Skyrim Wins Game of the Year, Best RPG and Best Studio at the VGAs

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts
The game of the gen keeps steam rolling on!
stickapple1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stickapple1
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
Best game ever imo
vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vtoshkatur
Best game ever imostickapple1
Agreed. And I've been gaming since 1988!
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Definitely not the game of the gen, but probably the GOTY.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It deserves it.

*Waits for impending flamewar*

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
:lol: VGAs
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Unfortunately this was not intended as a joke.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Not a bad choice, not many more deserving games out there than Skyrim. BTW, isn't there a sticky for the VGAs?

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Had I an PS3, I would feel slapped in the face.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
how does a studio get best studio of the year by just releasing 1 game? Also... yakuza 4 / deus ex > Skyrim!
vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vtoshkatur
:lol: VGAsLed_poison
While I agree that the VGA's are laughable and not the most credible end of the year awards but I still think this is a sign of where the Video Game journalism community is leaning when it comes to GOTY.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="Led_poison"]:lol: VGAsvtoshkatur
While I agree that the VGA's are laughable and not the most credible end of the year awards but I still think this is a sign of where the Video Game journalism community is leaning when it comes to GOTY.

VGAs don't represent video game journalism.
vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vtoshkatur
[QUOTE="campzor"]how does a studio get best studio of the year by just releasing 1 game? Also... yakuza 4 / deus ex > Skyrim!

So a studio that stretches itself thin by releasing several mediocore - good games a year rather than a studio that takes time and care in producing one masterpiece every few years or so?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Masculus

I don't know if you realize, but its ON PS3 TOO! SHOCKER!

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vtoshkatur

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

SPYDER0416

Bethesda really needs to work on the ps3 version. It's pretty unplayable from what I hear. But none the less the base game is there and once its fixed PS3 owners are going to have a real gem to look forward to.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

vtoshkatur

Bethesda really needs to work on the ps3 version. It's pretty unplayable from what I hear. But none the less the base game is there and once its fixed PS3 owners are going to have a real gem to look forward to.

The full story basically (to set the record straight, though I know some idiots will ignore that), is that the split RAM and using Xbox as lead platform gave the PS3 an unfortunate bug, something called a "memory leak".

Basically, its a totally random bug that destroys the framerate for some people, but not all people. Some people can play for one hundred hours and have an experienceas smooth as Xbox, others will get 1 frame per second after about 20 hours in.

Its supposedly fixable if you format your hard drive or use an SSD, but for people who don't do that they'll unfortunately suffer from their game dying slowly the more they play... or not, again its a random thing.

For all the PS3 owners who DON'T get the bug, its still the same, just as amazing game. Honestly, on SW fanboys will use even the tiniest advantage, and I guess a random Skyrim bug is something for some (or maybe just one guy) people to freak out about and claim ownage on.

I have it on PC, and a buddy of mine has it on PS3. Though my version is smoother and faster in loads (which applies against the 360 version too vs PC), the PS3 version my buddy has plays just fine, even after he put 120 hours on it.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

One of the more mediocre games I've played this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The joke is that you take the VGA's seriously.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

And the theme of praising mediocrity this gen continues.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I voted for it so im happy. Anyone who hates the game will obviously feel otherwise. But at the end of the day who f***ing cares. Just play whatever games you like people

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

You guys missplaced this award with "Most buggy game of the year" -award?

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vtoshkatur

[QUOTE="vtoshkatur"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

The full story basically (to set the record straight, though I know some idiots will ignore that), is that the split RAM and using Xbox as lead platform gave the PS3 an unfortunate bug, something called a "memory leak".

Basically, its a totally random bug that destroys the framerate for some people, but not all people. Some people can play for one hundred hours and have an experienceas smooth as Xbox, others will get 1 frame per second after about 20 hours in.

Its supposedly fixable if you format your hard drive or use an SSD, but for people who don't do that they'll unfortunately suffer from their game dying slowly the more they play... or not, again its a random thing.

