Reach one of the top five best looking games on the consoles...(56K)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gsgdvcbsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 gsgdvcbsa
Member since 2005 • 2094 Posts

I see a lot of people are bashing Reach for having graphics that are barely better than H3 but in reality they are actually extremely good. The game is only in beta and already looks as good as KZ2...if not better. Also considering the Sand box scale of the single player this game is a very strong contendor to graphics king of 2010.

Snipergif.gif picture by Siddhu33

gif3.gif picture by Siddhu33

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Only my opinion, but GOW3, UC2, KZ2, MLB the Show, and Far Cry 2 all look beter than the current build of Halo Reach.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
The impressive thing about it really is is that part that it's Halo A series that has usually had great draw distances and a nice sense of scale for the most part. Halo Reach will be technically impressive one way or another. Not god tier or a true titan of an achievement. But an impressive one.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonetheless
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

The impressive thing about it really is is that part that it's Halo A series that has usually had great draw distances and a nice sense of scale for the most part. Halo Reach will be technically impressive one way or another. Not god tier or a true titan of an achievement. But an impressive one. jg4xchamp
My thoughts exactly.

I will try to get gifs from gifsoup :P ...

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonethelessDiviniuz
Surprisingly, the TC never said "Graphics King". He said "contender" maybe but not directly graphics king.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

Only my opinion, but GOW3, UC2, KZ2, MLB the Show, and Far Cry 2 all look beter than the current build of Halo Reach.i5750at4Ghz

Far Cry 2 and MLB: NO...KZ2: barely, also it's very linear...same with GoW3.

tamabeast04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tamabeast04
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

i think the fact that the premise of the game is so familiar, that people only see the game as yet another incremental increase in overall graphics. I personally don't see a huge jump at all, particularly compared to killzone. Killzone had the whole environment, everything was chaotic, physics were crazy, sound was uncompressed and awesome, textures were spot on... it was just a great game all around (yeah, im biased a tad). halo just strikes me of more of the same just like how kz3 will just be a little bit more polished version of kz2

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
hmm, reminds me of splinter cell and alan wake hype.
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts

dude... ME2 looks better than this and espeically GeOW2

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
Its odd that the 360's best looking games have open environments, whereas the PS3 lookers are enclosed to corridors. I wont comment on Halo Reach other than to say that the multiplayer looks incredible and a vast improvement over the previous games.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonethelessSpiritOfFire117
Surprisingly, the TC never said "Graphics King".

I assume the top 5 best looking games are all contenders for graphic king, if its FAR from graphics king then I wouldn't put in the best 5 looking games on the consoles

That being said Halo Reach > Killzone 2 in essentially everything else, Killzone 2 has to be one of my biggest disappointments this generation. One thing bungie knows how to do better than everyone else is make an addicting shooter

tamabeast04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tamabeast04
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonethelessSpiritOfFire117

uhh, re-read the post then? says it clearly up there...

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

Yes, post some 720p screens, not these mini gifs.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]hmm, reminds me of splinter cell and alan wake hype.

Nice try, you can see these are screencapped from a badly encoded video, looks are the obvious signs of compression. Also, videogamer.de strikes again with another set of images (where I suspect these are from) that look worse than the game actually does; blurred out and washed out. They did the same with Alan Wake recently, as you mentioned. I hope this clears that up.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonethelesstamabeast04

Then he said "contender'.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

It looks pretty average in my opinion, Mass Effect 2 destroys it graphically.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]Only my opinion, but GOW3, UC2, KZ2, MLB the Show, and Far Cry 2 all look beter than the current build of Halo Reach.BURSTIIIFIRE

while halo may have open environments. Don't kid yourself in thinking it's not linear. No halo game has honestly been truly open. Even ODST was only open for the rookie sections in new mumbasa the hub world. But the true missions(flash backs) were all linear. So the linear excuse on KZ2/God of War 3 isn't going to work very well. Scale and Draw Distance you can make that comment, but a complaint about linearity? well that'll be foolish.
BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BURSTIIIFIRE

dude... ME2 looks better than this and espeically GeOW2

KevinButlerVP

look at the last gif...and tell me that again.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

No he just said, "as good as Killzone2, if not better", which for one thing is just plain wrong, but also implies it has the best graphics on consoles. On top of that, Killzone 2 is pretty old now, so quit 'reaching'.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Halo Reach is far from graphic king, but the game has amazing art direction and animations nonethelesstamabeast04

Graphics King of 2010.

But I digress, Reach definitely looks good, especially for the scale. I've never been the biggest Halo fan, but I'm starting to get more and more interested.

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts
Its odd that the 360's best looking games have open environments, whereas the PS3 lookers are enclosed to corridors. I wont comment on Halo Reach other than to say that the multiplayer looks incredible and a vast improvement over the previous games.KittenWishes
UC2 and GOW3 are closed corridor now? thats news to me
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KevinButlerVP

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]Only my opinion, but GOW3, UC2, KZ2, MLB the Show, and Far Cry 2 all look beter than the current build of Halo Reach.BURSTIIIFIRE

yeah, I hear this lots. well X game is linear so Y game is better. Take Demon's Souls for example, very non-linear game with good graphics and atmosphere. btw, I'm sure HR will have like a 3 hour campaign and be linear so myah, unless bungie says other wise
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

I actually really like the art direction / level design in this game, but it's far from being the console graphic king..

