Some like to say MGS4 isnt "REAL STEALTH"

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
This begs to differ...
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

i dpnt need proof to know that MGS4 is a stealth game...i played MGS2 3 and enjoyed the stealth alot!

THE END is a fine example of stealth

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts

This begs to differ...Arsenal325

play splinter cell foo.....sam fisher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>solid snake

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Some are uninformed, but I don't care. I know the game is primarily based on stealth. Its a good thing it offers more to its gameplay.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arsenal325

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...Guitartod

play splinter cell foo.....sam fisher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>solid snake

o i got it... your being sarcastic right? BWHAHAHA... GOOD ONE!:lol:

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Until an MGS game can be played without killing a single person, like the Thief series, then maybe it might be a real stealth game. Too bad even if thats the case, it probably wouldnt be able to be "ghosted" like the Thief series - no killing OR knocking out your enemies.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arsenal325

Until an MGS game can be played without killing a single person, like the Thief series, then maybe it might be a real stealth game. Too bad even if thats the case, it probably wouldnt be able to be "ghosted" like the Thief series - no killing OR knocking out your enemies.XaosII

what kind of crap game is that? not killing anyone? why would anyone want to go through a game and not kill anyone? PSSHTT.. you know snake can still be stealthy and kill people.. he just cant be SEEN as he is doing it

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

This begs to differ...Arsenal325

both of the guys in the beginning turned and faced him while he was like 20 feet away standing and didn't do anything. then in the end Snake grabs one guy and he's grunting and making noise that his partner 5 feet away can't hear.

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts

Until an MGS game can be played without killing a single person, like the Thief series, then maybe it might be a real stealth game. Too bad even if thats the case, it probably wouldnt be able to be "ghosted" like the Thief series - no killing OR knocking out your enemies.XaosII

You can. It's called a tranquilizer gun.

Of course bosses have to be killed for the story to progress. But otherwise, you don't have to kill anyone.

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
thevideo didnt impliment stealth that well..they couldve shown what happens when you get caught;the stealth u have to use to get out of enemy sight.that would have opend eyes
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
splinter cell is more stealth, MGS is more drama. realism or not both are great but I think MGS is better cuz the series isnt milked and the drama draws me in.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arsenal325
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

ROFL!!!! your a poop noob if u think that snake is better then the fisher man...like what are u thinking???

ok i think you are dragging this SARCASM way to far... hahahahaha we all know snake is better.. you can stop now

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Guitartod
[QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...Arsenal325

ROFL!!!! your a poop noob if u think that snake is better then the fisher man...like what are u thinking???

ok i think you are dragging this SARCASM way to far... hahahahaha we all know snake is better.. you can stop now

like snake anit even stealth dood.... like running around with an unslilenced assult rifle is not stealth dood

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
if mgs is "fake" stealth, then i dont wanna play real!
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XaosII

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Until an MGS game can be played without killing a single person, like the Thief series, then maybe it might be a real stealth game. Too bad even if thats the case, it probably wouldnt be able to be "ghosted" like the Thief series - no killing OR knocking out your enemies.Arsenal325

what kind of crap game is that? not killing anyone? why would anyone want to go through a game and not kill anyone? PSSHTT.. you know snake can still be stealthy and kill people.. he just cant be SEEN as he is doing it

And thats why its pretty much an action game with decent stealth elements.

The Thief series is THE stealth series. Its hardest difficulty doesnt allow you to kill anyone. You're a thief, not a murderer. And just for the heck of it, some of the hardcore fans have attempted to beat it without even knocking someone out. Its pretty damn hard, but not impossible.

When your game could be played with that level of sneaking and stealthing, then you can certainly call yourself a full fledged stealth game.

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arsenal325
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

like snake anit even stealth dood.... like running around with an unslilenced assult rifle is not stealth dood

hey "dood" did you watch the video? "dood" he was like sneaking around with a knife... unlike splintercell... mgs gives you the option to go rambo, or to go stealth... isnt that cool "dood"?

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Guitartod
[QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...Arsenal325

hey "dood" did you watch the video? "dood" he was like sneaking around with a knife... unlike splintercell... mgs gives you the option to go rambo, or to go stealth... isnt that cool "dood"?

no its not cool dood.... as long as its a game on the flopstation 2.5 it aint cool it aint ever cool

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

I doubt youve played MGS...I love SC to death..but I think MGS is a lot better...and if you think MGS is all about killing people, play MGS 3...

