Rumored Updated 360 version?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
if this is true. i hope it cost more then 399.00, because if not. then i guess that is what i get for getting a launch version 360.  Hopefully they will alllow us to upgrade our hard drives at least. http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Looks like MS is getting into the Double Dipping business now. HDMI shoulda been included originally. So now I guess I am supposed to drop another $400 for the new 360. I feel like MS just owned me. (if the rumors are true)
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alfy13

Looks like MS is getting into the Double Dipping business now. HDMI shoulda been included originally. So now I guess I am supposed to drop another $400 for the new 360. I feel like MS just owned me. (if the rumors are true)rockydog1111
yah that is how i feel if the rumor is real. if true, then i just gto WTF PWNED by MS.

One of things i wish 360 came is HDMI. but oh well happy friday.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Now, it seems that MS doesnt really care about its gamers, if they just gon giive up on the first 360. Take a look at the original Xbox, after the 360's release. The Xbox was completely kicked to the curb after a short lifespan due to 360. If this happens again, then Version 2, would be more focused on...
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]Now, it seems that MS doesnt really care about its gamers, if they just gon giive up on the first 360. Take a look at the original Xbox, after the 360's release. The Xbox was completely kicked to the curb after a short lifespan due to 360. If this happens again, then Version 2, would be more focused on...

Urm, it's still the 360...just an updated version...

Every console goes through updates and hardware changes. They are essential the same, but cheaper to manufacture.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
If this comes out and MS doesn't offer some sort of free or cheap upgrade service (as unlikely as that is) I'm going to be pissed. This milkage is pretty high up on the list in my opinion.
EricForeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EricForeman
Member since 2004 • 1423 Posts

if this is true. i hope it cost more then 399.00, because if not. then i guess that is what i get for getting a launch version 360.  Hopefully they will alllow us to upgrade our hard drives at least. http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/

alfy13

Unless this one also comes with a built in HD-DVD drive, I'll pass.  That's the only real reason I'd need HDMI.  The hard drive is nice, but hopefully they will sell that separately as well.  THAT I could use.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]Now, it seems that MS doesnt really care about its gamers, if they just gon giive up on the first 360. Take a look at the original Xbox, after the 360's release. The Xbox was completely kicked to the curb after a short lifespan due to 360. If this happens again, then Version 2, would be more focused on...

It doesn't change much of anything, to be very honest with you. The processors are the same, one just runs cooler than the other. You're not going to really need a new one unless you have a monsterously large 1080p television. Don't fret, you're 360's all good, yo.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T-Zone
[QUOTE="Raidea"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]Now, it seems that MS doesnt really care about its gamers, if they just gon giive up on the first 360. Take a look at the original Xbox, after the 360's release. The Xbox was completely kicked to the curb after a short lifespan due to 360. If this happens again, then Version 2, would be more focused on...

Urm, it's still the 360...just an updated version...

Yeah, but then, u would have to cough up more money for this one...
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
It's too early to say what MS is planning. For all you know, they might offer the early adopters some type of tradein deal, though that would be unlikely. I could care less about the HDMI output, or the 120 GB hard drive, since I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and its 640 GB's of space. The only thing in there that seems good to me personally is the 65 nm chip, which should run cooler...but even then, my 360 hasnt overheated on me once since I bought it at launch...
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alfy13

yah i agree with you on the xbox. but for this rumor about 2nd gen 360. if true then me along wtih 9mill other owners just pretty much got screwed by MS. they better make a adapter or something for us 1st gen 360 owners. If not then its like a kick to the nut.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
As long as they make it so I can plug an external hdd and hdmi cable I dont really care. I dont really care for hdmi much, but want to free up some space. If this is not done, then Microsoft would have undone most of the good work they have done to give Xbox a better name then Microsoft.
EricForeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EricForeman

It's too early to say what MS is planning. For all you know, they might offer the early adopters some type of tradein deal, though that would be unlikely. I could care less about the HDMI output, or the 120 GB hard drive, since I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and its 640 GB's of space.TheCrazed420

What?  You can save your games to your PC?  I can stream music, video, and pictures from my PC, but what I really need is storage space for demos, game saves, and Live marketplace downloaded HD content.  If you have found a way to do that, please tell me how, or point me to a site with instructions.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alfy13
It's too early to say what MS is planning. For all you know, they might offer the early adopters some type of tradein deal, though that would be unlikely. I could care less about the HDMI output, or the 120 GB hard drive, since I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and its 640 GB's of space.TheCrazed420
see that is you. I have a 40 inch lcd screen. i have everthing pluged to it. PC, consoles. And yes it has HDMI. sorry dont mean to sound like im attacking you. i just feel like a douche right now afer reading that link.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
There have been several threads with this picture on today, but apprantly its a fake (according to some guy who says its photoshopped on the xbox360 boards)

Anyway, couldn't they just release an adapter so that you could run off HDMI on your existing console?

