#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@Pedro said:
@nod_calypse said:
@Pedro said:

Avoiding the reason real hard.😏

Hehe, okay dude

You are defending this game real hard and hating on the person who did despite the fact you haven't played the flop.🤭

I have played it, lol

It is absolutely and perfectly fine tk comment on how a game is being received by gaming media without having played the game. Anything to the contrary is silly nonsense... What's less responsible would be to claim first hand experience if you have none, which i don't recall anyone doing... The game is being received as a festering turd and was rated 3/10 on Gamespot... No one is expected to have played the game before commenting on these reviews.

An integruous gamer would update their opinion after attaining first hand experience...which anyone is welcomed to do!

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

Xbox guys are getting extra feisty over this FREE game offered by Sony and Konami.

Acting like they won the lottery over a game that dropped out of nowhere which had zero hype to begin only highlights the depths of your desperation.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@TheEroica: Yup. You can absolutely comment on a game without having played it. You just simply have no experience with it firsthand, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about it, lol. Of course you can.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1287 Posts

@TheEroica: It's fine for anyone to talk about it but it would be nice to hear from more people who have played it.

Anecdotally so far I have seen some positive comments from people on the front pages of various gaming sites calling the more critical reviews harsh, and the user score seems to be higher than the critic score, so it would be interesting to hear why the reviews are wrong or right from those who have played it instead of the speculation.

Impressions do matter when buying a game though, so it could impact how well it does. At the same time, positive talk can sometimes get people who snubbed it to reconsider. This could also have nothing to do with the final game, it could just be a side story. I'm interested in watching what happens, no matter how it turns out in the end.

In the meantime I'll be asking my friends what they think, because it's curious how divisive this is, and that's when you can get into some interesting conversations.

But also the usual mud slinging I guess.

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

lol

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts

@nod_calypse:

Now there's a novel idea....but if you disagree with someone else's opinion because it doesn't tie in with your own then what's the point?

GS say 3,you say 7,yet you have problems with GS"s opinion 🤣😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@saint-george: Oh, don't get me wrong. Opinion is perfectly fine. I respect anyone's opinion. Specifically, concerning the GS review, they were in error about some aspects of the game, which is not a matter of opinion, but of error.

But the 3/10 other than that is fine. I tend to go against the grain, not listen to reviews, have my own thoughts in things, etc. So I went and played it myself, regardless of the reviews,, and found that I like it. But the low reviews of those that actually played it are perfectly valid.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts
@nod_calypse said:

@saint-george: Oh, don't get me wrong. Opinion is perfectly fine. I respect anyone's opinion. Specifically, concerning the GS review, they were in error about some aspects of the game, which is not a matter of opinion, but of error.

But the 3/10 other than that is fine. I tend to go against the grain, not listen to reviews, have my own thoughts in things, etc. So I went and played it myself, regardless of the reviews,, and found that I like it. But the low reviews of those that actually played it are perfectly valid.

i've never been influenced by a reviewers opinion or their score for any game ,they should eliminate scores and just point out what they think are the good and bad in a game.

And i dont mean their subjective thoughts on a storyline....what they should be pointing out is....is a game buggy..are framerates an issue for the type of game 30/60...are micro transactions optional or pay to win,is the games content worth $70...Are the visuals great,are quests done in a cool way,stuff like that.

Anyhoo thats my 2024's serious imput out the way..

3-10 HaH

PlayStation has no games!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheEroica  Moderator

@above_average said:

Xbox guys are getting extra feisty over this FREE game offered by Sony and Konami.

Acting like they won the lottery over a game that dropped out of nowhere which had zero hype to begin only highlights the depths of your desperation.

The game is being received in system wars in the exact same fashion it would be if it was a Microsoft game or a Nintendo game... It's a video game being offered on Playstation 5 that is being received poorly.... No one cares about the price or which category you as a Sony fan want to put said game.... We're here to discuss how poor Silent Hill is as reviewed by gaming media. Do u have anything to add?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Konami, Warner Brothers, Activision, EA...

The list of AAA publishers that have absolutely no clue of what they are doing grows by the day.

AAA development is mostly crap. There's a diminishing return I think at this point, sort of like mining coal, where they've literally leveled entire mountains of intellectual property and now they're digging into the earth and yet there's only inches left to mine...and yet they still keep mining it, even though it burns more fuel at this point than what you're mining up.