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

i dpnt need proof to know that MGS4 is a stealth game...i played MGS2 3 and enjoyed the stealth alot!

THE END is a fine example of stealth

LinKuei_warrior

That boss made me made :evil: I waited for a while until he fell asleep so I could hear him snoring. But of course that took a while

Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
I would prefer it to be less of a stealth game.
AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts

snake owns sam fisher, snake uses camo suit on ANY material,,, pretty stealth to me tell me how SC is more stealth then MGS

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Guitartod
[QUOTE="Guitartod"]

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...AskForDetails

snake owns sam fisher, snake uses camo suit on ANY material,,, pretty stealth to me tell me how SC is more stealth then MGS

you dont run around like a jackass????

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AskForDetails
[QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

please show me what that looks like?

also does sam fisher hide in barrels? dumpsters? boxes?

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Guitartod
[QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

Its funny how you say dumpster when i say all MGS4 copies should be placed gingerly in the dumpster...

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AskForDetails
[QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

Its funny how you say dumpster when i say all MGS4 copies should be placed gingerly in the dumpster...

nice comeback

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...Ontain

both of the guys in the beginning turned and faced him while he was like 20 feet away standing and didn't do anything. then in the end Snake grabs one guy and he's grunting and making noise that his partner 5 feet away can't hear.

seems like you've chosen to ignore the my points on the terrible example you picked.

Avatar image for llidianStormage
llidianStormage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 llidianStormage
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts
the way mgs series is played is fine with me if no one likes it then dont talk about it.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

I hope you're joking since sam fisher and the entire splinter cell series lacks the depth that snake and MGS has had since day 1. I like splinter cell but it feels like I'm just playing a random series of horribly put together events. Thats why I stopped playing after Chaos Theory.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arsenal325
[QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

nice comeback

funny how you say nice comeback.... reminds me of mgs and splinter cell.. eveytime mgs is released , the splinter cell series NEVER has a "nice comeback"... BWHAHAHAHA.. mgs always wins in the end..

Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts

funny how you say nice comeback.... reminds me of mgs and splinter cell.. eveytime mgs is released , the splinter cell series NEVER has a nice comeback... BWHAHAHAHA.. mgs always wins in the end..

Arsenal325

That ,however ,was not so good a comeback

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AskForDetails
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="AskForDetails"][QUOTE="Guitartod"]

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]This begs to differ...pintabear49blue

nice comeback

funny how you say nice comeback.... reminds me of mgs and splinter cell.. eveytime mgs is released , the splinter cell series NEVER has a nice comeback... BWHAHAHAHA.. mgs always wins in the end..

That ,however ,was not so good a comeback

as the greatest person in the world would say "uh oh hotdog!" quote bobby lee... lol

still the guy never said why SC has more stealth then MGS so I WIN lol

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Its Stealth on a future battlefield.

Its different just like AC, and SC4 have the whole 'blend in with crowds' stealth.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

no, just no.
and im just going to take a wild guess and say you own a 360? and not a ps3?

Zulgaines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zulgaines
Member since 2003 • 9750 Posts

Snakes new outfit is so weird looking, especially from the back.

I think he's wearing a pair of depends.

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="XaosII"]Until an MGS game can be played without killing a single person, like the Thief series, then maybe it might be a real stealth game. Too bad even if thats the case, it probably wouldnt be able to be "ghosted" like the Thief series - no killing OR knocking out your enemies.XaosII

And thats why its pretty much an action game with decent stealth elements.

The Thief series is THE stealth series. Its hardest difficulty doesnt allow you to kill anyone. You're a thief, not a murderer. And just for the heck of it, some of the hardcore fans have attempted to beat it without even knocking someone out. Its pretty damn hard, but not impossible.

When your game could be played with that level of sneaking and stealthing, then you can certainly call yourself a full fledged stealth game.

OMG, you've never played MGS...ever. In MGS you are all but forced not to kill people. The game tells you numerous times that your goals are to remain undetected and your priority is not to kill. Its why the less enemies you kill and the less times you are detected you earn a higher ranking. Its why you are repeatedly encouraged not to use deadly force and why enemies comment on your kills...

And there is no point in killing because the guards are infinite in numbers...AI will contiue to call for backup...

On the hardest difficulty, European Extreme, the game automatically ends if you are detected. You can beat the game without killing anyone, even the bosses and without being seen by anyone except for the bosses. Only thing you have to do is use the tranq gun or CQC on the bosses so it knocks them out.

