Sheep where the fire emblem hype and Fire emblem> blue dragon true or false

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts

come on Hype it

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

Um, I don't know which one is better because I haven't played them yet. :P

BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
well they are totally different genres. Fire Emblem is a turn based strategy RPG. Blue Dragon is a Japanese style RPG (im pretty sure). thats like comparing Resistance and Gears. while i may personally find Resistance better you have to acknolage that they share few traits
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
Blue Dragon of course.
Kiuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kiuk
Member since 2004 • 2250 Posts
Come on sheep hype that POS....
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16048 Posts
Obviously Blue Dragon.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Well they're both JRPG titles, but one is a sub genre beyond that nomenclature being a SRPG.

They really don't play alike all that much, and Fire Emblem games are really SRPG-lite imho (not that it's bad, I still love them).

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Considering the new rating system Fire Emblem 10 will probably get 8.5-9.0.
Gimli524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gimli524
Member since 2004 • 1527 Posts

Blue Dragon of course.xjet039

Really..?

Anyways I havn't played either. Havn't even looks at any info for either. All I know is Roy and Marth from SSBM are from FE. No voting for me.

Avatar image for brightshadow525
brightshadow525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 brightshadow525
Member since 2006 • 1149 Posts
I love the Fire Emblem series so much. I've never played blue dragon, so it doesn't look that great to me.
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
When I have played both I will decide. Blue Dragon looks pretty cool though.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

You know what would be a good idea? Playing them first. Then one could make an educated judgement instead of claiming facts that simply can't be known.

Now if it was a "Which do you think will be better?" thread, that would be different.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

A pretty bad JRPG vs the most outdated and horrible SRPG... I think I need to play Shining Force.

Where's the next gen shining force, folks! Or Suikoden!

Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts

A pretty bad JRPG vs the most outdated and horrible SRPG... I think I need to play Shining Force.

NobuoMusicMaker

When I saw you made a reply I just imagined you saying "Both aren't Sony series so therefore I don't like them!"

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
They play completely different. I like Fire Emblem better though.
Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Banhammer3000
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

I like Blue dragon more,the style of blue dragon is cool.Fire emblem well,not so much.

Yet IMO both are crap if you compare them to Guildwars,NWN1&2,WOW Etc.IMO JRPG are getting old,they are still cool but c'mon.

KuraiShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KuraiShinigami
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

I love the Fire Emblem series, but I haven't played Blue Dragon. Akira Toriyama (manga artist known for creating the Dragon Ball series) will work as the character designer. He is also know for his artwork in the Dragon Quest series. If you enjoyed Dragon Quest and the art style, then you should enjoy (hopefully) Blue Dragon. I am looking forward to it, but for now:

Fire Emblem = Blue Dragon (I think...lol)

Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Banhammer3000
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

Come on sheep hype that POS....Kiuk

I didnt know people still use the"POS" term.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

An excellentJRPG vs the most awesome SRPG... I think I need to play Shining Force.

Where's the next gen shining force, folks! Or Suikoden because there on sony platforms. I have no friends.

NobuoMusicMaker

fixed

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
Haven't played the Fire Emblem game that came out for the GC but the ones on the GBA were just boring. Golden Sun was better and would be a better game to bring to the Wii. But Blue Dragon > Fire Emblem
mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mazdaspeed-rx8
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
i played blue dragon, i can honestly say it blows goats. one of the most boring demo i ever played. but i must say the jungle lvl was pretty. but they need to shoot the person who done the dialogue, its like sonic's dialogue.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#22 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
They're kind of totally different.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Blue Dragon simply because I can't stand turn based strategy games.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#24 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

i played blue dragon, i can honestly say it blows goats. one of the most boring demo i ever played. but i must say the jungle lvl was pretty. but they need to shoot the person who done the dialogue, its like sonic's dialogue. mazdaspeed-rx8

It's a japanese role playing game. What do you expect?

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

Metroid_Time

When I saw you made a reply I just imagined you saying "Both aren't Sony series so therefore I don't like them!"

