Satisfaction of ownership: PS3 >Wii>360

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sihanouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sihanouk
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

Of the 3 consoles, which one gives their owners the most satisfaction? Which console has given the most pleasure, the least frustration, and the most hope?

PS3:

Of the 3 consoles, I feel the PS3 is the one that keeps on adding value to itself the most. Think about the many updates. The PS3 is now the best Blu-ray player money can buy. Multiplatform games are now comparable to the 360 games. Thanks to the PS3's cell and Blu-ray, exclusive PS3 games now look better and bigger than those on the 360. Each month, more people buy the PS3 more than the 360--it feels good that more and more people are on your side. Online improvements are making the free PSN closer and closer in value to the costly 360 LIVE. The furture for the PS3 looks really bright.

Wii:

The Wii seems to play on its own tune. The first time a player get their hands on the control playing Wii sports they can't help but give off smiles after smiles--the control is just the most intuitive ever for a console. Over time, though, the novelty wears off a bit. People realize that while the control are better for some games, they are worse for others like sports and fighting games. The graphics looks worse and worse as the generation ages. Still though, complaints directed towards the console has be few and far between. It's still selling out all over the world. The future for the Wii looks bright.

360:

The 360 had a lot going for it early on. It's the first to be out of the gate. And for 2 years in its life span, people actually thought it's possible that the 360 can match the PS3 in power and graphics. With a few amazing exclusives, 2007 was one kick-ass year. But owning the 360 is, in my mind gives gamers the least satisfaction overall. While the games and on-line are good, Xbox 360 owners have to deal with a lot of frustrations: extremely bad hardware reliability, expensive add-ons for wireless or hard drives, monthly or yearly fees for LIVE, shrinking world-wide sales. At the same time, games for the 360 looks more and more dated relative to the exlusive games on the PS3 which has cell and Blu-ray. It seems like the best years of the 360 are in the past, not the furture. In fact, I see the future of the 360 looks the least bright of the 3 consoles.

So my ranking for owner satisfaction: PS3>Wii>360.

If you disagree with me, read customer reviews on Amazon.com for the consoles. Read gaming forums, including Xbox 360 forums which has a sticky just for RRODs. Look at sales ranking on Amazon. The Wii and the PS3 are constantly in the top 15 while the 360 ranks in the 50s or 60s.

I suppose the more research gamers do before buying the console, the less likely they'd buy the 360. The proof is internet sales, where research is easily done. Check out Amazon sales updated hourly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_c_th_more?&pf_rd_p=304529601&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08E5A2A50E08YPQ5C5PT

Sihanouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sihanouk
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

Of the 3 consoles, which one gives their owners the most satisfaction? Which console has given the most pleasure, the least frustration, and the most hope?

PS3:

Of the 3 consoles, I feel the PS3 is the one that keeps on adding value to itself the most. Think about the many updates. The PS3 is now the best Blu-ray player money can buy. Multiplatform games are now comparable to the 360 games. Thanks to the PS3's cell and Blu-ray, exclusive PS3 games now look better and bigger than those on the 360. Each month, more people buy the PS3 more than the 360--it feels good that more and more people are on your side. Online improvements are making the free PSN closer and closer in value to the costly 360 LIVE. The furture for the PS3 looks really bright.

Wii:

The Wii seems to play on its own tune. The first time a player get their hands on the control playing Wii sports they can't help but give off smiles after smiles--the control is just the most intuitive ever for a console. Over time, though, the novelty wears off a bit. People realize that while the control are better for some games, they are worse for others like sports and fighting games. The graphics looks worse and worse as the generation ages. Still though, complaints directed towards the console has be few and far between. It's still selling out all over the world. The future for the Wii looks bright.

