So what is really is the Halo2 & 3 killer?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THE_PREZIDENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 THE_PREZIDENT
Member since 2005 • 2067 Posts
Is sony aiming to kill halo from the xbox with its game? I find it weird how long they took. Can we expect the halo2 killer in 2012 & the halo3 killer in 2017, maybe a halo wars killer in 2025. I'd also imagine M$ getting MGS4 on the xbox 10265 by then too.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
They can't.. kill Halo and they won't.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
Strangely the real Halo killer is on the same console the 360 and it is Gears of War. Its like a horror movie when theres not just one killer if you know what I mean. :P
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts
The only thing that will "kill" Halo is time. Slowly, the community will come to a halt, and then the game will be no more. Halo 2 is already dead in fact.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
I'm sure Halo fans think Halo 1 kills its sequels.
PokerPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PokerPirate
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts
Halo is like the WoW of FPS, only it can kill itself...
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Trigger_Hppy
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

I'm sure Halo fans think Halo 1 kills its sequels.aliblabla2007

Single player? Arguably, though thats probably nostalgia talking more than anything. But legions of fans that sink hours into Halo 3's multiplayer beg to differ.

-Divinity-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Divinity-
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

1. Must be an exclusive (rules out Orange Box and COD4)

2. on a competitors console (a Nintendo or Sony exclusive).

3. Must be a fps

4. Must outsell the highest selling Halo (9 million 4 halo 3 and counting)

5. Must beat Halo on metacritic.com

No other fps in existence meets all 5 requirements.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#9 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts
I'm sure Halo fans think Halo 1 kills its sequels.aliblabla2007
Which would be an incorrect assumption considering, in my opinion, Halo 2 is the best game of the series in nearly every aspect, except the graphics of course in comparison to Halo 3. And for the record, I'm a "huge" Halo junkie. :P
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Halo will be a strong title dont matter what, but many games have dominated its single player and COD4 beats its online. If you want exclusive games for the PS3 which looks like you are targeting, then nothing kills it but Killzone 2 looks promising but not sure if it will measure up on all fronts.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
The only thing that can kill halo is itself. some proclaim KZ2 to be the "halo killer" though i cant fathom how a ps3 exclusive can "kill" a 360 exclusive. the 360 will be unharmed by kz2, but may kill halo themselves by abusing the halo name and making more of them, even though they dont follow the main storyline.
BetaRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BetaRay
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts
Halo will be a strong title dont matter what, but many games have dominated its single player and COD4 beats its online. If you want exclusive games for the PS3 which looks like you are targeting, then nothing kills it but Killzone 2 looks promising but not sure if it will measure up on all fronts.wooooode
Halo 3 is better then COD 4 is both single and multiplayer
-Divinity-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Divinity-
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

[QUOTE="wooooode"]Halo will be a strong title dont matter what, but many games have dominated its single player and COD4 beats its online. If you want exclusive games for the PS3 which looks like you are targeting, then nothing kills it but Killzone 2 looks promising but not sure if it will measure up on all fronts.BetaRay

many will disagree here, but they are all a VOCAL MINORITY.

In reality, outside the confines of the internet holy battlegorunds that is the forums, your right.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Halo is like God. Some embrace it, some deny it, but no one can ever kill it.
W1ckedGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 W1ckedGo0se
Member since 2008 • 1246 Posts
Halo 2 was a great game... Halo 3 just lived off of Halo 2 thrill... Halo 3 really was nothing special to me. Anyway, I think Resistance 2 already beat them both... 60 player online with almost no lag... Zero modders.... Zero Standbyers... Resistance 2 is Win...
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts
i never understand, a exclusive can never kill an exclusive on anotehr system unless the system is like a flop
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts
How can anything kill Halo 3 when it was the most active XBL game in both 07 and 08?
BetaRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BetaRay

[QUOTE="BetaRay"][QUOTE="wooooode"]Halo will be a strong title dont matter what, but many games have dominated its single player and COD4 beats its online. If you want exclusive games for the PS3 which looks like you are targeting, then nothing kills it but Killzone 2 looks promising but not sure if it will measure up on all fronts.-Divinity-

many will disagree here, but they are all a VOCAL MINORITY.

In reality, outside the confines of the internet holy battlegorunds that is the forums, your right.