Hmmm Shining Force was never on a Playstation. Not to my knowledge anyways.

ShaneBeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 ShaneBeck
Member since 2005 • 10511 Posts
I love both but I gotta go with BD:)
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
:D This thread fails on multiple levels.
Kiuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kiuk
Member since 2004 • 2250 Posts

[QUOTE="Kiuk"]Come on sheep hype that POS....Banhammer3000

I didnt know people still use the"POS" term.

Well now you do,move along

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
1. Completely Different Games
2. Blue Dragon is bigger and has better graphics
3. Fire Emblem is story heavy and takes a lot of strategy.
4. I bet blue dragon is the better game(guess)
5. Fire Emblem is more of my kind of game and i prefer it over other RPG's even though they all have differnet stile gameplay.
6. Fire Emblem is fun! but it is a GC game. Nothing cna get around that.

BTW i voted FE because i enjoy the games more, just wish i didn't have to pay 50$ for a GC game. but i know i will :P
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Goten_king
[QUOTE="Metroid_Time"][QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]

NobuoMusicMaker

Hmmm Shining Force was never on a Playstation. Not to my knowledge anyways.

When sega went under, shining force changed its genre to an action RPG i beleve and went on sony consoles, and they suck now.

Shining Force (gen) = Fire Emblem basically.

Sure some will say SF > FE or FE > SE, but they offer very similar gaming experiences.

I loved Shining Force 1 on the genesis, but thats the only game i've played. It's what got me interested in Fire Emblem.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts
i hope they make a DS version
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Goten_king
i hope they make a DS versionNorthlandMan

I know! i can't beleive the maker sees FE as a console game, and not a handheld game, after how well it did on the GBA. O well, it will come eventually, but still, why must they wait so long.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Come on sheep hype that POS....Kiuk

Funny considering Blue Dragon flopped in Japan and got subpar reviews. At least Fire Emblem is known to be a consistantly good franchise. Fanboys :roll:

I never did play Path of Radiance for the Gamecube, methinks I should have but I did own the GBA ones which were good fun (although I prefered Advance Wars for turn based combat). That being said, Fire Emblem is an turn based strategy cross with RPG elements, whereas Blue Dragon looks similar to thetraditional RPG style

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts
I never did like Fire Emblem, Blue Dragon looks amazing. Maybe because I like turn base rpg's and FE is a stragedy RPG.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DSgamer64

Blue Dragon simply because I can't stand turn based strategy games.vashkey

I suppose you might be right in a sense. I honestly think that turn based strategy should be left for handheld games because that is where they excel the most, 3D console one's just do not seem right to me. Fire Emblem would be a lot cooler if it was like traditional RPG's, however I do not see why Nintendo could not put some tactical features into the game in terms of combat, although it would be completely new and harder to impliment.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Blue Dragon is the superior. Fire Emblem is an outdated and boring franchise.
Lyude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lyude77
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]i hope they make a DS versionGoten_king

I know! i can't beleive the maker sees FE as a console game, and not a handheld game, after how well it did on the GBA. O well, it will come eventually, but still, why must they wait so long.

In Japan, Fire Emblem 1-5 were on consoles, and therefore is a console series. There have only been three on the GBA, 6-8. Nine is also on a console, and ten will be as well. The Japanese bought the console versions more than the portable ones, so that's why they brought it back to consoles. Yes, personally I liked FE7 (the first one in America) the best, and it was portable, but it's still mainly a console series.

Oh, and to your earlier post, FE: GoD is supposed to be a really long game (the longest so far), so that's why it would be worth more money. I still wish it was a DS game, though, so that it would be $15 cheaper. :x

Obviously Fire Emblem is my favorite, so I voted for that over Blue Dragon. Oh, and there would be more strategy if Intelligent Systems made the A.I. more difficult (adjust to the way you are playing). I think that was actually a feature in one of the Japanese FE's, but enemies still acted poorly some of the time. Fire Emblem is actually pretty hard on hard mode, anyway. What FE also needs are user-created maps that could be shared over the internet. Intelligent systems already included a map maker with Advance Wars, so I think they should be able to do the same for Fire Emblem.

