sold my PS3 for a XBOX360...what games are recommended?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rattler1990
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

I just sold my PS3 and got me a XBOX 360 becausemy PS3didn't cater to my needs. I mean I used it as a Blue Ray player and all...even played a few games on it.. I did enjoy MGS4,Resistance, and a few multiplates(which I have seenthey seem tolook better on the 360...I'm aware of this since I have friends that have 360 and I played games with them on it and really noticed the difference)I am a huge online player and noticed how active the online community is on live compared to the online on the PS3. It just seems there is sooo many more people on live than on the PS3. Not to mention I couldn't hardly ever find people with mics and when I did it was usually little kids.(ughh) I can go on about the rant since it ticks me off that I wasted my time with this system, but now that I got a 360 what games do you guys recommend? I already bought ODST, Far Cry 2, and Left 4 dead..but I just got my payed and was wanting to buy another game..thanks alot:)

rpawloski2458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rpawloski2458
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts

Halo 3 of course, either Gears of War game, Fable 2 if you like RPG's and definitely Mass Effect.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Why do I always see low lvl 3s and 4s and 5s posting this and its always the same thing lol... :3 ps3 and 360 has forums ya know with recommendations for them...

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Trying to make a parody of people that do the opposite?:lol:

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rattler1990

I LOVE gummy bears!

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
If you think kids on mics are bad on ps3 then youre in for a shock with the 360. People even post youtube videos of it.
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

I LOVE gummy bears!

rattler1990
HOORAY!!! :3 *shares some wif u :3* ENJOY ma friend :3 BUT THE RED ONES ARE MINE :3
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Why sell a system for another if you don't even know what you want to buy for your new one?

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

Why on earth would you sell a PS3 when it's began to pick up steam?

Especially then to buy an Xbox which quite frankly is so cheap, im sure a system Wars warrior would have bought you one.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rattler1990

thanks..I got ODST so I don't want to buy halo 3 on a separate disc..lol..as for Mass Effect..I'm not really into RPG's( I should have said that in my first post)

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Halo and gears and......... erm someone help me out

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rattler1990

ohhh hahah believe me I know(I've played 360 a few times on my friend's console)..both systems have them but at least I will finally get people that will talk all the time...so odds are I will get adult people talking as much as the kids compared to a few people talking on the ps3

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Why do you ask what games to get? Get games you like yourself and not what other tell you to get. If you get a console you should know this on your own.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#15 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I never understood people selling one system for another (unless it is between generations), but this one makes even less sense. Why sell a PS3 when it is just getting all its quality titles :?

But, I guess if I were to answer your question honestly, the Gears of War series is solid, Halo is a fan favourite, Fable is good for RPG lovers, Forza 3 if you are into racers and/or Mass Effect if you are into sci-fi or a game with good storytelling

T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Dead Rising, Crackdown, Gears of War, L4D, Prey, Liberty City Stories, Condemned, and any of your favorite multiplats. Off the top of my head. These have been some of my favorite games so far.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rattler1990

I sold it because none of my friend's had a PS3 and I didn't enjoy the system as what I thought I would. All my friends' own 360's so after playing that I was convinced that was the system that did cater to my needs.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rattler1990

thank you to all that are recommending games! I think I might try to get Forza 3 or Gears since I have been reading good things about them two games...but any others are welcome to be added to

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

Trying to make a parody of people that do the opposite?:lol:

RadecSupreme
Why is it so unbelievable that someone would sell a PS3 for a 360? I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean other people don't.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

I sold it because none of my friend's had a PS3 and I didn't enjoy the system as what I thought I would. All my friends' own 360's so after playing that I was convinced that was the system that did cater to my needs.

rattler1990
That's completely understandable, but I would still keep my PS3... I mean, you will never get Uncharted 2, God of War III, GT5, or any of that now.
LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
Classic Fake Thread
Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