(thats a genuine questions could they?)

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 T-Zone
So, if MS does somethin here that Ver. 2 offeres that can't be found on the original 360, then they just screwed all ya curent 360 owners...
godson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 godson07
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
as usual lemmings getting milked.

Microsoft throwing lots of add-ons at lemmings and calling it "choice". that is just Microsoft propaganda.

this just proves that Xbox 360 is indeed a rushed console.

I would not be surprised if Microsoft releases a game on HD-DVD and a motion sensing controller.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 musicalmac  Moderator
So, if MS does somethin here that Ver. 2 offeres that can't be found on the original 360, then they just screwed all ya curent 360 owners...T-Zone
If the changes were so extreme that original 360 consoles were unable to play certain games the rumord "Version 2" could play, there would be a backlash so great it would make your head spin. Regardless of what console you have, it won't matter too much.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alfy13
as usual lemmings getting milked.

Microsoft throwing lots of add-ons at lemmings and calling it "choice". that is just Microsoft propaganda.

this just proves that Xbox 360 is indeed a rushed console.

I would not be surprised if Microsoft releases a game on HD-DVD and a motion sensing controller.
godson07
yah im not a lemming but i do own a 360, but i do have friends at work that are lemings. right now they all feel like MS just pwned them. every one in the office is talking about it atm. Some of the ones that just got it for xmas feel like they just got kicked in the nuts . i hope this rumor is debunked soon.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 T-Zone
[QUOTE="T-Zone"]So, if MS does somethin here that Ver. 2 offeres that can't be found on the original 360, then they just screwed all ya curent 360 owners...musicalmac
If the changes were so extreme that original 360 consoles were unable to play certain games the rumord "Version 2" could play, there would be a backlash so great it would make your head spin. Regardless of what console you have, it won't matter too much.

Well, that remains to be seen...
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
If this comes out and MS doesn't offer some sort of free or cheap upgrade service (as unlikely as that is) I'm going to be pissed. This milkage is pretty high up on the list in my opinion.The_Game21x

Agreed, if this 360 isnt going to be more expensive then a prenium 360 ATM, I am going to be an Nintendo fanboy ! :evil:

Well... mostly then, still gonna buy some 360 games ofcours.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]So, if MS does somethin here that Ver. 2 offeres that can't be found on the original 360, then they just screwed all ya curent 360 owners...T-Zone

Well, that remains to be seen...

That's true, I can't say with certainty that it won't change a single thing. However, if it did, I'd be the first one on Micro$ofts doorstep, demanding they do something about those who went out and got one earlier. There is power in numbers, people. If this actually does come to pass, where our consoles are not compatable with "newer" games (or something), we should do something about it. But right now, I'm not going to worry about it until it becomes a problem. I love my 360.
The_Streets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Streets
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
1. DS was revised 2. PS2 was revised 3. PC gets revised all the time 4. iPod's get revised all the time 5. Mobile (or Cell, if you're American) phones get revised all the time How have MS 'cheated' you exactly? You know what you get if you adopt early. A machine that will be updated within a year or two. Just watch, PS3 will get revised one day, and so will the Wii, when they include DVD support. STOP COMPLAINING! I for one will be getting one of these babies as soon as they hit the shops!
ROCKINGFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ROCKINGFOOL
Member since 2005 • 1795 Posts
i dont have an hd-tv so i dont care .

