REAL Sony fans ....

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I'm very irritated by the front runners and bandwagon gamers who jumped ship and are going by the hype of the 360. It's a joke really! I'm still happy with my PS2 and I'm gearing up to buy a PS3 soon. By years end I guarantee all us real Sony fans will be happy with our nice Blu Ray players and an amazing upcoming series of games to play while all you 360 fans have is Halo 3.
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MuereLoco
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
How can you judge it if you don't have it?
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
Real Sony fans don't like GTA.  Ask my friend.  Real Sony fans don't need a PS3 right now, ask my friend again.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JDW_games
How can you judge it if you don't have it?MuereLoco
How can I judge the 360? Cause I have played one, I am not impressed, and I have watched one of my friends have 2 of them go dead on him.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JDW_games
Real Sony fans don't like GTA.  Ask my friend.  Real Sony fans don't need a PS3 right now, ask my friend again.Grodus5
Did I mention GTA in this post??
terry_tate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 terry_tate
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]How can you judge it if you don't have it?JDW_games
How can I judge the 360? Cause I have played one, I am not impressed, and I have watched one of my friends have 2 of them go dead on him.

I have played a Ps3 extensively.. and I wasn't impressed... but thats fine, its an opinion.

However, to say that all we will have is Halo 3, is ignorance in one of it's simplest forms.

This thread is so weak I'm beginning to think it's flame bait..

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

I agree that that is one reason why the ps3 hasn't picked up yet.  The ps2. The majority of new PS games are coming out on the ps2, like God of War 2. People have no reason to upgrade if all the games they want are coming out on the system they already have.

The 360, however, was a different story.  They abandoned the original Xbox with the launch of the 360, and many were forced to upgrade to keep getting new games.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

I agree that that is one reason why the ps3 hasn't picked up yet. The ps2. The majority of new PS games are coming out on the ps2, like God of War 2. People have no reason to upgrade if all the games they want are coming out on the system they already have.

The 360, however, was a different story. They abandoned the original Xbox with the launch of the 360, and many were forced to upgrade to keep getting new games.

makingmusic476

great point. Something that should be repeated a lot here.  

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Gears Of War , COD2 , DOA4 , Lost Planet (Timed Exclusive ) , PGR so leave them alone...
Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
So wait wait wait, you started crap about PS3, calling 360 a "paper wieght" and you don't even own a PS3? .... People annoy me.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
as a fanboy to a certain point of sony (and this is how all TRUE fanboys should be) i just let all the things from a xbox fanboy go over my head. a true fanboy can trust he has gone with the right system and shouldnt have to work so hard to defend it, cause no matter what you think is good for your system a "fanboy" will be out there to disprove it, even without making sence they will act like the "pwnd" you
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JDW_games
So wait wait wait, you started crap about PS3, calling 360 a "paper wieght" and you don't even own a PS3? .... People annoy me.Deactivation
A friend of mine has one that I play quite a bit, and I am buying one next month.
Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
[QUOTE="Deactivation"]So wait wait wait, you started crap about PS3, calling 360 a "paper wieght" and you don't even own a PS3? .... People annoy me.JDW_games
A friend of mine has one that I play quite a bit, and I am buying one next month.

I just fail to see the logic in you speaking so highly of this console, calling yourself a "true" fan... of a console you don't even own. The "true" Sony fans already own a PS3. Simple as that.
rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

[QUOTE="Deactivation"]So wait wait wait, you started crap about PS3, calling 360 a "paper wieght" and you don't even own a PS3? .... People annoy me.JDW_games

So your basically admitting your a fakeboy?

Avatar image for MrBetterThenYou
MrBetterThenYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrBetterThenYou
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

I have both, I love all genre's of games.  There is little to no difference between the two systems.  My 360 gets more attention due it having more games at the moment.  The PS3 will get some when it's games come out.