I just sold my PS3 and got me a XBOX 360 becausemy PS3didn't cater to my needs. I mean I used it as a Blue Ray player and all...even played a few games on it.. I did enjoy MGS4,Resistance, and a few multiplates(which I have seenthey seem tolook better on the 360...I'm aware of this since I have friends that have 360 and I played games with them on it and really noticed the difference)I am a huge online player and noticed how active the online community is on live compared to the online on the PS3. It just seems there is sooo many more people on live than on the PS3. Not to mention I couldn't hardly ever find people with mics and when I did it was usually little kids.(ughh) I can go on about the rant since it ticks me off that I wasted my time with this system, but now that I got a 360 what games do you guys recommend? I already bought ODST, Far Cry 2, and Left 4 dead..but I just got my payed and was wanting to buy another game..thanks alot:)

rattler1990

Ok you have some important stops to make so listen up: first of all get in your car and drive to your Doctor and have him give you a thorough physical, for selling the most powerful game console on the planet in order to get the most defective one on the planet.

Next stop by the UPS store and open an account with them since you'll be shipping your 360 back to Microsoft about 5 or 6 times a year.

Then go to your bank and make sure you give them the ok for Microsoft to take $50.00 a year out of your account for Xbox Live.

Finally go to your local game store and spend $100 on a 360 Wi-Fi connector and $20.00 on a controller charge pack.

Then go home and enjoy your new console for 2 days until you see the pretty flashing red lights... Oh and your right you will hear alot more people when you log in to Live, please say hi for me to all those non stop talking wise cracking 9 and 10 year olds that talk poop throughout the whole game.....Enjoy.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rattler1990
@ lookand
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#26 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
[QUOTE="Knight-of-NINE"]

[QUOTE="rattler1990"]

Ok you have some important stops to make so listen up: first of all get in your car and drive to your Doctor and have him give you a thorough physical, for selling the most powerful game console on the planet in order to get the most defective one on the planet.

Next stop by the UPS store and open an account with them since you'll be shipping your 360 back to Microsoft about 5 or 6 times a year.

Then go to your bank and make sure you give them the ok for Microsoft to take $50.00 a year out of your account for Xbox Live.

Finally go to your local game store and spend $100 on a 360 Wi-Fi connector and $20.00 on a controller charge pack.

Then go home and enjoy your new console for 2 days until you see the pretty flashing red lights... Oh and your right you will hear alot more people when you log in to Live, please say hi for me to all those non stop talking wise cracking 9 and 10 year olds that talk poop throughout the whole game.....Enjoy.

You done? Glad to get it out of your system?
rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rattler1990
@lookand ...dude if all your going to do is put FALSE statements up and NOT recommend games...than all I can say is gtfo.That can't be a hard concept to understand? I wanted people to recommend games and not put ignorant comments @ knight.... The same goes for you. How come all my friends are still one there first console than? They never had the RROD on their console...and if you are going to talk about hardware failures than I guess I don't need to remind you of the DISC ERROR for the ps3.. can we honestly get back on topic please? sorry for my rudeness but I wanted people to recommend games and not put insults up
Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="rattler1990"]

GodofBigMacs

That's completely understandable, but I would still keep my PS3... I mean, you will never get Uncharted 2, God of War III, GT5, or any of that now.

All three games are forgettable ...

Still ... he shouldn't have sold the Trey. Heavy Rain is looking to be unique

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

After reading your post, You deserve a 360 let them nickle and dime you for everything you got... seriously. Get Last Remnant great game.

rattler1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rattler1990
once again I appreciate the people who are recommending games...but dang is my spelling horrible tonight lol
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts
"I just sold my PS3 and got me a XBOX 360 becausemy PS3didn't cater to my needs." rattler1990 quote of the year?
Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Knight-of-NINE
[QUOTE="rattler1990"]@lookand ...dude if all your going to do is put FALSE statements up and NOT recommend games...than all I can say is gtfo.That can't be a hard concept to understand? I wanted people to recommend games and not put ignorant comments @ knight.... The same goes for you. How come all my friends are still one there first console than? They never had the RROD on their console...and if you are going to talk about hardware failures than I guess I don't need to remind you of the DISC ERROR for the ps3.. can we honestly get back on topic please? sorry for my rudeness but I wanted people to recommend games and not put insults up

