Rpgs on ds vs rpgs on psp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JosephOz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JosephOz
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

I have been getting into and playing lots of rpgs (role playing games) on my nintendo ds. I go to my psp and pick up and play a rpg and it doesnt amuse me as much as the ds rpgs do. Do you guys agree that the ds is better with rpgs?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
yeah
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Yes sirrr, but the PSP has been doing good with rpgs lately.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

No, theyre about the same in my opinion, this is coming from a hardcore JRPG player.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
P3P and Valkyria Chronicles 2
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
I'd say they're about same, but the DS has Pokemon :P
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I would say the PSP has a slight edge over the DS, but it's very close.

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
The PSP is better plus you can play PS1 RPG
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
DS It's getting DQ6 and Radiant of Historia this month, Pokemon next month.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

psp has persona 3 portable which automatically wins it for me

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Luxen90

Surprised to see how many people are saying PSP since there's so many garbage rpgs on the system, but then again people could be counting games that never came to US. Oh if we are counting PS1 games since they are playable then PSP.

JosephOz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 JosephOz
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

The ds has got lots of great games like Dragon quest,Final fantasy,pokemon,the world ends with you,mario rpgs,chrono trigger,lufia,golden sun, and much more, I get more games for the ds but I think it has a bigger amount of better rpgs but psp definetly has great ps1 rpgs.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shirokishi_

Surprised to see how many people are saying PSP since there's so many garbage rpgs on the system, but then again people could be counting games that never came to US. Oh if we are counting PS1 games since they are playable then PSP.

Luxen90

If we're counting backwards compatability then Im pretty sure the DS would beat the PSP.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Luxen90
I'm just saying PSP because TC seems to be on the side of DS. you know I bought both.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The DS simply because of Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Chrno Trigger, The World Ends With You, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun Dark Dawn... actually, you know what? I think you get the point.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chris_Williams

Luxen90
whoa, what garbage games are you talking about, all i played were awesome rpg's on my psp, persona, monster hunter, final fantasy, Valkyrie chronicles,
ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Yes. The only Rpg I can think of on the Psp that is not a ports and remake is Monster Hunter.

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

Yes. The only Rpg I can think of on the Psp that is not a ports and remake is Monster Hunter.

ZombeGoast
Seems like you gotta think a little harder ;)
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]

Chris_Williams

whoa, what garbage games are you talking about, all i played were awesome rpg's on my psp, persona, monster hunter, final fantasy, Valkyrie chronicles,

The first 3 legend of heroes games, Mimana Iyar, Spectral Souls, Astonishia Story, Blade Dancer, Untold Legends, Tales of the World, I can go on.

The PSP has the bad and the good.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Luxen90
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"] If we're counting backwards compatability then Im pretty sure the DS would beat the PSP.

I'm not exactly sure what to say, because GBA doesn't have any rpgs that come close to the best PS1 rpgs, besides FF6. SRPG wise eh, I'd just say it's a tie depending on what exactly you want out of SRPG games. Either way now that I think about it DS would most likely still be above PSP, because of the fact not too many PS1 ****cs are available on PSN yet. [QUOTE="funsohng"] I'm just saying PSP because TC seems to be on the side of DS. you know I bought both.

Well, I figured you'd vote for PSP because of VC2 and VC3 being on it :P
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Luxen90
[QUOTE="Luxen90"]

Chris_Williams

Well of course if you decide to ignore the garbage rpgs on PSP you won't end up playing them, but there's plenty on the PSP that outweighs the DS garbage RPGs. I'm not saying the ones you named aren't good, I enjoy those a lot especially monster hunter since I put so many hours into each iteration.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shirokishi_

I'm not exactly sure what to say, because GBA doesn't have any rpgs that come close to the best PS1 rpgs, besides FF6. SRPG wise eh, I'd just say it's a tie depending on what exactly you want out of SRPG games. Either way now that I think about it DS would most likely still be above PSP, because of the fact not too many PS1 ****cs are available on PSN yet.Luxen90

Which is exactly why the GBA BC gives the DS the edge. The PSN titles arent quite there yet.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Luxen90

ZombeGoast
Pretty harsh lol
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Luxen90

[QUOTE="Luxen90"] I'm not exactly sure what to say, because GBA doesn't have any rpgs that come close to the best PS1 rpgs, besides FF6. SRPG wise eh, I'd just say it's a tie depending on what exactly you want out of SRPG games. Either way now that I think about it DS would most likely still be above PSP, because of the fact not too many PS1 ****cs are available on PSN yet.Shirokishi_

Which is exactly why the GBA BC gives the DS the edge. The PSN titles arent quite there yet.

Not for long, Vagrant Story and Xenogears coming soon ;)
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Luxen90"]

Luxen90

Well of course if you decide to ignore the garbage rpgs on PSP you won't end up playing them, but there's plenty on the PSP that outweighs the DS garbage RPGs. I'm not saying the ones you named aren't good, I enjoy those a lot especially monster hunter since I put so many hours into each iteration.

yeah and ds also has plenty of garbage rpg's, whats your point?

