So was Fable 3 worse then Fable 2 and if so how could they do things worse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZarbonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZarbonX
Member since 2010 • 356 Posts

I heard it was worse than Fable 2 from GS how the heck could that be possible fable 2 scored higher then 3 in everyway when this is newer and had more dev time in it then the 2nd one? should i even bother to buy this if i have 2?

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Sometimes sequels don't score as well as the previous game.

God of War 3 scored lower than God of War 2.
Gran Turismo 4 scored lower than Gran Turismo 3.

They were newer and had more dev time than the previous games.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

if you liked fable 2, definitely get fable 3.

while i would say fable 2 was probably a better experience... fable 3 is much larger and there is alot more to do.

the reason i think it scored lower is they seemingly did nothing to fix the glitches from the previous game, and they toned down the rpg elements... the main story is also alot less compelling. But the game world and side quests have all been vastly improved.... i still found the game to be just as fun and charming as ever.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Im sure Fable3 is better but the improvements are probably not enough for 2010 standards.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

So far? no i'm quite a bit in about 1 day worth of play time and its the superior game...but we will see Fable 2 didn't get bad till half way through and its boss and endings.

Avatar image for abd_alazeez2002
abd_alazeez2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abd_alazeez2002
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
because some games do more the same same fighting mechanism and gameplay but different place this include fallout new vegas
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Fable 3 is definitly better than Fable 2 but still not a touch on the first fable and personally i would have proffered a more traditional inventory interface in Fable 3, the new map is a nice touch though
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

From what I hear, there are some very major glitches in the game. I've heard the combat is a bit more simplistic as well, but others have said it is the same as Fable 2. I haven't bought Fable 3 yet, but I can't wait. Hopefully the glitches have been patched by the time I buy it, but regardless, I'm sure I'll love it like the past games.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Fable 3 is basically Fable 2.5 but it is the better game because of the 2nd half's gameplay mechanics and the ending while still not great was a great deal better then 2's. The gameplay for the most part is almost the same with a few tweaks here and there.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

It's not so much that it's worse. It's more that it didn't really do anything different.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Fable 2 was a bunch of mini games. I'm sure Fable 3 is too.
sqicychiqotles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 sqicychiqotles
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

I'm only about an hour into the game so don't take what I'm saying to seriously. The first thing that really bugs me is the expressions. While i knew that Peter was implementing the new touch system i didn't know that it would completely destroy almost everything good about expressions. For one the wheel is gone, you now have a good emote and a bad one which change as you gain more followers (xp). Now in fable 1 and 2 you started out with a few and could use any of them with a click of button now you have to target one person (yes one person at a time) hold down a or x for like 5 secs then repeat over and over again. The new menu (Sanctuary) is great and it takes about 2 seconds to go from game to menu.