If you think that one is better than the other you are sorely mistaken.  They are just systems.  Gamers enjoy games.  Fanboy's enjoy systems.

rogue_leader_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogue_leader_5
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

I'm very irritated by the front runners and bandwagon gamers who jumped ship and are going by the hype of the 360. It's a joke really! I'm still happy with my PS2 and I'm gearing up to buy a PS3 soon. By years end I guarantee all us real Sony fans will be happy with our nice Blu Ray players and an amazing upcoming series of games to play while all you 360 fans have is Halo 3. JDW_games

I wish I could buy both the 360 and PS3....both have cool features/games.  I agree I still have my PS2 and play it alot.  Halo though is a great series.  Best Xbox Live game.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
I'm diehard about the PSP. But I'm more of a hermit than anything.
rikkustrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rikkustrife
Member since 2006 • 1174 Posts

I am a "true" Sony fan, not fanboy, and I still don't have a PS3, or PSP, but I will be getting both. A PS3 is just too expensive for someone who is going to college. Plus the PS2 still had enough new games that came out in 06/07 and some that I haven't gotten yet to last me another year or more, since they are mostly RPGs which take me a month to finish. And the PSP's lineup wasn't looking that great but now with all the new annouced titles it appeals to me more than the DS. I do pla non getting a Xbox360,wii, and Ds, but the PSP and PS3 are the ones I want the most.

Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts

Or Sony fans look back at their PS2s with happy faces and wonder how Sony could have gone from making an extremely good console to making such a piece of crap.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]How can you judge it if you don't have it?JDW_games

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6128136/p-18.html

Fanboy Mantra #13
Playing a game on a different console for ten minutes at a friend's house qualifies you as an expert on that game and console.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]How can you judge it if you don't have it?Yellow_Rose

Fanboy Mantra #13
Playing a game on a different console for ten minutes at a friend's house qualifies you as an expert on that game and console.

Yellow Rose, will you be my valentine? 

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]How can you judge it if you don't have it?shungokustasu

Fanboy Mantra #13

You are literally 3 months too late.

My new husband is my forever valentine ;)

Blind0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blind0825
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

I'm very irritated by the front runners and bandwagon gamers who jumped ship and are going by the hype of the 360. It's a joke really! I'm still happy with my PS2 and I'm gearing up to buy a PS3 soon. By years end I guarantee all us real Sony fans will be happy with our nice Blu Ray players and an amazing upcoming series of games to play while all you 360 fans have is Halo 3. JDW_games

hmmm, ok man, all we have is halo 3, sure buddy.  I'm really pissed that I bought all those games for it that I actually enjoy playing....where did I go wrong?

/sarcasm

rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rappid_rabbit
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="MuereLoco"]How can you judge it if you don't have it?Yellow_Rose

Fanboy Mantra #13

I like "new husand"

what happened to the old one? 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu

Yellow_Rose

Every good marriage need a mistress... Even your husband knows that. 

rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rappid_rabbit
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

shungokustasu

"New husband" reminded me of Family Guy, when Peter literally throws away his new mormon wives because Mormons are not allowed to drink.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Yellow_Rose
[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

shungokustasu

If ever he even thinks about it, I just simply show him my family picture of me, my dad and my two older brothers holding hunting rifles. ;)

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"]

Yellow_Rose

If ever he even thinks about it, I just simply show him my family picture of me, my dad and my two older brothers holding hunting rifles. ;)

...scary...I'll just stick to the girl I have now...the iranet is crazy...

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
All i read on this board it utter garbage. Halo3 the only game? wow open your eyes buddy.
Baller_ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Baller_ps3
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
ur totally rite. we ballas no what we doin!
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

and Bioshock, and Forza 2, and Mass Effect, and Lost Oddysey, and Gears of War, and Gears of War 2, and Dead Rising, do you want me to continue the ownage?:) 

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

A real sony fan would've purchased the PS3, knowing that sony will pull through and the faster it reaches critical mass, the better for sony gamers.

oh, right. 