Single player is a no contest Multiplayer, H3 has so many more options and game types and Bungie supports the crap out of it , its just overall more fun then that unbalanced frag fest COD4
Avatar image for beastofeast1416
beastofeast1416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 beastofeast1416
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
the only reason halo has done so well is halo 1, it was the first shooter that got multiplayer down, but now there are shooters that are better, they just dont receive the fame bcuz it doesnt have halo in the title, right now r2 should be the king of online fps bcuz its bigger and better, my opinion but u cant really argue with 60 player online and 8 player co op which is insane
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
The only thing that can kill halo is itself. some proclaim KZ2 to be the "halo killer" though i cant fathom how a ps3 exclusive can "kill" a 360 exclusive. the 360 will be unharmed by kz2, but may kill halo themselves by abusing the halo name and making more of them, even though they dont follow the main storyline.ChiSoxBombers
The original Killzone was originally hyped as the "Halo Killer" by copious amounts of SW forumites. I can remember seeing every other thread in this forum being Killzone related in '03 when the game was announced. When the game flopped as being a far inferior product, Halo's reinforced it's niche in the market. Probably why we seen nearly the hype for Killzone 2 as I did then. I think it takes balls for anyone to officially hype any game as being a Halo Killer.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
Halo 4
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
the only reason halo has done so well is halo 1, it was the first shooter that got multiplayer down, but now there are shooters that are better, they just dont receive the fame bcuz it doesnt have halo in the title, right now r2 should be the king of online fps bcuz its bigger and better, my opinion but u cant really argue with 60 player online and 8 player co op which is insanebeastofeast1416
Um I don't consider that better. It is a nice stat sheet though.
Avatar image for beastofeast1416
beastofeast1416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 beastofeast1416
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
[QUOTE="beastofeast1416"]the only reason halo has done so well is halo 1, it was the first shooter that got multiplayer down, but now there are shooters that are better, they just dont receive the fame bcuz it doesnt have halo in the title, right now r2 should be the king of online fps bcuz its bigger and better, my opinion but u cant really argue with 60 player online and 8 player co op which is insanetoo_much_eslim

play it and u might realize its a great game, but ur opinion is probably biased so anything on the ps3 "sucks" compared to something as "amazing" as a similar if not worse 360 game like halo.
Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts
halo 3 wasn't that great especially compared to 2, and that was an xbox game not 360
Cellpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cellpwn
Member since 2007 • 1052 Posts
Halo:CE is by far the best in the series in my book, and all though that may be a lot of nostalgia talking, Halo:CE was amazing at release. And it brought me some of the greatest lan games I've ever had.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
CS 1.6
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts
Well halo 2 committed suicide at launch. That game was like a 7 at best. The online was the only reason it scored well....3 was much better but nothing amazing. Really I dont think halo needs to be killed. Its not the best fps out there
Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts

Well halo 2 committed suicide at launch. That game was like a 7 at best. The online was the only reason it scored well....3 was much better but nothing amazing. Really I dont think halo needs to be killed. Its not the best fps out there blues35301

it had the best mechanics like sensitivity and such, other games sensitivity is a game breaker for me

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#30 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

1. Must be an exclusive (rules out Orange Box and COD4)

2. on a competitors console (a Nintendo or Sony exclusive).

3. Must be a fps

4. Must outsell the highest selling Halo (9 million 4 halo 3 and counting)

5. Must beat Halo on metacritic.com

No other fps in existence meets all 5 requirements.

-Divinity-

Wouldn't #1 disqualify msot of Halo?

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

[QUOTE="blues35301"]Well halo 2 committed suicide at launch. That game was like a 7 at best. The online was the only reason it scored well....3 was much better but nothing amazing. Really I dont think halo needs to be killed. Its not the best fps out there All_that_is_Man

it had the best mechanics like sensitivity and such, other games sensitivity is a game breaker for me

I think cod games have the PERFECT control sensitivity and fluidity for a console fps game.
ahmedkandil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ahmedkandil
Member since 2004 • 2328 Posts
Strangely the real Halo killer is on the same console the 360 and it is Gears of War. Its like a horror movie when theres not just one killer if you know what I mean. :PnVidiaGaMer
QFT! Gears is miles better than halo.
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

the only reason halo has done so well is halo 1, it was the first shooter that got multiplayer down, but now there are shooters that are better, they just dont receive the fame bcuz it doesnt have halo in the title, right now r2 should be the king of online fps bcuz its bigger and better, my opinion but u cant really argue with 60 player online and 8 player co op which is insanebeastofeast1416

In the 5+ hours I've spent playing R2 online the most people playing in a match was around 40 due to the lack of people playing this game. And also, more doesn't mean better. Imo, R2 online is messy and unorganized. It's still fun, but I prefer Halo 3's