360:

The 360 had a lot going for it early on. It's the first to be out of the gate. And for 2 years in its life span, people actually thought it's possible that the 360 can match the PS3 in power and graphics. With a few amazing exclusives, 2007 was one kick-ass year. But owning the 360 is, in my mind gives gamers the least satisfaction overall. While the games and on-line are good, Xbox 360 owners have to deal with a lot of frustrations: extremely bad hardware reliability, expensive add-ons for wireless or hard drives, monthly or yearly fees for LIVE, shrinking world-wide sales. At the same time, games for the 360 looks more and more dated relative to the exlusive games on the PS3 which has cell and Blu-ray. The future of the 360 looks the least bright of the 3 consoles.

If you disagree with me, read customer reviews on Amazon.com for the consoles. Read gaming forums, including Xbox 360 forums which has a sticky just for RRODs. Look at sales ranking on Amazon. The Wii and the PS3 are constantly in the top 15 while the 360 ranks in the 50s or 60s.

I suppose the more research gamers do before buying the console, the less likely they'd buy the 360. The proof is internet sales, where research is easily done. Check out Amazon sales updated hourly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_c_th_more?&pf_rd_p=304529601&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08E5A2A50E08YPQ5C5PT

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I do disagree and idc what forums and amazon reviews say....I own both 360 and PS3 and I have played the Wii and mine goes 360>>>PS3>>>>>>>Wii

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I've owned all three.

The PS3 is an amazing multimedia device. as the winner of the Blu-ray format war it is the premier a/v unit in my system. Still waiting for the games though. And the online still hasn't synced with me yet.

The 360. a great games console marred by craptastic build quality and STUPID DRM. It's beginning to be surpassed by the PS3 as the multimedia hub in the house. The games library is superb. And the online (for now) is the best out of the 3

The Wii. I got one when it came out and quickly realized it wasn't for me. I won't waste time commenting on the quality of the games except to say the games library does nothing for me. It's a nice sleek system that has a good price tag. A suprisingly good web browser (better than the PS3's) eventually I sold it because I didn't use it for months at a time.

Satisfaction of ownership is in this order: 360, PS3, Wii

I think in the long run, the PS3 will probably be the go to console.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
Wii >360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Overall for me:

PC>>>>PS3>>>>360>>>>>Wii

I put wii last because I care for it, but the 360 slightly trumps it because I actually own the 360. Not my Wii to touch :|

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Thats pretty odd I would think The 360 and Wii would be ahead the PS3 any day.. Reason being, the PS3 still has a very limited library, nothing compared to the huge library of quality games for the Xbox360, or to Nintendos line up for AAA series..

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
Mine would be 360>Wii>>>PS3. I havent even turned on my PS3 in a couple of months.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thrones

Thats pretty odd I would think The 360 and Wii would be ahead the PS3 any day.. Reason being, the PS3 still has a very limited library, nothing compared to the huge library of quality games for the Xbox360, or to Nintendos line up for AAA series..

sSubZerOo

'Playstation'

Powerful name, most non-gamers I know still assume I play on my 'Playstation' all the time. The name just sounds more linked to gaming than 'Xbox'

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I've owned all three.

The PS3 is an amazing multimedia device. as the winner of the Blu-ray format war it is the premier a/v unit in my system. Still waiting for the games though. And the online still hasn't synced with me yet.

The 360. a great games console marred by craptastic build quality and STUPID DRM. It's beginning to be surpassed by the PS3 as the multimedia hub in the house. The games library is superb. And the online (for now) is the best out of the 3

The Wii. I got one when it came out and quickly realized it wasn't for me. I won't waste time commenting on the quality of the games except to say the games library does nothing for me. It's a nice sleek system that has a good price tag. A suprisingly good web browser (better than the PS3's) eventually I sold it because I didn't use it for months at a time.

heretrix

Go pick up Warhawk asap , what are you waiting for ? ..... just give yourself a fair amount of time to learn it and don't give up on it early.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

PS3:

Wii:

360:

The 360 had a lot going for it early on. It's the first to be out of the gate. And for 2 years in its life span, people actually thought it's possible that the 360 can match the PS3 in power and graphics. With a few amazing exclusives, 2007 was one kick-ass year. But owning the 360 is, in my mind gives gamers the least satisfaction overall. While the games and on-line are good, Xbox 360 owners have to deal with a lot of frustrations: extremely bad hardware reliability, expensive add-ons for wireless or hard drives, monthly or yearly fees for LIVE, shrinking world-wide sales. At the same time, games for the 360 looks more and more dated relative to the exlusive games on the PS3 which has cell and Blu-ray. It seems like the best years of the 360 are in the past, not the furture. In fact, I see the future of the 360 looks the least bright of the 3 consoles.