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JDW_games
[QUOTE="JDW_games"][QUOTE="Deactivation"]So wait wait wait, you started crap about PS3, calling 360 a "paper wieght" and you don't even own a PS3? .... People annoy me.Deactivation

I just fail to see the logic in you speaking so highly of this console, calling yourself a "true" fan... of a console you don't even own. The "true" Sony fans already own a PS3. Simple as that.

Well, you can quit arguing with me now. I got my PS3!! :) YES, YES, and YES it is way better than the 360. I also still have my PS2 and still love it, and I plan on getting a PSP later in the year to top off my collection of systems.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
So let me get this straight, By years end you will be happy to have a BD player while 360 gamers have to suffer with Halo 3? Nice arguement.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JDW_games
[QUOTE="JDW_games"]I'm very irritated by the front runners and bandwagon gamers who jumped ship and are going by the hype of the 360. It's a joke really! I'm still happy with my PS2 and I'm gearing up to buy a PS3 soon. By years end I guarantee all us real Sony fans will be happy with our nice Blu Ray players and an amazing upcoming series of games to play while all you 360 fans have is Halo 3. Riverwolf007
So let me get this straight, By years end you will be happy to have a BD player while 360 gamers have to suffer with Halo 3? Nice arguement.

My point is that the PS3 has a MUCH better lineup of original games coming. Sony is the better developer and since both systems have multi platform titles, I am much happier with the PS3 because of games like Metal Gear Solid, God Of War, Lair, and Drake's Fortune.
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts

ya, the PS triple is Ballin'

whoever don't believe it should watch that chad warden video again.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JDW_games

Game13a13y
Finally! Someone with good taste in gaming :) Sony and Nintendo baby!
Game13a13y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Game13a13y
Member since 2004 • 2860 Posts
[QUOTE="Game13a13y"]

JDW_games

Finally! Someone with good taste in gaming :) Sony and Nintendo baby!

yeah, ABAP babeh, ABAP !

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Sure... all the 360 has is Halo 3. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better pal. Whatever gets you through your day 

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
meh i say stick with last gen consoles... dreamcast.ps2.gamecube.............................xbox
menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 menmau
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
Master System blows Ps3, so there is no point!
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

What if gamers are NOT fanboys, and get the BEST there is for their gaming needs ?

Would not that be 360,with Halo 3, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, Too Human, Overlord, Elveon, Two Worlds, Flatout Carnage etc ALL this year ?

Why would anyone that values gaming beyond its tiny idiotic fanboy issues, buy a PS3 with DOUBLE the price, and only Lair, Heavely Sword and R&C coming only this year as exclusives ? ANd with ALL those games having LAUGHABLE LOW RESOLUTION textures and shaders comparing to a launch 360 game, Kameo, definatly would not get a PS3 for its graphics either

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

What if gamers are NOT fanboys, and get the BEST there is for their gaming needs ?

greg_splicer

Sadly, you are not that gamer.

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

smokeydabear076

And how do you know ? Are you 100% sure that if PS3 would ever get a game looking like Fable 2 or Mass Effect or Lost ODyssey or Bioshock i would not buy one the moment those were released ?

Are you 100% sure i will not get a PS3 when FF13 is definatly confirmed not for 360 and the game is out ?

How are you so sure, when i have ALL console bar PS3 ? And when i say ALL i mean ALL, bar PS1 that i sold, since i could play all games on my PS2

What i am mostly mad about with PS3 is that had the nerve to make a 600$ console, with no FF13 in 2007 in US, garabge graphics comparing to the vastly better in textures/shaders 360, and in general make that disastewr in all areas called PS3 a huge gaming failure, just to promote ... the god damn BLUE RAY crap

Am i clear ? IF PS3 released without blue ray CRAP, and had a 8600GT inside, ans 1GB ram, i would pay up to 700$ to get my hands on it, and play Crysis in it too !!!

