Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39539 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Lol, is the guy recommending 2nd hand headphones and went ages without playing PC because he didn’t have the money for a new GPU actually mocking me for only spending 100 bucks on a headset?

If I want great soundstage, I’ll use my Atmos setup. If I’m chilling doing a co-op or MP game, I want a headset with an actual microphone….not some used wired headphones that have other people’s earwax and sweat.

Ugh. How could you Wenzen?

What second hand? They're returns, all sealed and new🤦‍♂️Best part of it all is that you could get a pair of the HD555 from the early 2000's, and they would run all over your shitty headset😆

And what kind of person uses an atmos set up to play competitively? This doesn't exist. Your set up is to play singleplayer games, and only singleplayer games. Nobody uses large tv's either because there's too much distance from the center of the screen to the edges. When i am in my 70's, i will build your atmos setup, but for now, you can keep it.

And imagine bitchin' about wired headphones when literally the best headphones in the world, which, btw, are made by Sennheiser and are worth over 50k, are wired🤡Not only there are audio lag when its wireless, but all wireless headsets are heavy because of the batteries, and the point of a pair of cans is for them to be as light and comfy as it gets, just so you could completely forget them being on your head. You ain't getting that on some $100 trash from Microsoft lmao. But if you've never had a good pair, you wouldn't know cuz your standards are low.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@hardwenzen: You think anybody here is a “competitive gamer”?😂😂😂

You honestly think most console gamers play on a 1440p screen instead of a big screen?

Again…delusional.

By the time you’re 70, Atmos will be trumped by newer technology….and people like me will embrace it.

People like you will continue to make do with little monitors outputting lower resolutions and being content with used, wired headphones together with bulky wired standalone mics.

That’s just so sad Wenzen.

How on Earth do you whine about the weight of batteries in the headset when your HD555’s weigh 680 grams which compares to 320 grams for the Xbox headset? Lmao.

Now excuse me, I have an appointment with a Doctor to help me with the back and neck strain caused by 15 grams of battery.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Leave it to @hardwenzen to over exaggerate. Does this game look great? Not particularly, no. Does it look like 1997 graphics? Hell no!

Tenchu on the PS1 looked like this in 1998!

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 767 Posts

I still remember the first time I played Wo Long, my eyes almost bled because of its graphics

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58447 Posts

Don't care so long as it runs well.

AAA developers have become so poor at optimizing their games to run well and so unwilling to put in the time and resources for quality control/testing, I actually sort of cringe when they boast about their technological capabilities and "next gen" visuals. It's almost a guarantee that the game will run slow, poorly, and/or will crash.

It's like "OUR GAME HAS AMAZING TECH!" and I'm just sitting here like "Well, does it have to? Maybe go back to something tried and tested that runs well" lol

There used to be a sort of unspoken promise that a AAA game would have a certain measure of objective quality (that is, it would be functional at the very least) and I feel that no longer exists.

@TheEroica said:

If the gameplay is tight none of the visuals matter in the slightest. The end!

Pretty much.

I get wanting to be visually impressive, but I think art direction is a meaningful way to bridge the gap between looking good and getting good performance.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58447 Posts
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Lol, is the guy recommending 2nd hand headphones and went ages without playing PC because he didn’t have the money for a new GPU actually mocking me for only spending 100 bucks on a headset?

If I want great soundstage, I’ll use my Atmos setup. If I’m chilling doing a co-op or MP game, I want a headset with an actual microphone….not some used wired headphones that have other people’s earwax and sweat.

I feel like ~$100 is the sweet spot for a good set of headphones. Any more and you might as well spend $500+ (not to mention hundreds more an an amp and DAC and whatever), any less and you might as well spend $15.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sealionact

@mrbojangles25: Exactly. I’m playing games. I need to hear the effects, where they came from and I’d like my voice to be clear enough to be heard….anything else is a bonus. At 100 bucks, I get all that with quite a few extra features I wouldn’t get on a more expensive stereo headset designed for listening to music.