Time to spend less on development, more on making new IP. Take risks. More one and dones. Not everything has to be the n'th installment in a decades-old franchise with a multi-million dollar development budget and even more millions in marketing. Even the Japanese game industry is guilty of this now, and they always sort of seemed like they had a healthy dose of still making games for gaming's sake.

Make a new stealth game. Thief or spy. Doesn't matter. Write a neat story. Forget multiplayer, just a 10-20 hour campaign with some replayability.

Make a real-time strategy. Sci-fi or WWII or fantasy, who cares? Just make it! There's clearly some demand as we were hyped (and really disappointed by) for Company of Heroes 3.

Make another action-RPG. Doesn't need to be some huge open-world game, just semi-linear. Model it after Mass Effect, who cares? Just make it.

And so on and so forth...

Obviously said as a consumer, I know nothing about business and game development...but I do buy lots of games, and 95% of my purchases are from independent and small-scale developers these days.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70414 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

The list of AAA publishers that have absolutely no clue of what they are doing grows by the day.

AAA development is mostly crap. There's a diminishing return I think at this point, sort of like mining coal, where they've literally leveled entire mountains of intellectual property and now they're digging into the earth and yet there's only inches left to mine...and yet they still keep mining it, even though it burns more fuel at this point than what you're mining up.

Time to spend less on development, more on making new IP. Take risks. More one and dones. Not everything has to be the n'th installment in a decades-old franchise with a multi-million dollar development budget and even more millions in marketing. Even the Japanese game industry is guilty of this now, and they always sort of seemed like they had a healthy dose of still making games for gaming's sake.

Make a new stealth game. Thief or spy. Doesn't matter. Write a neat story. Forget multiplayer, just a 10-20 hour campaign with some replayability.

Make a real-time strategy. Sci-fi or WWII or fantasy, who cares? Just make it! There's clearly some demand as we were hyped (and really disappointed by) for Company of Heroes 3.

Make another action-RPG. Doesn't need to be some huge open-world game, just semi-linear. Model it after Mass Effect, who cares? Just make it.

Obviously said as a consumer, I know nothing about business and game development...but I do buy lots of games, and 95% of my purchases are from independent and small-scale developers these days.

Y'all need to stop whatever this is. The reality is that you all are not the target audience for these companies. They are not oblivious as you would like to believe. You don't reach that level of success being oblivious. Adding to this, is the reality that gamers as a whole don't care much for what you are requesting. The market is where it is at because of gamers spending. There are many great games that fail and many mediocre games that succeed. Developers need to make money and even when a game design is not their preference or even their specialty, they will shift to survive especially if it is trending. Gaming is not a noble form of entertainment. It is just like very other business.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro
@above_average said:

The short message is that this game is a flop.😏

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@saint-george said:

i've never been influenced by a reviewers opinion or their score for any game ,they should eliminate scores and just point out what they think are the good and bad in a game.

I think that's totally fair, yeah.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Y'all need to stop whatever this is. The reality is that you all are not the target audience for these companies. They are not oblivious as you would like to believe. You don't reach that level of success being oblivious. Adding to this, is the reality that gamers as a whole don't care much for what you are requesting. The market is where it is at because of gamers spending. There are many great games that fail and many mediocre games that succeed. Developers need to make money and even when a game design is not their preference or even their specialty, they will shift to survive especially if it is trending. Gaming is not a noble form of entertainment. It is just like very other business.

That's the same logic that made Hollywood stop making comedies and invest totally and absolutely in superhero/comic book movies. They are no longer interested in catering to niches, they don't want the money that is in those niches, they want to cater to the biggest group possible, that's where all this homogenization (of both movies and games) is coming from.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44549 Posts

@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

Savage!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:
@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

Savage!

Lol.... 😂

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

At this point I wonder if it is even appropriate to call Konami a software developer. This is the company thay brought us Castlevania, Super Castlevania and Silent Hill (PS1). What happened???

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Eh, yes and no.

I'm not so ignorant as to believe gaming is a noble endeavor, and I do realize it is a business. But like any other? That's sort of pushing it a bit into cynical territory.

You want to say that about, I don't know...a tire company. A factory that makes can openers. Fine. They either make good ones or shit ones or mediocre ones and that is that. There's no soul to products like that.

But game development is a craft. I'd even go so far as to call much of it art. So there needs to be a certain degree of artistic integrity kept intact.

The question should not simply be "How can we make money?", the question needs to be "How can we make a good product, gain the respect of our customers, and make money?".

