Should Capcom return to Old School RE theme ? (Now with Poll)

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution_Ali
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts

Capcom developed RE4 with a new formula, it was a huge hit and Overall game of the year.Then they developed RE5 with same theme,many were saying that RE4 gameplay was outstanding so will be the gameplay of RE5 as it is following its predecessor gameplay, But the reviews are against them.It has 86 percent average score on Gamerankings.And RE 5 does not carry any chance to win GOTY in any websites because Killzone 2 has better score overall.

So what do you think , should capcom make RE 6 with the formula of RE 4 and RE 5 or bring back Old school gameplay which revolutionized the games at that time as did RE 4 at its time. I think reason that RE 5 could not win much significance is because after RE 4 , many shooters were released.RE 5 is also a shooter but with slow pace.Better Shooter games gave been released than RE 5.For example GeOW 2.

So in my opinion, capcom , besides from great graphics should also focus on gameplay and bring back the Zombies and true single player experience in RE 6 (which will probably come in 2014 or 2015)

Note:I know there is a sticky thread but this is not only about RE 5 but about all RE series.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

Character should be able to walk back and forth while shooting, that's for sure. Other than that I love the gameplay, but I wish they would bring the atmostphere from the previous RE games.

Basically, mix up the two formulas for the best.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
No, I'm perfectly fine with the series the way it is. I'm glad it evolved. You could only go so far with the old formula.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Skittles_McGee
They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. CleanPlayer
Slow moving, easily avoided enemies never scared me a bit. You could reason that Majini and Ganados are more frightening. They still possess the qualities of a zombie in that they will not stop in their mission to kill you, except Ganados and Majini are physically stronger and more dangerous than zombies.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CleanPlayer

Character should be able to walk back and forth while shooting, that's for sure. Other than that I love the gameplay, but I wish they would bring the atmostphere from the previous RE games.

Chutebox
Not going to lie, Racoon City was the best atmosphere in all the RE games.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

No, I'm perfectly fine with the series the way it is. I'm glad it evolved. You could only go so far with the old formula.Skittles_McGee

The current formula is not bad I guess... but it ruined the whole Survival Horror to bits.

So back on topic:

want

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Indeed it was, But I feel that RE 3 city and its atmosphere and its Nemesis boss which appeared again and again in all the game was Mind Blowing and Very Frightening.It was the best RE for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Keep the new control mechanics, make enemies do more damage.. Less health pick ups, less ammo.. Wah lah we got a real survival horror game.. I am sorry people as a Resident Evil fan, late greats like Resident Evil 2 were good, but lets face it they were survival horror games for the WRONG reasons. There was plenty of ammunition.. Health etc etc.. But why were you on edge most times? Because the game mechanics were like you were in a WHEEL CHAIR during a foot race.. I mean only being able to see 50% of a room from a camera in teh corner is NOT good mechanics.. They are poor.. Not being able to aim aside from a simple 1 dimensional aim system of angles is poor.. Yeah lets shoot the guys chest 15 times, instead of you know aiming for the head.. RE games were great for its atmospheres, story, and such.. Poor on its gameplay mechanics.. RE4 and RE5 made that step but did not properly compensate.. They are great games, and I don't hope they should GO BAck persay.. But to have a complement game that would make that compensation..
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. Skittles_McGee
Slow moving, easily avoided enemies never scared me a bit. You could reason that Majini and Ganados are more frightening. They still possess the qualities of a zombie in that they will not stop in their mission to kill you, except Ganados and Majini are physically stronger and more dangerous than zombies.

I find zombies more scary than the Majini or Ganados. They are slow moving, but they do get you. My biggest issue with the Majini is they rush towards and then just slowly walk towards you and you can easily run by them. In the past resident evil games the zombies pratically overwhelmed you. Idk, there really isn't a right answer to this. You either dig the zombies or what they have now. I
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

It needs chilling music to make it scary..I mean devil may cry 1 is scarier than RE5 because the castle music was soo friggen creepy. Now that i think of it I want Devil May Cry to go back to a more creepy setting.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. CleanPlayer

I find zombies more scary than the Majini or Ganados. They are slow moving, but they do get you. My biggest issue with the Majini is they rush towards and then just slowly walk towards you and you can easily run by them. In the past resident evil games the zombies pratically overwhelmed you. Idk, there really isn't a right answer to this. You either dig the zombies or what they have now. I

