Resident EVIL is NOT what it used to be :(.....

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IIISpartan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 IIISpartan007
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

Im sorry i have always been a fan of the RE series but these last 2 RE's in my opinion have strayed to much from the story that made them so popular. ZOMBIES. thats what i miss. I absolutely hate this new Parasite crap. I hate that they can talk to each other and everything about it. it just seems so dam dumb to me. i miss the old days fighting off zombies and conserving ur ammo and bosses that made some sense like nemesis not these overgrown armored whales (RE 5) that are small humans one second then these gigantor things the next. the science behind the genre is annoying me 2. its just not that appealing anymore. idk opinions???

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Series had to evole. Either you accept the evolution or you move on. Complaining is just bothersome however.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
I prefer the older ones, but if your going to make a serious post don't put polls with a joke choice like Chewbacca, because I always pick the joke choice lol.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
I like the newer one because i use to be kinda scared from Zero and such :P i like where Capcom is taking RE but i know the majority of fans want it back to it's routes.
TechGuru89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TechGuru89
Member since 2009 • 478 Posts
Rusted Evil, yes has been very disappointing. I agree it had to evolve someway or another. I thin RE4 was a step in the right direction, but RE5 was a step back for me. Still played them game, but wasn't anything to brag about.
IIISpartan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IIISpartan007
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

Series had to evole. Either you accept the evolution or you move on. Complaining is just bothersome however.ActicEdge

Yes i think the seies had to evolve to but i dont think it evolved in the right direction. these parasite things should have been a whole different genre or game. if they wanted to evolve the franchise then make the zombies more aggresive or do something different with the zombies but not parasites it just feels so weak.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The series has moved on thevillagers in Resident Evil 4are faster than zombies and more intelligent.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

Resident Evil 4 was mostly fine in how much action it had, but I think 5 had a little too much. The new games in the series need some parts that break up the action. I think the game should be a little more suspenseful and tense as well; and make it so that you're actually afraid of your enemies. Resident Evil 4 did this fairly well, but in RE5, I don't feel all that vulnerable.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

really?

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

Well the series had to change and evolve, it couldn't stay like Resident Evil 0 - Resident Evil 3 in terms of gameplay without it becoming stale. People would start complaining that the series isn't doing anything new. However, I do agree that Capcom took the came in the wrong direction. Most long time fans want a survival horror game with plenty of puzzles to solve and a real sense that you're alone in a scary moody atmosphere, not a survival action game that is Resident Evil 5. I played through the demo and I wasnt scared at all... It was a let down.... Though it did have really nice graphics :P

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Another thread on people wanting classic RE?

Really I don't share your pain but you have to let it go. This is starting to get old complaining about the same thing every week or every few days.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 karasill
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Really I don't share your pain but you have to let it go. This is starting to get old complaining about the same thing every week or every few days.

Let people complain, they need to vent. And many of them are different posters so it's not like it's the same 2 people who are making new threads every few days.
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
Zombies were getting redundant, I prefer them to be 'infected'. Instances like RE:CV where the player can actually run around with dual sub-machine guns or RE3 which gives you the opportunity to make ammo and dodge EVERY attack; I don't understand how nobody saw the series going in this direction :|
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts

Series had to evole. Either you accept the evolution or you move on. Complaining is just bothersome however.

ActicEdge
Evolving to the point where its no longer remotely the same thing? Well, that does mean it is no longer RE, so he is correct.
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Synthetic_NinJI
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

flclempire
Evolving to the point where its no longer remotely the same thing? Well, that does mean it is no longer RE, so he is correct.

It is the same thing, just better.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I like both the old and new styles. The series had started to go stale, it needed to move forward or else it would have been left in the dust. RE4 was probably the perfect compromise between old and new. It's funny how you people didn't start coming out of the woodwork until RE5 came out, though I will admit that that game was something of a disappointment.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flclempire

The series has moved on thevillagers in Resident Evil 4are faster than zombies and more intelligent.

chocolate1325
RE6 moves on even more and puts you in command of a mecha! And instead of killing villagers or zombies you are logging! Heck yeah!
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

flclempire

Did I say any different? The fact is it evolved. If you don't like that evolution don't follow the series. However, the whining has to stop. Its over people, deal with it.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flclempire
[QUOTE="flclempire"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Synthetic_NinJI

Just like Tomb Raider and Tetris are the same thing, only 1 is better. right?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

karasill

Let people complain, they need to vent. And many of them are different posters so it's not like it's the same 2 people who are making new threads every few days.

But these types of threads are unoriginal and really boring overall. I don't think SW is the best place to vent anger.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flclempire

ActicEdge

Did I say any different? The fact is it evolved. If you don't like that evolution don't follow the series. However, the whining has to stop. Its over people, deal with it.