Then again Wenzen thinks “nobody” plays games on a big tv.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hardwenzen  Online

@Bond007uk said:

Leave it to @hardwenzen to over exaggerate. Does this game look great? Not particularly, no. Does it look like 1997 graphics? Hell no!

Tenchu on the PS1 looked like this in 1998!

It looks abysmal. That's all you need to know.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sealionact said:

I feel like ~$100 is the sweet spot for a good set of headphones. Any more and you might as well spend $500+ (not to mention hundreds more an an amp and DAC and whatever), any less and you might as well spend $15.

Senneheiser HD599 can be had for $100 on sale on amazon. So yes, you can get a good pair ON SALE. There are no good $100 headphones sold for $100 without a sale.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sealionact

@hardwenzen: On sale - and used - you can get them for 129 on Amazon. Not 100. That gets you 2004 technology with no microphone. How are you recommending that as a gaming headset?

Come on Wenzen, behave.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: On sale - and used - you can get them for 129 on Amazon. Not 100. That gets you 2004 technology with no microphone. How are you recommending that as a gaming headset?

Come on Wenzen, behave.

$130cad or $99usd on sale - new🤡And that's for the HD599, a much better pair of headphones than your Xbox made piece of garbage, but they don't have the soundstage of my HD560S. Imagine paying attention to a shitty mic that's included with a $99 headset😆😆😆

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

Come on Wenzen, behave.

$130cad or $99usd on sale - new🤡And that's for the HD599, a much better pair of headphones than your Xbox made piece of garbage, but they don't have the soundstage of my HD560S. Imagine paying attention to a shitty mic that's included with a $99 headset😆😆😆

Theyre 129 Wenzen. From 2004. And that dual beam voice isolating mic is 100% better than the mic that comes with these ugly ass cans…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact: jesus christ you're clueless. the HD599 came out in 2016, not 2004😆Their standard price is $200cad here, but during prime day, they drop to $130. The seller you posted is third party, not amazon. And look at those reviews, shits all over your little headset, and most importantly, for the same price🤡Now imagine for a second being dumb enough to grab the headset over these. WOW!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:

@sealionact: jesus christ you're clueless. the HD599 came out in 2016, not 2004😆Their standard price is $200cad here, but during prime day, they drop to $130. The seller you posted is third party, not amazon. And look at those reviews, shits all over your little headset, and most importantly, for the same price🤡Now imagine for a second being dumb enough to grab the headset over these. WOW!

They‘re so old, Sennheiser don’t even sell them on Amazon, which is why I posted the only place slashing the price to get rid of them…..they look like Technics made them in 1979. And no mic. Nothing, absolutely nothing that makes anyone with half a brain get them over an actual gaming headset while I’m GAMING.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

They‘re so old, Sennheiser don’t even sell them on Amazon, which is why I posted the only place slashing the price to get rid of them…..they look like Technics made them in 1979. And no mic. Nothing, absolutely nothing that makes anyone with half a brain get them over an actual gaming headset while I’m GAMING.

They're from 2016, and my HD560s are from 2020🤡. Sennheiser headphones last for so long that the company is losing a shitton of money every years because there is no reason for people to ever replace what doesn't break. And because their audio is as good as it gets, plenty of audiophiles are using their headphones since the 90's, and are only swapping the earpads and the headband when it wears out. Yes, imagine a company that knows audio. And how foolish of you to think that older pair of cans=bad Its only the case when its made by a company that doesn't specialize in audio, and are only releasing dogshit products to milk the dudebro that grabs em on amazon because they've seen the ads for them on XBL😆

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

They're from 2016, and my HD560s are from 2020🤡. Sennheiser headphones last for so long that the company is losing a shitton of money every years because there is no reason for people to ever replace what doesn't break. And because their audio is as good as it gets, plenty of audiophiles are using their headphones since the 90's, and are only swapping the earpads and the headband when it wears out. Yes, imagine a company that knows audio. And how foolish of you to think that older pair of cans=bad Its only the case when its made by a company that doesn't specialize in audio, and are only releasing dogshit products to milk the dudebro that grabs em on amazon because they've seen the ads for them on XBL😆

Stop, I’m peeing my pants dude…. I can picture the scene now;

”Fancy a quick game of COD?”

