Should Nintendo go 3rd party?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Poll Should Nintendo go 3rd party? (78 votes)

Yes - I would love to play Mario, Zelda on PS4, Xbox One, PC (1080p, 60fps, online) 45%
No - Leave Nintendo alone! Nintendo haven't done anything wrong. 55%

GOING INTO 3RD PARTY WOULD NOT RUIN NINTENDO AT ALL. STILL SAME DEVELOPERS STAYS BUT NOW THEY COULD MAKE GAME ON BETTER GAMING PLATFORMS. AGAIN, NINTENDO IS DEVELOPER COMPANY WHO MAKES GAMES. GOING TO 3RD PARTY IS NOT BAD IDEA AT ALL. MARIO AND ZELDA QUALITY WOULD BE JUST BETTER.

• N64
  • 96/97 - 5.80 million
  • 97/98 - 9.42 million
  • 98/99 - 7.86 million
  • 99/00 - 6.49 million
  • 00/01 - 2.85 million
  • 01/02 - 0.50 million
  • Total - 32.92 million

------------------------------------------------------

• GameCube
  • 01/02 - 3.80 million
  • 02/03 - 5.76 million
  • 03/04 - 5.02 million
  • 04/05 - 3.92 million
  • 05/06 - 2.35 million
  • 06/07 - 0.73 million
  • 07/08 - 0.16 million
  • Total - 21.74 million

------------------------------------------------------

• Wii U
  • 12/13 - 3.45 million
  • 13/14 - 2.80 million
 • 
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#51 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@brut_fruit said:

yes! cause only then their games wont look like some bright ass colored looney tunes crap

Now that's just foolish thinking there.

The games will still look the same. You'll just be playing them with a Playstation or Xbox Controller.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: no im talking about a complete graphical overhaul over those looney tunes ninty crap meaning a new game engine

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

The poll is funny because Nintendo games are in 1080p, 60 frames and the online is good on the Wii U.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@trugs26 said:

The poll is funny because Nintendo games are in 1080p, 60 frames and the online is good on the Wii U.

Is the online actually good? I've had the console for about 8 months I think, but never tried it... not much of an online gamer anyways, just curious.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LegatoSkyheart

@brut_fruit said:

@LegatoSkyheart: no im talking about a complete graphical overhaul over those looney tunes ninty crap meaning a new game engine

and I'm saying that you're expecting too much from Nintendo.

Zelda isn't suddenly going to turn into The Witcher 3 by switching from a Nintendo Machine to a Microsoft/Sony Machine.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16560 Posts

nitnendo is so filthy rich, they have $10 billion dollars + in CASH reserves, they could post $250 million dollar losses for the next 50 years before going bankrupt. No need to go 3rd party any time soon, though I would love it if they decided to put some of their games on the PC. They could sell their controller accessory so that it connects to the PC for the games to work properly.

Anyways, nintendo dieing in the console industry would be really bad news for consoles in general. If it happened I would probably ditch consoles altogether. The only other non nintendo console game I give 2 shts about is halo.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@brut_fruit said:

Zelda isn't suddenly going to turn into The Witcher 3 by switching from a Nintendo Machine to a Microsoft/Sony Machine.

Damn, that would suck so bad anyways. There is definitely a place for more realistic visuals in gaming and TW3 certainly does it with style, but I love the highly stylized and bold visuals that Nintendo is known for.

Btw, it would be cool if Nintendo had a game that looked like Looney Tunes, can't really think of one though.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

the chances are more with other companies than nintendo who is stuck in the 90's

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ConanTheStoner

@brut_fruit said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

the chances are more with other companies than nintendo who is stuck in the 90's

I could eat some Taco Bell, chase it with some Absolute, and still crap out better bait than that.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@ConanTheStoner said:

Damn, that would suck so bad anyways. There is definitely a place for more realistic visuals in gaming and TW3 certainly does it with style, but I love the highly stylized and bold visuals that Nintendo is known for.

Btw, it would be cool if Nintendo had a game that looked like Looney Tunes, can't really think of one though.

They should make a Tiny Toons Game. Or Better yet, Konami should get the rights and re-release the Sega Genesis Tiny Toons game.