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
i dont have an hd-tv so i dont care .
 ROCKINGFOOL
don't be like that...
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alfy13
Makes me think that MS is adding HDMI because of p3. if taht is the case th ey should of added it , instead of coming later with it.  Is this their True 1080 p fix?
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="The_Streets"]1. DS was revised 2. PS2 was revised 3. PC gets revised all the time 4. iPod's get revised all the time 5. Mobile (or Cell, if you're American) phones get revised all the time How have MS 'cheated' you exactly? You know what you get if you adopt early. A machine that will be updated within a year or two. Just watch, PS3 will get revised one day, and so will the Wii, when they include DVD support. STOP COMPLAINING! I for one will be getting one of these babies as soon as they hit the shops!

You're comparisons aren't exactly... valid. Make sure to read up to the point of your post, otherwise your points really mean nothing.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
Well, I guess there's a reason for me to hold out a little longer on buying one. I held out for the DSLite, and I don't regret it.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

What happened with the original XBox was crappy. They release 360 and stop all support on the XBox. Sony atleast still supports the PS2
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 T-Zone
Is MS afraid of Sony in terms of Graphics-ish? That they have to release a Re-Hash 360?
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]It's too early to say what MS is planning. For all you know, they might offer the early adopters some type of tradein deal, though that would be unlikely. I could care less about the HDMI output, or the 120 GB hard drive, since I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and its 640 GB's of space.EricForeman

What?  You can save your games to your PC?  I can stream music, video, and pictures from my PC, but what I really need is storage space for demos, game saves, and Live marketplace downloaded HD content.  If you have found a way to do that, please tell me how, or point me to a site with instructions.

Well, save games are pretty small, game demos are demos so I try them and delete them. I basically just use my PC to store all my music and movies that I stream through my 360. There are products out there that allow you to transfer files from your 360 to your PC

http://www.playfeed.com/index.php/playfeed/article/xbox-360-sata-adapter-03311407/

http://www.extreme-mods.com/xcm-360-sata-p.html

I understand the frustration  your experiencing though.  I won't deny that I would pick up the Zephyr model over the Xenon model, but when it comes to games and purely games, the system hasnt changed.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alfy13
[QUOTE="The_Streets"]1. DS was revised 2. PS2 was revised 3. PC gets revised all the time 4. iPod's get revised all the time 5. Mobile (or Cell, if you're American) phones get revised all the time How have MS 'cheated' you exactly? You know what you get if you adopt early. A machine that will be updated within a year or two. Just watch, PS3 will get revised one day, and so will the Wii, when they include DVD support. STOP COMPLAINING! I for one will be getting one of these babies as soon as they hit the shops!

yes they all got revised, but they didnt have PORTS ADDED TO THEM. THE PORTS I WANTED WHEN I GOT MY 360 AT LAUNCH FOR MY HDTV. that is why im pissed right now. If this is their tru 1080p fix by making a versio 2 360 , then i just got screwed by ms. that is why im pissed STreets.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
Man... if  that thing isnt like over 500 doller... Lemmingspot will be... gamespot again, the cows will come back to prove they where right after all about the rushed xbox, and the ownage will echo over and over again ! :o 
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
hmm I wonder what they mean by "soon"...hopefully very soon, as in the next 30-60 days when I can return my 360 lol.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 T-Zone
hmm I wonder what they mean by "soon"...hopefully very soon, as in the next 30-60 days when I can return my 360 lol.TheSystemLord1
After summer
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

WTF are you talking about....:roll:
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alfy13
hmm I wonder what they mean by "soon"...hopefully very soon, as in the next 30-60 days when I can return my 360 lol.TheSystemLord1
lmao. but yah, i hope MS allows us early adopters something. But then again 9mil, i just dont see that happening. but i wont put down $400.00 again. Reason wh y i got my 360 is for gears of war, then it go pushed back. i should of just waited.
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 T-Zone
[QUOTE="Binski"][QUOTE="T-Zone"]Now, it seems that MS doesnt really care about its gamers, if they just gon giive up on the first 360. Take a look at the original Xbox, after the 360's release. The Xbox was completely kicked to the curb after a short lifespan due to 360. If this happens again, then Version 2, would be more focused on...