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

I must need glasses cause gears 2 looks better than reach imo and KZ2 owns gears 2.

General909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 General909
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]hmm, reminds me of splinter cell and alan wake hype.

Looks better to me.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

lol just no. not in the top 5 at all. prolly top 10, but not top 5. there are better-looking games out there in consoles. GoW3, UC2, KZ2, Heavy Rain, Far Cry 2. just 'cause it's colourful with all thos lasers and stuff doesn't mean it's that good.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]Only my opinion, but GOW3, UC2, KZ2, MLB the Show, and Far Cry 2 all look beter than the current build of Halo Reach.KevinButlerVP

yeah, I hear this lots. well X game is linear so Y game is better. Take Demon's Souls for example, very non-linear game with good graphics and atmosphere. btw, I'm sure HR will have like a 3 hour campaign and be linear so myah, unless bungie says other wise

lol...just goes to show how much you actually know. In the first vidoc they said that the game will be a sand-box game.

brianBeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brianBeezy
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

:? and yet I always see people say "Halo has never been about graphics." when others mention/show other games that look better.

And did I hear you right when you said the current beta build of Halo Reach looks better than Killzone 2? :shock:

1Stark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1Stark1
Member since 2010 • 688 Posts
Its gonna be a good game, but graphically, its not even in the top 20. Not much difference from Halo 3. You do better hyping Alan Wake
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Hey!

That's my Sig up there!

I feel famous....

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

Alan wake is the only contender this year(even at 540p, most previewers have noted its excellent graphics and haven't noticed.)

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BURSTIIIFIRE

Its gonna be a good game, but graphically, its not even in the top 20. Not much difference from Halo 3. You do better hyping Alan Wake1Stark1

yeah....NO.

look at this gif agian:

Snipergif.gif picture by Siddhu33

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpiritOfFire117

Its gonna be a good game, but graphically, its not even in the top 20. Not much difference from Halo 3. You do better hyping Alan Wake1Stark1
Not much?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I would rather wait to see more single player footage before making that claim, I wouldn't rely on beta gifs either.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Yeah but it's on that weaker system :lol: so c'mon, as long as the gun play is fun and it runs at at least 480P is pretty dang impressive for the underpowered 360.

Just Sayin..

:twisted:

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KevinButlerVP
[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"][QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

lol...just goes to show how much you actually know. In the first vidoc they said that the game will be a sand-box game.

correction, more than likely a 3 hour sandbox game. going off their previous games, of course
Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

Demon's Souls for example, very non-linear game with good graphics and atmosphere. btw, I'm sure HR will have like a 3 hour campaign and be linear so myah, unless bungie says other wiseKevinButlerVP

Uhm... Demon Souls is very linear, lol. You just get to choose the the levels you want to do first. All the levels have you pretty much following a narrow path, with the ocassional fork, leading straight to the demon.

I think there was 1 or two sections that actually was pretty open, and not a corridor crawl. And the graphics were pretty much garbage.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Alan wake is the only contender this year(even at 540p, most previewers have noted its excellent graphics and haven't noticed.)

MC3887
Alan Wake along GOW3 and Heavy Rain. Maybe ME2 gets a honorable mention. Crysis 2 will take all the awards though :P
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Halo has never been about graphics to me personally, it's been about the fun factor and immersing yourself in the Halo universe.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="brianBeezy"]

:? and yet I always see people say "Halo has never been about graphics." when others mention/show other games that look better.

And did I hear you right when you said the current beta build of Halo Reach looks better than Killzone 2? :shock:

that would be because opinions vary widely.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
No its not, it isn't released yet, plus use some full sized pic not small gifs.
BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"] yeah, I hear this lots. well X game is linear so Y game is better. Take Demon's Souls for example, very non-linear game with good graphics and atmosphere. btw, I'm sure HR will have like a 3 hour campaign and be linear so myah, unless bungie says other wiseKevinButlerVP

correction, more than likely a 3 hour sandbox game. going off their previous games, of course

Come on dude...do you have to be such a big fanboy? A 3 hour game...really? Do you actually think that's true?

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"] yeah, I hear this lots. well X game is linear so Y game is better. Take Demon's Souls for example, very non-linear game with good graphics and atmosphere. btw, I'm sure HR will have like a 3 hour campaign and be linear so myah, unless bungie says other wiseKevinButlerVP

Wait, how the hell do you know that Reach is going to be 3 hours long? ;?

Ninja-Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ninja-Bear
Member since 2010 • 1028 Posts
Considering its on a scale infinitely better than stuff like Killzone 2 i think it looks amazing.
MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

[QUOTE="MC3887"]

kuraimen

Alan Wake along GOW3 and Heavy Rain. Maybe ME2 gets a honorable mention. Crysis 2 will take all the awards though :P

IMO Reach=ME2. I forgot about GOW3 lol, heavy rain? Not so much.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Uncharted 2 , Killzone 2 , God of War 3 , Resident Evil 5 , Gears of War 2 all look way better I could list other games but as the game isn't released yet and they aren't THAT better I will hold my breath.

Just stop it Halo isn't about graphics , this one looks much better than halo 3?Yes it does but then again halo 3 looked like trash.The only difference is that halo graphics won't be laughable anymore.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
I think it's the best looking FPS on consoles tied with Killzone 2. They both have their pros and cons, but are technical beasts in their own rights. Killzone 2 is very linear and has some pretty bad textures while Reach is on a MUCH larger scale in terms of environments.