Socom Confrontation Graphics are awesome (EDIT: ps blog interview added)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ps3Solider
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts

Topic:: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/03/inside-the-developers-studio-seth-luisi/

EDIT::: this screen shot is actualy from the sony blog.. Link is at the top. i will put some of the interview below:::

2. What did you do on this game that you couldn't do on another platform?
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation makes full use of the HDD in the PlayStation 3. One of the often overlooked advantages of the PS3 compared to competing platforms is that it contains a 2.5" serial ATA hard drive which allows us to use the Hard Disc Drive for extremely fast data access. Since we can count on the hard drive to be in every PS3 console, SOCOM Confrontation uses a very aggressive data streaming system which in turn allows for much greater detail in the game environments. For this reason alone, the level of detail which you will see in the environments and characters in SOCOM Confrontation is not possible on any other game console.

Take a quick look at the screenshots below for an early look at what we are able to achieve using the hard drive in the PS3. This is still pre-alpha and the quality will continue to improve as we get further into development.
3. What do you think is the coolest aspect of this game?
The environments are the real star in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. We are focusing a lot of effort on creating intricate and highly detailed urban environments. The amount of detail in the environment will help you to easily distinguish where you are in the level and the intricacy means that you are going to discover new areas and snipe points long after you thought you had the environment memorized.

The characters are also looking really good.

At the top of the post is an in-game screenshot of our Heavy Commando model. The skin shaders, cloth shaders, normal maps, and highly detailed textures allow us to have extremely realistic characters in the game. Again, this is a work in progress.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Crysis can't touch that red X!!
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ps3Solider

Topic

Ps3Solider

Im talking about the face.. i think the rest of the environment needs work to actually be Crysis-like.. but remember guys this game has been in development for 6 months!!!!

LuvGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LuvGaming
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts
Socom looks great but compared to Crysis? Get real son.
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ps3Solider

Crysis can't touch that red X!!Bansheesdie

I dont get it? I know it aint crysis all-around in graphics.. but the facial texture def is on crysis level.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Crysis can't touch that red X!!Bansheesdie
Its so beautiful.:o
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ps3Solider

Socom looks great but compared to Crysis? Get real son.LuvGaming

Hey the game has been in dev for 6 months. we dont know how the end product would look. and i mean the face texture are at crysis level. i know all-around it aint crysis level though.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bansheesdie

[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]Crysis can't touch that red X!!Ps3Solider

I dont get it? I know it aint crysis all-around in graphics.. but the facial texture def is on crysis level.

O.o I don't see the picture, I get a red X.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

i can't see the pic. :cry:

EDIT: Never mind i see it and i just wish i've haven't :cry:

Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ps3Solider
[QUOTE="Ps3Solider"]

[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]Crysis can't touch that red X!!Bansheesdie

O.o I don't see the picture, I get a red X.

thats odd. i put up a link now so if you still dont see the pic then check out the link.

sorry bout that man.

PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PDark_Prodigy
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
I see what you are saying about the face compared to the face of the guy from crysis. It isn't far off but its still not Crysis. Idk what it is but Crysis is harder to tell its a video game character.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread...
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bansheesdie
I see it now, and that is a very nice looking face. Other then the face though...not so much.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Looks ok.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Seriously I thought you were showing off a PSP game at first. o.o
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ps3Solider

I see it now, and that is a very nice looking face. Other then the face though...not so much.Bansheesdie

I agree with you that all-around it aint THAT great. but lets remember 6 months of dev and they got to this point.

I think when it releases it will look as good as any true next-gen game

Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ps3Solider

I see what you are saying about the face compared to the face of the guy from crysis. It isn't far off but its still not Crysis. Idk what it is but Crysis is harder to tell its a video game character.PDark_Prodigy

yup i really mean the face. but im hoping they improve on everything from the cloths to the environment.. ( =

DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
that doesnt look very good at all, im sry but the textures are very low res, and the models aint too great either.
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
it looks pretty good but crysis good? no just no......
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts
the socom games were never hyped because of the gfx...infact they suck... real bad (FTB1/2 isnt bad looking since they are on the psp) but socom was the series that got me hooked on online shooters....i dont play them anymoreother then ftb2, but i hope this next one for ps3 kicks ace
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
It almost looks as good as the GeoW faces. Can't touch Crysis.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Tall order for a console to compete against a PC considering the hardware limitations inherit with the consoles.
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
lol, nothing from that shot looks even close to anything from crysis
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ps3Solider

Ok guys. you clearly misunderstood. thus i took it off the topic. i meant the facial texture of crysis-level and you can deny that even if you want to. i added the real source of info, its from the ps blog.

