So uh...about this board.

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

It's so.... barren. :?

I mean, I understand how everyone's busy with teh greatest game ever made, but can't they do me a solid and stick around until after I get it?

Or at least, take shifts? As in, one group posts, and another group plays, and then they switch up. :lol:

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Well I'll be your friend. I don't like GTA.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MoldOnHold
Well I'll be your friend. I don't like GTA.goblaa
Nice... how ya doin' goblaa?
Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Well I'll be your friend. I don't like GTA.MoldOnHold

im letting my ps3 cool off from 12 hours of playing ;)

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Well I'll be your friend. I don't like GTA.MoldOnHold

Tired, but I'm gonna play some contra tonight on my wii with my new awesome clasic controller i got today.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

^that is sweet

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MoldOnHold

[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Well I'll be your friend. I don't like GTA.wdave92

im letting my ps3 cool off from 12 hours of playing ;)

12 hours?! That's pretty beast. If you had a 360, like me, it would've probably gotten the RROD by then. :P
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

That's a great controller.

I'm not much into GTA either. I'm watching my sibling struggle with Okami for Wii. They're terrible at it. But whatever. As long as they has fun, I suppose...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'm still here... that is until I decide to go and play some Metroid or The Neverhood.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I don't have a PS3 or a 360. I'll be around for awhile... until I get bored and go to The Board...
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MoldOnHold

I'm still here... that is until I decide to go and play some Metroid or The Neverhood.foxhound_fox
Always good to have you on board foxhound.

Question: how many times have you played/beaten Metroid by now? :o

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I'm here whenever I'm not playing Mario Kart or Pokemon.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MoldOnHold
I don't have a PS3 or a 360. I'll be around for awhile... until I get bored and go to The Board...SmashBrosLegend
"The Board"? What exactly is The Board?
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]I don't have a PS3 or a 360. I'll be around for awhile... until I get bored and go to The Board...MoldOnHold

I don't know if this counts as advertising or not, but if you're interested check my sig, foxhound's sig, or my blog.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxhound_fox
Always good to have you on board foxhound.

MoldOnHold

None. It is one of the toughest games I've played in my life and I've never had enough patience to finish it. I think I might be able to do it this time but it might start pushing it if it gets any harder... and I'm still only in Kraid right now.

But Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion on the other hand... well, I've beaten them a few times more... SM I lost count after 30, ZM has been at least 15 and Fusion probably about 8-10. The three Prime's collectively I've beaten I think about five times.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]I don't have a PS3 or a 360. I'll be around for awhile... until I get bored and go to The Board...SmashBrosLegend

I don't know if this counts as advertising or not, but if you're interested check my sig, foxhound's sig, or my blog.

Registered. :D
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Im around. I just finished playing some mario kart wii online.
kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
I never had interest in GTA, but now I want it so bad..just need a PS3.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]Always good to have you on board foxhound.

foxhound_fox

None. It is one of the toughest games I've played in my life and I've never had enough patience to finish it. I think I might be able to do it this time but it might start pushing it if it gets any harder... and I'm still only in Kraid right now.

But Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion on the other hand... well, I've beaten them a few times more... SM I lost count after 30, ZM has been at least 15 and Fusion probably about 8-10. The three Prime's collectively I've beaten I think about five times.

Now that is dedication. I imagine SM is much more accessible than the original. I got it off the VC, and am pretty much lovin' it.

Never tried the original though. Your description is also a pretty good turn-off. :P

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I mean, I understand how everyone's busy with teh greatest game ever made, but can't they do me a solid and stick around until after I get it?

Or at least, take shifts? As in, one group posts, and another group plays, and then they switch up. :lol:

MoldOnHold

What! Everyone's playing Majora's Mask?

;)

I'm currently playing Romancing Saga, but I had to restart because The Trials of Elore are horribly difficult... and I want to get the evil ending. So right now I'm taking a break before I return to Mardias.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MoldOnHold

People! It's nice to see friends who haven't (yet) got into the GTA bandwagon.

I'd love to get the thing myself personally, but unfortunately SATs are holding me back.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Im about to start to play the game so I probably wont be on all night.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

I'd love to get the thing myself personally, but unfortunately SATs are holding me back.

MoldOnHold

I'm still here. :oops:

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MoldOnHold

Im about to start to play the game so I probably wont be on all night.web966
Be sure to give me some impressions. :P

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]

SSCyborg

I'm still here. :oops:

Good to see ya! :D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 foxhound_fox
Now that is dedication. I imagine SM is much more accessible than the original. I got it off the VC, and am pretty much lovin' it.

Never tried the original though. Your description is also a pretty good turn-off. :P

MoldOnHold

The major reason why I have so many play-throughs is because I practiced speed running the game two summers ago and when you practice speed running, you beat the game you are running a lot. Many times I would sit down and beat the game two or three times in a sitting for practice then go on to do a serious run to see if I can improve my time. I will probably try again this summer to beat my non-console any% time of 0:52.

The original is a pretty dated game but the general mechanics are there... they are just not as highly polished and fantastic as SM. It is fun but its tough, which I can see being a major turn-off. I am getting frustrated with the game already but am trying to persevere. I think I am probably going to have similar frustration issues with Metroid II if and when I finish the first one. The games just didn't age as well as SM.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I'm here. I don't have GTAIV. I've been playing Skies of Arcadia Legends.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#30 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

MoldOnHold
I haven't picked up Hot Shots Golf yet (getting it Friday), so this game (GTA4) will have to wait (about 2-3 weeks).
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MoldOnHold

I never tried speed-running through a game myself. There aren't many games out there that I genuinely love enough to go through over and over again in a short period of time. In fact, no matter how much I loved the original SMB, I never even finished it.