@brut_fruit said:

uh......

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@trugs26 said:

Is the online actually good? I've had the console for about 8 months I think, but never tried it... not much of an online gamer anyways, just curious.

There is no online.

Super Mario 3D World , Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U , Wii Fit U, Nintendo Land are few examples that main exclusive games has no online. Even Super Mario Party has no online. Those games would be so great to have co-op or online but none of them has online.

Even games that were on PS3 and Xbox 360 had online like : Sniper Elite V2 and batman arkham origins are just few examples that has no online on Wii U version while all other platforms has online.

Also games like Call of Duty has online on all platform, even on Wii u but problem is that online is dead on Wii u version, no players at all.

1080p and 60fps game(best looking game on Wii U) >

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By trugs26

@ConanTheStoner said:

@trugs26 said:

Not many games do have online multiplayer, but games like COD and Wii Sports Club do. Which have worked really well - I've had no problems. Big games in 2014 to look for with online that you can try is Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Also, you can test out the online by playing Wii Sports Club (since there is a free demo for 24 hours of play). Otherwise, Mario Kart isn't too far away.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LegatoSkyheart

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@trugs26 said:

There is no online.

Super Mario 3D World , Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U , Wii Fit U, Nintendo Land are few examples that main exclusive games has no online. Even Super Mario Party has no online. Those games would be so great to have co-op or online but none of them has online.

Even games that were on PS3 and Xbox 360 had online like : Sniper Elite V2 and batman arkham origins are just few examples that has no online on Wii U version while all other platforms has online.

Also games like Call of Duty has online on all platform, even on Wii u but problem is that online is dead on Wii u version, no players at all.

1080p and 60fps game(best looking game on Wii U) >

completely not true at all.

I find people playing Tekken Tag and Call of Duty all the time on WiiU.

haven't tried Resident Evil, but there is a community. It's small, but it's there.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@FreedomFreeLife:

Damn man, that looks pretty sweet! I almost forgot about Bayo 2.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm confused. You say there is no online, but then you say there is online, which is it?

Thanks in advance.

If its the former, I'll be sure to throw this piece of shit console out of my window since there aren't any places open to trade it in at the moment.

... just when I thought some of these games were actually fun, geez.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@Zassimick said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

and Wii U gamepad is reason why nobody buys Wii U

also what this gamepad helps when Wii U has no games and no online at all?

I'd argue that it isn't the Gamepad that people aren't buying the Wii U. Awareness and price are the two largest factors I see news outlets speaking of when they mention the Wii U's failures.

And I'm not exactly sure what you're saying in the second sentence, not exactly sure if you're resorting to trolling now or not, but there are games out for the Wii U. Many great games that I don't need to list because they've been listed countless times before and you could go to the Wii U page on this site to see them for yourself.

But the Gamepad offers terrific off-screen play for many titles, it has the potential to be a unique feature like when used in NintendoLand or ZombieU, and for games like Call of Duty it offers a neat experience to have two players in the game, one using the Gamepad and another using the TV. Great for having friends over! :P

The gamepad is costing the system, its expensive..that's why Nintendo aren't selling separately..remove it & you can probably shave off $100 off the Wii U price. Have a more uniform control - pro contoller...why Deus Ex:DC cost more on Wii U compare to its competitors?..because of gamepad yet it bring little difference in experience. Nintendo has dealt with dual screen since DS, yet for Wii U..they haven't provided much. Just because dual screens works on handheld doesn't mean it will be the same on console. :p

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ConanTheStoner

@trugs26 said:

Not many games do have online multiplayer, but games like COD and Wii Sports Club do. Which have worked really well - I've had no problems. Big games in 2014 to look for with online that you can try is Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Also, you can test out the online by playing Wii Sports Club (since there is a free demo for 24 hours of play). Otherwise, Mario Kart isn't too far away.

Ah, cool man. I might give it a shot some time, but I don't really play online much at all these days, not even on other platforms.

And when it comes to games like Mario Kart and Smash I always prefer local mp. Just more fun to me. :P

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife:

Damn man, that looks pretty sweet! I almost forgot about Bayo 2.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm confused. You say there is no online, but then you say there is online, which is it?

