Selling PS3, for 360 worth it?!

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragamer
Member since 2008 • 548 Posts

I'm planning on selling my PS3, GC, original XBOX, fat psp (already have slim),and fat ds (already have lite). All this just so I can have some extra money for a 360.. anyway, I hardly play my PS3.. and the trophy system really is lacking right now. I love about more then half of the 360 titles.. and I also find them cheaper then what i'm spending for lame PS3 titles.

How much will I get for that batch of systems?

Is this a good idea, to be doing.. I know that Little Big planet, resistance 2, and killzone 2 are coming out.. but I just need more entertainment. 360 way to go?

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts

I'm planning on selling my PS3, GC, original XBOX, fat psp (already have slim),and fat ds (already have lite). All this just so I can have some extra money for a 360.. anyway, I hardly play my PS3.. and the trophy system really is lacking right now. I love about more then half of the 360 titles.. and I also find them cheaper then what i'm spending for lame PS3 titles.

Is this a good idea, to be doing.. I know that Little Big planet, resistance 2, and killzone 2 are coming out.. but I just need more entertainment. 360 way to go?

Ragamer

no imo the ps3 has better exclusives

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I can't help you other than the ps3 trumps the 360 for my gaming tastes. If it really is the other way around for you then go for it.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts
I would say, keep the PS3, sell everything else. and buy the 360. you might regret selling that PS3 later on. and if you don't have enough money right now then pick up the arcade for 199 and buy a hard drive later or on ebay.
Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragamer
Ok, if I don't sell PS3, and sell everything else.. how much is that WORTH?
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

Ragamer

To be honest, if you traded in everything but the ps3, you wouldn't get that much. The other day a friend traded and xbox with 5 games for $25. With a ds, psp, and gamecdube, it would probably go up to $100, and i know you could probably get an extra $150 for a ps3.

I wouldn't trade in the ps3 because it's great. However, I understand where you are coming from, and you will not be dissapointed with the 360. It's library is a beast.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
You're gonna regret your decision. If you want another console, just get both.
SenorTinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SenorTinman
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
If you are only selling the systems and not the games then I'd estimate around $200 - $300 dollars. If you are trading alot of games (like around 20 - 30) I would estimate maybe around $400 - $600. But really I don't know. I traded inmy 'Cube a year ago with a lot of games and got like $250. Then recently I traded in like 30 DS titles and got $230. So it really does matter how many games you have. If you are trading in a buch a games in to GameStop then I suggest you get an Edge card you get 10% more money. Hope this helps. But I don't know, I don't work at GameStop.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
never trade in a current gen system unless its officially dead because the company gave up on it....OR because next-gen is coming. Neither of which is happening with the PS3 right now. Id really keep it if I were you.
SenorTinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SenorTinman
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts

never trade in a current gen system unless its officially dead because the company gave up on it....OR because next-gen is coming. Neither of which is happening with the PS3 right now. Id really keep it if I were you. Uptown

Words of widom.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
I had 360 and continued to have it through 2 breakdowns of the console. Then I got a PS3 and it's really been a solid console with great features. And since then I've picked up 2 more PS3s. I don't understand the draw towards 360 at all.
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

I had 360 and continued to have it through 2 breakdowns of the console. Then I got a PS3 and it's really been a solid console with great features. And since then I've picked up 2 more PS3s. I don't understand the draw towards 360 at all. patriots7672

My first xbox broke, but then again it was a launch. lol, sorry tho you went through 2 of em

The new xbox's have new hardware, so don't worry. I kinda am the oppostie of you. I'm drawn to the 360. i haven't played the ps3 too much this week.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

Ragamer

You don't even need to sell your GC or XBox to get a XBox 360. Sell your PS3 and you can get an XBox Arcade, HDD, extra controller, XBox Live for a year and a new game.

XBox 360 has more quality titles then the PS3 bar none. The PS3 has MGS4, LBP, Resistance and Uncharted.