I could very easily outrun a zombie by walking. The only advantage zombies ever had was that they outnumbered you and you were often in very small spaces, which is just a bad gameplay mechanic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. Skittles_McGee

This can be easy to fix with A) a lack of ammunition making careful planning on what you use it for.. B) lack of health with very damaging enemies.. C) add a possible infection mechanic too it.. And there you go you have every reason to stop the zombies from touching you, while at the same time being mindful in what to do and being forced to go in close range with them to conserve ammunition.. People need to realize that hte old RE games were tough because the actual game was unwieldy and had one of the worse cameras to date.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

CleanPlayer

Racoon City was awesome... As to the formula, I think they need to blend aspects of both... the newer ones are to action-oriented and lost all sense of fear, atmosphere and foreboding. this definately needs to be brought back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. CleanPlayer

Both can be extremely scary they just need to have leap out events, more chilling envirometns and music etc etc.. Majini's and Ganados are more scary to zombies though for obvious reasons if you saw one of those things in real life you would be far more scared than a shuffling drooling cadavor..
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. sSubZerOo

This can be easy to fix with A) a lack of ammunition making careful planning on what you use it for.. B) lack of health with very damaging enemies.. C) add a possible infection mechanic too it.. And there you go you have every reason to stop the zombies from touching you, while at the same time being mindful in what to do and being forced to go in close range with them to conserve ammunition.. People need to realize that hte old RE games were tough because the actual game was unwieldy and had one of the worse cameras to date.

I do realize that, and thats why I'm glad Capcom moved away from that and started realizing that sometimes a bad gameplay mechanic DOES need to be removed.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
The original RE formula is far, far more dated than the RE4 formula, I personally like RE5 game play, I'd much prefer a more horror centric atmosphere, along with puzzles. Maybe something like the original RE's puzzles, and atmosphere mixed with the RE5 game play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
The original RE formula is far, far more dated than the RE4 formula, I personally like RE5 game play, I'd much prefer a more horror centric atmosphere, along with puzzles. Maybe something like the original RE's puzzles, and atmosphere mixed with the RE5 game play.Im_single
I have to say this as well.. Puzzles in most games like RE2 were challenging due to the game being ambigious and unintutive not because they were actually difficult..
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Slow moving, easily avoided enemies never scared me a bit. You could reason that Majini and Ganados are more frightening. They still possess the qualities of a zombie in that they will not stop in their mission to kill you, except Ganados and Majini are physically stronger and more dangerous than zombies.Skittles_McGee

I could very easily outrun a zombie by walking. The only advantage zombies ever had was that they outnumbered you and you were often in very small spaces, which is just a bad gameplay mechanic.

But resident evil was something about Real Evils.Majini or Ganados are evils but in that case Locusts are also and Locusts are better than them.And Zombies surpass everyone.It is just natural that you fell more scared seeing zombies not by seeing Locusts,Majini or Ganados,.Similarly you feel more scary seeing ghosts than seeing Dinosaur or Gorillas
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Slow moving, easily avoided enemies never scared me a bit. You could reason that Majini and Ganados are more frightening. They still possess the qualities of a zombie in that they will not stop in their mission to kill you, except Ganados and Majini are physically stronger and more dangerous than zombies.Skittles_McGee

I do realize that, and thats why I'm glad Capcom moved away from that and started realizing that sometimes a bad gameplay mechanic DOES need to be removed.

Agreed but if you move away from a mechanic that doesn't work, move into one that works in the genre you created... TPS moved out of survival horror, and more into TPS action with horror overtones. A joining of the two would be most beneficial, aspects from both types of gameplay

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I WANT MY DAM ATMOSPHERE BACK!!! THe music and surrondings just dont scream horror. It screams geniric american action hero.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I find zombies more scary than the Majini or Ganados. They are slow moving, but they do get you. My biggest issue with the Majini is they rush towards and then just slowly walk towards you and you can easily run by them. In the past resident evil games the zombies pratically overwhelmed you. Idk, there really isn't a right answer to this. You either dig the zombies or what they have now. IRevolution_Ali