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Luxen90

yeah and ds also has plenty of garbage rpg's, whats your point?

Chris_Williams

Did you even read past the first 5 words?:?I basically said PSP has more garbage rpgs than the DS does. I didn't deny that DS has garbage rpgs either, I just said PSP has way more. If I'm going to compare which has more RPG worth playing, it'd be DS without a doubt, I can see PSP passing up the DS very quickly though if the upcoming RPGs I'm looking forward to are good.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]yeah and ds also has plenty of garbage rpg's, whats your point?

Luxen90

Did you even read past the first 5 words?:?I basically said PSP has more garbage rpgs than the DS does. I didn't deny that DS has garbage rpgs either, I just said PSP has way more. If I'm going to compare which has more RPG worth playing, it'd be DS without a doubt, I can see PSP passing up the DS very quickly though if the upcoming RPGs I'm looking forward to are good.

I did and you act like all the ds rpg's are the best or something, also in japan psp kills in the rpg department. Can't' i also say i think the ds has way more garbage on it then the psp? oh wait i will say it, the ds has way more garbabge rpg's on it then the psp, see it ain't that hard. Your spouting your opinion like its a fact.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Luxen90

I did and you act like all the ds rpg's are the best or something, also in japan psp kills in the rpg department. Can't' i also say i think the ds has way more garbage on it then the psp? oh wait i will say it, the ds has way more garbabge rpg's on it then the psp, see it ain't that hard. Your spouting your opinion like its a fact.

Chris_Williams

:lol:

No, I don't think DS RPGs are the best lol, I don't even play my DS nowadays compared to PSP.

but then again people could be counting games that never came to US. Luxen90

You see that quote? That should give you a hint that I wasn't counting rpgs that never came to US.

You can say whatever you want really, because you're opinion doesn't really mean a thing and won't affect how I view RPGs on both handhelds.

And Sorry man, there's no way in hell that I'm going to have a dicussion with you about me spouting my opinion like it's a fact, if you cannot tell what's a fact and opinion, then I'm sorry, but whenever you read my posts you should just imagine "IMO" being right at the end of it.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

I enjoyed more RPGs on the PSP than on the DS, so I'll give it to the PSP. And come on, it's getting Tactics Ogre next week.

I played a lot of the DS RPGs, but I usually end up not liking them, even the highly praised ones like TWEWY. However, the DS does have one of my favorite RPGs this gen: Devil Survivor.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

It's hard. I personally give the nod to the PSP due to the PS1 RPG's on the PSN network.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

psp + psn= win.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Close but I will give the edge to PSP since it got more RPGs that I like.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Luxen90

I enjoyed more RPGs on the PSP than on the DS, so I'll give it to the PSP. And come on, it's getting Tactics Ogre next week.

I played a lot of the DS RPGs, but I usually end up not liking them, even the highly praised ones like TWEWY. However, the DS does have one of my favorite RPGs this gen: Devil Survivor.

DJChuy
Hate that Tactics Ogre and Radiant Historia are so close to each other, and it doesn't help that both games seem to have high replay value.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I will go with the PSP just for P3P and KHBBS alone. Both are great when it comes to RPGs through.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DJChuy

[QUOTE="DJChuy"]

Luxen90

Hate that Tactics Ogre and Radiant Historia are so close to each other, and it doesn't help that both games seem to have high replay value.

I hate that too...when games I'm looking forward to are like a week apart. March and the holiday season are usually the worst offenders. Last March was pretty bad: Final Fantasy XIII, Resonance of Fate, Yakuza 3, Infinite Space, and Strange Journey.

I'll probably buy Radiant Historia in the Summer.

Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

DS with the Dragon Quest games.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Luxen90

I hate that too...when games I'm looking forward to are like a week apart. March and the holiday season are usually the worst offenders. Last March was pretty bad: Final Fantasy XIII, Resonance of Fate, Yakuza 3, Infinite Space, and Strange Journey.

DJChuy

I'll beat them some way.

I picked up all of those day one except Resonance of Fate. I didn't beat Strange Journey yet, because I was pretty disappointed(which I'm sure I've said a million times by now). Luckily next month doesn't seem that bad at all, I think I'm only getting Yakuza 4.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJChuy

[QUOTE="DJChuy"]

Luxen90

I'll beat them some way.

I picked up all of those day one except Resonance of Fate. I didn't beat Strange Journey yet, because I was pretty disappointed(which I'm sure I've said a million times by now). Luckily next month doesn't seem that bad at all, I think I'm only getting Yakuza 4.

It's not really worth continuing SJ, imo. The dungeon designs get kind of lazy towards the end, and each alignment is too 'extreme'. It's not properly done like in Devil Survivor, where each side brought valid points. I forced myself on beating it. The battle system wasn't as addicting as the other games in the series.

Next month for me is Yakuza 4, The 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 12. Dissidia can wait though, and the 3rd Birthday is short.