RUMOR: Steam Summer Sale starts today - EDIT: It's now on

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

From what I've seen, it's almost confirmed. More information here.

IWIxUqmzM2jGBMuD43AYxcC1KtpfhE_heT52tBQ9

UJELLY PEASANT?

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

My wallet is ready.

Come at me, Steam.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

My wallet is ready.

Come at me, Steam.

Lord_Nas3k

^

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lord_Nas3k

And still not a quality JRPG in sight. :roll:

Oh, but PC gaming is "superior". What a farce.

GloriousNippon

ur rite

america is not as good as japan

it aint got no animes

notkawaiidesuenoughomgugguu

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GloriousNippon
Member since 2011 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

Lord_Nas3k

ur rite

america is not as good as japan

it aint got no animes

notkawaiidesuenoughomgugguu

Typical American not even able to communicate correctly in his own language. :roll:

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

GloriousNippon
lol JRPG´s,their relevance is long gone.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

Nanomage

He's just trolling badly, leave him alone.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

N30F3N1X

He's just trolling badly, leave him alone.

Again says the guy who cant form a proper rebuttal. :roll:

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Aww yeah Steam sale.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GloriousNippon

Aww yeah Steam sale.

Blake135

So now you get to pay less for mediocre games? :roll:

I really see no need to be even remotely excited.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Nas3k

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

Aww yeah Steam sale.

GloriousNippon

I'm disappointed by your lack of effort. I've seen far more convincing people around these parts.

Such shame.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I want Anno! But only if the price is reasonable.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

Aww yeah Steam sale.

Lord_Nas3k

I'm disappointed by your lack of effort. I've seen far more convincing people around these parts.

Such shame.

Here we go again. Another useless pile of humanity cant debate my point so instead he covers his ears, closes his eyes and out of desperation, trying to save face, starts throwing out baseless accusations.

Pathetic. :roll:

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15604 Posts

GloriousNippon

Who let you out of your cage?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I want Anno! But only if the price is reasonable.

tenaka2
Same here, and borderlands as well.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

Such shame.

Here we go again. Another useless pile of humanity cant debate my point so instead he covers his ears, closes his eyes and out of desperation, trying to save face, starts throwing out baseless accusations.

You didn't make a point, well, apart from pointing out that you are an idiot but I'm not sure if that was intentional.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

Such shame.

tenaka2

You didn't make a point, well, apart from pointing out that you are an idiot but I'm not sure if that was intentional.

Again all childish petty insults, but no rebuttal. :roll:

A miserable bunch of Neanderthals.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

Such shame.

It would be good if you had a point to debate in the first place, all I'm seeing at the moment is an opinion. One can argue an opinion all day and get no where since you know, it is just an opinion. Care to somehow prove objectively without relying on an opinion how those games are in fact mediocre?
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

GloriousNippon

Ys Oath in Felghana and Ys Origins just recently came to steam and are amazing games. I suggest you check them out.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Nas3k"]

Such shame.

soulitane

It would be good if you had a point to debate in the first place, all I'm seeing at the moment is an opinion. One can argue an opinion all day and get no where since you know, it is just an opinion. Care to somehow prove objectively without relying on an opinion how those games are in fact mediocre?

I'm sorry. Can you not read? There are no quality JRPGs offered on Steam. As a matter of fact there are very few Japanese games on steam in general. We all know that Japanese games are objectively better than generic western garbage. No room for hiding behind an opinion on that as I'm sure you know.

That is my point and I'm sure you understand now. If not then try proving otherwise, but good luck trying to argue with facts.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tenaka2

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

I'm sorry. Can you not read? There are no quality JRPGs offered on Steam. As a matter of fact there are very few Japanese games on steam in general. We all know that Japanese games are objectively better than generic western garbage. No room for hiding behind an opinion on that as I'm sure you know.

That is my point and I'm sure you understand now. If not then try proving otherwise, but good luck trying to argue with facts.

THis gen has been very week for japanese games, they have gone down hill a lot.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soulitane

GloriousNippon

Maybe you should learn how to read, the quote chain I quoted said nothing about JRPGs, just games in general. Again with the opinions, please do try again without using them. I do not have to prove otherwise, the burden of proof falls upon you and you have so far failed to prove anything other than you have a differing opinion.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

This is so dumb... stop feeding him.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] It would be good if you had a point to debate in the first place, all I'm seeing at the moment is an opinion. One can argue an opinion all day and get no where since you know, it is just an opinion. Care to somehow prove objectively without relying on an opinion how those games are in fact mediocre?tenaka2

I think "weak" is the word you where looking for and no. :roll:

Even if Japanese games were in decline they are so far ahead of the west it wouldn't matter, but the fact is they are not. Japan keeps innovating and pushing boundaries while the west is stuck on stagnant, unadulterated garbage ideas and archaic game design.

GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] It would be good if you had a point to debate in the first place, all I'm seeing at the moment is an opinion. One can argue an opinion all day and get no where since you know, it is just an opinion. Care to somehow prove objectively without relying on an opinion how those games are in fact mediocre?soulitane

Maybe you should learn how to read, the quote chain I quoted said nothing about JRPGs, just games in general. Again with the opinions, please do try again without using them. I do not have to prove otherwise, the burden of proof falls upon you and you have so far failed to prove anything other than you have a differing opinion.