But resident evil was something about Real Evils.Majini or Ganados are evils but in that case Locusts are also and Locusts are better than them.And Zombies surpass everyone.It is just natural that you fell more scared seeing zombies not by seeing Locusts,Majini or Ganados,.Similarly you feel more scary seeing ghosts than seeing Dinosaur or Gorillas

I don't think it matters what your enemy is. Resident Evil was always about making you feel outnumbered, making you feel like there was no safe place, making you feel like your enemy was unstoppable. I feel the enemies in RE4 and RE5 perfectly fit that job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] I could very easily outrun a zombie by walking. The only advantage zombies ever had was that they outnumbered you and you were often in very small spaces, which is just a bad gameplay mechanic.Skittles_McGee

I don't think it matters what your enemy is. Resident Evil was always about making you feel outnumbered, making you feel like there was no safe place, making you feel like your enemy was unstoppable. I feel the enemies in RE4 and RE5 perfectly fit that job.

I don't think its that.. I think the atmosphere of RE1 and 2, is you had no clue whats going on.. It was chaotic.. It was not some evil master plan, like 4 and 5. 4 and 5 were predictable good guy has to save the world.. Which is alright, but the ones of first and second are far more appealing.. Where you arn't trying to save the world YOUR TRYING TO get the hell out.. For instance I didn't think that the zombies were attacking me because I was a good guy it is because I am aliv eand tyring to get the hell out.. The newer ones are predictable because all these bad guys are trying to speciifcally kill me..
NinjaOmega8900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NinjaOmega8900
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts
No!,Im fine the way RE is right now,If you want some creepy Atmopshere get Siren for the PS3 or silent Hill 2
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I think they should kill off RE, and start two new IPs

- One similar in atmosphere and gameplay (not necessarily the same controls, camera angles) to old RE

- One similar to RE4 and RE5

Because at this point the plot is just a mess.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] I could very easily outrun a zombie by walking. The only advantage zombies ever had was that they outnumbered you and you were often in very small spaces, which is just a bad gameplay mechanic.Skittles_McGee

I can't vouch for RE5, but RE4 did everything in its power to destroy that feeling.

Leon was made out to be a super hero who, instead of being genuinely frightened of his enemies, made jokes all the way through. Ammo was plentiful so while there were many enemies they could easily be taken down. Enemies seemed to run up to you and then stop, waiting for you to pick them off. It wasn't a struggle at all.

RE4 did everything its power to make LEON seem unstoppable, rather thant he enemy.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"] But resident evil was something about Real Evils.Majini or Ganados are evils but in that case Locusts are also and Locusts are better than them.And Zombies surpass everyone.It is just natural that you fell more scared seeing zombies not by seeing Locusts,Majini or Ganados,.Similarly you feel more scary seeing ghosts than seeing Dinosaur or Gorillashakanakumono

I can't vouch for RE5, but RE4 did everything in its power to destroy that feeling.

Leon was made out to be a super hero who, instead of being genuinely frightened of his enemies, made jokes all the way through. Ammo was plentiful so while there were many enemies they could easily be taken down. Enemies seemed to run up to you and then stop, waiting for you to pick them off. It wasn't a struggle at all.

RE4 did everything its power to make LEON seem unstoppable, rather thant he enemy.

I have to disagree. I remember when Leon first entered the village, triggering the sequence in the house. He was definitely losing his confidence there, it was plainly obvious. Just an example, of course. On top of that, notice that shooting a Ganado didn't make them stop. No mattter how many you killed, they would never retreat. They always kept coming. Nothing would make them stop. Whether or not it was difficult is a relatively moot point. The previous games in the RE series weren't difficult either. Zombies never killed you, bosses did, and even then very rarely.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] I don't think it matters what your enemy is. Resident Evil was always about making you feel outnumbered, making you feel like there was no safe place, making you feel like your enemy was unstoppable. I feel the enemies in RE4 and RE5 perfectly fit that job.Skittles_McGee

I have to disagree. I remember when Leon first entered the village, triggering the sequence in the house. He was definitely losing his confidence there, it was plainly obvious. Just an example, of course. On top of that, notice that shooting a Ganado didn't make them stop. No mattter how many you killed, they would never retreat. They always kept coming. Nothing would make them stop. Whether or not it was difficult is a relatively moot point. The previous games in the RE series weren't difficult either. Zombies never killed you, bosses did, and even then very rarely.

