So how about That Witcher 3

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by laus_basic (8264 posts) -

Goddamn! best looking game ever!

new trailer

HQ 1080p ver. of that trailer(300MB)

Starting to think I don't need a PS4 or Xone right now and should just buy a new PC so I can finally play The Witcher 2(which I have but can't play due to my dated rig) so I can be ready for this.

Makes me even more excited about Cyberpunk 2077. Drooling at the thought of what these guys will be capable of with a sci-fi setting.

#2 Posted by silversix_ (12569 posts) -

Yeah since this trailer all i've been thinking is how fucking amazing Cyberpunk gonna be. TW3 coming this Spring or i have nothing to play for a year?

#3 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

#4 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (6444 posts) -

Only thing that got my full attention. That one shot of the field in daytime...ermergerd. Buying a top notch maxwell GPU for that.

#5 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8539 posts) -

Hnnnnnng...

#6 Posted by silversix_ (12569 posts) -

Only thing that got my full attention. That one shot of the field in daytime...ermergerd. Buying a top notch maxwell GPU for that.

me too unless ps4's performance is stellar (by my standards that 1080p, all on high or better) which probably won't be the case

#7 Edited by silversix_ (12569 posts) -

I wondering if Crytek is shitting their pants right now cuz of how RED Engine surpasses their Cry3

#8 Edited by Basinboy (10689 posts) -

Still need to invest the time into Witcher 2. The backlog just keeps building.

And yes, W3 appeared amazing. CDPR is transforming itself into one of the premier gaming studios in the entire industry, let alone Europe.

#9 Posted by laus_basic (8264 posts) -

gifs heaven

:o

#10 Posted by raging_user (363 posts) -

Visually it puts other next gen games to shame

#11 Edited by SteXmaN (288 posts) -

DD DECAPITATED

#12 Posted by Mr_Ditters (1905 posts) -

The trailer says that "last part of the legend'. No more Witchers??!!!

#13 Edited by Zelda187 (458 posts) -

PC gamers have seen this on system friendly Skyrim (with mods) for 2 years.

#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37533 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

DD DECAPITATED

Decapitation is someone's head, he severs the guy's arm.

Anyway this game looks fucking sick

#15 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37533 posts) -

End of Geralt's story, not necessarily the Witcher game.

@Zelda187 said:

No we fucking haven't. No Skyrim mods look as good as that footage.

#16 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5535 posts) -

Can't wait for this, I'm so CRPG starved its not even funny.

#17 Edited by BattleSpectre (4950 posts) -

Looks like a PS2 game, forgot the name of it. Graphics are a little disappointing considering we're into the next-generation and this is all we can look forward too? I mean come-on step your game up.

Ahaha I'm just fucking with ya. My body is not ready. Just look at those graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Ok I'll go as far as to say no game in the history of mankind (even with mods) look as amazing as this. And that's a big statement considering we've had some phenomenal looking games this past gen.

#18 Posted by lostrib (26510 posts) -

I should probably play the witcher series at some point soon...

#19 Posted by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

I'm going to avoid getting hyped like I did for 2. That way I will not be severely disapointed when it is a let down.

#20 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37533 posts) -

@lostrib said:

You.... haven't already? :/

#21 Edited by seanmcloughlin (37533 posts) -

I'm going to avoid getting hyped like I did for 2. That way I will not be severely disapointed when it is a let down.

Shouldn't that be "IF it's a let down"?

#22 Edited by lostrib (26510 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

I own the first one, and I started it and then got distracted. My backlog is really big...and it just keeps growing--I just started playing TLOU today

#23 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

The game looks beautiful, but it just isn't interesting!

#24 Edited by Joedgabe (4996 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Don't play part 1.... part 1 is a gamble between you might like it and play the others or hate it and never want to play another witcher game ever again. So i suggest starting from Part 2..

the pace.. is soooooo daaammnn... slow on part 1..... x__x

#25 Edited by lostrib (26510 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

Don't play part 1.... part 1 is a gamble between you might like it and play the others or hate it and never want to play another witcher game ever again. So i suggest starting from Part 2..

how much carries over between 1 and 2?