You expect me to supply proof for what is common knowledge? :roll:

Do you call yourself a gamer? :lol:

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

Even if Japanese games were in decline they are so far ahead of the west it wouldn't matter, but the fact is they are not. Japan keeps innovating and pushing boundaries while the west is stuck on stagnant, unadulterated garbage ideas and archaic game design.

Well perhaps you should go converse on japanese forums then and leave us 'Western Devils' to our generic games.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Well perhaps you should go converse on japanese forums then and leave us 'Western Devils' to our generic games.

amen this is the internet if you dont like being in a place GTFO or make like sony and MOVE

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soulitane

GloriousNippon

Hmmm, you complain other people can't argue when you're exactly the same. Such a pity, I was hoping for something at least mildly interesting.
GloriousNippon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GloriousNippon

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

My presence on this board is a positive influence. My knowledge will rub off on other gamers of high intellect. Consider me a mentor. Maybe one day System Wars will cease to be such a primitive dwelling.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I hope legend of grimrock gets a nice discount price
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

GloriousNippon

Why would you come into this topic about steam if you hate steam, hate the games they offer, and know that they will not be providing games you like?

Are you stupid?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ionusX

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

My presence on this board is a positive influence. My knowledge will rub off on other gamers of high intellect. Consider me a mentor. Maybe one day System Wars will cease to be such a primitive dwelling.

LOLOLOL tenaka i do believe we have ourselves a socially confused peseant on our hands.. my my this could be more fun than loosingends. a peseant convinced hes a nobleman. how about we dress him up with some color potatoe sacks and invite him to a ball being held in an open air pig stye XD

he would be the most stylish gong farmer in the land :P

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

No one here thinks anything you say is positive. You aren't displaying any kind of intelligent knowledge, and no one wants to be like you.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

are the servers usually slow during their steam sales? some people mention it before.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ionusX

are the servers usually slow during their steam sales? some people mention it before.

TheShadowLord07

no but due to high traffic latency on the website and steam app is high. if you own a smartphone i almost recommend shopping through that

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

While you guys are all feeding the world's most obvious troll, I will continue to talk about how awesome the Steam sale is.

I have almost every title there that I already care about, but there are a few I'm interested in. Bethesda bundle is one I might check out, already got Skyrim but I want to check out the PC version of the Fallout titles (I played hundreds of hours of the console versions, now I want to see what mods can do for longevity).

I would also like to finally get all the Half-Life games, I've played them all repeatedly on various systems but have yet to own any on Steam other then Opposing Force.

I will definitely get the Saints Row franchise pack. I've been itching to play The Third, and I never did finish SR2 so it would be nice to own that.

I don't see anything for Ubisoft or Splinter Cell unfortunately, but if any of the Splinter Cell games get cheaper I'll be picking those up as well.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

GloriousNippon
Dark Souls? We're getting it.
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

TheShadowLord07

I've had issues starting my downloads sometimes, but usually a change of DL server helps. Never had any major problems.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GloriousNippon"]

GloriousNippon

Wow, you are trolling really badly. Japanese games haven't really changed(outside of a few select titles) in a few years.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

I heard Geoff Keighley is going to announce the release date of the teaser trailer for the Steam summer sale on Twitter tomorrow.

Also, I probably won't buy much because all my money is going into my vacation. FTGE etc.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

GloriousNippon
This always happens when Steam sales come around. The consololol gamers get more asshurt than usual. We will hear we don't really own the games, those will probably be the same kids saying they get free games with PSN+ rofl.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Tonight's the night.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

but the fact is they are not.

GloriousNippon
Financially they certainly are, Japan has fallen very hard from its former grace in the last decade; which is why so many Japanese publishing houses are investing in European and North American development. Those who are critical to their own industry cite not being ahead of the curve like these developers have been; keeping in mind this is software publishers. And hell, I do love my Japanese games. There is no such thing as 'objectively better' as well; especially considering how multifaceted the history of the JRPG is, and how inspired it is from western titles as part of its unique cultural flavour. Apples or oranges as they say. I'll take my Chrono Trigger and my Fallout thankyouverymuch.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

GloriousNippon
And still not a single f*ck in sight.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

GloriousNippon
When was the last time a JRPG was relevant on consoles? Wii has the best ones and I can play them on my PC so it is a win/win. The last JRPG I truly enjoyed was Lost Odyssey. Outside of that, they have been lackluster at best.
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
Plz plz plz plz be true. I can't take the agony anymore Valve. STOP TEASING US AND LET US GIVE U MONEY.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

GloriousNippon

if you read TC's link you'll notice one of the games in sale is Ys: The Oath in Felghana which is a quality JRPG

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

start already I've been waiting patiently I wanna see some good prices, especially for Max Payne 3 maybe but I doubt it will go down much.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts
I think I´m gonna skip this one,haven´t been playing many games lately and still have a ton of them on standby,maybe a couple if the deal is really good though.