Losing his confidence? He made a joke as soon as they fled. They only portrayed him as smug and cocky.

They practically stop right in front of you waiting for you to shoot them.

There were other creatures than just zombies and the bosses. Hunters, Lickers, Chimera, ... all sorts of very deadly enemies in RE. Some of the regular enemies were more threatening than any boss fights.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Losing his confidence? He made a joke as soon as they fled. They only portrayed him as smug and cocky.

There were other creatures than just zombies and the bosses. Hunters, Lickers, Chimera, ... all sorts of very deadly enemies in RE.

The fact you mentioned he joke when they FLED shows my point. At any rate, as I said, difficulty is a moot point here. I realize there are creatures besides zombies, but none of them were very difficult to kill either. Hunters? Easy to dodge and even more easily defeated. Lickers were cool, I give you that, but hardly a challenge to defeat, especially since you could hear them coming a mile away.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] I have to disagree. I remember when Leon first entered the village, triggering the sequence in the house. He was definitely losing his confidence there, it was plainly obvious. Just an example, of course. On top of that, notice that shooting a Ganado didn't make them stop. No mattter how many you killed, they would never retreat. They always kept coming. Nothing would make them stop. Whether or not it was difficult is a relatively moot point. The previous games in the RE series weren't difficult either. Zombies never killed you, bosses did, and even then very rarely.Skittles_McGee

There were other creatures than just zombies and the bosses. Hunters, Lickers, Chimera, ... all sorts of very deadly enemies in RE.

The fact you mentioned he joke when they FLED shows my point. At any rate, as I said, difficulty is a moot point here. I realize there are creatures besides zombies, but none of them were very difficult to kill either. Hunters? Easy to dodge and even more easily defeated. Lickers were cool, I give you that, but hardly a challenge to defeat, especially since you could hear them coming a mile away.

It doesn't prove that he was losing his confidence.

Hunters were a huge threat, what are you talking about? All of them could definitely be threatening. Are you forgetting the fact that if you're on low health hunters will kill you automatically? I rarely died in boss fights, but I've died when faced with plenty of regular enemies.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Hunters were a huge threat, what are you talking about? All of them could definitely be threatening. Are you forgetting the fact that if you're on low health hunters will kill you automatically? I rarely died in boss fights, but I've died when faced with plenty of regular enemies.

If you're low on health, your chances of getting killed are higher no matter what you fight. At any rate, I guess we have to agree to disagree, this really isn't getting anywhere.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] The fact you mentioned he joke when they FLED shows my point. At any rate, as I said, difficulty is a moot point here. I realize there are creatures besides zombies, but none of them were very difficult to kill either. Hunters? Easy to dodge and even more easily defeated. Lickers were cool, I give you that, but hardly a challenge to defeat, especially since you could hear them coming a mile away.Skittles_McGee

If you're low on health, your chances of getting killed are higher no matter what you fight. At any rate, I guess we have to agree to disagree, this really isn't getting anywhere.

Zombies are better at that point than hunters.

Alright.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Hmm I do like the old feel for Resident Evil. Heck I'd like to enjoy a re-make of RE 2 and 3 with the old formula. I thinking of grabbing those for gamecube but they were too expensive IMO since they didn't tweak anything or make the graphics sharper.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
They should develop a new formula. I do agree though, it's time to bring back the zombies. They add more fear than what they have now. CleanPlayer
they have fear now? its not even survival horror anymore its just an action game with bad controles
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I don't care where they gowith it but RE 4 was not scary at all. It was awesome but scary? Hardly. In RE 5 Chris is so jacked up on steroids that I would feel more safe with him than 10 police officers. Seriously, broad day light Africa is supose to set up tension? God no, and again, RE 5 is awesome but still. Its basically:

Chris: (in manly voice) Sheva, I'm hurt, get over here and give me some steroids.

Sheva: (injects Chris with steroids)

Chris: Yeah, steroids (in equally burly, dirt filled voice)

Come on, is that scary people? It doesn't help when the levels are so wide open I can just run away or around an enemy.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hakanakumono

I don't care where they gowith it but RE 4 was not scary at all. It was awesome but scary? Hardly. In RE 5 Chris is so jacked up on steroids that I would feel more safe with him than 10 police officers. Seriously, broad day light Africa is supose to set up tension? God no, and again, RE 5 is awesome but still. Its basically:

Chris: (in manly voice) Sheva, I'm hurt, get over here and give me some steroids.

