So it seems Gears of War 3 failed to defeat Uncharted 2 score...

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

Lemmings said that Gears of War 3 will be the best exclusive this gen, defeating Uncharted 2

Unfortunately in MC, Gears of War 3 only scored 91 while Uncharted 2 scored 96

And forza only scored 8.5 here

So after Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 failed to defeat Uncharted 2, is there any 360 exclusives that can defeat Uncharted 2? considering there's no 360 exclusives again this year

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

They said it would be the best exclusive this gen?

Anyway, why does something need to defeat UC2? It's a fantastic game with a score to match. So is Gears 3.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Does it make it a bad game?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
gears is better than uncharted.....
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
More reviewers have changed their scoring systems, I can guarantee you Gears 3 would have gotten a 9.2 or 9.3 if allowed on IGN.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
gears is better than uncharted.....mems_1224
Uncharted is better than Gears. What now?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

I'm sure many people would agree. I'm sure many think the contrary as well. Personally, I like them both as much as each other.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

both are good but to be honest outside the shooting mechanic its like comparing apples and oranges.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Good points. Uncharted 2 is 6th in best scoring games of ALL time. I feel that's why U3 will flop here.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Why do you use MC when the score is lower than Gamespot, but Gamespot when the score is lower than MC?
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.
Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts
ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.LustForSoul
Sub Par experience. I lol'd.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.LustForSoul
Yes, that is your personal opinion, however the metacritic score dissagrees with you. Enjoy inferiority :)
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.StrongDeadlift
Yes, that is your personal opinion, however the metacritic score dissagrees with you. Enjoy inferiority :)

Or perhaps he'll enjoy superiority over those dictated by meaningless numbers. ;)

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lexter45
[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.StrongDeadlift

You're saying it's just his opinion, that's all MC is... a bunch of opinions...
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 > Uncharted 2 = SMG1/2 > the rest of the games

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

comments like this just make me come less and less to SW...

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 > Uncharted 2 = SMG1/2 > the rest of the games

Mozelleple112

wouldnt it be MGS4 = SMG2 > uncharted 2 score wise?

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Why do you use MC when the score is lower than Gamespot, but Gamespot when the score is lower than MC? StrongDeadlift
You are right. TC is a hippocrite. But that is not the point of the thread. The point of the thread is showing the clear and factual inferiority of Gears 3 to Uncharted 2. I know its hard, but sometimes you just have to learn to accept a sub-par experience. ;)

Yeah... could be seen as a little hypocritical. I assumed he used MC to comapre Gears 3 and Uncharted 2, since they're score here is the same. I'm not sure why Forza even came into it, being such a massively different game, but it would have looked better had he pointed out its GS score being lower, but also compare the MC. 92 < 96. From a score standpoint, PS3's best are better than 360's best. MGS4 > any 360 exclusive on GS, and tied with 360's best on MC. Uncharted 2 is tied with 360's best on GS, and > any 360 exclusive on MC.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

They're about equal in my eyes.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"]ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.mmmwksil

Or perhaps he'll enjoy superiority over those dictated by meaningless numbers. ;)

Or perhaps I will enjoy BOTH, over those who have to pick one :). However, in the unfortunate event that I DID have to pick one, it wouldnt be the inferior sub par one. But hey, maybe sub-par-ness is your thing. If you are comfortable with mediocrity, all the power to you. Some people aspire to work towards the proverbial Beamer or Mercadies in life, and others are content with the metaphorical christler 300s of life.

but hey, if sub par experiences are your thing....

[spoiler] For those who could not figure it out on the last page, I was blatantly trolling. I do not actually believe the opinion expressed above, nor the one on the last page. Both games will be excellent and I am buying them both. [/spoiler]

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
And then Uncharted 3 comes by and rips through all console games like uncharted 2 did :)
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] Yes, that is your personal opinion, however the metacritic score dissagrees with you. Enjoy inferiority :)StrongDeadlift

Or perhaps I will enjoy BOTH, over those who have to pick one :). However, in the unfortunate event that I DID have to pick one, it wouldnt be the inferior sub par one. But hey, maybe sub-par-ness is your thing. If you are comfortable with mediocrity, all the power to you. Some people aspire to work towards the proverbial Beamer or Mercadies in life, and others are content with the metaphorical christler 300s of life.

You're still letting a number some random person slapped on the game determine what's good in your eyes.

