So Forza 4 flopped

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

The numebers are in and forza 4 sold 235,195 units in the first week, now compare that to gran turismo which sold 587,933 units in the first week that is more that double the sales of forza 4. so now you guys know which racing game is the king.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Where you getting the numbers? And yes it flopped.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

man, i'm trying to go get something to eat but then something interesting always happening, so i guess i'm going to sit here and starve and read these comments.

Back on topic, not going to lie, forza isn't going to sell as many copies as gran turismo, the fanboys can fight over which game is better but gran turismo is the king of racers, when it comes to sells

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

After playing both I can safely say that Forza 4 destroys GT5. :D

KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

Its not gonna sell more than GT...but just because it didn't sell better doesn't make it worse (of course everyone already knows this)

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Can I get a source from which you are getting these sales figures? Also, the fact that the game didn't meet the hype on a site means squat when the game sells well.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

That's funny because i read it beat FIFA 12 record for something.

KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

MobilechicaneX

Except in sales...where in SW thats the only thing that matters

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

Yest it flopped, the hype was AAAE and it got a 8.5, you are way late to the party.

FallenAngel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FallenAngel-
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Hmm...I wasn't aware sales were a primary determinant of quality...

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

KevinPlanet

Except in sales...

Good thing sales hold little weight after fan reception for a first party franchise that's managed to improve on it's predecessors first week sales.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just-Breathe

That's funny because i read it beat FIFA 12 record for something.

mattuk69
Yeah, in the UK it knocked FIFA 12 off the sales charts and currently holds the record as the biggest launch week ever for an Xbox 360 racing game http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/878822-forza-4-breaks-uk-chart-records-as-pes-2012-faces-relegation
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

KevinPlanet

Except in sales...where in SW thats the only thing that matters

If you're trying to be a fanboy it's not working. Sales =/=quality. Gears 3 sold over 30 times resistance 3 in one fourth of the time. (Doesn't mean its 30x better)
yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yukushi

I got the numbers from vgchartz.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

The numebers are in and forza 4 sold 235,195 units in the first week, now compare that to gran turismo which sold 587,933 units in the first week that is more that double the sales of forza 4. so now you guys know which racing game is the king.

yukushi

It outsold Resistance 3 in a week? Holy crap, cows really don't buy their exclusives!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Lame topic and lame troll bait. Couldn't you have just added to one of the hundreds of other Forza threads?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You are comparing Forza to a racing game that sells based on name alone? I lol'd.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="yukushi"]

gensigns

It outsold Resistance 3 in a week? Holy crap, cows really don't buy their exclusives!

naw, the market is oversaturated with first person shooters at the moment, if your not call of duty then your going to have a hard time
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shahilsyed
Member since 2010 • 654 Posts

This thread is stupid. Just because some stupid one reviewer gave a game 8.5 does mean it flopped, neither do sales represent a game's flop. Forza 4 is far better than GT5. This just isnt even an argument, its a lame agument that only cows could hold out.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

You are comparing Forza to a racing game that sells based on name alone? I lol'd.foxhound_fox

sells on name alone? I lol'd.

But on topic that doesn't mean it flopped, it sold and is selling very well.

yang_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yang_fox
Member since 2007 • 1579 Posts

Gran Turismo fanbase is bigger! pronto!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
sells on name alone? I lol'd._Matt_
You deny people bought GT because it is "GT"? :o
FallenAngel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FallenAngel-

This thread is stupid. Just because some stupid one reviewer gave a game 8.5 does mean it flopped, neither do sales represent a game's flop. Forza 4 is far better than GT5. This just isnt even an argument, its a lame agument that only cows could hold out.

shahilsyed

No, according to the System Wars "metagame" or whatever it is, Forza 4 flopped.

But that's the only way it flopped. It's doing well sales-wise and has the critical acclaim to back it up. So, yes, it flopped here in System Wars but that matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

Forza 4 will go on to sell pretty well, as the other installments have. Gran Turismo has always been a big seller, so this news isn't new.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]sells on name alone? I lol'd.foxhound_fox
You deny people bought GT because it is "GT"? :o

No I don't deny that, you are just implying there is nothing else to entice the average consumer other than the face it is a GT

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yukushi

shahilsyed

If forza 4 is better than grand turismo could you please explain why forza 4 does not have night racing and weather effects but grand turismo does.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

GT sells more than Forza,that's a fact.

The better game?Absolutely not.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

yukushi

If forza 4 is better than grand turismo could you please explain why forza 4 does not have night racing and weather effects but grand turismo does.

Can you please explain to me why GT4.5 has 80% gt4 cars and a lot of Gt4's tracks? Can you please explain to me why it doesn't have any cockpit views on cars like a veyron? And why it has no Bentley's? Also why does it's dlc have more skylines? Why does the game have 135 nissans? Why doesn't it have any custom vinyls? Why does it have no telemetry?
shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shahilsyed

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

yukushi

I dont need to explain anything, this is a known fact. Granturismo 5 got a 84 from MC where Forza 4 gets 91-92. There is no need in weather effects and night time play, it's pointless.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61550 Posts

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

yukushi

Largely due to them wanting to keep a solid 60fps

This was stated by Dan Greenwalt about Forza 4:

"However, we take frame rate pretty seriously—we believe that having a solid 60 frames per second (FPS) experience with no tearing is very important for a simulation racing game. Delivering night is about more than just getting the general look right. As we found on the original Forza Motorsport, having multiple headlight projections with multiple cast shadows is computationally heavy—even using clever tricks like we did on the less powerful original Xbox platform. This makes delivering a strong night racing experience very difficult at 60 FPS without significant compromise."

