Request for a Star Citizen (news) sticky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Hey mods, i'd like to request a potential sticky on SW (due to being the most popular forum on the GS) for Star Citizen related info release.

Normally, i wouldn't bother with this for any game, being it kickstater titles such has Pillars of Eternity, Unreal Tournament, or simple upcoming AAA games like Star Wars Battlefront or Batman AK.

However, SC is abit different. It's now at 73M in funding and 5 studios around the world with 300+ staff are working on it. Due to it's extreme focus on community involvement and engagement, CIG releases alot of info in various ways. And i mean alot.

Around the Verse is a weekly web "series" which show all kinds of stuff from the different studios. 10 for the Chairman is a weekly show in which Chris Roberts himself answers 10 questions from the community. There's now a 10 for the Producers and 10 for the Designers just to help out. Large blog "Transmissions" to reveal extremely detailed info on mechanics such has the Mobiglass, mining and much more. And not to meantion to the constant presence in convetions such has all the PAX events, with panels, new footage, etc

Because of this info dump, it's common to have new but unrelated information coming out. In fact, this request comes in light of this same issue in the latest SC thread:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/star-citizen-motion-capture-video-by-imaginarium-s-31875465/#42

The TC was about the new motion capture at Imaginarium Studios, but in the same day, the new mining ship, Orion, was revealed alongside a very large mining transmission. And then, just some time latter, the greybox model in full size of Orion was posted.

Has such, i decided that it was better to post the mining stuff in the Imaginarium thread to not make another one. So new info got fused together.

This isn't the first time such "fusions" of info happened due to the fast release of new content, being it just mechanical explaintions to full new content patches for the already released Arena Commander module.

To avoid all of this, i'd like to make the request for a full sticky so that this constant trickle can be concentrated to one thread, I know it's quite uncommon, but since so many thread tends to pop up, maybe an exception could be made.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Does it even have a release date?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It's kinda different from your usual game in that sense, it will have a 1.0 ... but it has so many "news/updates/previews" due to the nature of their communication that it's creating spam topics here.

I think a stick does not belong....

But a full blown thread should be created... I really can't be bothered because this forum is clinging to life...

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Doesn't belong in SW.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

It doesn't have to be a sticky we can just make a official information thread and add information when something is announced.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's probably a good idea. The PC forum would likely be the 'correct' place for it but SW is really the only forum with life left in it.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Yeah the lack of news posts on these websites and the mind numbing comment sections due to peoples ignorance surrounding the game is pretty bad, a single thread to collect the information would be great.

Problem is deadline how would you stop the trolls from flooding it with crap?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I agree. There is too much info about the game and one thread to discuss everything about it is going to be nice. There is one on GT as well.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

Can't people make a official one right now?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

As long as neckbeards keep throwing money at the devs the release date will keep getting pushed back (it doesn't even have an official release date lol).

My money's on the 2nd half of 2016.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Boddicker said:

As long as neckbeards keep throwing money at the devs the release date will keep getting pushed back (it doesn't even have an official release date lol).

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

2016 is correct if nothing gets delayed..which is what CIG have been stating for ages now

an official thread is what this board needs,but it doesn't have to be sticky

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Boddicker said:

It does not even work like that, the game did initially grow from its original version that was due to be funded by private investors due to the crowdfunding success but the team sizes also saw growth when you do not have a set budget as many crowd funded games don't you have to be able to adapt to changes i income ,this shifted the schedule somewhat but nothing major,they already have a roadmap that was set in stone a while ago its not now affected by an increasing budget,the game is planned up to release then a certain way beyond, its been talked about enough before.

And of course they do not have a proper release date they have a road map and a time frame to complete certain tasks by its not like game dev is an exact science especially when there are 5 seperate teams of 300+ people working on the game and if they did give a release date and missed it they would have people crying about missing it,despite most normal AAA games these days seeing delays, there are already people moaning about how long its taking and it has not even seen 2 years of full scale development yet, despite most AAA games seeing about 4 years yet for some reason its unacceptable because some people can't seem to grasp the fact that the game has been public since its inception due to it's crowdfunded nature whereas normal AAA games get a couple of years dev time before they are shown...how stupid is that?

And the constant criticism of the game earning money, throwing hundreds of millions at a linear been there a thousand times game is fine, but this game getting a budget of 70-100 million for a AAA quality open world persistant universe that will last and be updated for years is them getting too much money.........utter nonsense.

A prime example of why we need an official thread.

I think you should just make one Deadline,plenty of us to keep it updated.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yes, they are planning on releasing all of the modules this year.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Put it on the PC forum so that the people that actually care will be bothered to go there.