”Sure! Let me pick up my new headset that Wenzen recommended. Only $16000. Anybody see the crank handle?”

😂😂😂😂😂

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14009 Posts

Gameplay looks fantastic, you'd have to be a whiny **** to complain about it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact: You keep mentioning the age of a headphone model, as if it meant anything. Their HD600 are from the 90's as well, and guess what? They're one of the most popular headphones in 2024, and many consider as the best there is for listening music😆. But because they don't have much soundstage, they're not what's needed for gaming. Today you're getting a lesson on Sennheiser, so i expect you to grab a pair within the next few months. If you don't, you're a disappointment in life.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:

@sealionact: You keep mentioning the age of a headphone model, as if it meant anything. Their HD600 are from the 90's as well, and guess what? They're one of the most popular headphones in 2024, and many consider as the best there is for listening music😆. But because they don't have much soundstage, they're not what's needed for gaming. Today you're getting a lesson on Sennheiser, so i expect you to grab a pair within the next few months. If you don't, you're a disappointment in life.

And we’re back to square one. I’m not listening to music, I’m occasionally using them for gaming when I’m not using my Denon amp. You can’t even stay on topic on your own thread, and had to pick an argument you can’t win that you started a year ago.

Nothing you’ve shown me - or told me - says that you can come up with a better gaming headset for $100. I’m not interested in your old money losing micless ugly cans that aren’t even available on Amazon. No one who uses them for gaming is.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

And we’re back to square one. I’m not listening to music, I’m occasionally using them for gaming when I’m not using my Denon amp. You can’t even stay on topic on your own thread, and had to pick an argument you can’t win that you started a year ago.

Nothing you’ve shown me - or told me - says that you can come up with a better gaming headset for $100. I’m not interested in your old money losing micless ugly cans that aren’t even available on Amazon. No one who uses them for gaming is.

Did you even read what i said? You implied that old headphones are shit, even tho the HD599 are from 2016. So, just there, you were already in the red (nothing surprising). Then, i gave you an example of a quality pair of headphones from the early 90's. Price wasn't in question here, only the sound quality. You moaned about their price, as if anybody was talking about their price tag when my point was the fact that the age doesn't matter when its built by a company that has been in the business since the 40's. Then, i showed you the HD600, which are also from the 90's, and have clearly stated that i don't use them because of the soundstage, and instead, i used the HD560s, which are from 2020, and have excellent soundstage. But there's another thing that you, Mr Clueless, have missed. You say that you don't listen to music (which is a lie. everyone listens to music), making these HD600 pointless to you because they don't have much sound staging, but is your clueless ass aware of the fact that your $99 headset is of a closed back design, and have fuckall soundstage?🤦‍♂️Like imagine even thinking of how a pair of headphones look like (btw my HD560s look way better than your toy looking piece trash made by Xbox) instead of paying attention to what matters, which is comform over long durations of wear, their weigh and sound. Bet you're the kind of a guy that would want RGB's on your headphones, and you'd consider it as a selling feature😆😆😆

You're clueless, stick to talking about your shovelware pass.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Did you even read what i said? You implied that old headphones are shit, even tho the HD599 are from 2016. So, just there, you were already in the red (nothing surprising). Then, i gave you an example of a quality pair of headphones from the early 90's. Price wasn't in question here, only the sound quality. You moaned about their price, as if anybody was talking about their price tag when my point was the fact that the age doesn't matter when its built by a company that has been in the business since the 40's. Then, i showed you the HD600, which are also from the 90's, and have clearly stated that i don't use them because of the soundstage, and instead, i used the HD560s, which are from 2020, and have excellent soundstage. But there's another thing that you, Mr Clueless, have missed. You say that you don't listen to music (which is a lie. everyone listens to music), making these HD600 pointless to you because they don't have much sound staging, but is your clueless ass aware of the fact that your $99 headset is of a closed back design, and have fuckall soundstage?🤦‍♂️Like imagine even thinking of how a pair of headphones look like (btw my HD560s look way better than your toy looking piece trash made by Xbox) instead of paying attention to what matters, which is comform over long durations of wear, their weigh and sound. Bet you're the kind of a guy that would want RGB's on your headphones, and you'd consider it as a selling feature😆😆😆

You're clueless, stick to talking about your shovelware pass.