Fair Enough, i'll recommend games, here ya go: Killzone 2 Metal Gear Solid 4 Ratchet and Clank: T.o.D. / A Crack in Time Uncharted 2 Demons Souls Infamous Little Big Planet Resistance 1 & 2 Warhawk Motorstorm 1 & 2 MLB 09 - 10 The Show Coming soon: Heavy Rain, MAG, White Knight Chronicles, GOD of WAR 3 Getting the hint you didn't switch because you wanted to, you switched because your friends have a 360, what next ya' gonna' follow them off the brooklyn bridge ? C'mon man i know i'm coming off as a sarcastic jerk, but i'm trying to help you, ya made the wrong move, your going to miss out on some of the best games ever made, go back man, before you waste your money on 360 Games, Wi-Fi, Live account, and charge packs. PS3 is going to dominate from now on and your gonna' miss it.
furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

Why would you do that?

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
Good choice to sell the PS3 for the superior 360......here is some good games for the 360: 1)Gears 1 & 2 2)Kameo 3)Ninja Gaiden 2 4)Ninja Blade....awesome 5)Project Gotham Racing 3,4 6)FORZA 3.....The best racing game. 7)Rigde Racer 6 8)Lost Planet 9)Ace Combat 6 10)Mass Effect 11)Blue Dragon...just awesome 12)Too Human 13)Infinity Andiscovery 14)Fable 2 15)Fallout 3.....a lot better on the 360 16)N3 17)Conan 18)Banjo Kazouie N&B......just awesome 19)Prey 20)Quake 4 21)Far Cry Predator 22)Unreal Tournament 3 23)Chost Reacon 24)HALO 3 25)HALO ODST 26)Frontlines :Fuel of war ..................................................and don't forget that all the multiplat games look and play better on the 360.Have fun and welcome to the 360 family.
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

wow.

It's usuall some dude "Selling there Xbox360 and getting a PS3" threads on System Wars.

Well to answer your question TC.

The Xbox360 has a load of games and it's library is bigger with well known, popularand high rated games.

Halo series

Gears of Wars

Mass Effect

Forza

Left 4 Dead

PGR

Crackdown

Fable

and it does very well on the Multiplatform front as well so you generally can't go wrong.

GTA4 -with substantial DLC usually first on the Xbox360 over the PS3

Fallout 3- a great game with all DLC available now

as well as a slew of Xboxlive games

There are also more games coming out Alan Wake, Fable3, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach.

Project Natal to add some more functionality for menu navigation, voice recognition and game interaction as Microsoft will dedicate a whole SKU around it next year.

However in my opinion if you are not financially strapped and it's not crucial Iwouldn't sell your other consoles.

I have all the consoles and I am pretty much covered if so I don't miss out on any games I want to get.

Sometimes there maybe a bit of a dry spell on one console I have others to to play on and I have more choice in choosing which version is the better one for me.

Ultimately Multiconsoles is the best way to go and the prices of consoles I reckon should keep dropping in the future.

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Knight-of-NINE
[QUOTE="Panosola"]Good choice to sell the PS3 for the superior 360......here is some good games for the 360: 1)Gears 1 & 2 2)Kameo 3)Ninja Gaiden 2 4)Ninja Blade....awesome 5)Project Gotham Racing 3,4 6)FORZA 3.....The best racing game. 7)Rigde Racer 6 8)Lost Planet 9)Ace Combat 6 10)Mass Effect 11)Blue Dragon...just awesome 12)Too Human 13)Infinity Andiscovery 14)Fable 2 15)Fallout 3.....a lot better on the 360 16)N3 17)Conan 18)Banjo Kazouie N&B......just awesome 19)Prey 20)Quake 4 21)Far Cry Predator 22)Unreal Tournament 3 23)Chost Reacon 24)HALO 3 25)HALO ODST 26)Frontlines :Fuel of war ..................................................and don't forget that all the multiplat games look and play better on the 360.Have fun and welcome to the 360 family.