XBox 360 has Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Oddysey, Tales of Vesperia, PGR4, Banjo 3, Dead Rising, Fable 2, Gears of War 1 & 2, Forza 2. Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant and many other incredible games. Definitely get a XBox 360. You can get a PS3 again once the price drops and FF XIII and GT5 finally get released.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragamer"]Ok, if I don't sell PS3, and sell everything else.. how much is that WORTH?
Squall18

To be honest, if you traded in everything but the ps3, you wouldn't get that much. The other day a friend traded and xbox with 5 games for $25. With a ds, psp, and gamecdube, it would probably go up to $100, and i know you could probably get an extra $150 for a ps3.

I wouldn't trade in the ps3 because it's great. However, I understand where you are coming from, and you will not be dissapointed with the 360. It's library is a beast.

If he sold it on Ebay he would.:|

Xbox360_4_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xbox360_4_Me
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
[QUOTE="Squall18"]

[QUOTE="Ragamer"]Ok, if I don't sell PS3, and sell everything else.. how much is that WORTH?
XanderZane

I wouldn't , well it depends what you like, If you like online gaming then YES YES YES, if you like gaming alone then no, MGS 4 gives you 5 hours of gametime, plus all the multiplats and ffxiii coming up, if you like online then halo will amaze you , along with geow 2 coming up, plus all multiplats have stronger followings on 360, if you like a bit of both then , again MGS4 on ps3, banjo and fable coming up on 360... so yea, it depends on your preferences.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
You'll regret it, Why cant you just get both?
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

Ragamer

360 has a better fall lineup and a huge back catalogue with two times the AAA,AA,A games. if you buy one now you'll have 2 years of back catalogue to play and the best fall lineup.i think if you sell all those you'll havbe enough for a 360 and like 150 bucks left over. i recently sold my 60gb ps3 for $400 with mgs4.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

You'll regret it. I got a 360 and then said shoot most games that they have I'm interested in are multiplats and only gears2. Once I figured that out I took it back with no regrets. With the holiday season coming you'll have plenty of games to play. But if your into playing acheivements and not games then the 360 is for you since the trophy system for the ps3 is still building its games up. I play to enjoy games whether there is trophies or not. :)

P.S. How many ps3 games do you have? If not many then what makes you think you'll spend that much on 360 games. And also now the ps3 is having alot of its older games being reduced in price. I just picked up Rfom and for the most part been pretty surprised by it and very happy with it as far as gameplay and story goes. Got it to get ready for R2 :)

MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts
Keep Ps3, buy a 360...
qman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 qman101
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
[QUOTE="XanderZane"][QUOTE="Squall18"]

Xbox360_4_Me

I wouldn't , well it depends what you like, If you like online gaming then YES YES YES, if you like gaming alone then no, MGS 4 gives you 5 hours of gametime, plus all the multiplats and ffxiii coming up, if you like online then halo will amaze you , along with geow 2 coming up, plus all multiplats have stronger followings on 360, if you like a bit of both then , again MGS4 on ps3, banjo and fable coming up on 360... so yea, it depends on your preferences.

That's a very noble statement, according to your sig.

OT: It really depends on the games you like. If all the exclusives that you would die for are on the Xbox 360, then you might as well get it. If it's just multiplats, then you'd be better of saving money.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
5 hours of gameplay on mgs4? Heck I really took my time then when I finished it in 24 hrs lol. Think 5 hours is with the cloaking suit where you can just run through the levels without being detected. Maybe you should mention that part, what you think?
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

Ragamer

I sold my original xbox with 35 games for 400, the guy bought it for his son. with 35 games it would keep his kid quite for a long time.

if you are selling that many consoles and if you sell it with a few games each, a parent will buy it for anywhere from 200 to 300. dont listen to what people say when they tell you that you won't get anything for it.

parents are always looking for deals, regardless if the system is current or last gen. parents just want their kids happy and busy that they won't bother them, lol, and if a child receives so many new games and systems they will lose their mind.

go high like 350 and make the person raise and eyebrow, then smack'em with a lower price, 300 or 250, works for me.

a lot of people might say i'm totally wrong, but who cares? give it a try.

again, just don't sell the PS3, I don't own one or want one right now, but I wouldn't sell it if I had it, both systems have great games and to let something go you usually regret it at some point or another.

