So I converted to PC.. and I'm loving it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tiberiusbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tiberiusbig
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

Story time kids

Since I can remember my family has been on macs, so all my life I never got the taste of computer gaming. Then, when I was 10, I got a PSone and was hooked. I loved console gaming. Absolutely loved it. Then came the Xbox and the 360, which stole hundreds of hours of my life with great games like Halo, Oblivion, Fallout, etc.

By this time I had my own Mac Pro, eventually took the plunge and decided to Bootcamp windows 7 and invest in an ATI 5870. I haven't looked back since. All of my previous arguments about why consoles better were suddenly completely useless. The games I loved ran smoother, faster, and looked better on my Mac (running windows obvs). Furthermore, I suddenly had access to the massive amount of PC community content that is completely unavailable on the Xbox due to hard-line corporations. Finally, the savings I get are huge. I like to buy my games and support the industry, and doing so through clients like Steam makes for incredible savings. Recently, I only paid $45 for a preorder of Dirt 3 AND a copy of Dirt 2! (that deal is still going). I also picked up Arkham Asylumand Borderlands GOTYfor $7.50 each. You just can't get deals like this on consoles unless you trade in 2-3 fairly new games to the crooks at Gamestop.

Anyways, point is, PC is just superior. Ill be honest, I'm glad I have an Xbox and a PS3 to play games like LA Noire and all of the great exclusives, but those few games cant possibly outweigh all of the advantages that PC gamers have over the consoles.

TL,DR:PC for the win

Tiberiusbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tiberiusbig

I should quickly add that online communities like Xbox Live are good, but the PC communities are generally huge communities of GAMERS, not some 14 year old screaming into the mic during a Black Ops match.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I should quickly add that online communities like Xbox Live are good, but the PC communities are generally huge communities of GAMERS, not some 14 year old screaming into the mic during a Black Ops match.

Tiberiusbig

So you haven't picked up counter strike source yet then?

Tiberiusbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tiberiusbig

[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

lawlessx

Indeed I have, but the screaming children are 1 in a thousand.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

Tiberiusbig

I'll take screaming kids that I can mute over geeks and the crap load of players with no mics
Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts
[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

BodyElite

I'll take screaming kids that I can mute over geeks and the crap load of players with no mics

what? that makes sense. I'll mute 9 outta 10 of my XBL team mates OR i can still actually type to 10 outta 10 of my team mates on PC. good choice buddy...you obviously belong in that muted catagory.....lame
Rai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rai
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts
wow u make a good point!
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

BodyElite

PC gamers dont use the ingame voice chat. Most that do use them are chatting through Steam, Vent, and Skype.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

How long until you start lumping all us console players into a lower class???

how long until you start blaming consoles for the bad choices of devs???

FGMPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FGMPR
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

lawlessx

haha yeah Valve games are the xbox live of the PC community.

Tiberiusbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tiberiusbig

[QUOTE="BodyElite"][QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

Chogyam

what? that makes sense. I'll mute 9 outta 10 of my XBL team mates OR i can still actually type to 10 outta 10 of my team mates on PC. good choice buddy...you obviously belong in that muted catagory.....lame

I second this

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I mute everyone, no problems here :)

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I've been playing RPGs on PC lately and I don't understand how people play Bioware games on consoles....
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

its all about the games really... by the end of the day..each console has games which are fantastic and being a main reason why we own them. PC as far as im concerned has the better community and longevity with each game. I prefer console games (though probably 70% of my top 20 games are pc games lol) but i probably prefer playing on pc(for fps anyways...)

EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts
I've been playing RPGs on PC lately and I don't understand how people play Bioware games on consoles....funsohng
Dragon age on consoles was ok. It didn't provide the overseer experience that pc did however it was ok.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Its official, hermits can no longer say that console gamers start these kind of threads all the time and all they do is "reply to them".

This is seriously like, number 100 or something... this month.

Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gauloisess
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

BodyElite

And you can't mute the geeks? Seriously. :|
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

[QUOTE="Tiberiusbig"]

lawlessx

Haha. So true. :P
EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EdenProxy

For those that dont know valve gives a free game to all ati or nvidea users. Its a deal from 2 years ago however the forget stop it,

You get portal 1 demo and halflife 2 deathmatch

Ati users

Nvidea

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I've been playing RPGs on PC lately and I don't understand how people play Bioware games on consoles....EdenProxy
Dragon age on consoles was ok. It didn't provide the overseer experience that pc did however it was ok.

How do you even target properly...
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="EdenProxy"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I've been playing RPGs on PC lately and I don't understand how people play Bioware games on consoles....funsohng

Yeah, its two completely different experiences IMO. The fact that you can mod the PC version to make it a ten times better game is a plus, too.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="EdenProxy"] Dragon age on consoles was ok. It didn't provide the overseer experience that pc did however it was ok.

Yeah, its two completely different experiences IMO. The fact that you can mod the PC version to make it a ten times better game is a plus, too.

This too. Vanilla Leliana is...... ew. Hopefully ME3 will support mods like DA series does...
EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EdenProxy
[QUOTE="EdenProxy"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I've been playing RPGs on PC lately and I don't understand how people play Bioware games on consoles....funsohng

You shift between targets using l1 unless its magic in which case you aim with the right stick.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

I did three years ago, my current gen consoles are collecting dust because of PC gaming and my renewed interest in retro systems.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

Glad to hear it. Be safe with Steam though... You will end up getting so many great deals that you will end up with a huge amount of games that you will never be able to play. I still have games that I got through last year's summer and Christmas sales that I have yet to play, and now they have daily deals... and the next summer sale will be happening in the next few months...