LOL..... 2) Kameo terrible game, more for kids ages 8 to 12 than anything else 4) Ninja Gaiden games are both on PS3 and look better than 360 7) PS3 has Ridge Racer 7 and it looks and plays better than 360 15) Fallout 3 was patched works as good as 360 and now Fallout 3 G.O.T.Y. Edition is out and has all 5 DLC on one disk, which isn't possible on 360 DVD-9 17) Conan and 22) Unreal Tournament 3 are both on PS3 and look and play as good as 360 if not better Now look at what i've listed plus the PS3 exclusives i previously listed and tell me which exclusives are better.
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

rattler1990

Well, if all your friends have 360's, and you're a huge online player like you say, then maybe you made the right choice, although I definitely WOULD NOT have sold your PS3, I would have saved up for the 360, that way you'd have both, even if it took you a bit. The PS3 has a killer library man, and it's just going to get better.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#38 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Don't need Halo 3 if you have ODST -- that series has been more multiplayer than singleplayer focused since Halo 2, not necessarily to the benefit of the franchise in my eyes. Gears of War and its sequel are awesome games, and if you like online shooters you can't go wrong with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. If you like action-adventure, I'd also try out Assassin's Creed.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Halo 3 definitely. I'm a PC gamer, and imo Halo 3 is still the best online game to come out since CS 1.6

Gears of War, though I thought it was kinda meh without playing with friends

Kameo and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts (to support Rare :D )

Oh, and get Ikaruga off XBLA because that game is awesome.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Since you already got ODST i am not gonna recommened Halo 3 although if you get a good deal, pick it up! You could try Mass Effect and Fable II if your into RPGs, Forza 2 or Forza 3 if you like racing, sports games if your into them, I assume you got live so any good multiplayer games like BF:BC, BF 1943, crackdown, Gears of war 2, GTA IV EFLC, and any other games that appeal to you.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

After reading your post, You deserve a 360 let them nickle and dime you for everything you got... seriously. .

POPEYE1716
this^.. as for what games to get, go with dead rising its really cheap now
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

Its not hard to understand, My friend recently sold me his ps3 and he got a 360 instead.....too each their own!!

360 is a great console enjoy friend, defenitley get Gears of War2 and upcoming Left for Dead2

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]

After reading your post, You deserve a 360 let them nickle and dime you for everything you got... seriously. .

LP4EVA2005

this^.. as for what games to get, go with dead rising its really cheap now

O- and if him getting rid of ps3 hurts you so much I think you should get a life :roll:

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
Why would you sell a console for another if you don't even know what games are available?
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Why would you sell a console for another if you don't even know what games are available?WithoutGraceXII

That's.............a very good question. TC?

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

And don't forget the upcoming console exclusive for the 360......

1)L4D 2

2)Alan Wake

3)Mass Effect 2

4)Splinter Cell Conviction

5)Fable 3

6)Halo Reach

7)Gears of War 3

8.)Metro 2033

9)Crackdown 2

10)Painkiller:Resurrection

..........PLUS the 360 can play over 300 games from the old XBOX.The ps3 can't play the PS2 games.....SHAME.:roll:

The XBOX 360 it is simply the best game console.8)

lordlunch2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 lordlunch2
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts
Prototype and Batman Arkham Asylum are pretty awesome. Especially prototype if your into over the top action games its about as good as it gets.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

who the hell is going to notice the difference between multiplats? I never did when I had both. And none of my others friends have lol. Minut differences.

Anyways, I recommend Mass Effect, Forza 3, Gears of War. I would list more but those are the games that aren't on PS3.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

..........PLUS the 360 can play over 300 games from the old XBOX.The ps3 can't play the PS2 games.....SHAME.:roll:

The XBOX 360 it is simply the best game console.8)

Panosola

Mine can ;)

and no.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

lol.......suuurrrrreee w.e u say bud