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="beastofeast1416"]the only reason halo has done so well is halo 1, it was the first shooter that got multiplayer down, but now there are shooters that are better, they just dont receive the fame bcuz it doesnt have halo in the title, right now r2 should be the king of online fps bcuz its bigger and better, my opinion but u cant really argue with 60 player online and 8 player co op which is insanebeastofeast1416

play it and u might realize its a great game, but ur opinion is probably biased so anything on the ps3 "sucks" compared to something as "amazing" as a similar if not worse 360 game like halo.

where did all this bitterness come from. i didn't like the original. which had 40 so I already know I am not going to like 60 players. I don't like games with that many players. The 32 is max I will go and that is pushing it.
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts
Halo is like the WoW of FPS, only it can kill itself...PokerPirate
couldnt of said it better!! :lol:
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts
quantity doesnt beat quality. Halos scored higher, sold more and won more awards.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
The 'Halo Killer' has been out for a while now - it's called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
People will argue X console shooter is better. There isnt.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
cod4 is better in some ways online. but halo 1 and 3's campaign on co op is still one of the better on consoles. i still find myself going back to halo 3 online sometimes though.
BetaRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BetaRay
The 'Halo Killer' has been out for a while now - it's called Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare...67gt500
Right...despite the fact that Halo 3 has a way better single player and its multiplayer is 10x better then that unbalanced frag fest piece of crap COD4 And people still play Halo 3 while COD players moved on to that 60 dollar mod called World at War Actually scratch that people still do play COD4 its just now more folks are playing WAW Regardless Halo 3 beats both hands down
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

Is sony aiming to kill halo from the xbox with its game? I find it weird how long they took. Can we expect the halo2 killer in 2012 & the halo3 killer in 2017, maybe a halo wars killer in 2025. I'd also imagine M$ getting MGS4 on the xbox 10265 by then too.THE_PREZIDENT

No game is like Halo, so you can neverhave a halo killer

It is the gameplay that sets it apart of anything else, the vehicles, controls etc, nothing is as fun to play, that is all

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?
vlens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vlens
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

halo:ce will never be killed! It's a classic like gta III, half-life, metroid prime, OOT, mario 64, starcraft, metal gear solid ...

Why is halo the game that has to have a 'killer'? It won't dissapear once a game comes out that's considered better!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Halo 2 was a great game... Halo 3 just lived off of Halo 2 thrill... Halo 3 really was nothing special to me. Anyway, I think Resistance 2 already beat them both... 60 player online with almost no lag... Zero modders.... Zero Standbyers... Resistance 2 is Win...W1ckedGo0se
no lag on halo 3 no standbyers no modders Halo 3 is far far far more balanced than Halo 2 and far more robust than any other console game in terms of features and actual community gaming.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp
What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?killerfist
that "one game" is coming out so now it's suddenly take pot shots at halo week :P
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"]What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?jg4xchamp
that "one game" is coming out so now it's suddenly take pot shots at halo week :P

yeah i know, but its stupid to fill SW with threads concerning a 'halo-killer' title... i think everyone should understand that the Halo series is a very successful series and thats it... there is no need for other systems to have the so called Halo killer title...

I think there have been many great fps titles out in the past 2 yrs which were as good and fun as Halo 3... COD4, COD:WAW, R1 & R2 and many others... am not saying which is the best cause its a matter of taste but surely all of them were amazing titles in their own way...

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"]What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?jg4xchamp

So what's the deal? Are people scared?:? Also: what exactly IS a "halo killer"? plz answer champ, I'm confused:cry:
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="killerfist"]What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?Malta_1980

yeah i know, but its stupid to fill SW with threads concerning a 'halo-killer' title... i think everyone should understand that the Halo series is a very successful series and thats it... there is no need for other systems to have the so called Halo killer title...

I think there have been many great fps titles out in the past 2 yrs which were as good and fun as Halo 3... COD4, COD:WAW, R1 & R2 and many others... am not saying which is the best cause its a matter of taste but surely all of them were amazing titles in their own way...

agreed I have logged in good hours in all 3 franchises this gen(Halo 3, COD 4, and Resistance 2...screw R1 and WAW :P)....its been great all around Halo is better :P....jk
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts
Like an Eagle in flight - Halo can't be killed as it will always hover way above the Kill Zone too. !!! :twisted:
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="killerfist"]What's with the "Halo killer" talk all of the sudden anyway?killerfist

So what's the deal? Are people scared?:? Also: what exactly IS a "halo killer"? plz answer champ, I'm confused:cry:

it's a person who hides in the darkness...stalks its prey(Halo videogames)...and stabs it in an attempt to kill it

But this killer doesn't use a knife or anything practical....this killer uses....a very,very,very,very sharp twig :o

i know it scares me as well