This combination of questions is especially important moving forward, with so many games adopting a service-based model. It's important to maintain integrity and gain and keep the respect of your customers.

I work in an industry as a craftsman (not gaming, but somewhere else) and these things matter. It's not just a matter of smart business decisions. You need to have a vision of what you want your product to be. It's not just about maximizing profit and competition.

And for the record, I've said many times that your average System Warrior is not the target audience. I am well aware of this lol 😋We are definitely the outlier.

But, as an old poster once said, if your favorite chocolate factory started producing literal shit and the masses kept gobbling it up, isn't it your duty to scream from the highest peak "YOU'RE EATING SHIT!?" even if all the people around you tell you to stop being such a preachy snob?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro
@mrbojangles25 said:

Eh, yes and no.

I'm not so ignorant as to believe gaming is a noble endeavor, and I do realize it is a business. But like any other? That's sort of pushing it a bit into cynical territory.

You want to say that about, I don't know...a tire company. A factory that makes can openers. Fine. They either make good ones or shit ones or mediocre ones and that is that. There's no soul to products like that.

But game development is a craft. I'd even go so far as to call much of it art. So there needs to be a certain degree of artistic integrity kept intact.

The question should not simply be "How can we make money?", the question needs to be "How can we make a good product, gain the respect of our customers, and make money?".

This combination of questions is especially important moving forward, with so many games adopting a service-based model. It's important to maintain integrity and gain and keep the respect of your customers.

I work in an industry as a craftsman (not gaming, but somewhere else) and these things matter. It's not just a matter of smart business decisions. You need to have a vision of what you want your product to be. It's not just about maximizing profit and competition.

And for the record, I've said many times that your average System Warrior is not the target audience. I am well aware of this lol 😋We are definitely the outlier.

But, as an old poster once said, if your favorite chocolate factory started producing literal shit and the masses kept gobbling it up, isn't it your duty to scream from the highest peak "YOU'RE EATING SHIT!?" even if all the people around you tell you to stop being such a preachy snob?

You are still speaking as if game development is a noble endeavor.🙃

Gaming is in an interesting space. Old farts believe that they are still the primary market and what they want is not typically in line with the newer and larger market. Gaming indeed has a lot of roots in indie development. During the early days of gaming (as you know) design was explorative. But like everything else, once a formula gains traction, it becomes the new standard. There are many innovative and great games being developed. However, the majority of these games fail or never gain mainstream appeal. Triple-A gaming has a lot of risks. We cannot expect companies to be investing tens to hundreds of millions on a gamble. They stick to successful formulas. Until gamers (not the SW gamers) ask for something else, they will continue to supply the demands.

So, eat the shit chocolate.😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@danishanwar said:

The fact this thread isn't closed shows the hypocrisy here at GameSpot. Mods here are infact Xbox fans. I am thinking of switching forums as one sided system war is not a war. It is Nazi propaganda.

I have since tried the game and...well it was amazing lol. Shit managed to get a real true jump scare out of me. That's the first time a game has EVER managed to do that. Hell I'm hard pressed to even get a reaction out of horror movies.

I don't even like games like this, but I thought it was amazing. A 3/10? lol I can tell you there are a lot of games that weren't as interesting as this short FREE game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@danishanwar said:

The fact this thread isn't closed but threads rightly criticizing the dead Xbox console is being closed shows the hypocrisy here at GameSpot.

Mods here are infact Xbox fans. I am thinking of ditching this forum as one sided system war is not a war. It is Nazi propaganda. You are free to make fun of PS5 but not the Xbox?

Which Sony fanny alt is this?
Which Sony fanny alt is this?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Archangel3371  Online

@danishanwar: You seem to be upset about something. 🤔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro
@Archangel3371 said:

@danishanwar: You seem to be upset about something. 🤔

Maybe his thread got locked but that would mean 😏

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Archangel3371  Online

Oh boy. 🤦‍♂️😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34778 Posts

@danishanwar: LOL

Imagine having such strong feelings for your toy of choice to bring up nazis.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Pedro

@danishanwar: You Sony fannies are truly broken, I love it.😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@Litchie: 🤣 🤣 🤣 the cow meltdowns the past few days has been epic. Good show, keep it up.

All their toxic threads getting locked causing them to meltdown even harder. Please cows, keep it up.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

Oops, CowSpot must of thought this was an Xbox GamePass game. lol :P

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

As long as it's scary the video game will do well.