For all the PS3 owners who DON'T get the bug, its still the same, just as amazing game. Honestly, on SW fanboys will use even the tiniest advantage, and I guess a random Skyrim bug is something for some (or maybe just one guy) people to freak out about and claim ownage on.

I have it on PC, and a buddy of mine has it on PS3. Though my version is smoother and faster in loads (which applies against the 360 version too vs PC), the PS3 version my buddy has plays just fine, even after he put 120 hours on it.

Yeah I have the PC version as well and I've seen it played on a 360 at my buddies house. Despite the obvious advantages on PC it's a great game no matter what platform. (I can't wait for a few years to pass and some of the fantastic mods there will be) The architecture of the PS3 is unfortunate and the fact that what little ram it has is that its split up on top of it is just tragic. But to me both the consoles are identical and I find the fanboy bickering to be silly.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

i don't care much for the VGAs but skyrim definitely deserves the praise. one of the best games of this gen...

actionjunkie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 actionjunkie10
Member since 2011 • 739 Posts
Lol damn Seriously, Skyrim and Bethesda are two of the most insanely over rated things in gaming history as of right now. But I guess award shows wet their panties over any game that is open world games. And for a game like Skyrim to win that many awards while being the broken mess that it is, it sends the message that broken games are ok.....just as long as Betheada, who can do no wrong, is making it...and that its an open world game. Unbelievable! This really is insane! At this point I have to question if awards are payed for by developers. You know Bethesda and Microsoft run dirty, so just saying....
exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
Glad it got GOTY. I've played many games this year and none of them has held as much interest for me like Skyrim has. Admittedly, if didn't have a PC that could play this and had to play it on my console it might not have been that great.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="vtoshkatur"] Bethesda really needs to work on the ps3 version. It's pretty unplayable from what I hear. But none the less the base game is there and once its fixed PS3 owners are going to have a real gem to look forward to.vtoshkatur

Yeah I have the PC version as well and I've seen it played on a 360 at my buddies house. Despite the obvious advantages on PC it's a great game no matter what platform. (I can't wait for a few years to pass and some of the fantastic mods there will be) The architecture of the PS3 is unfortunate and the fact that what little ram it has is that its split up on top of it is just tragic. But to me both the consoles are identical and I find the fanboy bickering to be silly.

Though the issues are unfortunate, its pretty game breaking for some people and Bethesda shouldn't have released it like that, but for most people its playable. PToM didn't even get any issues and only downscored it for the "potential" of these issues to arise, and even if you do get it its possible to completely get rid of them like I mentioned (SSD or hard drive format), and though its unfortunate to have to go through a few extra steps to solve an issue, I'm used to doing that on 1/4 of any game I manage to get on PC, so its not the biggest issue.

Plus from what I hear its something that can happen to the 360 version, and Bethesda is working on a patch that should remove these problems.

Its bad, but these issues are seriously blown out of proportion. New Vegas had them, Fallout 3 had them, and I got through all of those games without any problems except their natural bugginess (present across all platforms) and some drops in the last hour and in the DLC (which some of my buddies didn't experience at all since they didn't play like 200 hours of them like me) Heck, if it does happen to someone, its as easy as restarting the system to remove them for another hour of play, or doing any of the other more permanent fixes.

I mean, its the same damn game people. Its not even at Bayonetta levels of differences, just differences in lighting and textures and a random memory leak you may or may not experience that can be fixed.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

And the theme of praising mediocrity this gen continues.

DarkLink77
says the guy with a duke nukem forever sig/avy
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
They don't deserve best studio while the PS3 version is still in existence and i lol @ people voting for the best 360 game being batman which is multi plat.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="vtoshkatur"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

It's fixed already. Just it's fixed by the players themselves and not the amateur developers. Anyway it's definitely game of the month.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
My friend who mostly plays FPS just picked it up. This game is a phenomenon.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

My friend who mostly plays FPS just picked it up. This game is a phenomenon. Bread_or_Decide

10/10 troll

Crafty.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 themajormayor

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]My friend who mostly plays FPS just picked it up. This game is a phenomenon. Sagem28

10/10 troll

Crafty.