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

This thread is like showing up at a party 2 weeks late and then bragging that a party you've never been to was better.

shahilsyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shahilsyed

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

FallenAngel-

But that's the only way it flopped. It's doing well sales-wise and has the critical acclaim to back it up. So, yes, it flopped here in System Wars but that matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

The game got 8.5 from GS and the game is automatically a flop? Well according to SW....... The game gets 91-92 on Metacritic so how is it a flop? Its a huge misunderstanding and ignorance by cows?
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

yukushi

Why doesn't GT5 have an efficient UI? Why is it essentially a lottery in order to access 800 of the 1000 cars?
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Very poor sales......but i am not surprise from that because basically is just Forza 3.5.The game it have many of the same tracks found in previous installments in Forza 3. Where is the dynamic weather and night racing?Only 5 new tracks..??
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ravensmash
Very poor sales......but i am not surprise from that because basically is just Forza 3.5.The game it have many of the same tracks found in previous installments in Forza 3. Where is the dynamic weather and night racing?Only 5 new tracks..??AtariKidX
Poor sales? It's sold more than Forza 3 did in the same time scale. So whilst you're trying to imply it sold poorly due to limited improvements, in comparison to it's predecessor it's doing better. Wut
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

This thread is like showing up at a party 2 weeks late and then bragging that a party you've never been to was better.

heretrix
HAHAHA Well played.....Very well played
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Very poor sales......but i am not surprise from that because basically is just Forza 3.5.The game it have many of the same tracks found in previous installments in Forza 3. Where is the dynamic weather and night racing?Only 5 new tracks..??AtariKidX
Night racing was cool in GT5, pretty well done, but the weather in GT5 was not that great . You could in fact go through the entire career mode and not encounter either.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

yukushi

and still Forza 4 scores higher on metal and on gamespot..oh snap.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yukushi

[QUOTE="yukushi"]

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

Ironbash

Can you please explain to me why GT4.5 has 80% gt4 cars and a lot of Gt4's tracks? Can you please explain to me why it doesn't have any cockpit views on cars like a veyron? And why it has no Bentley's? Also why does it's dlc have more skylines? Why does the game have 135 nissans? Why doesn't it have any custom vinyls? Why does it have no telemetry?

well forza 3.5 just copied the same cars and tracks from forza 3 and added a few new ones, if grand was to have a agreement with every car maker to put their cars in there do you know how much that would cost, no one would be able to afford the game.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I know. it´s sad. The best racing game on the market should be the most popular :( :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

yukushi

That claim is almost as bad as 'Gears 3 can not be the best looking console game because it has no AA'. One bad aspect doesnt make dozens of good ones non relevant.

FallenAngel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FallenAngel-

[QUOTE="FallenAngel-"]

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

shahilsyed

The game got 8.5 from GS and the game is automatically a flop? Well according to SW....... The game gets 91-92 on Metacritic so how is it a flop? Its a huge misunderstanding and ignorance by cows?

Well yeah that's pretty much what I was saying. Forza 4 only flopped here according to the silly metagame. In real world terms, Forza 4 didn't flop.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yukushi

[QUOTE="yukushi"]

[QUOTE="shahilsyed"]

lundy86_4

"However, we take frame rate pretty seriously—we believe that having a solid 60 frames per second (FPS) experience with no tearing is very important for a simulation racing game. Delivering night is about more than just getting the general look right. As we found on the original Forza Motorsport, having multiple headlight projections with multiple cast shadows is computationally heavy—even using clever tricks like we did on the less powerful original Xbox platform. This makes delivering a strong night racing experience very difficult at 60 FPS without significant compromise."

Well that is a big fail and it makes the games kinda boring without the effects and night racing glad i did not buy it.

FallenAngel-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FallenAngel-

[QUOTE="Ironbash"][QUOTE="yukushi"]

yukushi

well forza 3.5 just copied the same cars and tracks from forza 3 and added a few new ones, if grand was to have a agreement with every car maker to put their cars in there do you know how much that would cost, no one would be able to afford the game.

Turn 10 did it for Forza 4, why couldn't Polyphony?

Forza 4 has less cars than GT5 overall but it has a much higher variety of cars from different manufacturers including more Ferraris, more Bentleys, more Aston Martins, more Mercedes-Benzes and so on.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Forza 4 is definitely the better game no doubt. GT has always sold well though.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
racing games are boring. who cares?
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 racing1750

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="yukushi"]

yukushi

"However, we take frame rate pretty seriously-we believe that having a solid 60 frames per second (FPS) experience with no tearing is very important for a simulation racing game. Delivering night is about more than just getting the general look right. As we found on the original Forza Motorsport, having multiple headlight projections with multiple cast shadows is computationally heavy-even using clever tricks like we did on the less powerful original Xbox platform. This makes delivering a strong night racing experience very difficult at 60 FPS without significant compromise."

Well that is a big fail and it makes the games kinda boring without the effects and night racing glad i did not buy it.

It makes them boring without the effects? Are you actually being serious? It blows my mind what people will post on here. Not that I think for one moment you ever had any intention of buying Forza 4.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 racing1750
racing games are boring. who cares?mems_1224
People who enjoy racing games.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Just-Breathe

racing games are boring. who cares?mems_1224

Obviously the people who buy them? I don't find racing games boring at all and I'm not a fan of them.