Furthermore, I can't stand how some games don't age well. For example, the original Prince of Persia was just very frustrating for me, but the problem is, the difficulty wasn't from the game itself... it was from the controls! The mechanics were there, but it just did not hold over several years later.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

I never tried speed-running through a game myself. There aren't many games out there that I genuinely love enough to go through over and over again in a short period of time. In fact, no matter how much I loved the original SMB, I never even finished it.

Furthermore, I can't stand how some games don't age well. For example, the original Prince of Persia was just very frustrating for me, but the problem is, the difficulty wasn't from the game itself... it was from the controls! The mechanics were there, but it just did not hold over several years later.

MoldOnHold

I tried to speedrun through Twilight Princess.

I realized that I was an idiot for trying.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendofreak_2

MoldOnHold
I've done Fire Emblem speed runs. :P
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

MoldOnHold

same for me when I played through TP and went back to OOT.

Man the movement felt clunky.

Everything else about the game aged well...but the controls feel rough around the edges.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MoldOnHold

I tried to speedrun through Twilight Princess.

I realized that I was an idiot for trying.

SSCyborg

:o

Something like that takes a lot of patience. And if you somehow mess up at around 40 hours in, you're pretty much boned.

I've done Fire Emblem speed runs. :Pnintendofreak_2
That takes even more patience. :P
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

MoldOnHold

After watching a SMB speed run I sat down and was able to beat it in quite a respectable time. I never actually timed it exactly but it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes. SMB is a pretty easy game to speed run... >_>

Super Metroid is probably one of, if not the best game to speed run because of all the glitches and exploits you can use to cut HUGE chunks of time off your final time. The world record is 0:32... which is absolutely insane for a game that normally without any glitches can take upwards of 2 hours to finish.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendofreak_2
That takes even more patience. :P
MoldOnHold
;) Less than you'd think.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MoldOnHold

same for me when I played through TP and went back to OOT.

Man the movement felt clunky.

Everything else about the game aged well...but the controls feel rough around the edges.

Shinobishyguy

I feel the same way about SSB after SSBB. :lol: And even SM64 after SMG. The list goes on and on.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]I never tried speed-running through a game myself. There aren't many games out there that I genuinely love enough to go through over and over again in a short period of time. In fact, no matter how much I loved the original SMB, I never even finished it.

foxhound_fox

After watching a SMB speed run I sat down and was able to beat it in quite a respectable time. I never actually timed it exactly but it couldn't have been more than 15 minutes. SMB is a pretty easy game to speed run... >_>

Super Metroid is probably one of, if not the best game to speed run because of all the glitches and exploits you can use to cut HUGE chunks of time off your final time. The world record is 0:32... which is absolutely insane for a game that normally without any glitches can take upwards of 2 hours to finish.

Speed running: serious business.

That is pretty crazy stuff. Sounds fun though. I guess I'll just be waiting a little longer for that one game that I'd love to play through over and over again.

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Moon_of_Majora
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]

nintendofreak_2

I've done Fire Emblem speed runs. :P

Awesome. But I bet it gets annoying when your characters die. :D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox
I feel the same way about SSB after SSBB. :lol: And even SM64 after SMG. The list goes on and on. MoldOnHold

Going back to Super Metroid after playing either Zero Mission or Fusion feels like an improvement. I don't think Gunpei Yokoi could have made the game any more polished than it is... >_>
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]That takes even more patience. :P
nintendofreak_2

Really? I heard the games are maddeningly difficult though.... and once you mess up, you mess up permanently.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MoldOnHold
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]I feel the same way about SSB after SSBB. :lol: And even SM64 after SMG. The list goes on and on. foxhound_fox

Going back to Super Metroid after playing either Zero Mission or Fusion feels like an improvement. I don't think Gunpei Yokoi could have made the game any more polished than it is... >_>

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", right? ;)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 foxhound_fox
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", right? ;)MoldOnHold

With Super Metroid it is more like: "if it is perfect, break it so you can have somewhere to go." I know I use hyperbole... but my fanaticism for SM is quite unmatched.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]That takes even more patience. :P
MoldOnHold

Really? I heard the games are maddeningly difficult though.... and once you mess up, you mess up permanently.

That's what the power button is for. :P

And the games aren't that hard. Radiant Dawn was, but none of the others were too bad on Normal difficulties.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#46 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I justed returned from playing GTA 4. I only played a couple hours. I have a bad cold, so I'll just watch TV instead.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

seeing as this thread has no official topic We're now going to discuss penguins.

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Moon_of_Majora

[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]That takes even more patience. :P
nintendofreak_2

And the games aren't that hard. Radiant Dawn was, but none of the others were too bad on Normal difficulties.

Have you done a speed run for Radiant Dawn? I could only imagine what'd it be like to finish as fast as possible while leveling up the Dawn Brigade...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]I never tried speed-running through a game myself. There aren't many games out there that I genuinely love enough to go through over and over again in a short period of time. In fact, no matter how much I loved the original SMB, I never even finished it.

MoldOnHold

Speed running: serious business.

That is pretty crazy stuff. Sounds fun though. I guess I'll just be waiting a little longer for that one game that I'd love to play through over and over again.

Meh ive sped ran mario countless of times my best was probably 4 and a half minutes

heres a link to one i filmed Linkerz

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MoldOnHold

[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", right? ;)foxhound_fox

With Super Metroid it is more like: "if it is perfect, break it so you can have somewhere to go." I know I use hyperbole... but my fanaticism for SM is quite unmatched.

:lol:

That's pretty cool man. Having an all-time favorite title and all.

[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]That takes even more patience. :P
nintendofreak_2

Hah, I think I may just try out Path to Radiance. To be honest, I wanted to get it after I played as Ike in Brawl, just to learn the story behind him. :P