RUMOR: GBA Titles Coming to 3DS eShop

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

3DS downloads imminent?

Try not to get your hopes up -especially in the light of recent events- but it looks as if Nintendo is about to announce the release of Game Boy Advance games on the 3DS eShop.

Spotted by German siteNintendo-Online.de, a trio of GBA covers have been uploaded onto the Nintendo Europe press server, withSuper Mario Ball (AKA Mario Pinball Land),Mario Golf Advance TourandMario & Luigi Superstar Sagabeing the games in question.

Nintendo announced today that a specialNintendo Direct will take place on Thursdayand that the 3DS eShop wouldundergo maintenance just before the presentation.Could this finally mean the advent of downloadable GBA titles on your 3DS?

Here's a screengrab:

GBA eShop

NintendoLife

It's about time. Of all handhelds ever, the GBA arguably had the best library (and it was the one handheld that was inaccessible on the 3DS, at least unless you were an Ambassador). It's good to see GBA titles apparently making their way to the eShop- and starting out with Superstar Saga too!

SOURCE

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Nintendo Domination Continuation
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Oh man.... I played my GBA more than any other platform that generation. More than PC and Gamecube combine.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

WOW if the port DBZ Legend of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury, I would go out and buy a 3DS XL

I loved Legend of Goku 2 and the music was amazing. Legend of Goku 2 is the second best DBZ game, Budokai3 being #1

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

that would be pretty dang neat.

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
About time, though convenience and price may make it a tough sell. BUT WHO CARES SUPERSTAR SAGAAAAAAA
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

WOW if the port DBZ Legend of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury, I would go out and buy a 3DS XL

I loved Legend of Goku 2 and the music was amazing. Legend of Goku 2 is the second best DBZ game, Budokai3 being #1

Nengo_Flow

I'd like if they released that on the UK eshop since it was never released here :(

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Nengo_Flow

Ive never been a fan of Dragon Ball Z but I purchased Legacy of Goku 2 and tore that game apart! One of my favorite Gameboy Advanced games. I maxed out everyones level and unlocked Hercule and got him to max level also.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

I still have my GBA games so Im set.
If Superstar Saga is released everyone should buy it though. OMFFFFFG that game is great.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Well it's about !!@*&%ing time!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I played Chinatown and beat it on the DS and hated it. Opps, sorry, thought the OP said GTA titles. :P GBA games could be a good thing if priced right I guess.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RyanShazam

I played Chinatown and beat it on the DS and hated it. Heil68

Good for you?

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts
Hell yea this is great news. To be able to play all the great titles that were in the GBA library.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Awww yeahhh

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

RyanShazam

Ive never been a fan of Dragon Ball Z but I purchased Legacy of Goku 2 and tore that game apart! One of my favorite Gameboy Advanced games. I maxed out everyones level and unlocked Hercule and got him to max level also.

Hercule? you can unlock Hercule? Da Fuq I never knew about that, why didnt I know that?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blabadon

I still have my GBA games so Im set.
If Superstar Saga is released everyone should buy it though. OMFFFFFG that game is great.

Shirokishi_
One of the three 10 out of 10s I have ever given.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

Nengo_Flow

Hercule? you can unlock Hercule? Da Fuq I never knew about that, why didnt I know that?

You had to get every character to lvl 50 then complete their special areas and get their character trophies. This unlocks him.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#19 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Finally. If true, this will make many people including me happy.

Of course what's going to happen is that we'll see a few gems released right away and then the GBA games people really couldn't care less about will fill in the gap until another gem releases 6 months later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Nengo_Flow
Oh man, Buu's Fury was like the greatest thing ever. I must have like a hundred hours on that cartridge... Good times...
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
Needs metroid zero mission and advanced wars. But seriously there are some good gameboy color games they have yet to release like oracle of ages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Oh man. The memories.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Taking them long enough.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

If they release Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga... wow. The memories. I lost my original cartridge but that is one of my favorite games ever. Might get me to buy a 3DS. Both handhelds are making cases for purhcases ugh.. but I got no damn money for games atm.

It would also be awesome to see them release stuff like Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Zero, but I doubt it. It's all a rumor anyways... but that won't stop me from speculating and having fun.

GBA Castlevania games were amazing.

The GBA was one of the best damn gaming platforms man. Spent so many hours as a goofy kid straining my eyes and neck in my little room playing GBA games.

GOLDEN SUN!?

I mean come on. Nintendo could make so much damn money off this.

Metroid Fusion? Zero Mission?
GAWD.

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#25 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

If it got the GBA versions of FF5 and 6 I'd be slightly more tempted to buy a 3DS.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

This better be true. There are so many phenominal games on the GBA. Bring back Yoshi's Island ASAP!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

This better be true. There are so many phenominal games on the GBA. Bring back Yoshi's Island ASAP!

Pikminmaniac
It's already been available to Ambassadors since last year so I assume this would be one of the first games to be released if this were true.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I'm waiting for some GBA zelda games along with a few other action adventure games.