Nope, I didn’t say I don’t listen to music. I said I use my headset for gaming. Concentrate. Nor did I say old cans are shit. I said paying more for old cans that don’t have a mic is senseless if I want to game and use voice chat.

Try and keep up Wenzen. You’re getting tired.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact: Ah, so now that you were proven wrong, you try to save your ass with the "i didn't do x", when you clearly implied it😅This is not how this works, and today, 9/3/2024, you found out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@TheEroica: took the words out of my mouth.

Such bitch ass complaints. The game looks fun. Hopefully it IS fun.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9414 Posts

Given the current state of the industry, it has a better chance of being fun if it has shit graphics. Just going purely by statistics, this is where we're at. Triple ayough.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen  Online

@pyro1245 said:

Given the current state of the industry, it has a better chance of being fun if it has shit graphics. Just going purely by statistics, this is where we're at. Triple ayough.

Do you consider the nioh IP as "fun"?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:

@sealionact: Ah, so now that you were proven wrong, you try to save your ass with the "i didn't do x", when you clearly implied it😅This is not how this works, and today, 9/3/2024, you found out.

Do please show me where I implied I don’t listen to music.

Hint;

”I play Games on it” won’t cut it.

Laughable Wenzen

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hint;

Laughable Wenzen

Then you proved my point without me needing to try. A 1998 pair of headphones THAT DOES NOT COST 16k is plowing through competition even in 2024, and is also being sold all over to this day. Do you think your shitty headset will last this long? Be glad if its still on sale by next year😆

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hint;

Laughable Wenzen

Then you proved my point without me needing to try. A 1998 pair of headphones THAT DOES NOT COST 16k is plowing through competition even in 2024, and is also being sold all over to this day. Do you think your shitty headset will last this long? Be glad if its still on sale by next year😆

Ah, the avoidance technique.
Predictable.
You showed me a pair of can with valves that cost $16000 in the early 90s, instead of showing me where I said I dont listen to music.
You’ve had your butt handed to you again, and it’s back to goalposts. 😂😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:

Hint;

Laughable Wenzen

Ah, the avoidance technique.

Predictable.

You showed me a pair of can with valves that cost $16000 in the early 90s, instead of showing me where I said I dont listen to music.

You’ve had your butt handed to you again, and it’s back to goalposts. 😂😂

You implied that old=bad, and now you're focusing on those $16k pair of cans when i've clearly showed you that the HD600 are also from the 90's, and are one of the most popular headphones in the world🤡You got rolled, and there's no help for that. You go dismantled, and that's just sad. Almost as sad as buying that shitty headset from Microsoft.😅😅😅

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sealionact

@hardwenzen: Nope, you failed to convince anyone why gamers would choose a headset designed for music when they cost more and lack basic gaming headset features like a mic.

You also failed to point out where I said old=bad when I actually said “Your headset is so old It’s not for sale on Amazon anymore” when you claimed they were 99 bucks on that site.

Fail, fail, fail Wenzen.

Xylith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Xylith
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

@sakaixx: Yep pretty much. Studio’s basically can’t win! Like when I hear people often confidently say “I prefer gameplay over graphics”, which in itself is fair. Until a game comes out that doesn’t look like it’s been given the modern gaming polish, at which point that statement goes out the window!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pyro1245

@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

Yeah Nioh is a fun. Fast and fluid game play, good level design, good build variety.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen  Online

@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

Yeah Nioh is a fun. Fast and fluid game play, good level design, good build variety.

BRUH

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 pyro1245

@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

BRUH

Okay it has been 7 years since I played it (didn't play the sequel). What was wrong with it? Sure it's not at the level of some FROM games where the areas are interconnected with super satisfying shortcuts. I remember liking the levels in Nioh.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:

BRUH

Okay it has been 7 years since I played it (didn't play the sequel). What was wrong with it? Sure it's not at the level of some FROM games where the areas are interconnected with super satisfying shortcuts. I remember liking the levels in Nioh.