Thanks in advance.

If its the former, I'll be sure to throw this piece of shit console out of my window since there aren't any places open to trade it in at the moment.

... just when I thought some of these games were actually fun, geez.

There are very few games where has online but online is dead or very few players.

If you search like Club then it takes forever to find anyone. So yeah, very few games has online but no players.

Only 0.33% Of Call Of Duty Ghosts Sales Were Apparently For Wii U

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@FreedomFreeLife said:

There are very few games where has online but online is dead or very few players.

If you search like Club then it takes forever to find anyone. So yeah, very few games has online but no players.

Phew, close one! I had everything unhooked and was making my way to the window. Damn heavy ass tablet controller slowed me down luckily. Sometimes its like bench pressing a truck just trying to play ma games.

Also thank you for the update on CoD sales stats, making sure it was bold and increasing the font so I don't miss. I haven't touched a CoD game since 4, but you're my buddie, pal. :P

Truth be told, I never play multiplats on Nintendo consoles. I try to avoid playing them on consoles at all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#70 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41552 Posts

No, and don't tempt me to repeat why.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FreedomFreeLife

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Phew, close one! I had everything unhooked and was making my way to the window. Damn heavy ass tablet controller slowed me down luckily. Sometimes its like bench pressing a truck just trying to play ma games.

Also thank you for the update on CoD sales stats, making sure it was bold and increasing the font so I don't miss. I haven't touched a CoD game since 4, but you're my buddie, pal. :P

Truth be told, I never play multiplats on Nintendo consoles. I try to avoid playing them on consoles at all.

Games on Wii like Mario Party really needed online but it did not have any. or game Nintendo Land on Wii U. I mean let´s be fair. 99% time gamers playing alone at home. Game like Nintendo Land is fun to play against other players but when it has no online then this means you can´t play against nobody. Kinda meh. Even reviews said that Wii U needs online games but right now there arent much and few games that has online has no players. Only games i see online is Mario Kart and Super Smash fighting mario game but thats it. No other games has online. Kinda sad stuck with 2 online games. Maybe you don´t play online games then Wii U maybe fine for you but most gamers(like 95%) plays online games. Most people dident bought Wii U because it has no online. Even my friends dident buy. Look at Wii U sale. No online, no buy.(Even tho i bought Wii u im sad it has no online games).

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By trugs26

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Games on Wii like Mario Party really needed online but it did not have any. or game Nintendo Land on Wii U. I mean let´s be fair. 99% time gamers playing alone at home. Game like Nintendo Land is fun to play against other players but when it has no online then this means you can´t play against nobody. Kinda meh. Even reviews said that Wii U needs online games but right now there arent much and few games that has online has no players. Only games i see online is Mario Kart and Super Smash fighting mario game but thats it. No other games has online. Kinda sad stuck with 2 online games. Maybe you don´t play online games then Wii U maybe fine for you but most gamers(like 95%) plays online games. Most people dident bought Wii U because it has no online. Even my friends dident buy. Look at Wii U sale. No online, no buy.(Even tho i bought Wii u im sad it has no online games).

Sure some games could have online, but a lot of games would be completely crap online. Nintendo Land online? Seriously? That would be so boring. It's seriously just not worth it. Same goes for New Super Mario Bros. It'd just be frustrating online. I can imagine 3D World online (wouldn't be as good as local, but still possible online), because in that game you can actually co-operate and play together. But other than that, a lot of offline games on Wii U should be that way. The Wii U mini/party games wouldn't be fun online.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Nintendo is not known for hardware or software they make games. Nintendo has pretty much gave 3rd parties the middle finger and done things their own way. The could continue to make their games and not have to worry about the stuff they suck at and save money.