I actually still play pokemon Ruby occasionally and will probably buy a 3DS for a remake of that.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Great! GBA FTW
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

excellent. keep announcing stuff nintendo and i will keep buying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Let's name some games from the GBA that we'd love to see on the eShop: Golden Sun Golden Sun: The Lost Age Advance Wars Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap F-Zero Maximum Velocity Mario Kart Super Circuit Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Metroid Fusion Metroid Zero Mission Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Castlevania: Circle of the Moon Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls Final Fantasy IV Advance Final Fantasy V Advance Final Fantasy VI Advance Okay, that's all I have right now. What about you guys?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blabadon
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Let's name some games from the GBA that we'd love to see on the eShop: Golden Sun Golden Sun: The Lost Age Advance Wars Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap F-Zero Maximum Velocity Mario Kart Super Circuit Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Metroid Fusion Metroid Zero Mission Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Castlevania: Circle of the Moon Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls Final Fantasy IV Advance Final Fantasy V Advance Final Fantasy VI Advance Okay, that's all I have right now. What about you guys?

Frogger TotF Maaaybe Pokemon MGS THPS MK GBA
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Let's name some games from the GBA that we'd love to see on the eShop: Golden Sun Golden Sun: The Lost Age Advance Wars Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap F-Zero Maximum Velocity Mario Kart Super Circuit Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Metroid Fusion Metroid Zero Mission Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Castlevania: Circle of the Moon Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls Final Fantasy IV Advance Final Fantasy V Advance Final Fantasy VI Advance Okay, that's all I have right now. What about you guys?charizard1605
Mario Tennis Power Tour

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Let's name some games from the GBA that we'd love to see on the eShop: Golden Sun Golden Sun: The Lost Age Advance Wars Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising Fire Emblem Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap F-Zero Maximum Velocity Mario Kart Super Circuit Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga Metroid Fusion Metroid Zero Mission Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Castlevania: Circle of the Moon Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls Final Fantasy IV Advance Final Fantasy V Advance Final Fantasy VI Advance Okay, that's all I have right now. What about you guys?charizard1605

Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis

Megaman Zero 1-4 (already on DS though..)

Megaman Battle Network series (eh)

Breath of Fire II

Mother 3 (My life would be complete if this were to happen.)

Mother 3

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland

That's all I can think of to add. It's already an incredible list.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

While not as great as Partners in Time; Superstar Saga is still one of the greatest JRPGs of our lifetime.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
What price point would they have? I would guess a 9.99USD base price with some being lower and others higher depending on the game.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
they got to do VB games too. Not the bad ones, but WarioLand VB and Teleroboxer. Not sure how Teleroboxer would control on the 3DS though. As for GBA games they've got to get that Astro Boy game. Definitely a gem
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
That's waaaaaay too high for GBA games, but it'd make sense given their pricing of other VC games on the eShop. :[Slashkice
Yeah thats what I'm basing it on. I belive Link's Awakening DX is actually 5.99 and thats a GBC game.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
[QUOTE="Slashkice"]That's waaaaaay too high for GBA games, but it'd make sense given their pricing of other VC games on the eShop. :[Kaze_no_Mirai
Yeah thats what I'm basing it on. I belive Link's Awakening DX is actually 5.99 and thats a GBC game.

that price is a bit ridiculous. I own a 3DS but I haven't checked the eshop on it.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I hope they come. Sadly I traded my GBA back in the day for 360 games (I was a broke school kid) and emulators just don't feel right. Considering the length and content of some of the games, especially the RPGS, I think $9.99 is reasonable. My only qualm is that some of the games will probably be overlooked by Nintendo due to not being a first party game. Still, what I would love to see on there would be...

[spoiler]

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland and the Amazing Mirror
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon
Mother 3
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission
Superstar Saga
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Advance, 4, 5 and 6 Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
KH: Chain of Memories
Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis
Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age
Pokemon Emerald and Leafgreen/Firered (I don't even care about the Pokedex, just want to play through that adventure)
Minish Cap
Tales of Phantasia
Breath of Fire 1 and 2

[/spoiler]

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
im ok with this...didnt play a lot of GBA. This news is great for dkc alone...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

While not as great as Partners in Time; Superstar Saga is still one of the greatest JRPGs of our lifetime.

Ly_the_Fairy
Partners in time was the series high point to you? I would give it to SS, BiS, then PiT
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

darkspineslayer

Partners in time was the series high point to you? I would give it to SS, BiS, then PiT

That's pretty much the majority opinion but I'm on his side, Partners in Time was my favorite, Bowsers Inside Story was my least. Don't know why but I didn't like the game that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Jolt_counter119

That's pretty much the majority opinion but I'm on his side, Partners in Time was my favorite, Bowsers Inside Story was my least. Don't know why but I didn't like the game that much.

Hm? I rank them as Bowser's Inside Story>Superstar Saga>Partners In Time Partners in Time was pure mediocrity to me.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Jolt_counter119

Surprisingly I couldn't even finish Bowsers Inside Story. I just eventually didn't want to play anymore.

Meanwhile PiT, and SS I played through multiple times.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#48 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

That would be stupid if they didn't.

Once they do, take this off eShop:

Metroid NES

And replace it with this:

Metroid: Zero Mission

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Ly_the_Fairy

WHAT? You are in quite the minority there. Most see Partners in Time as the weakest in the series by quite a large margin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#50 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
You know it's weird, I didn't care too much for most of the GBA library.