+1 And congratulations to the government.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]My friend who mostly plays FPS just picked it up. This game is a phenomenon. Sagem28

10/10 troll

Crafty.

Excuse me?
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
I find it shameful that a game with so many bugs and glitches ON ALL platforms should win any GOTY or any events at all. Perhaps once its been fixed a bit more, but as it stands its an insult.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BibiMaghoo
[QUOTE="vincent380"] and i lol @ people voting for the best 360 game being batman which is multi plat.

That did make me chuckle, PS3 and Nintendo had exclusives for best game, Xbox has a multiplat lol.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="vincent380"] and i lol @ people voting for the best 360 game being batman which is multi plat. sts106mat

That did make me chuckle, PS3 and Nintendo had exclusives for best game, Xbox has a multiplat lol.

i am an xbox owner and i would still say that besides skyrim, batman was the best game i played this year. Gears 3 was good and Forza 4 was brilliant, but i probably enjoyed batman more.

Then sir, you are a gamer, not a lem. I like you. Ive yet to play batman unfortunatly, to many good games at the same time, but ill get to it for sure. And I have seen reports of bugs and glitches on all platforms, if you are lucky enough not to have encountered any, then your are lucky lol. Of course the chances of such an encounter are slimmer on the PC, but they do happen.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 themajormayor

So this also means all the hermits was wrong and now the PS3 has the graphicz knig?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 themajormayor

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] That did make me chuckle, PS3 and Nintendo had exclusives for best game, Xbox has a multiplat lol. BibiMaghoo

i am an xbox owner and i would still say that besides skyrim, batman was the best game i played this year. Gears 3 was good and Forza 4 was brilliant, but i probably enjoyed batman more.

Then sir, you are a gamer, not a lem. I like you. Ive yet to play batman unfortunatly, to many good games at the same time, but ill get to it for sure. And I have seen reports of bugs and glitches on all platforms, if you are lucky enough not to have encountered any, then your are lucky lol. Of course the chances of such an encounter are slimmer on the PC, but they do happen.

He is still a lem. My favourite game this year was Portal 2 and I'm definitely a cow.

o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

The VGA's are worthless.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] i am an xbox owner and i would still say that besides skyrim, batman was the best game i played this year. Gears 3 was good and Forza 4 was brilliant, but i probably enjoyed batman more.

themajormayor

He is still a lem. My favourite game this year was Portal 2 and I'm definitely a cow.

Not in my books. A lem would insist that the exclusives were better games than the multiplat. He has qualified as a true gamer for sure.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 themajormayor

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] i am an xbox owner and i would still say that besides skyrim, batman was the best game i played this year. Gears 3 was good and Forza 4 was brilliant, but i probably enjoyed batman more.

sts106mat

assassins creed Rev (also superb)

Lulz

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Then sir, you are a gamer, not a lem. I like you. Ive yet to play batman unfortunatly, to many good games at the same time, but ill get to it for sure. And I have seen reports of bugs and glitches on all platforms, if you are lucky enough not to have encountered any, then your are lucky lol. Of course the chances of such an encounter are slimmer on the PC, but they do happen. BibiMaghoo

Not in my books. A lem would insist that the exclusives were better games than the multiplat. He has qualified as a true gamer for sure.

So if I say Portal 2>Lair that means I'm 0% cow. A fanboy say my exclusives/multiplats>your exclusives

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] assassins creed Rev (also superb) sts106mat

Lulz

you played it then?

3 assassin's creed was more than enough.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts
Yet it didn't win Best PC game, or best X360 game. Odd.