So, a 6 years old PC game looks better than Watch Dogs

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Because... consoles.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@zaraxius said:

How come when console gamers point out that the consoles all have AAAA games but PC doesn't in all the time it's been around, they say that no one game matters and that it's the collective library of the PC that puts console games to shame. Yet you probably can't name any other six year old PC game that looks better than Watch Dogs.

By the way, I don't care about Watch Dogs, but I do care about the inconsistency of PC gamers.

Crysis, though you're right, Crysis is already 7 years old.

Not to mention when you unlock the graphical capabilities in the ini files, some people call it modding but it isn't modding.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

@Shottayouth13- said:

PS2 games look better than Watch Dogs.

That's unnecessary and inaccurate, and hearing this stated so many times by so many different people -- while obviously (hopefully) exaggeration -- just shows how short and clouded the memory is when it comes to visuals.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@IgGy621985 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

At the same time, people with far too much free time have been working on making this game look better for years, and it's all they've had to do. Alongside creating a gorgeous game world, the developers also have to program the rest of the game and missions.

I somewhat agree, but is that really an excuse for an AAA title?

To start this reply, I"m merely speculating, hopefully none of my assumptions are taken out of context. This part is true though -- The folks at Rockstar are masters of getting the absolute best out of hardware, seeing how impressive GTA 5 was -- barring all the jagged lines from running on 7 year old consoles -- so my assumption is their code is probably air tight, and much easier to get the most out of, if you know what you're doing. I think that's a big reason why modders are able to get stunning visuals out of their games years after release, not to mention GTA 5 is running on the GTA 4 engine, so the tools are certainly there to get GTA 4 looking that good.

I'm part of a small group that actually didn't think Watch Dogs looked all that great from the beginning, partly because of how well Rockstar is at making their games look outstanding, and I think that's clouding our judgment a little bit. Watch Dogs looked outstanding when it was first revealed, then GTA 5 came out on ancient hardware and looked almost as good, even compared to the now-infamous e3 reveal.

I remember them demoing a much more rundown part of the city on Jimmy Fallon, or one of the other late nighters, and thought the game looked kind of weak visually. I think parts of the game are going to look just as good in certain areas, and not so impressive in others. That's just kind of how giant open world games work.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

This all started when somebody released that GIF. Naturally some say its reall and some say it isn't, well two things you can be sure of. The GIF was definately showing Watch Dogs and Lastly The GIF looked absolutely terrible. Note I said the GIF looked terrible, its no indication of what Watch Dogs is gona look like nor was the Demo at E3. But I will say I don't buy this supposed downgrade. Yes the GIF does look worse than PS2 graphics. All the more reason I don't believe it. Infact I've noticed those who do believe clearly have something against Ubisoft, maybe they got diddled by them when they were young. I don't know. But its not so much that they believe it as much as they wish its true just to justify their hate. I don't care what the truth is, I just want it all to go away. Its fucking annoying hearing about this over and over again.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

This all started when somebody released that GIF. Naturally some say its reall and some say it isn't, well two things you can be sure of. The GIF was definately showing Watch Dogs and Lastly The GIF looked absolutely terrible. Note I said the GIF looked terrible, its no indication of what Watch Dogs is gona look like nor was the Demo at E3. But I will say I don't buy this supposed downgrade. Yes the GIF does look worse than PS2 graphics. All the more reason I don't believe it. Infact I've noticed those who do believe clearly have something against Ubisoft, maybe they got diddled by them when they were young. I don't know. But its not so much that they believe it as much as they wish its true just to justify their hate. I don't care what the truth is, I just want it all to go away. Its fucking annoying hearing about this over and over again.

The one thing about those two specific comparisons is that it's clear both take place in the same place -- setting wise -- in the game, but there's no indication that they take place at the same time -- story wise -- in the game. Everybody's comparing what appears to be the flash of a lightning strike to a moving spotlight, when they could not be more different.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

As I said. I just want it all to go away. Until the games release.

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

too bad gta 4 was a horrible overrated POS that ran like a hermit from soap for many years.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

Yeah, yeah, the title was a bait. Also, yeah, PC still didn't get GTA 5. We know, thanks.

And, yeah, this is a modded version of GTA 4. But, damn, just LOOK at this! And yet you can get this too, completely for free.

Loading Video...

From "about" below the video (not my PC):

My PC: i5 2500k, 4gb, GTX 660

Average framerate is usually 30-40

And yet those dumbarses from Ubisoft say how we'll get a complete "next-gen" experience with Watch Dogs. Just hilarious.

Would it be possible to run this on 'episodes from liberty city': the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony?

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

PS2 games look better than Watch Dogs.

That's unnecessary and inaccurate, and hearing this stated so many times by so many different people -- while obviously (hopefully) exaggeration -- just shows how short and clouded the memory is when it comes to visuals.

Fine then. Wii games look better than Watch Dogs. Hard to argue against that.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Shottayouth13-: It's very easy to argue against that. You must not have seen many Wii games.

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@IgGy621985 said:

Yeah, yeah, the title was a bait. Also, yeah, PC still didn't get GTA 5. We know, thanks.

And, yeah, this is a modded version of GTA 4. But, damn, just LOOK at this! And yet you can get this too, completely for free.

Loading Video...

From "about" below the video (not my PC):

My PC: i5 2500k, 4gb, GTX 660

Average framerate is usually 30-40

And yet those dumbarses from Ubisoft say how we'll get a complete "next-gen" experience with Watch Dogs. Just hilarious.

Would it be possible to run this on 'episodes from liberty city': the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony?

Nope, just GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0