They could also see about getting rid of that stupid lcd controller. It cost too much,uses too much power,you can't take it any place and you only get one. The wii u would look pretty good for 200 bucks vs 400 and 500 for the other next gen consoles. While they are at it they should get a hard drive cause 32gb is a joke. Wii u for 200 with 320gb hard drive is a pretty good deal. They would just have to fix the online and marketing and just maybe the wii u would be a decent console.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 trugs26

@FreedomFreeLife: Also, just tested Wii Sports Club. I am getting a game within a second in the waiting room. Stop exaggerating/telling lies.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Sure some games could have online, but a lot of games would be completely crap online. Nintendo Land online? Seriously? That would be so boring. It's seriously just not worth it. Same goes for New Super Mario Bros. It'd just be frustrating online. I can imagine 3D World online (wouldn't be as good as local, but still possible online), because in that game you can actually co-operate and play together. But other than that, a lot of offline games on Wii U should be that way. The Wii U mini/party games wouldn't be fun online.

Those are party games. Party games needs online or whats the point of game anyway? Playing alone party game against your own? No thanks.

Nintendo Land does need online!!! Those are god damn games that would be fun to play against other players but now people has to play against their own, oh they can´t... now game collects dust. Meh. Yeah maybe not Mario Bors not need but still so many games needs online.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Also, just tested Wii Sports Club. I am getting a game within a second in the waiting room. Stop exaggerating/telling lies.

So i guess a whole world, youtube and reviewers are lying. Nice try. Against bot yes lol you find with second.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ConanTheStoner

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Those are party games. Party games needs online or whats the point of game anyway?

Wow, haha!

What an odd new generation.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By trugs26

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

So i guess a whole world, youtube and reviewers are lying. Nice try. Against bot yes lol you find with second.

You're calling me a liar, so there is nothing else to say. I'm telling you straight up, that right now, when I turn on Wii Sports Club, I find a match instantly (tested Tennis). You say you've got a Wii U, just go test it.

Also, now that I've verified this, I can tell everything you say about the Wii U is without basis. You obviously say things without even knowing what you're talking about.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

You're calling me a liar, so there is nothing else to say. I'm telling you straight up, that right now, when I turn on Wii Sports Club, I find a match instantly (tested Tennis). You say you've got a Wii U, just go test it.

Also, now that I've verified this, I can tell everything you say about the Wii U is without basis. You obviously say things without even knowing what you're talking about.

Again, Wii Sports Club is only a online game but where are other online games??? Well it is easy when it´s 1 vs 1 matches. My friend tested it yesterday, took 3 min to find player.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

No idea why people are saying no, unless they like paying for overpriced gimmicky outdated hardware just to play like 5 games. Be miles better if Nintendo went 3rd party, no shitty gimmicks to play their games, no having to pay for shit hardware to play their games, and plus since its better hardware better graphics, fps, and bigger game worlds plus more, so better Nintendo games.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 FreedomFreeLife

@ultimate-k said:

No idea why people are saying no, unless they like paying for overpriced gimmicky outdated hardware just to play like 5 games. Be miles better if Nintendo went 3rd party, no shitty gimmicks to play their games, no having to pay for shit hardware to play their games, and plus since its better hardware better graphics, fps, and bigger game worlds plus more, so better Nintendo games.

This. They say no because:

A)They paid money for Wii U and they don´t want to feel money wasted when it goes multiplatform

B)Nintendo fanboys

C)They fear that Sony and Microsoft forces them to make games they want, not the games Nintendo want.

About C), i say they wrong. Nintendo is free to make game they want on platform they want. They have their freedom to make big games, having online, better graphics and more things to do.

If they want to make gimmicks game, then PS4 got motion controller, easy to make Super Mario Galaxy 2, or make party games on Xbox One that has Kinect.

I guess FEAR is the thing why they vote NO

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 trugs26

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

Again, Wii Sports Club is only a online game but where are other online games??? Well it is easy when it´s 1 vs 1 matches. My friend tested it yesterday, took 3 min to find player.

- Wii Sports Club is not 'only a online game'. It has the offline game as well (local multiplayer and bots).
- "Well it's easy when it's 1vs 1..." - you conceding that you were lying earlier on. Also, I can go test CoD too if you like? Last I played, no problems. I can go prove you wrong again if you like?
- "My friend..." - right, your "friend" said this -.-

Bottom line is, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to first hand Wii U experience.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By no-scope-AK47

Nintendo has the comeback blueprint just look at what Sony did with the ps3. The problem is not just the hardware it's the leaders at Nintendo. They have been doing the same thing for so long they seem incapable of change. Nintendo is not dead but they are taking a beating.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FreedomFreeLife

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

- Wii Sports Club is not 'only a online game'. It has the offline game as well (local multiplayer and bots).