WTF are you talking about....:roll:

Do u remember that when the 360 first came out...U hardly saw anythin of the XB at Gaming events, due to most of the attention was placed on 360?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Is MS afraid of Sony in terms of Graphics-ish? That they have to release a Re-Hash 360?T-Zone

The upgrades have nothing to do with graphics. Aside from the HDMI port and the bigger hard drive, there are no changes to the hardware.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
:cry: I want THAT 360! :cry:
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alfy13
you know i wouldnt feel bad if they made the HD to 60igs. but a jump from 20gigs to 120gigs. Make me think the new tv online plan they are talking about , you will need a biggger HD.
EricForeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EricForeman
[QUOTE="EricForeman"]

[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]It's too early to say what MS is planning. For all you know, they might offer the early adopters some type of tradein deal, though that would be unlikely. I could care less about the HDMI output, or the 120 GB hard drive, since I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and its 640 GB's of space.TheCrazed420

Well, save games are pretty small, game demos are demos so I try them and delete them. I basically just use my PC to store all my music and movies that I stream through my 360. There are products out there that allow you to transfer files from your 360 to your PC

http://www.playfeed.com/index.php/playfeed/article/xbox-360-sata-adapter-03311407/

http://www.extreme-mods.com/xcm-360-sata-p.html

I understand the frustration  your experiencing though.  I won't deny that I would pick up the Zephyr model over the Xenon model, but when it comes to games and purely games, the system hasnt changed.

Thanks, those are cool, and I will probably need that if I ever upgrade my hard-drive.  I was hoping for something more connected though, so I could do the transfers without disconnecting the drive and then connecting it to my PC.  I guess I was hoping for too much.  I wonder why they don't update Windows Media Connect to do this?  A software solution is far preferable to a hardware one in this instance.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 alfy13
you know i wouldnt feel bad if they made the HD to 60igs. but a jump from 20gigs to 120gigs. Make me think the new tv online plan they are talking about , you will need a biggger HD.
TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts
Sounds good to me.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
Well I believe the HDMI thing, and we all know about the smaller CPU, but 120GB hdd sounds kinda hard to believe.
Exodion_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Exodion_Death
Member since 2004 • 3147 Posts
WTF?! **** Y** microsoft! if this is true then im gonna hate them so much, I just bought mine this dec and then suddenly theres another version with HDMI and bigger HD drive, wattahelll?? and same priced?

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 alfy13
Well I believe the HDMI thing, and we all know about the smaller CPU, but 120GB hdd sounds kinda hard to believe.osusfaith
i dont know , the 120gb sounds real. me and my friends at work where just talking about. He remembered MS talking about being able to dl movies, tv shows via 360. we thougth 20gs wwas pretty small for that idea. but 120gigs sounds true then. so i think maybe reason why they are adding the 120gigs . i hope they make a addon for the extra space. i would buy it if they did that.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
[QUOTE="osusfaith"]Well I believe the HDMI thing, and we all know about the smaller CPU, but 120GB hdd sounds kinda hard to believe.alfy13
i dont know , the 120gb sounds real. me and my friends at work where just talking about. He remembered MS talking about being able to dl movies, tv shows via 360. we thougth 20gs wwas pretty small for that idea. but 120gigs sounds true then. so i think maybe reason why they are adding the 120gigs . i hope they make a addon for the extra space. i would buy it if they did that.

Well I don't doubt there'd be a bigger HDD, but THAT big? I think like 60 GB or 80GB is more reasonable of an estimate
Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="osusfaith"]Well I believe the HDMI thing, and we all know about the smaller CPU, but 120GB hdd sounds kinda hard to believe.osusfaith

Well I don't doubt there'd be a bigger HDD, but THAT big? I think like 60 GB or 80GB is more reasonable of an estimate

remember when they slipped up and had a future periherals page I think it was the european Xbox.com that showed the 120GB couple months ago then it mysteriously vanished...I think it will be 120GB
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
Let's break it down for those that didn't bother to read the article but commented anyway. Although nothing has been finalized, here are the modifications in the rumored v2:

HDMI for 1080p digital output - What does this impact? Games can already be upscaled to 1080p through component as described in a recent ArsTechnica article. The new port will be a nice extra, but hardly a requirement. The biggest impact will be with HDDVD movies, but only if you want to watch it in 1080p.

65nm processor - it functions exactly the same as the existing processor. The only difference is that it runs cooler.

120gb HDD - that's cool. According to the Engadget article, you may be able to purchase this separately although nothing has been confirmed. I didn't read anything about MS suddenly requiring HDD use for all games, so what's the real impact? It's another nice-to-have, but doesn't render current 360 obsolete... at all.

Pricing?  Unknown.

Why are some people suddenly infering that the original 360 can no longer be used?