I also added some of what the dev had to say about his game.

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

Sorry TC, but the facial features in Socom ARE NOT CRYSIS LEVEL.

Compared to this, Socom's faces are a blurry mess.

GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreasyFetus69
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
What are u guys talking about this game comes no where near Crysis level, I think they are onlymediocre and arn't that impressive, have u seen the trailer? GRAW 2 looks better in my opinion. And did u see the unatural stupid looking crouch walking movements? u guys are on something!
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ps3Solider

Hot_Potato

Unless you have a screen shot thats in-game instead of a head floading around.. i wont believe it. now i know crysis facees are going to look REALLY GOOD (probably the best around) but that pic looks 2good for in-game while im playing the actual game....

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
It almost looks as good as the GeoW faces. Can't touch Crysis.baddog121390
That's no way near Gears faces.
Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ps3Solider

What are u guys talking about this game comes no where near Crysis level, I think they are onlymediocre and arn't that impressive, have u seen the trailer? GRAW 2 looks better in my opinion. And did u see the unatural stupid looking crouch walking movements? u guys are on something!GreasyFetus69

this is a downloadable title you do know that. on top of that its been in dev for 6 months... i think for them to pull that off for a downloadable title in six months is pretty damn good. wait till its full release which it will look better no doubt bout that, to make final judgment bout the game..

GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreasyFetus69

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"]What are u guys talking about this game comes no where near Crysis level, I think they are onlymediocre and arn't that impressive, have u seen the trailer? GRAW 2 looks better in my opinion. And did u see the unatural stupid looking crouch walking movements? u guys are on something!Ps3Solider

this is a downloadable title you do know that. on top of that its been in dev for 6 months... i think for them to pull that off for a downloadable title in six months is pretty damn good. wait till its full release which it will look better no doubt bout that, to make final judgment bout the game..

Yea ur right this is pretty good for six months and just being a downloadable game, looks better than Warhawk. But the thing is it comes out early this Fall, so dont expect major improvements. Its not that the graphics are bad in that screenshot, but what I remember from the month oldrecent they werent that impressive, but they will probably improve before release, especially if they did THIS in 6 months, so like 3 more months and that will do it.
GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GreasyFetus69
[QUOTE="Ps3Solider"]

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"]What are u guys talking about this game comes no where near Crysis level, I think they are onlymediocre and arn't that impressive, have u seen the trailer? GRAW 2 looks better in my opinion. And did u see the unatural stupid looking crouch walking movements? u guys are on something!GreasyFetus69

Yea ur right this is pretty good for six months and just being a downloadable game, looks better than Warhawk. But the thing is it comes out early this Fall, so dont expect major improvements. Its not that the graphics are bad in that screenshot, but what I remember from the recenttrailerthey werent that impressive, but they will probably improve before release, especially if they did THIS in 6 months, so like 3 more months and that will do it.

Ps3Solider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ps3Solider
[QUOTE="Ps3Solider"]

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"]What are u guys talking about this game comes no where near Crysis level, I think they are onlymediocre and arn't that impressive, have u seen the trailer? GRAW 2 looks better in my opinion. And did u see the unatural stupid looking crouch walking movements? u guys are on something!GreasyFetus69

Yea ur right this is pretty good for six months and just being a downloadable game, looks better than Warhawk. But the thing is it comes out early this Fall, so dont expect major improvements. Its not that the graphics are bad in that screenshot, but what I remember from the month oldrecent they werent that impressive, but they will probably improve before release, especially if they did THIS in 6 months, so like 3 more months and that will do it.

agreed. they are preparing for an e3-build.. so we will find out then if the game is actually going to look drastically better. i think it will look perfect for a game that is only multiplayer and a downloadable.

games like warhawk and confrontation aren't about showing graphics but FUN multiplayer only's.

mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
Wow! That does look great. but I don't believe it since it's a sony game...they've been known to lie. But if they pull it off...WOW!
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="Hot_Potato"]

Ps3Solider

Unless you have a screen shot thats in-game instead of a head floading around.. i wont believe it. now i know crysis facees are going to look REALLY GOOD (probably the best around) but that pic looks 2good for in-game while im playing the actual game....

It is real. In fact it looks better now since this screen is a year old.