- "Well it's easy when it's 1vs 1..." - you conceding that you were lying earlier on. Also, I can go test CoD too if you like? Last I played, no problems. I can go prove you wrong again if you like?

Bottom line is, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to first hand Wii U experience.

Im not lying!!!

I meant by only a online game - a game that has online just like call of duty but other games not. Its rare to have online game on Wii U

1vs 1 - how i lied? it is easy find match because when it´s 1vs1. Yes, test CoD, find server that has all maps and modes playing at same time. If it has servers that has not my favorite map playing right now then it means no point to play game. So few players.

My friend - My friend, close friend, almost same as me. We both own Wii U and we both sad that we can´t play Nintendo Land online or other great games. Not want to play only "Call of Duty" or "Wii Sports Club". Where are other games?

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I vote "No", because they wouldnt be focusing on Playstation and Xbox, they would be focusing on making shovelware smartphone games. For some reason people think that cellphones are magical devices that solve all problems in the world, without proper controls the phones arent going to provide the quality gameplay that you expect from Nintendo, their reputation would take a nose dive and i think they would make more money off of selling millions of 60 dollar games on Playstation and Xbox rather than flooding an already flooded market with even more shovelware (AKA iOS/Android) This is the worst case scenario, I'd rather just buy their crappy hardware with great games on it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By trugs26

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

Im not lying!!!

I meant by only a online game - a game that has online just like call of duty but other games not. Its rare to have online game on Wii U

1vs 1 - how i lied? it is easy find match because when it´s 1vs1. Yes, test CoD, find server that has all maps and modes playing at same time. If it has servers that has not my favorite map playing right now then it means no point to play game. So few players.

My friend - My friend, close friend, almost same as me. We both own Wii U and we both sad that we can´t play Nintendo Land online or other great games. Not want to play only "Call of Duty" or "Wii Sports Club". Where are other games?

1. I'm not contesting that there are lots of Wii U games that are online. I don't know why you brought that up.

2. 1vs1: You stated earlier that it "has no online" and that you could never find a match. But now you're conceding by saying "okay you can find online, but my new excuse is that it's only 1vs1 so it's easy". Regardless, you lied earlier about not finding games online.

3. Refer to number 1. I'm not contesting this.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@superbuuman said:

The gamepad is costing the system, its expensive..that's why Nintendo aren't selling separately..remove it & you can probably shave off $100 off the Wii U price. Have a more uniform control - pro contoller...why Deus Ex:DC cost more on Wii U compare to its competitors?..because of gamepad yet it bring little difference in experience. Nintendo has dealt with dual screen since DS, yet for Wii U..they haven't provided much. Just because dual screens works on handheld doesn't mean it will be the same on console. :p

I don't disagree that the system could gain a lot more of a following if it weren't for the gamepad driving up the cost, but we would miss out on the unique functionality that it provides if Nintendo didn't provide it. There may not be many games that take full advantage of the gamepad yet, but what's there is great. Below is a paragraph you could skip describing what we've seen.

Since Zelda has been able to map all your items seamlessly through a second screen, it has been hard to go back. Wind Waker HD is all the better for this one little thing, A Link Between Worlds nails it with some quick-menu navigation. ZombieU, not a Nintendo game but a Wii U exclusive, does something innovative with the gamepad. It adds to the tension of the game in a unique way. Many games only offer a second-screen experience, which works extremely well. You see reviewers praising the Wii U version of multiplats like Assassin's Creed 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins solely because offering that map at your fingertips is extremely helpful and something no other console provides (you can do this with a Vita in AC4, and you can use your smartphone in that game as a second screen as well).

