SFIV, dont bother without a joystick.

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts
Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.
Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts
L2P NOOB! lol j/k but really?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.GiveMeSomething

I beat the game on the hardest setting with a Dual Shock 3.

I had 30 ranked wins in A ROW with the Dual Shock 3.

I have played 186 matches, with a 89% victory rating with a dual shock 3.

I would be able to do these things with a 360 Dpad, or Analog stick.

I have Beat the game with every character, and have 50% of the achievements with a Dualshock 3.

I just won a GameCrazy Tourney with 34 players vs. Me, and no arcade stick.

Arcade sticks are better, but as you can see, certain Dpads ROCK!

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts
well... i can beat it on medium... but its sooo damn difficult. and forget about using sakura, thats not something u want to do willingly
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy

well... i can beat it on medium... but its sooo damn difficult. and forget about using sakura, thats not something u want to do willingly GiveMeSomething

It's tough, but this is no surprise to really, any Street Fighter game. SFIII had Gill, and the EX and Alpha series were tough too.

What controller are you using? 360 or PS3, because if it's 360, you really should go buy a fighting controller or arcade stick, the Dpad is very poor, which forces many gamers to use the Analog stick, which unbeknown to them, is VERY, VERY Imprecise.

They aren't going to Tourney's though, so they may never notice (I have two more tourney's to go to Saturday, which is later today.)

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
I have a 360 and its Analog all the way, I know that sounds crazy but I wont touch the d-pad
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy

I have a 360 and its Analog all the way, I know that sounds crazy but I wont touch the d-padonewiththegame

That's because you have no choice. Trust me, I have SF2,SSF2HD, and SF4 on 360, and since the DPAD blows so bad, it's has to be analog stick.However, it's not as precise as a GOOD DPAD, which puts you at a disadvantage against good Dpad players.

To negate this, it becomes an Arcade stick issue, however, many things can be done with a Great Dpad > Great Analog stick.

UGCoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UGCoat
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts
I've been bragging about my nice flashy neon blue fighter pad for weeks prior to Street Fighter IV. Turns out i'm better with the Dual Shock 3. So now I think I need a nice flashy neon blue Dual Shock 3 controller. Dual Shock 3: Best Fighter Pad: Ok for PS3, necessary for 360 360 controller: Horrible I'm currently going back and fourth with the 360 version. I'll probably play some more soon.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]well... i can beat it on medium... but its sooo damn difficult. and forget about using sakura, thats not something u want to do willingly SolidTy

It's tough, but this is no surprise to really, any Street Fighter game. SFIII had Gill, and the EX and Alpha series were tough too.

What controller are you using? 360 or PS3, because if it's 360, you really should go buy a fighting controller or arcade stick, the Dpad is very poor, which forces many gamers to use the Analog stick, which unbeknown to them, is VERY, VERY Imprecise.

They aren't going to Tourney's though, so they may never notice (I have two more tourney's to go to Saturday, which is later today.)

Hell Im not even a tourney player and I can tell how crap the joystick is. I cant do ultras because pressing 3 buttons at once on the 360 controller is a nuisance. Seeing as you're a tourney player my friend tells me they have banned Seth from tourney play. Is this true?
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.SolidTy

I have Beat the game with every character, and have 50% of the achievements with a Dualshock 3.

got boring after the first line...think everyone got the point there.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]I have a 360 and its Analog all the way, I know that sounds crazy but I wont touch the d-padSolidTy

That's because you have no choice. Trust me, I have SF2,SSF2HD, and SF4 on 360, and since the DPAD blows so bad, it's has to be analog stick.However, it's not as precise as a GOOD DPAD, which puts you at a disadvantage against good Dpad players.

To negate this, it becomes an Arcade stick issue, however, many things can be done with a Great Dpad > Great Analog stick.

I agree with SF2, but I'm telling you the analog really isn't that bad in SF4, there hasn't been any moves I can't pull off cuz of the controls

but nothing beats a acade stick

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]I have a 360 and its Analog all the way, I know that sounds crazy but I wont touch the d-padonewiththegame

I agree with SF2, but I'm telling you the analog really isn't that bad in SF4, there hasn't been any moves I can't pull off cuz of the controls

but nothing beats a acade stick

I'm probably pickier, since I'm a tourney player, and I alway have to have over 75% win/loss ratio in SF (right now I have almost 90% ranked wins, in almost 200 matches.)

I know it's doable, but it's not preferred. The other problem is I have friends come over constantly, and they don't like playing when I am rocking an arcade stick, while they have to use the frusterating Dpad.

This isn't an issue when we play on my PS3 version,but yeah, the analog stick is doable...

I agree, Arcade stick is the best, but it's nice to have a good alternative for yourself or friends.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.yoyo462001

He needed encouragement, and furthermore, I wanted to illustrate what is INDEED POSSIBLE.

It's nice that SF4 bores you, but I love it, it's amazing.