Whoever said it is terrible needs to play it first or look beyond the fact that it's a strategy game. It's like how people can not like RE4 but see that it's a quality game (like me :P).

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]i hope they make a DS versionGoten_king

i know!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy about an online advance wars but it is an ABSOLUTE JOKE that the GBA got 3 Fire Emblems and the infinately more popular DS has none

Nintendo is run by clowns

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
I've never played a Fire Emblem game, but the demo for Blue Dragon was awful imo, so I'm going to assume Fire Emblem is better
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#40 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

the problem with fire emblem is that it is a gamecube game, obviously. They didn't even add the wiimote for selecting through menus and moving units, so it's a bit of a waste. Having said that, I would rather play Goddess of Dawn, but I wouldn't consider myself a coinneseur of rpgs

The next fire emblem will bea better comparison. Intelligent systems said they are implementing the wiimote a lot more in that title. I wish I had the link, but I saw it on someone else's thread. It is happening though

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DSgamer64

Blue Dragon is the superior. Fire Emblem is an outdated and boring franchise. BioShockOwnz

Japan disagrees with you, Fire Emblem sells like hotcakes, Blue Dragon was a horrible idea and it flopped.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I like Fire Emblem more because i like the strategy part of the games. RPGs are very long, and Fire EMblem is just long enough which i like personally. But both will be great games. im buying both.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Blue Dragon is the superior. Fire Emblem is an outdated and boring franchise. DSgamer64

Japan disagrees with you, Fire Emblem sells like hotcakes, Blue Dragon was a horrible idea and it flopped.

It sold 300k on a 420k selling system. If anything it was a minor success for the 360. It was a critical success there as well. It was a fantastic idea and did not flop in one way other than the 360 being a flop in Japan. and last i checked did this Fire Emblem sell all that well in Japan. Not really as much as past versions.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="Goten_king"][QUOTE="NorthlandMan"]i hope they make a DS versionNorthlandMan

i know!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy about an online advance wars but it is an ABSOLUTE JOKE that the GBA got 3 Fire Emblems and the infinately more popular DS has none

Nintendo is run by clowns

Well maybe they are making a DS Fire Emblem.......I believe that FE:GoD is coming to Wii just because it is a sequel to PoR (which was on Gamecube). Unless Intelligent Systems has publicly stated that they wont be making anymore handheld Fire Emblems this is my guess to why the DS hasn't received one yet.

Lyude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lyude77
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

the problem with fire emblem is that it is a gamecube game, obviously. They didn't even add the wiimote for selecting through menus and moving units, so it's a bit of a waste. Having said that, I would rather play Goddess of Dawn, but I wouldn't consider myself a coinneseur of rpgs

The next fire emblem will bea better comparison. Intelligent systems said they are implementing the wiimote a lot more in that title. I wish I had the link, but I saw it on someone else's thread. It is happening though

GunSmith1_basic

Using the pointer for moving units is too inaccurate because of the small squares you would have to point at. Making the squares bigger would make the game substantially larger also. It's just like all of those other precision games that were a little difficult. The pointer is good for general areas, not small squares.

On selecting menus, you have a point, but since you won't use it in the actual gameplay, they were probably better off leaving it out.

Yeah, probably so, but I wish you could find the link. XD

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Not the Apples Vs Oranges argument again.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I am buying both.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

I am buying both.ArisShadows

Me to.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]I am buying both.Marka1700

Me to.

ME THREE.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#50 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I have Fire Emblem on the GBA. Not a bad game, but I'm not really a fan and not interested in playing another. Blue Dragon, however, is was worked on by Sakaguchi, who was also a part of the development of Super Mario RPG, my favourite game. I'd be much more interested in Blue Dragon. Blue Dragon isn't out in the Americas and Fire Emblem isn't released anyway. It's awfully early for anyone to say one is better than the other.