Now, why the HELL PS3 is what it is, is beyond me, do not expect me to buy one for no GOOD reason though, and stop bashing it for what it is, a machine that SHOULD not in any way cost 600$ but 400$ max

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

greg_splicer

And how do you know ? Are you 100% sure that if PS3 would ever get a game looking like Fable 2 or Mass Effect or Lost ODyssey or Bioshock i would not buy one the moment those were released ?

Are you 100% sure i will not get a PS3 when FF13 is definatly confirmed not for 360 and the game is out ?

How are you so sure, when i have ALL console bar PS3 ? And when i say ALL i mean ALL, bar PS1 that i sold, since i could play all games on my PS2

What i am mostly mad about with PS3 is that had the nerve to make a 600$ console, with no FF13 in 2007 in US, garabge graphics comparing to the vastly better in textures/shaders 360, and in general make that disastewr in all areas called PS3 a huge gaming failure, just to promote ... the god damn BLUE RAY crap

Am i clear ? IF PS3 released without blue ray CRAP, and had a 8600GT inside, ans 1GB ram, i would pay up to 700$ to get my hands on it, and play Crysis in it too !!!

Now, why the HELL PS3 is what it is, is beyond me, do not expect me to buy one for no GOOD reason though, and stop bashing it for what it is, a machine that SHOULD not in any way cost 600$ but 400$ max

Wow you do seem to be upset over this. You should settle down a little. I am however 100% sure you are a console fanboy though.
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts
Once those great games come out let me know about it, ad saying that the 360 has only HALO3 is wrong, there are other great games for the system, not every 360 fan is excited about it some might be interested in others.
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

smokeydabear076

Wow you do seem to be upset over this. You should settle down a little. I am however 100% sure you are a console fanboy though.

Wrong again, i am "get what has the best price/games ratio available" with an emphasis in game, that is all. Eventually i plan to get a PS3 in 400$, BUT now that is 600$ i will have to wait for either a price drop OR FF13 is out, and i plan on a pc in late 2008, with the best of DX10 card and play Crysis in 200fps, and ALL games coming to pc, the ones that will CLEARLY look vastly better than what 360 does NOW, unlike games like Bioshock, Alan Wake etc that the 360 version will look about same with PC

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

greg_splicer

Wrong again, i am "get what has the best price/games ratio available" with an emphasis in game, that is all. Eventually i plan to get a PS3 in 400$, BUT now that is 600$ i will have to wait for either a price drop OR FF13 is out, and i plan on a pc in late 2008, with the best of DX10 card and play Crysis in 200fps, and ALL games coming to pc, the ones that will CLEARLY look vastly better than what 360 does NOW, unlike games like Bioshock, Alan Wake etc that the 360 version will look about same with PC

Then why did you troll on the PC forums and post in the thread with all of the 2007 games listed and saying that all of those games suck and posting a list of console games that are "better"?
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 greg_splicer
[QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="greg_splicer"]

smokeydabear076

Then why did you troll on the PC forums and post in the thread with all of the 2007 games listed and saying that all of those games suck and posting a list of console games that are "better"?

That is EXACTLY why i will not get a pc now, because console games NOW, look FAAAAAAR more impressive than all those mediocre looking pc games listed, bar Crysis and maybe Dragon Age, those are the only pc games to stand out for now, in 2008-2009 though, that DX10 will become common case, and games will surpass Alan Wake, Fable 2 visuals by far, THEN and only then a PC will be a must have

Is that enough for my motives for now ? I will not just move to DX10 for ... Crysis, if it was 3-4 RPG's with such graphics though, i would have a PC in an instant

BTW the PC forum trolling was not intented, i was linked to that thread by a ssystem wars one, and thought i was still in system wars, clear now ?

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

People don't quite have money yet, real sony fans will get a PS3 in time. You can't expect everyone to have 600 dollars lying around.

I think a real sony fan now can say PS3 doesn't suck, but they just don't need it right now. The PS2 still is trucking and providing quality games.