I remember back when the DS first released. Third-party developers didn't get it. For a while, Nintendo didn't get it. They created games that only needed one screen, barely took advantage of both. Once they figured it out though we started getting interesting, innovative gameplay ideas in these DS games. I expect it to happen with the Wii U, just with less games supporting this. Developing for a powerful console is much different than developing for the DS, so some developers are less willing to take risks and put out the unique title.

I can't tell you why Deus Ex costs so much on Wii U; that's more of a question for Square-Enix probably than Nintendo and it probably isn't just because of added gamepad functionality. And yeah, dual-screens may not work on consoles. But what we've seen so far has worked, and when dual-screen support isn't sought after we get some great off-screen play! IT has been a problem for Nintendo, but we'll see if they can overcome it in some way.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nintendoboy16

@superbuuman said:

No, if that were the case, Ubisoft wouldn't have charged $50 on the Wii U version of Rayman Legends and then drop the price all the same for all versions due to how ass the game sold.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

No. It always surprises me when I read threads like this in SW. Nintendo consoles are affordable and should be the companion console to PS/MS consoles.

But I guess most people can't afford two consoles so that's why they don't support Nintendo and want them to go third party. It wasn't good that Sega went that way.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

@brut_fruit said:

yes! cause only then their games wont look like some bright ass colored looney tunes crap

Wow Looney Tunes is a classic and much better than the crap on TV today. Your opinions are henceforth invalid.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#91 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

No, and they're not going to no matter how many PS and Xbox fans beg them to port their games onto their systems.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Demonjoe93 said:

No, and they're not going to no matter how many PS and Xbox fans beg them to port their games onto their systems.

Which begs the question...why don't they just buy the console.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 no-scope-AK47

@Demonjoe93 said:

Opening new markets is the smart move the wii u numbers are bad and their games are not doing good either. When a game like knack for example does better than a mario game it's time to think outside the box.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

Opening new markets is the smart move the wii u numbers are bad and their games are not doing good either. When a game like knack for example does better than a mario game it's time to think outside the box.

Launch games do better than they would if released with more choices.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#95  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Your poll is very immature. It would be best for Sony and MS to go third party so that people buy PC's and save some money so more games can be bought. Nintendo as a third party wouldn't really help anyone. Hardly anyone buys Nintendo titles no matter what genre they are or of what quality. It's only a small portion of gamers that look further than the big block buster titles that get a lot of media coverage.

That small group of intelligent gamers would not have to buy a Nintendo platform to buy Nintendo games in that situation. Big woop. Sorry but that does not weigh against the negative impact it would have on Nintendo game design. They would have to conform to horrible MS or Sony practices to sell to those markets. I wouldn't want a DLC riddled, buggy at launch game with achievements for going through the menu and without any hardware innovation.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ConanTheStoner

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

Question 1: If you ran one of the most successful game companies ever known for 30 years and during that time you sold over 600 million hardware units, would you simply drop out of the race at the first signs of trouble? Just call it quits? You have a well established brand, so much so that non-gamers still call any home console a Nintendo even if its an Xbox or a Playstation.... but you just throw in the towel?

Serious question, would you try to salvage the situation or just lay down and die?

Question 2: Do you think MS should have given up on hardware after the Xbox? Do you think Sony should have considered calling it quits during the first 2 years of the PS3?

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

No

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By nintendoboy16

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

Simply put, they just flat out don't like Nintendo and won't be blunt about it.

@no-scope-AK47 said:

In one country. A country that Nintendo has always had history of struggling in since even the NES/SNES (you know, the era's where almost everyone on this forum "loved" them so much). Other than that, Mario is faring better in the US than Knack is and I wouldn't be surprised if Japan ignored that game when the PS4 launches there. Also add, Mario got high praise (inb4lolnostalgia) while Knack got... yeah.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

That doesn't make sense. Why would they want the games on MS/Sony then?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

That doesn't make sense. Why would they want the games on MS/Sony then?

Its just the hate what you dont have mentality of course. If Mario were a Sony exclusive, cows would hype that shit to the moon and rub the scores in everyones face all the time.

Not like Nintendo is the victim here though, its the same across the board. If cows got the next Halo and lems got the next Uncharted it would be hilarious to see how quick the tables turn. Flip flops abound! lol