have fun gaming.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
Be careful!!!! you may run out of time for posting on forums with all that addicting gaming on the 360! Thats why cows rule this world! g2g and game!
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I would get a 360, no one can argue it has a far better collection of games then the 360 and it has a better online service but selling all your consoles for one is something you will regret.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
Hard to get a legitimate answer around here since fankids overflow here. That said, it all depends on which exclusives appeal to you more in the long run. My personal advice is to keep it and just save up for the 360. There are plenty of great games coming this holiday that you'll be happy no matter which route you go. Again, it all depends on which exclusives you want more.
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts

dosnt sound smart to me.... people say "pick one with fav games" but both consoles have library's big enough to keep anybody happy. with all the releases in a few months selling a console (which will lose you money) seems silly to me.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
I doubt my opinion will matter to the tc, seeing that he doesn't play with his PS3 that much. If you like 360 games more than go for it, but I wouldn't do it because the upcoming games selection is better on the PS3 imo.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
if u want the most for what ur selling. ebay is the way gamer girl. trust me.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
Keep Ps3, buy a 360...MKLOL
best of both worlds.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Ragamer

Although the 360 is a good console I wouldn't sell all those consoles for one.

If I were you I would sell them all apart from the PS3 and buy a bunch of PS3 games

Or you could sell them all apart from PS3 and buy a wii and some games (PSWII = Best of both worlds)

Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ragamer

OK, im not selling them ALL just for the 360. I don't want those consoles, im just taking opinions if I should sell the ps3 or not. I own a wii, which is why im selling my GC. all of the systems that i "might" sell, i already have upgraded them.. so, why do I need to keep them?

Also, i decided to stay with my PS3.. until christmas. If i'm not satisfied, ill sell it and go for the 360 (which there probably will be a better deal this christmas time.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="MKLOL"]Keep Ps3, buy a 360...ff7isnumbaone
best of both worlds.

Yup really is the best choice.

If it absolutely had to be one or the other i'd keep the PS3 till christmas check out LBP and pick up a 360 in the sales (i'm sure there'll be some very affordable deals after christmas).

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="MKLOL"]Keep Ps3, buy a 360...Snugenz

best of both worlds.

Yup really is the best choice.

this

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
If you sell the PS3 you just might be getting it again. I believe that the best is yet to come with the console (PS3). To get rid of it now is like selling your investment before you get the profit. Keep it, c'mon....the 360 has dropped its price really low, so to get one would be Nothing. Its almost cheaper than the Wii.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

The 360 has just had a price drop, save up a bit more if you need to and keep your PS3.

Bucketz23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bucketz23
Member since 2006 • 298 Posts

It's funny, you're selling a PS3 for a 360, and I'm selling a perfectly working 360 for a PS3.

We should swap.

LOL.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts
You are missing what...? Halo 3? :roll:
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
its really all about personal tastes. however, i'm always really hesitant to sell a console.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Ragamer

Are you that little kid that is the son to that reporter?

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
The 360 has better games, and more games
Xbox360_4_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xbox360_4_Me
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

5 hours of gameplay on mgs4? Heck I really took my time then when I finished it in 24 hrs lol. Think 5 hours is with the cloaking suit where you can just run through the levels without being detected. Maybe you should mention that part, what you think?GreyFoXX4

I did stress, actual gameplay, time with your fingers on the control, pressing buttons, not including cinematics.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes sell it
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
your not going to get an unbaised view here
blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blushield
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I wouldn't be too hasty

THe PS3 is doing better than the 360 this year and no-one knows how next year will pan out + free online, reliable hardware etc

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

Ragamer

well if you sell it, you're probably gonna rebuy it later like i did. At one point i sold my 360 and my ps3, cuz the gaming just sucked. Then ps3 sucked me back in. I'll get a 360, when they fix the hardware issues...which they probably will or .. i hope.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Sell it and buy it back with a slim version of Playstation 3 that will probably be bundled with a sick game like God of war 3.
Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts

Ragamer

fat PSP i would say you would get around $50 and $40 for the DS. for GC and Xbox around $20 each plus games if u have any.

why dont you call gamestop or EBgames and ask them or sell it over ebay

Ragamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ragamer
I'm keeping my beloved PS3, I just realised how much I would miss the thing. So many good times.. first Warhawk experience, cod4, mgs4.. I'll get 360 for christmas!