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lexter45

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] Yes, that is your personal opinion, however the metacritic score dissagrees with you. Enjoy inferiority :)StrongDeadlift

If Sub Par experiences were my thing I'd have an Uncharted 2 Avy and Sig and would highly anticipate Uncharted 3.
Qwark-PS-Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Qwark-PS-Snake
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts
I think Gears won because it actually has a storyline. Uncharted just stops and starts with the same premise, the only development is Nate and Elena's relationship. Anyway it looks like they haven't improved anything gameplay wise for U3 which is dissapointing consdering the poor gunplay U2 had.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"]ONLY a 91. That's nothing. Personal opinion still, cause gears beats uncharted.Lexter45

Yeah, but while one's own personal opinion should be the most important for each individual person, it prevents any kind of consensus. When discussing which game is better overall, not just in your own personal opinion, average opinion of professional critics (whose job is to rate the quality of games, and are generally trusted by both the industry and the general gaming populace to do so) > opinion of one professional critic > opinion of any one random gamer.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

You're still letting a number some random person slapped on the game determine what's good in your eyes.

you do realize I was blatantly and shamelessly trolling with my comments on the last page right? I was not serious.
Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lexter45

[QUOTE="Lexter45"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] Yes, that is your personal opinion, however the metacritic score dissagrees with you. Enjoy inferiority :)ianuilliam

Yeah, but while one's own personal opinion should be the most important for each individual person, it prevents any kind of consensus. When discussing which game is better overall, not just in your own personal opinion, average opinion of professional critics (whose job is to rate the quality of games, and are generally trusted by both the industry and the general gaming populace to do so) > opinion of one professional critic > opinion of any one random gamer.

I can write a detailed and Profesional Review on why Uncharted 2 deserves a 1 out of 10, does that mean it actually does and my opinion should be held higher than others?

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] Or perhaps I will enjoy BOTH, over those who have to pick one :). However, in the unfortunate event that I DID have to pick one, it wouldnt be the inferior sub par one. But hey, maybe sub-par-ness is your thing. If you are comfortable with mediocrity, all the power to you. Some people aspire to work towards the proverbial Beamer or Mercadies in life, and others are content with the metaphorical christler 300s of life.

StrongDeadlift

you do realize I was blatantly and shamelessly trolling with my comments on the last page right? I was not serious.

I had a feeling you were trolling. :P You take it a bit farther than usual, so people get confused.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

I had a feeling you were trolling. :P You take it a bit farther than usual, so people get confused.

I know. Lol, I was going to put a spoiler in that first post, but figured "what the hell, Ill let a few replies build up" :P Im getting both games.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="Lexter45"] You're saying it's just his opinion, that's all MC is... a bunch of opinions...Lexter45

I can write a detailed and Profesional Review on why Uncharted 2 deserves a 1 out of 10, does that mean it actually does and my opinion should be held higher than others?

Yeah... as soon as you go get hired by an industry-respected gaming journalism mag/site. Of course as soon as you write that review, whichever mag/site you worked for would probably pull the review and fire you for making them look like over-the-top fanboys.

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lexter45

[QUOTE="Lexter45"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]Yeah, but while one's own personal opinion should be the most important for each individual person, it prevents any kind of consensus. When discussing which game is better overall, not just in your own personal opinion, average opinion of professional critics (whose job is to rate the quality of games, and are generally trusted by both the industry and the general gaming populace to do so) > opinion of one professional critic > opinion of any one random gamer.

ianuilliam

Yeah... as soon as you go get hired by an industry-respected gaming journalism mag/site. Of course as soon as you write that review, whichever mag/site you worked for would probably pull the review and fire you for making them look like over-the-top fanboys.

Why do9 I have to be hired by an Industry respected Gaming Journalist site? Does having IGN on my review somehow increase its quality :?
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I don't get it, it's all opinion based. I've played games that scored 4.5 and enjoyed them way more than some of the 9.0 games. Why are they even compared, just because of the third person? PLEASE.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="Lexter45"]

Lexter45

Why do9 I have to be hired by an Industry respected Gaming Journalist site? Does having IGN on my review somehow increase its quality :?

Yes it does actually. Especially considering Metacritic weighs each website in its system by how credible it is, and more larger sites have a higher weight on the overall score. IGN and Gamespot scores have a larger weight than smaller, lesser known sites. Not to mention, there is criteria you have to meet before you are even eligible to be calculated. You cant just put together a no name blog, and post it up there. There is criteria you have to meet, and they review your website.

Oh, and IGN is the largest gaming website on the internet btw, with Gamespot being the second.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mmmwksil

Oh, and IGN is the largest gaming website on the internet btw, with Gamespot being the second.