Sihanouk

Yes, you're a cow; we knew that already. You didn't need the wall of text to remind us.

Besides, who are you REALLY trying to convince that the PS3 is better? Us, or yourself?

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

thrones

'Playstation'

Powerful name, most non-gamers I know still assume I play on my 'Playstation' all the time. The name just sounds more linked to gaming than 'Xbox'

There's been a surge in a lot of non gamers that use the word "Xbox" when refering to video games, I have noticed.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

For me its

PS3>360>wii.

the PS3 and 360 are about the same. But I buy multiplatts for the ps3 now for free online play. But I still enjoy forza 2 and games are cheaper on the 360.

The wii is only just 3rd though. It is very fun. I only really play wii sports on it still but its still very fun. the graphics dont bother me much as I still sometimes play TS3 on the ps2 and its still every bit as fun.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

PC >>> Wii > PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360

Frankly, almost all my gaming is done on the PC now. The Wii and PS3 are up there because they both differentiate themselves enough from the PC to warrant ownership.

Since getting my PC, however, my 360 has gone completely untouched. I'll probably sell it to my roommate when I move out.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Right now for me it's:

360>PS3>Wii (as far as games are concerned)

PS3>360>Wii (as far as entertainment goes)

This will most likely (definitely) change by the end of the year.

TREAL_Since

I'll second this.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Right now for me it's:

TREAL_Since

I agree with your "right now" idea. I don't know if it will change in the future "definately" though cause no one actually knows. For all we know the 360 GTA4 may sell a tonne more games over PS3 and bring the 360 back from the depths of fanboyish bashing.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

MortalDecay

'Playstation'

There's been a surge in a lot of non gamers that use the word "Xbox" when refering to video games, I have noticed.

Agreed, it's getting mainstream as well.
deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

I rank my systems like this PS3>360 but not by much

PS3

PROS: Free online, blu-ray player, great exclusives, successor of two of the best systems in console history, accessories are universal and cheap, controller preference, game preference, most of my friends have a PS3

CONS: Way too expensive when first released, psn making strides to match xbox live but at a slow pace, too many delays

PROS: Best games this gen, Xbox live second to none, everything you need is in the box like hd cables and headset

CONS: RROD this is a big con, accessories overpriced, highest rated exclusives seem to be shooters, don't really see any big games coming out in the future besides NG2 and GEOW2, the system is overpriced compared to the PS3

MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts
360>PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WII
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

For me, out of the three...

Wii>360>>PC>>>>>PS3.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

When i played Metroid prime3 and Zelda TP i got the best experience so far this gen but even it was good it was long time ago and i want play other/more games.

So i guess it is Ps3>360>Wii now for me.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

For me it's 360>Wii>PS3.

To tell you the truth I don't know how anybody could put PS3 over Wii and 360, it has potential, but right now I play my 360 and Wii much more.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
To me it's PC>PS3>360>WII
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

I've owned all three.

Nike_Air

Go pick up Warhawk asap , what are you waiting for ? ..... just give yourself a fair amount of time to learn it and don't give up on it early.

I think I'll DL it tonight.
Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
PC >> PS3 >>> X360 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Still Going >>>>>>>>> Wii
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

For the systems I own

360>>PC>>>>>>>>>Wii

360 is extremely fun. Has every console game i could ever want
PC is for strategy games, Crysis, and the Sims 2
Wii...to tell the truth i never play it

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
This is a very well said post. congrats TC. I agree with what you say. Seriously i dont think i could have said it better myself if i wanted to.
Zarcon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zarcon_basic
Member since 2002 • 610 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Right now for me it's:

dhjohns

I'll second this.