Come on, is that scary people? It doesn't help when the levels are so wide open I can just run away or around an enemy.

ActicEdge

This.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

hakanakumono

This.

Seriously, RE5's first trailer made me think we were in for something truly different and chris wasn't nearly as jacked. I was wrong but RE5 is still awesome so I'm not really all that disappointed.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

This.

lundy86_4

Seriously, RE5's first trailer made me think we were in for something truly different and chris wasn't nearly as jacked. I was wrong but RE5 is still awesome so I'm not really all that disappointed.

lol I see Chris in a video and i'm like WTF? The guy is huge... if you ran in to this guy, you would literally**** bricks

So true. Like I said, if I had to choose between 10 regular police officers and Chris Refield, I'd pick Chris everytime. This guy could punch a hole in a brick wall and explode a Zombie just by looking at it. So jacked is he.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

lol I see Chris in a video and i'm like WTF? The guy is huge... if you ran in to this guy, you would literally**** bricks

So true. Like I said, if I had to choose between 10 regular police officers and Chris Refield, I'd pick Chris everytime. This guy could punch a hole in a brick wall and explode a Zombie just by looking at it. So jacked is he.

lol he doesn't suit the RE theme, as he could just destroy everything. I'm psyched to see him and Wesker duke it out, as i'm only up to Ch3 I think

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Revolution_Ali"] But resident evil was something about Real Evils.Majini or Ganados are evils but in that case Locusts are also and Locusts are better than them.And Zombies surpass everyone.It is just natural that you fell more scared seeing zombies not by seeing Locusts,Majini or Ganados,.Similarly you feel more scary seeing ghosts than seeing Dinosaur or GorillassSubZerOo

I don't think its that.. I think the atmosphere of RE1 and 2, is you had no clue whats going on.. It was chaotic.. It was not some evil master plan, like 4 and 5. 4 and 5 were predictable good guy has to save the world.. Which is alright, but the ones of first and second are far more appealing.. Where you arn't trying to save the world YOUR TRYING TO get the hell out.. For instance I didn't think that the zombies were attacking me because I was a good guy it is because I am aliv eand tyring to get the hell out.. The newer ones are predictable because all these bad guys are trying to speciifcally kill me..

Right here people! Read now! This is exactly why i dont like RE4 or 5. Sure they are fun, but they are not what makes RE fun, they dont have the feeling of trying to survive.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#42 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Polls are your friend, and yes the old was better.
Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Revolution_Ali

Now vote !!!

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts

Chutebox

Bingo we have a winner,but i don't agree with the gun and move comment,it takes the tension away.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Revolution_Ali
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Bingo we have a winner,but i don't agree with the gun and move comment,it takes the tension away.

Chris can do almost everything, he can jump,punch,drive a boat.But he cannot walk and run,what kind of commando(S.T.AR.) he is? This is unreal.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I can see it now, Capcom going back to the old RE and it'll end up being holy hell for them the problem with people is they dont know what they want, you sya you want it now but by the time that happens so many more advance games will come out and people will wish resident evil was doing the same thing. People ruined the franchise's gameplay not capcom

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
Yes, I would like to see something different with the next RE
mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I think they should just choose one I don't care if it's action or horror but the compromise between the two isn't working imo.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Well they were never crtiticized for re-using the same gameplay back then as with RE4 and RE5.. I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the early RE4 tech demos were the best way RE should have gone, RE4/RE5 controls, but atmosphere similar to the old ones, in jails, mansions, etc, not just killing infected villagers here and there, mostly out in the open.. where you can freely run around and away from enemies..
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Something to know about the new RE: DC coming out.

"Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles will be 'very dark', feature improved camera system "What we're looking to do is go back to a 'very dark' style of Resident Evil. 'Dark' is really a key word for this game. It will be shown in horror, in the storyline, in the emotions that the characters go through. (Cavia is) putting a lot of care, a lot of attention into [improving] how the camera system works in a rail-based shooter." - Masachika Kawata, producer"