#26 Edited by seanmcloughlin (37533 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

I own the first one, and I started it and then got distracted. My backlog is really big...and it just keeps growing--I just started playing TLOU today

lol yeah you're kinda behind :P

#27 Posted by fend_oblivion (6071 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

I played the second game first. You're not missing out on much. It's a bit confusing in the beginning with all the different characters and kingdoms, but everything will fall in place once you start making progress in the game.

#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (45967 posts) -

Go back to the full misogyny of the original. Wench cards, make it a trading game. Go ham, go full male alliance RED

#29 Edited by j2zon2591 (2172 posts) -

@Mr_Ditters said:

End of Geralt's story, not necessarily the Witcher game.

@Zelda187 said:

No we fucking haven't. No Skyrim mods look as good as that footage.

yeah as far as actual footages go not just screens. I saw some enb mods that seem as good but the fact that this is vanilla.. nice job TW3 :)

Hope it's optimized well.

#30 Posted by fend_oblivion (6071 posts) -

Hope it's optimized well.

Aye, I hope so too.

#31 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13467 posts) -

Want to know the PC requirements.

Looks beautiful!

#32 Edited by Joedgabe (4996 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

I played the second game first. You're not missing out on much. It's a bit confusing in the beginning with all the different characters and kingdoms, but everything will fall in place once you start making progress in the game.

Pretty much this.. if anything Part 2 has it's own story and set of characters to deal with so you'll get to know them your own way through the game.

#33 Posted by mems_1224 (44807 posts) -

Looks great. I just hope they improve the combat because it was trash in witcher 2

#34 Edited by Blabadon (23891 posts) -

I'm getting a huge boner thinking about Remote Play for this game.

#35 Posted by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

Shouldn't that be "IF it's a let down"?

The 2 that came before it were letdowns for me, so I know this one will be too.

#36 Posted by AdobeArtist (22401 posts) -
#37 Edited by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

Could never come around to the combat in the series. Great characters, good story, amazing graphics, horrible combat (imo).

#38 Edited by GhoX (4557 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

Could never come around to the combat in the series. Great characters, good story, amazing graphics, horrible combat (imo).

The combat system of both W1 and W2 were fixed by mods. The mod for W2 was even from one of the devs - it made the game feel less like a stat-heavy RPG and more like a deadly action game.

#39 Edited by ShepardCommandr (1546 posts) -

The game looks unreal

#40 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (4976 posts) -

This has gotta be my most wanted next-game! Can't wait!

#41 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (7421 posts) -

This and hopefully Thief will herald the next gen for me.

#42 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12120 posts) -

Easily my most anticipated game of 2014. Can't wait. There's no series quite like The Witcher, and The Witcher 3 looks like it'll be the best yet.

#43 Posted by PAL360 (26321 posts) -

This game will be a masterpiece, and it's probably the best looking game i have ever seen! This is what happens when a game is developed exclusively for PC and the new consoles.

#44 Posted by PAL360 (26321 posts) -

Looks great. I just hope they improve the combat because it was trash in witcher 2

It will be improved for sure, but man...i loved TW2 combat mechanics!

#45 Posted by happyduds77 (1071 posts) -

The trailer was so good that I am considering to re-build a gaming PC just to have the definite experience.

#46 Posted by freedomfreak (36493 posts) -

Looks casualised.

#47 Edited by BattleSpectre (4950 posts) -

@happyduds77: Wait for the system requirements first. My GTX 460 will smash this game... *holds back laughter*

#48 Posted by happyduds77 (1071 posts) -

@happyduds77: Wait for the system requirements first. My GTX 460 will smash this game... *holds back laughter*

I will gladly pay however much it costs to run this piece of art on max settings.

#49 Posted by Muffin2020 (492 posts) -

Looks casualised.

How so? If you want any credibility for comment like that and then back it up with the reasons.

#50 Posted by freedomfreak (36493 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Looks casualised.

How so? If you want any credibility for comment like that and then back it up with the reasons.

Geralt can jump this time around.