Heck yes! We should whine about whiners instead! Its hip, kid.
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 karasill

Synthetic_NinJI

Many people don't agree. That's why we see a lot of these threads. I prefer the older style to be honest. My little sister wont go near Resident Evil 0 or the Resident Evil remake because she says they are too scary. Resident Evil 4 and 5 however she has no problems with and has actually beaten Resident Evil 4three times.....

I dont know about you but something went wrong with the series..... If you prefer action games then you'll love Resident Evil 5, however as a fan of survival HORROR games, I really am not a fan of Resident Evil 5.

Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Synthetic_NinJI
[QUOTE="flclempire"][QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="flclempire"] Evolving to the point where its no longer remotely the same thing? Well, that does mean it is no longer RE, so he is correct.

You are asking me a question when the examples you used are very vague? right :|
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flclempire
[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="flclempire"][QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"] It is the same thing, just better.

You are asking me a question when the examples you used are very vague? right :|

See, you can't even see a connection between those 2 games. When a game becomes something utterly different than its previous titles, its no evolved, its just a different game with the name slapped on.
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Synthetic_NinJI

Many people don't agree.

They don't have to. Before RE4, the series only had 2 AAA out of 15. It was getting lackluster reviews and lukewarm sales, it needed to go into this direction.

That's why we see a lot of these threads

We see these threads because it is System Wars, where people come to gripe.

I prefer the older style to be honest.

Go play the older games. That goes to you and anybody else that doesn't prefer this style

I dont know about you but something went wrong with the series

You are just now came to this realization :| I agree, it started going sour in 90's, with RE3
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="flclempire"] Evolving to the point where its no longer remotely the same thing? Well, that does mean it is no longer RE, so he is correct.flclempire

Heck yes! We should whine about whiners instead! Its hip, kid.

Sorry but, people have been whing since RE 4. Its time to get over it, Seriously :| There would be no whining about the whiners if they would just accept that you can't always have things your way and move on. But no, they can't just let it go and they post thread after thread which rarely contain any piece of decent argument. So really, explain where I'm wrong? The series evolved, you don't like it, stop followwing it, you have that choice. Why clutter the board with the same complaints we've heard since when ever the hell RE 4 was released.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 karasill

Many people don't agree. Synthetic_NinJI

They don't have to. Before RE4, the series only had 2 AAA out of 15. It was getting lackluster reviews and lukewarm sales, it needed to go into this direction.

That's why we see a lot of these threads

We see these threads because it is System Wars, where people come to gripe.

I prefer the older style to be honest.

Go play the older games. That goes to you and anybody else that doesn't prefer this style

I dont know about you but something went wrong with the series

You are just now came to this realization :| I agree, it started going sour in 90's, with RE3

15? Are you joking? Are you counintg all the spin offs and even the terrible Gameboy version? :| It goes like this, Resident evil 0, 1,2,3, CV, then 4 and 5. All other Resident Evils are just spin offs... Every single one of the games I listed off has gotten AA or higher. And last time I checked RE5 is considered to just be a AA quality game by most reviews so Capcoms choice to take Resident Evil into a new direction isnt exactly working as well as they probably have hoped.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Resident Evil "Evolved" if thats what you want to call it, but in doing so lost its identity and is a mere shadow of its former self, but givin it sells better than the old style of RE what did you expect Capcom to do? But after hearing that they are reinventing the series yet again shows that capcom is reacting to the oversaturation of TPS games and know if the next RE is like RE5 was "Seriously the game was almost the same as RE4 with less things to do, even had chainsaw people with sacks on there head for no apparent reason!" That the market would have so many alternatives to choose from the RE series that really doesnt make that amazing of a TPS game compared to whats coming out now and the future would be crushed underfoot. So hopefully they see that the Survival Horror genre they left for dead is still a profitable market.
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Synthetic_NinJI

15? Are you joking? Are you counintg all the spin offs and even the terrible Gameboy version?

It is actually 30+, I stop counting after 27.

It goes like this, Resident evil 0, 1,2,3, CV

The topic is talking about everything before Resident 5, to be specific, before RE4.

Every single one of the games I listed off has gotten AA or higher

CV is only AAA there, they have all gotten 8.9 and below. When they were switched to different platforms and the standards changed because of technical differences between the consoles, they have gotten in some cases below a 6.5.

Resident Evil into a new direction isnt exactly working as well as they probably have hoped.