Without exaggeration, its THE game i remember (Nioh 1) with the worst level design i've seen in a game in a long while. Every level looks brown and uses the same wood & rock texture. The mission tells you to go from point A to point B, then the next mission, one that has nothing to do with the previous one, makes you go back from point B to point A. Then, on the third mission, you start elsewhere, but the end of it leads you the point B of the previous mission. All of it while fighting the exact same looking mobs, with the same animations and everything. This is such laziness that i am annoyed just writing it, and most of the game was like that, not just a couple of missions here and there. You'd hope they've learned their lesson for Nioh 2 or Wo Long, but of course not, its the same ugly/samey looking environment that makes you run around in the most uninspiring environment the game can offer. All their latest games look so bland that its as if they have zero artists at the company, and this is very evident in the video i posted above as well, so its not changing for Rise of the Ronin.

Nioh has a good combat system that is stuck in a mediore game. Outside of its combat system, there isn't a single thing that the game does decently, let alone "well". And its funny because the game was well reviewed, sold decently, and while i was playing it, i 100% agreed on it being a game in the 8.5/10 range, but its only when i was completely done with it, and looking at it now, i see the whole picture, and how mediocre the whole experience was. And i believe that many feel the same way that i do because i very rarely see anybody suggest nioh after its first year of release.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15970 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

BRUH

Without exaggeration, its THE game i remember (Nioh 1) with the worst level design i've seen in a game in a long while. Every level looks brown and uses the same wood & rock texture. The mission tells you to go from point A to point B, then the next mission, one that has nothing to do with the previous one, makes you go back from point B to point A. Then, on the third mission, you start elsewhere, but the end of it leads you the point B of the previous mission. All of it while fighting the exact same looking mobs, with the same animations and everything. This is such laziness that i am annoyed just writing it, and most of the game was like that, not just a couple of missions here and there. You'd hope they've learned their lesson for Nioh 2 or Wo Long, but of course not, its the same ugly/samey looking environment that makes you run around in the most uninspiring environment the game can offer. All their latest games look so bland that its as if they have zero artists at the company, and this is very evident in the video i posted above as well, so its not changing for Rise of the Ronin.

Nioh has a good combat system that is stuck in a mediore game. Outside of its combat system, there isn't a single thing that the game does decently, let alone "well". And its funny because the game was well reviewed, sold decently, and while i was playing it, i 100% agreed on it being a game in the 8.5/10 range, but its only when i was completely done with it, and looking at it now, i see the whole picture, and how mediocre the whole experience was. And i believe that many feel the same way that i do because i very rarely see anybody suggest nioh after its first year of release.

nioh side content is mission based. They reuse maps and bosses for gears, skill drops and soul cores.

The main content is very straightforward A to B like DS3.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:

BRUH

nioh side content is mission based. They reuse maps and bosses for gears, skill drops and soul cores.

The main content is very straightforward A to B like DS3.

Side missions is the whole game, so with that design, your whole game is nothing but reused maps and bosses. And DkS3 is not just going from A to B. All fromsoft titles offer great exploration in every level, so you'll be doing much more than that.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8324 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

BRUH

I'm going to be real. Nioh was great and fun.

But this Ronin game.. doesn't look fun..

People saying "people care to much about graphics the gameplay looks good!"

From what I've seen, gameplay don't even look good. I don't get what people are seeing that looks great.

I'm skeptical on the gameplay here and the graphics do look pretty ass for 2024. Don't charge $70 if your game looks like ass and has generic gameplay.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:

BRUH

Side missions is the whole game, so with that design, your whole game is nothing but reused maps and bosses. And DkS3 is not just going from A to B. All fromsoft titles offer great exploration in every level, so you'll be doing much more than that.

Nioh is loot based game so its the whole point of the side content, do it to loot better gears. still u can ignore it and play like a normal Souls game.