Any posts about it don't bore me in the slightest.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]well... i can beat it on medium... but its sooo damn difficult. and forget about using sakura, thats not something u want to do willingly 6matt6

Hell Im not even a tourney player and I can tell how crap the joystick is. I cant do ultras because pressing 3 buttons at once on the 360 controller is a nuisance. Seeing as you're a tourney player my friend tells me they have banned Seth from tourney play. Is this true?

Yes, so far only the ARCADE players are allowed, which means No AKUMA, GOUKEN, SETH, Fei Long, Cammy, Rose, Gen, Sakura, and Dan.

It kinda sucks because I rock with Rose, Gen, and Dan, but them's the breaks. I luckily mastered the SHOTO's a long time ago, and play Sagat, Blanka, Vega, and Zangief....sometimes Dhalsim.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
[QUOTE="yoyo462001"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

He needed encouragement, and furthermore, I wanted to illustrate what is INDEED POSSIBLE.

SF4 doesnt bore me at all, hopefulyl getting it in few days, it was just that long list
MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.SolidTy

agreed. I'm owning people online with DualShock 3. Joystick imo, are overrated, they just want use to buy those expensive things. master the game using a d-pad and save yourself money. also DualShock > MadCrap padz.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="yoyo462001"]got boring after the first line...think everyone got the point there.yoyo462001

SF4 doesnt bore me at all, hopefulyl getting it in few days, it was just that long list

Yes, it's a long list, but think how much time and effort I had to put to achieve such a long list. I'm sorry you had to read such a list, but I had to endure playing through that, so I don't mind modivating other Street Fighter players with lists on what to accomplish....especially since he came here asking for it. :)

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Who do you use?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.110million

Who do you use?

Who don't I use? I love em' all, Man, I guess I don't use the new characters all that much yet.

Also, I haven't used AKUMA, GOUKEN, or SETH in Ranked Matches, I don't want to take the chance at people being rude.

I grew up always loving Ryu and Vega, but I mastered every character in the SF games, from Dan, to Zangief, to Skullomania.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Well, now I know who to avoid online! :P

Just messin', congrats on the tourney win!

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
DO I need to pay Microsuck to play this game online? I know it's free for ps3 version, but not so sure about Xbox360.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Damn. :(

I was really looking forward to getting this for 360, but now that the controller is so bad I might just pick up the PC version...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.yokofox33

Oh, thanks!Gamestop is having one today, if you are near one,go for it!

Yeah, Playing ranked matches can be a blast, because you don't know who you will run into!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.Tasman_basic

My penis is the longest My penis is the thickest My penis is the best! And my mum said so!

Although true, I don't know what that has to do with SF4, I use my hands to play that game.

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vlaphor
Member since 2002 • 1345 Posts
One thing I never understood was the hate towards the 360 d-pad. It works just fine, I use it all the time in fighting game and I never have any trouble pulling off moves. It's a little stiff, but other than that it's great.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidTy

One thing I never understood was the hate towards the 360 d-pad. It works just fine, I use it all the time in fighting game and I never have any trouble pulling off moves. It's a little stiff, but other than that it's great.Vlaphor

Well, that's fine, but M$ acknowledged there is an issue, and even REMADE the Dpad for use in Europe to play Winning for Konami.

Many sites, even GS's review of BIONIC COMMMANDO knocked the 360 score by .5, again due to the Dpad.

Anyone can overcome a hinderance, but if you want to go a few rounds in SSF2HD on 360, I'll oblige you. I will win, and I will point out the flaws through the headset if you want.

I too have overcome the issue, but not to the point where I would call it "great."The Dpad isn't even servicable, it's just poor.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="Vlaphor"]One thing I never understood was the hate towards the 360 d-pad. It works just fine, I use it all the time in fighting game and I never have any trouble pulling off moves. It's a little stiff, but other than that it's great.SolidTy

Well, that's fine, but M$ acknowledged there is an issue, and even REMADE the Dpad for use in Europe to play Winning for Konami.

Many sites, even GS's review of BIONIC COMMMANDO knocked the 360 score by .5, again due to the Dpad.

Anyone can overcome a hinderance, but if you want to go a few rounds in SSF2HD on 360, I'll oblige you. I will win, and I will point out the flaws through the headset if you want.

I too have overcome the issue, but not to the point where I would call it "great."

I would take up your offer but you could spend hours pointing out my flaws. Havent played SF since the SNES and have just gotten back into last month. (brought HD remix)
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

I mastered every character in the SF games

SolidTy

Uh huh

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

yeah that would be good...

unless we could actually find one:|

im guessing half those controllers are gone by now, if not sold out

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

speedsix

Uh huh

I didn't exactly say that (I posted more), but whatever, I've been playing SF before it existed on Consoles.

You sound jealous, but it's okay, most people are when they see me play in the Arcades, Don't hate the Player, Hate the Game.

IVIadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IVIadHatter
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
I have not seen many comments on the custom controller that came with the 360 version. I played the game on the 360 at Gamestop and I was unable to be precise with the regular controller. I could pull supers off fine with the analog. But when I played the PS3 I was much more precise because of the Dpad. Is the Dpad on the custom 360 controller close to being as precise as the PS3 controller?
speedsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 speedsix
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Uh huh

You sound jealous, but it's okay, most people are when they see me play in the Arcades, Don't hate the Player, Hate the Game.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight :roll:

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
the only one who's hard on easy is seth. and no, you do not need a joystick, seth is cheap in general, with or without a joytstick. just be cheap back (i.e, low HK)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
[QUOTE="yokofox33"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Oh, thanks!Gamestop is having one today, if you are near one,go for it!

Yeah, Playing ranked matches can be a blast, because you don't know who you will run into!

I live in Japan, so that's a no go. And even if I were back in the States, I would be absolutely mopped to the floor in less than 10 seconds. I am not a good SF player, and SFIV is really my first time playing a SF game in a loooooong time. I'm ages away from being a tourney participant, let alone a somewhat competitive player online.

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

do you have any vids of your matches on you tube? id love to see you in action but wouldnt want to actually play you online and get my ass kicked.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GiveMeSomething"]Its impossible. I cant even beat the game on easy. I need a JOYSTICK.jon_cia

do you have any vids of your matches on you tube? id love to see you in action but wouldnt want to actually play you online and get my ass kicked.

No, I don't believe in that, one of my strategies is surprising the opponent, and I can't go around doing that while showing the world how I play. I guess when I retire though...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Yeah I think I'm going to have to buy an arcade stick. I know above all, I suck at SF4, but it's not fun to try techniques and end up always jumping.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="speedsix"]

Uh huh

cuddlesofwar

I didn't exactly say that (I posted more), but whatever, I've been playing SF before it existed on Consoles.

Nah. Most people have lives to boast about. Or at least, something far more significant.

Would you feel better if I told you how many square feet my current house is, my house that I rent out's size, my cabin, my swimming pool, or what kind of car I drive? It's the internet, dude. If anything, you sound jealous as well.

At least I can back up what I say by taking on all challengers in this thread, but after I play in my TWO TOURNEY's Today.

Being good at Basketball, Chess, Football, Videogames, Jeopardy, Writing, Poker, Singing, or whatever doesn't mean you don't have a life. Some of us with talent just have it.

If you VISIT a game Forum, GAMES tend to come up, why would anyone boast about non gaming things here? To make you feel like the post they make is more "Significant"? C'mon.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
i have that green coloured controller (the one with the better d pad) and the dual shock 3 is still much better
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="speedsix"]

Uh huh

speedsix

Riiiiiiiiiiiight :roll:

Finally, we agree. Yay.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Nah. Most people have lives to boast about. Or at least, something far more significant

If you VISIT a game Forum, GAMES tend to come up, why would anyone boast about non gaming things here? To make you feel like the post they make is more "Significant"? C'mon.

thats true especially the last part i dont get why people get jealous over videogames....... we are all gamers here.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
[QUOTE="speedsix"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Uh huh

lol exactly. I thought you cheated or something on your 360 gamertag, but you are just that damn good lol.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm playing with the 360 controller, I've unlocked all the characters, beat the game on medium, played 100 xbox live matches and won 50 online matches. It's not impossible.
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts

I live in Japan, so that's a no go. And even if I were back in the States, I would be absolutely mopped to the floor in less than 10 seconds. I am not a good SF player, and SFIV is really my first time playing a SF game in a loooooong time. I'm ages away from being a tourney participant, let alone a somewhat competitive player online.

poster

With that mentality you'll won't get better. Don't hesitate to go to a tournament just because you aren't good, fight better players and you'll improve over time. Pros don't mind playing low level players, they'll even give advice if you ask for it. Also try to compete offline, lag can mess up your input.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/

Go check your regional matchmaking, there should be some tournaments next to you.

EDIT: Dang it, gamespot screwing up my posts.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

No, I don't believe in that, one of my strategies is surprising the opponent, and I can't go around doing that while showing the world how I play. I guess when I retire though...

SolidTy
I just love unverifiable boasts. Not saying that I don't believe you, there are some incredibly skilled SF players out there, but if you ain't going to put up.....You know the rest.
tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="Tasman_basic"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

cuddlesofwar

My penis is the longest My penis is the thickest My penis is the best! And my mum said so!

I was thinking the same thing. This dude needs to get out more. Do Not Mod Me.

I'm pretty sure we all do. We're arguing on an internet forum about how 1 expensive toy is better than another expensive toy. You're almost at your 100 post mark! See if you can reach it today! :|

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

I wouldn't play a fighting game on a DualShock 3 they are all so expensive !

I don't want to risk another controller of mine anymore. :cry: