles released in November. Their PC chip sales however are slumping

It's the CPUs that are slumping, seems like the GPUs are doing fine (thank you cryptocurrency)

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

@DefconRave said:

Don't take the bait guys...

IKR, I was thinking the same thing when I read what he typed and that so many started biting. This group is so easy to get going.