DS3 is so linear, worst map in all fromsoft games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen  Online

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pyro1245 said:

Nioh is loot based game so its the whole point of the side content, do it to loot better gears. still u can ignore it and play like a normal Souls game.

The issue isn't side content, i want side content. The problem is how the side content was built. Also, the loot in that game IS the biggest problem of the game itself, so if they made trash tier side content because of randomly generated loot that doesn't fit the game whatsoever, then its just a big fat fail front all front. This team thinks that just because diablo or destiny has random loot and is successful that adding it to any genre makes sense. Clueless.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

The issue isn't side content, i want side content. The problem is how the side content was built. Also, the loot in that game IS the biggest problem of the game itself, so if they made trash tier side content because of randomly generated loot that doesn't fit the game whatsoever, then its just a big fat fail front all front. This team thinks that just because diablo or destiny has random loot and is successful that adding it to any genre makes sense. Clueless.

But they are successful in the weapon loot drop loop its why they double down on it in Nioh 2. Fans like the mechanics.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

But they are successful in the weapon loot drop loop its why they double down on it in Nioh 2. Fans like the mechanics.

Fans don't like the mechanic at all, what the hell. Not only were reviewers complaining about it being cumborsome, but i've read so many people bitch about it on reddit and gamefaqs. But that's not all, the game doesn't even have a god damn inventory system made for all the junk you get in the game, so you're permanently flooded with garbage, and its a pain in the ass to manage all that trash. Their stuff is so damn amateurish, and they doubled down because that's all they've been doing since Nioh 1, which is copy pasting what did well in a successful title, without understanding what was good in it and what wasn't. Nioh would've been ten times better if you had like 3 different Katanas with slightly different moves, 3 different dual katanas, a couple of spears, etc. Then you just upgrade them, and unlock new moves a la NG. What they have in Nioh 1, Nioh 2 and Wo Long is a damn shitshow, and i bet you it ain't changing in Rise of the Ronin because as i've mentioned, they don't really understand what's good for the game and what isn't, and are only migrating mechanics from their previous titles (Nioh 1 to be exact) because it sold well.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Fans don't like the mechanic at all, what the hell. Not only were reviewers complaining about it being cumborsome, but i've read so many people bitch about it on reddit and gamefaqs. But that's not all, the game doesn't even have a god damn inventory system made for all the junk you get in the game, so you're permanently flooded with garbage, and its a pain in the ass to manage all that trash. Their stuff is so damn amateurish, and they doubled down because that's all they've been doing since Nioh 1, which is copy pasting what did well in a successful title, without understanding what was good in it and what wasn't. Nioh would've been ten times better if you had like 3 different Katanas with slightly different moves, 3 different dual katanas, a couple of spears, etc. Then you just upgrade them, and unlock new moves a la NG. What they have in Nioh 1, Nioh 2 and Wo Long is a damn shitshow, and i bet you it ain't changing in Rise of the Ronin because as i've mentioned, they don't really understand what's good for the game and what isn't, and are only migrating mechanics from their previous titles (Nioh 1 to be exact) because it sold well.

Seems like a failure on your side to understand the gameplay loop of Nioh than an actual issue. Those junks are meant to be sacrificed for weapon skill rolls ur not supposed to hoard them.

Skill issues is a problem in these type of game it can get bit too grindy and hard. no easy mode unfortunately.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Seems like a failure on your side to understand the gameplay loop of Nioh than an actual issue. Those junks are meant to be sacrificed for weapon skill rolls ur not supposed to hoard them.

Skill issues is a problem in these type of game it can get bit too grindy and hard. no easy mode unfortunately.

There's no misunderstanding of any kind. I have done everything the game had to offer, and maxed out all my gear. Played the original for longer than people spend in Nioh 1, Nioh 2 and Wo Long combined. Its a garbage system from the grounds up. There's a reason why Nioh 2 came out, and nobody even noticed. Even worse for Wo Long, nobody gave two shits. Their systems are trash, and they're not able to improve anything because they are incapable of understanding the core issues. Now, it is perfectly fine for you to enjoy a garbage system, i am not the one suffering here, but we don't need to pretend like an inventory full of worthless trash, with stats that improve by 0.7% here and there is actual loot worth having in your inventory. Also kinda funny to me how you defend a system that wastes your time sacrificing garbage lul. You might as well get your ass into Diablo 4, you will be all over its loot.