:lol: You can't actually believe companies care if their game gets a "AAA" :| RE5 is about sell 2 million copies which is more successful than its predecessors. Capcom is very happy.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Miss the old ones, but I like the new ones. If they were to make another, I'd prefer they go back to the originals.
UdderButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UdderButter
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
oh great another one of these topics... well guess what Capcom said they're going to change the series again for RE6. Are you going to be whining again in a few more years that it's different? people just can't accept change...
MGSFan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MGSFan92
Member since 2008 • 1525 Posts
If it went in the RE4 direction, and made a harmonious blend of horror and action, it would have been great, instead we got 90 percent action, and 10 percent Horror, and I honestly, don't like it.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

The series did need a change, but i think capcom changed it a bit too much...

i loved the originals, and I really liked 4 even though it wasnt really RE-ish. i played the demo of 5 and didnt like it (mostly because of the stupid AI). it would have been better if they went to thenew camera angle, but kept everything else like the originals (i think there was an old build of RE4 that was like that)

EDIT: found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_5kwX0LZAc

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

The old ones. The "evolution" of the series was a de-evolution in the survival-horror department. The atmosphere and tension are now gone with the increase in firepower, and the lack of survival elements really turned me off.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Saturos3091

and lukewarm sales, it needed to go into this direction. Synthetic_NinJI
Considering RE4 was the worst selling game in the series before it was brought to Wii...:|

Even then it wasn't the top selling game in the series.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

the old ones are way better. the last two are just so soulless

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts
While I didn't like RE5, the WHOLE point of the resident evil series, is using viruses/parasites to create biological weapons. Now the shambling zombies were actually a failure. Whats the point of having a weapon you can't control? But the t-virus and g-virus worked well with other creatures. Making them fast, bigger, and deadlier. Now "research" improves and they have this parasite where you can use to control people. Works just like the t-virus in creating bio-weapons, but this time the people can use weapons, and communicate to take down a threat. This parasite also works well with creatures and humans, whereby it makes them bigger, faster, deadlier, and more intelligent as well. My guess is that the next RE game would have the parasite and virus working side by side to create some new kind of menace. Some will fail and become zombies, others the ganado/majini, and others the new enemy. Just my thoughts. In my PS3 - SF4, X360 - GoW2, Wii - Absolutely nothing
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Synthetic_NinJI

[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"] and lukewarm sales, it needed to go into this direction. Saturos3091

Considering RE4 was the worst selling game in the series before it was brought to Wii...:|

Between Gamecube and PS2, Re4 sold 3.5 million BEFORE it was brought to wii.

So please, where are you getting this information from :|

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts
Oh and my guess is if Capcom left the zombies, our complaint will be that the series is stale. "How many times are we gonna kill zombies??? We need something new for cripes sake!!!" :-) In my PS3 - SF4, X360 - GoW2, Wii - Absolutely nothing
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
... Loving the old ones has to be a case of dillusional nostalagia.. Sure they had great atmospheres and sequences.. But the game had one of the worse cameras ever in gaming history, and its controls as well as the design was difficult, ambigious.. The game was basically hard and tense for ALL the wrong reasons.. What they should do for 6 is have the mechanics control of RE5.. With way more customization in appearance, weapons, armor.. Make enemies more powerful, ammo far less, health pickups less.. Creat ea scary enviroment.. As well as some creepy music.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
IMO RE5 is the best in the series.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

chocolate1325
They run up to you as quick as can be, then stop and walk slowly.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I hate re4 and 5, I want the old formula back the old formula wasn't bad capcom just wanted money therefor changed the very essence into action game and pretty much butchered the story to appeal to a wider audiance.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

I hate re4 and 5, I want the old formula back the old formula wasn't bad capcom just wanted money therefor changed the very essence into action game and pretty much butchered the story to appeal to a wider audiance.

WilliamRLBaker

Yeah, lacks substance from the old ones.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I like the old ones better, but its completly reasponable why they evolved the series, it would still be stuck with silent hill as just a game for old fans. RE4 was good, i really enjoyed it, not as much as the others but it was good. I am liking RE5, but its just a decent game, they could do much better with it. They havent found a blend of the old and new good enough, also they followed re4's formula to much with re5. They just need to grow a pair and try to mix better stuff into the batch instead of sticking with one forumula.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Saturos3091

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"] and lukewarm sales, it needed to go into this direction. Synthetic_NinJI

Between Gamecube and PS2, Re4 sold 3.5 million BEFORE it was brought to wii.

So please, where are you getting this information from :|

RE1 sold 4 million.
RE2 sold 5 million.
RE3 sold 3.5 million.

That doesn't count some of the ports though, and director's cuts (some of which sold over a million), etc.

Link.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I like old and new. 1,2 and 3 all play the same. RE4 took the series to new levels, thus getting MORE people into playing the series which makes it bigger than it already is. You couldn't expect any big changes in RE5. I played the demo and didn't really like it. But, I'm getting the game(Once EB Games gets a shipment:evil: )nonetheless, I love RE and cannot miss this one. You just have to be thankful Capcom hasn't added anything REALLY bad to the games that would totally ruin the series:)

Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts

Resident EVIL: she ain't what she used to be.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

The 5th one isn't bad at all, but I want the series to return to it's survival-horror orgins.