StrongDeadlift

We all know Glitchspot is still the coolest, though. ;)

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lexter45

[QUOTE="Lexter45"][QUOTE="ianuilliam"]Yeah... as soon as you go get hired by an industry-respected gaming journalism mag/site. Of course as soon as you write that review, whichever mag/site you worked for would probably pull the review and fire you for making them look like over-the-top fanboys.

StrongDeadlift

Yes it does actually. Especially considering Metacritic weighs each website in its system by how credible it is, and more larger sites have a higher weight on the overall score. IGN and Gamespot scores have a larger weight than smaller, lesser known sites. Not to mention, there is criteria you have to meet before you are even eligible to be calculated. You cant just put together a no name blog, and post it up there. There is criteria you have to meet, and they review your website.

And how does that affect the Quality of the review :? Because IGN is more well known than me? If Justin Bieber says Kinectimals is the best game ever does that make it true ?
DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

Lemmings said that Gears of War 3 will be the best exclusive this gen, defeating Uncharted 2

Unfortunately in MC, Gears of War 3 only scored 91 while Uncharted 2 scored 96

And forza only scored 8.5 here

So after Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 failed to defeat Uncharted 2, is there any 360 exclusives that can defeat Uncharted 2? considering there's no 360 exclusives again this year

ihsanqueen
Way to use MC when it benefits your argument, yet ignore it when it doesn't.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Yay.Nobody cares.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#40 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Wait TC, did you say Gears 3 got 9.1 on MC and Forza 4 8.5 here? Very clever double standards!

I would say Gears 3 got 9.5 here and Forza 4 9.2 on MC :P

On topic, standards change and opinions vary. Gears 3 is two years younger and, in my opinion, one of the best exclusives on any system.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

you cant have a good game without the cole train baby WHOOOOO

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Good points. Uncharted 2 is 6th in best scoring games of ALL time. I feel that's why U3 will flop here. Heil68

Early damage control, i see :P

Let´s be optimistic here. Uncharted 3 will most likelly be AAA on gamespot.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I think Uncharted 2 is the better game in my opinion, but so what if the game scored higher. IfGears 3 isa good game than it's a good game. People take scores too literally around here. Plus I am tired of the Uncharted vs Gears threads.

ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

I LOL when people act like a game getting a 91 score is horrible. Who cares if Unchated 2 got higher rated than Gears 3? Doesn't mean it's better or that Gears 3 is bad. This is all matter of opinion and personal taste.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
i wish someone would make a similar game that objectively destroys uncharted and gears in every aspect, that way both sides would have to shut up lol
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="Lexter45"] Why do9 I have to be hired by an Industry respected Gaming Journalist site? Does having IGN on my review somehow increase its quality :?Lexter45

And how does that affect the Quality of the review :? Because IGN is more well known than me? If Justin Bieber says Kinectimals is the best game ever does that make it true ?

No. Justin Bieber is not a game critic. If IGN or GS gives a game 9/10, they'll add that to the box or in ads, because those are industry respected outlets. If Justin Bieber, or Lexter 45, give a game 9/10, nobody cares, outside of Justing Bieber fanatics who want everything the Biebs likes, or Lexter 45.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

i wish someone would make a similar game that objectively destroys uncharted and gears in every aspect, that way both sides would have to shut up lolTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Vanquish? Thats a great game too.

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lexter45

[QUOTE="Lexter45"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] Yes it does actually. Especially considering Metacritic weighs each website in its system by how credible it is, and more larger sites have a higher weight on the overall score. IGN and Gamespot scores have a larger weight than smaller, lesser known sites. Not to mention, there is criteria you have to meet before you are even eligible to be calculated. You cant just put together a no name blog, and post it up there. There is criteria you have to meet, and they review your website.

ianuilliam

No. Justin Bieber is not a game critic. If IGN or GS gives a game 9/10, they'll add that to the box or in ads, because those are industry respected outlets. If Justin Bieber, or Lexter 45, give a game 9/10, nobody cares, outside of Justing Bieber fanatics who want everything the Biebs likes, or Lexter 45.

So IGN giving the game 9/10 means the game is definitly 9/10 no doubt no questions asked and no one can think differently? Because that's what this Convo is about.
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

If we arere talking average score and using Metacritic you'd be right, nothing has touched Uncharted 2 yet and I predict Uncharted 3 to score on average above 95 aswell. There's just no helping it, uncharted is arguably the best game series of this generation.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

1. Gears 3 > UC2
2. Only GS scores count
3. No one said Gears 3 would be the best exclusive this gen.