Come to think of it, they don't even understand how to create exciting loot either. Everything you ever get in their games looks generic and with such tiny stat changes that it might as well rival the Suicide Squad loot system.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6504 Posts

Sony/Team Ninja may have to raise the price of the game to $80 because the games has been Banned in Korea and it's been reported that its due to one of the devs comments lol.

lets start a hashtag trending

#cowsbuytwocopiestohelpsonyout

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen  Online

I honestly don't know wtf is sony/team ninja thinking about releasing this thing on the same day as Dragon's Dogma 2. This is suicide. Not only is there no marketing for ROTR, but everything shown looks super bland. Every time this game was shown during live events, everyone was memeing its trash tier visuals in the twitch chat, calling it Nioh 1.1 lmao. Don't think they're ready at how poorly this game will do.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

There's no misunderstanding of any kind. I have done everything the game had to offer, and maxed out all my gear. Played the original for longer than people spend in Nioh 1, Nioh 2 and Wo Long combined. Its a garbage system from the grounds up. There's a reason why Nioh 2 came out, and nobody even noticed. Even worse for Wo Long, nobody gave two shits. Their systems are trash, and they're not able to improve anything because they are incapable of understanding the core issues. Now, it is perfectly fine for you to enjoy a garbage system, i am not the one suffering here, but we don't need to pretend like an inventory full of worthless trash, with stats that improve by 0.7% here and there is actual loot worth having in your inventory. Also kinda funny to me how you defend a system that wastes your time sacrificing garbage lul. You might as well get your ass into Diablo 4, you will be all over its loot.

Come to think of it, they don't even understand how to create exciting loot either. Everything you ever get in their games looks generic and with such tiny stat changes that it might as well rival the Suicide Squad loot system.

But Ethereal loots only appear in NG+2 and above. Abyss grind is real and features floors up to lvl 999. Its a very loot heavy game but to unlock it you got to replay the game few times to get that super sweet loot. Unfortunately.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hardwenzen  Online

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

But Ethereal loots only appear in NG+2 and above. Abyss grind is real and features floors up to lvl 999. Its a very loot heavy game but to unlock it you got to replay the game few times to get that super sweet loot. Unfortunately.

That was added after i already quit the game, and burned out on it so heavily that i couldn't be paid to play it. I am just referring to the base game, you know, the reason you originally paid the $60 for.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sakaiXx

@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:

That was added after i already quit the game, and burned out on it so heavily that i couldn't be paid to play it. I am just referring to the base game, you know, the reason you originally paid the $60 for.

Seems the game ended its lifecycle naturally then as u did everything possible in game before the update and dlc stuff. Really recommends u to play the DLC though it adds a lot of content like new weapons, new gear tier, abyss, and a really good continuation of story (and it can be cheap and frustratingly hard). They fixed the sloth talisman so you can't cheese bosses with it in the DLC, it will definitely give u a good time.

But I finally recall. That boss rush before we fight Nobunaga Oda is so cheap that one I 100% agree with you. that is so asss.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Seems the game ended its lifecycle naturally then as u did everything possible in game before the update and dlc stuff. Really recommends u to play the DLC though it adds a lot of content like new weapons, new gear tier, abyss, and a really good continuation of story (and it can be cheap and frustratingly hard). They fixed the sloth talisman so you can't cheese bosses with it in the DLC, it will definitely give u a good time.

But I finally recall. That boss rush before we fight Nobunaga Oda is so cheap that one I 100% agree with you. that is so asss.

I had Nioh 2, which is essentially a dlc sold to you as a sequel. If that wasn't good enough for me, then the dlc's for the original game will certainly not cut it. Everything is too damn similar in their games. What you've seen in the first five hours, is what you'll be seeing by hour 30 AND the sequels.