OH AND, TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION IS IN THE DAMN TITLE.

FAIL.

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

Games are about choices. You can do whatever you want. You have obviously never played a Metal Gear Solid game. In the game, you are allowed to be stealthy or play it like an action game to appeal to a wide audience. SC is a good game though... but from your posts, I can conclude that you either: have never played an mgs game, cannot afford a ps3 so you make a pathetic attempt to bash it's best game (IMO), have thoughts so 1 dimensional that you cannot comprehend or understand mgs story (I can get that from your spelling, unless your just lazy, or your trying to be "the rebel" who thinks he's cool because he's different.

SchmoJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SchmoJoe
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts

MGS is not realistic, but that's what draws a lot of people into it. Look, I've only play MGS1. I don't think one person can singlehandedly destroy a nuclear warhead armed super weapon. But that's what made it so great.

Honestly I'd rather be able to pull out a rocket launcher at anytime then just wait in a dark corner for someone to come so I can slit their throat.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XaosII
OMG, you've never played MGS...ever. In MGS you are all but forced not to kill people. The game tells you numerous times that your goals are to remain undetected and your priority is not to kill. Its why the less enemies you kill and the less times you are detected you earn a higher ranking. Its why you are repeatedly encouraged not to use deadly force and why enemies comment on your kills...

And there is no point in killing because the guards are infinite in numbers...AI will contiue to call for backup...

On the hardest difficulty, European Extreme, the game automatically ends if you are detected. You can beat the game without killing anyone, even the bosses and without being seen by anyone except for the bosses. Only thing you have to do is use the tranq gun or CQC on the bosses so it knocks them out.

OH AND, TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION IS IN THE DAMN TITLE.

FAIL.

NavigatorsGhost

Right. It cant be ghosted like the Thief series.

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts

Yeah, instead you just sit in a shadow while the retarded A.I. standing 2 feet in front of you doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I mean, a guy with 3 green lights on his head, and small lights on his suit, crouching in a dark corner being unseen is realistic stealth right?
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

I've played MGS2 and that wasnt really a stealth game.......

Splinter Cell>MGS in terms of actual "stealthiness"

is82sealab2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 is82sealab2021
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts

difference between mgs and splinter cell: mgs is extremely fun, splinter cell is boring and trial & error..just admit it

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

As always Snake is stealth king in the land of the deaf and blind enemy's .

Got to admire his ability to hold a oil barrel in his back pocket , get in it and roll without sound trough enemy's :lol:

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Yes...because we all know what REAL STEALTH in real life situations is like based on a game...

"But, but, but teh MGS is so incredibly awesome of a franchise that even the stealth based gameplay HAS TO BE just like real life because it is that good!!!" :roll:

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _AsasN_

As always Snake is the stealth king in the land of the deaf and blind enemy's .

Caseytappy

I think you're confused. You must be talking about Splinter Cell. The games are ok, but the A.I. is seriously lacking. Refer to my other post on this page. Specifically the part where I talk about the fact that you can sit in a shadow while the A.I. stands 2 feet in front of you and doesn't see a thing. How realistic. lol
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts
[QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

_AsasN_

I think you're confused. You must be talking about Splinter Cell. The games are ok, but the A.I. is seriously lacking. Refer to my other post on this page. Specifically the part where I talk about the fact that you can sit in a shadow while the A.I. stands 2 feet in front of you and doesn't see a thing. How realistic. lol

Well , looking atjustthis movie i see Snake choking a guy with gargling sound 2 feet away from another enemy who never looks back to see what happened to his buddy , also he moves inthe enemyline of vision more than one time .

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

As always Snake is stealth king in the land of the deaf and blind enemy's .

Got to admire his ability to hold a oil barrel in his back pocket , get in it and roll without sound trough enemy's :lol:

Caseytappy

yes, because everything else in MGS is so realistic. :roll: :lol:

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _AsasN_
[QUOTE="_AsasN_"][QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

Caseytappy

Well , looking atjustthis movie i see Snake choking a guy with gargling sound 2 feet away from another enemy who never looks back to see what happened to his buddy , also he moves inthe enemyline of vision more than one time .

I've never had that happen in MGS. At least not from a distance that small. There are definitely some unrealistic situations, but Splinter Cell is down right retarded when it comes to A.I.