I'll third this.

-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Skeletor-
Member since 2002 • 1030 Posts

PC + Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS360

Games I can't play on my Wii come on my PC. I don't need a PS3 or 360.

-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Skeletor-

PC + Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS360

Games I can't play on my Wii come on my PC. I don't need a PS3 or 360.

this is the greatest gaming combo you can have this gen..

Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

I would rather own a gamecube than a wii :|

To me 360>PC>Gamecube>Wii

Onifux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Onifux
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
pc/ps3>Xbox360>wii
-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Skeletor-

I would rather own a gamecube than a wii :|

To me 360>PC>Gamecube>Wii

ProductNumber49

yeah you have problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
For me it's: PS2>DS>Wii>360.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

PS3>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

PC beats all of them of course

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Mine is PS3>360>Wii.

I love the PS3, and the 360 offers better games than the Wii. Although the Wii does have some quality first party games. Eh, I could even say PS3>Wii>360. Oh well, lol.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
The PS3. Nuff said.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

I've been pretty satisified with every console I've ever owned. I put in a game the system plays the game. The end. I wouldn't have bought a console if I wasn't going to be satisified with ownership of it.

The only console I have had disatifaction of owning was the Sega Dreamcast. Catching on fire, smoking, and endangering my brand new copy of Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves is a very good reason to be disatisifed imo lol.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
Wii controls don't work for sports? what planet are you living at?
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

mine is

ps3>wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360

if we count handhelds

ps3>psp>wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ds

ps3= love the games, free online, great multimedia device

psp= crisis core, patapon, fun little device

wii= brawl is great but thats the only game i have right now i just bought it

pc= waiting for sc2

360= rrod'ed on me once now it is just exclusives only console

ds= not my cup of tea actually thinking of selling it but dont know just yet

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

For me right now its PC>>PS3.. once i get GT5 anda dualshock it will be PS3=PC..

once i get GTA4 it will be PS3>>>>>>PC

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

I've been pretty satisified with every console I've ever owned. I put in a game the system plays the game. The end. I wouldn't have bought a console if I wasn't going to be satisified with ownership of it.

The only console I have had disatifaction of owning was the Sega Dreamcast. Catching on fire, smoking, and endangering my brand new copy of Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves is a very good reason to be disatisifed imo lol.

Blackbond

My roommate threw our Dreamcast out the tenth story window of our friend's college dorm. Was fun, yet sad at the same time. We had so much fun with Soul Calibur on that li'l thing. :(

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

Mine is PS3>360>Wii.

I love the PS3, and the 360 offers better games than the Wii. Although the Wii does have some quality first party games. Eh, I could even say PS3>Wii>360. Oh well, lol.

carljohnson3456

cool sig.. did you make that?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
wasn't it confirmed long ago that shianock doesn't own an 360? as for that the what 23 million wii owners, and 18 million 360 owners disagree with ya shianouk.
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
PC >>>>>>>>> Wii > 360
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts

PS3:

Wii:

360:

Sihanouk
obviously a PS3 fanboy, has to prove to everyone that his purchase was worth it. I just wonder why the PS3 fanboys always have to feel like they have to tell everyone that they believe they chose wrong and they are the only ones who chose write. everyone has thier own personal tastes and play thier consoles for the reasons they have and need not defend thier right to choose to anyone.
loftus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 loftus42
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts
ooops they chose right was what i meant to say. damn spellcheck
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
Wii (for SSBB) > PC (stil CS) > PS3(movies and occasional NBA2k7 and COD4) > 360(nothing right now)
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts
I'll also go for PS3>Wii>360. Good explanation.
EddieTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EddieTheGreat
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

360:

Sihanouk

You go on about the problem that 360 owners have, which is sales, Who really cares about sales? If you have your console and are happy with it, what does it matter if it isn't selling as well as another? I don't get it, I personally don't care about how well the 360 is selling, I just enjoy playing it, If other people don't buy it, who cares? I did, ans that's all that matters