RE5 is going in a great direction

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D1gitalDiv1de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D1gitalDiv1de
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts

I know a lot of people want the style and pacing of the first three games, and a lot of people never played RE4 since it was on gamecube; but seriously people there is no denying that the franchise has grown up and is still amazing. I have played almost every RE title and I will admit that I love the "survival horror" versions just as much as RE4 and 5, but to say the series has gone south is totally crazy. It looks amazing now, and the speed is JUST as fast as the survival horror iterations, minus all the exploring and back tracking and puzzle solving yes. I am just confused as to why people are sh**ing so much on this latest release. it's not like we didn't know that RE5 was going to be a better version of RE4. Plus Capcom recieved HUGE praise for RE4 (and if you have not played it I suggest you do) so why wouldn't they want to expand on that praise?

What would you want to change about the series now, and what could Capcom do in RE6 to "fix" the franchise if it doesn't suit your tastes?

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
What I really miss is the horror, the suspense, and the zombies. :cry:
YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I agree, this series had gotten old by the time CV hit, it needed the revamp.

But yes, i do miss the zombies, Las Plagas are just not the same.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

I loved RE4....BTW it was the only one that I enjoyed, or finished. I'm really thinking about getting it...I have two days off and I will get a few gaming hours in. Still have yet to finish too many games though. Killzone 2 will probably win out...I'll eventually get it though. Looks nice.

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts

all they need to do is make it scary, and it will be great

and maybe add walk and shoot

black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
I loved RE5, it was my favourite one (I almost never play video games by myself anymore, so CO-op for me was very welcomed) but I can see why people don't like it, old fans may not like the new direction it has taken (I'm all for change, as long as it is fun) and newcomers may not like the control scheme (admittedly, if they had doubled the majini, and allowed you to move, it would have been just as difficult, so this is a valid criticism, although I thought the archaic control scheme added soemthing different to the game)
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

What I want is a Survival-Horror RE, not a TPS RE. The current engine but with less ammo would be ok for me. The return of some puzzles here and there. Oh and Zombies.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I miss the suspenseful nature of old school RE's, RE2 and RE: CV to be exact.... but RE5 is just so awesome, I don't care very much. I hated 4 due to piss poor controls..... I stopped playing altogether half way through the game, I found it absolutely ridiculous that a special agent couldnt take a step to the side. Thank you Capcom for giving us better controls.... imo they are perfect now..... I don't want to be able to run and shoot, cuz well then it would no longer be survival horror, but instead another TPS.

Anyways, I'm rambling, in short, I love RE5.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
AK-74's thats why every one is ****ing there paints about this one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

I agree, this series had gotten old by the time CV hit, it needed the revamp.

But yes, i do miss the zombies, Las Plagas are just not the same.

YankeeDan345
I want a mixture of both in the game
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#12 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

RE5 was definetly not the same caliber of RE4 and Dead Space which are incredible horror games.

GTR_FX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR_FX
Member since 2009 • 1121 Posts
AK-74's thats why every one is ****ing there paints about this one SAGE_OF_FIRE
umm other RE 1,0, and 3 had machine guns, garnade launchers, and rockets
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I personally never played RE4, though I played RE2 and Code: Veronica and I can't say I have too many complaints about the direction the series has taken. It is still incredible fun and full of suspense. (much much better than Dead Space too)

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

[QUOTE="GTR_FX"]

Wow you really don't know about the creation of video games do you...

your 1st and 2nd comments COMPLETELY contradict each other.

You want them to make it more scary, and add walk + shoot, even though that option would make it even less scary. Thank God you're not a developer

It seemed to work in Dead Space so you just contradicted yourself buddy.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
not really, and im comparing it directly to RE4 not the original RE's, becuase they are their own series and style but i feel like capcom forcing you to have to play with an actual person in order to get the best experience or else you're just stuck with an annoying, kill stealing, ammo wasting having to babysit A.I, pretty much the main beef i have with this game, the whole co-op scheme if they want to "fix" RE6, atleast just make it SINGLE player mode
alber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 alber
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
I think RE5 is great ! I played the coop this afternoon and wow.. very exciting
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Yeah it went from a AAA GOTY award winner to a AA action adventure game with tacked on co op and terrible controls. Yeah its deff going in the right direction :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Lack of improvement on the control scheme = fail. Sacrificing SP quality for multiplayer = fail. I bet it is still awesome, but it looks like an downgrade from RE4.
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 efrucht
Member since 2008 • 1596 Posts

I played through a good amount of the main campaign with a friend. After about half way we just put down our controllers and walked away. This game is not fun, it's just frustrating and annoying. The co-op is so/so and the actual game is painfully repetitive. Resident evil 4 got away with it because at the time it was novel and interesting, but RE5 is like resident evil 4 being repackaged and sold again. Little to no evolution of the series.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KamikazeDonut
not really, and im comparing it directly to RE4 not the original RE's, becuase they are their own series and style but i feel like capcom forcing you to have to play with an actual person in order to get the best experience or else you're just stuck with an annoying, kill stealing, ammo wasting having to babysit A.I, pretty much the main beef i have with this game, the whole co-op scheme if they want to "fix" RE6, atleast just make it SINGLE player modekidcool189
I agree that was my biggest problem with the game as well.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Lack of improvement on the control scheme = fail. Sacrificing SP quality for multiplayer = fail. I bet it is still awesome, but it looks like an downgrade from RE4.

As a huge RE fan the game delivered on all fronts, it was well paced, and yes while it lacked the atmosphere it's predecessors had, it makes up for it in great gameplay and A great co-op mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]AK-74's thats why every one is ****ing there paints about this one GTR_FX
umm other RE 1,0, and 3 had machine guns, garnade launchers, and rockets

get to chapter 5-1 then we will talk
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

RE4 and RE5 are, without a doubt,great games. but they are HORRIBLE Resident Evil games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"]Lack of improvement on the control scheme = fail. Sacrificing SP quality for multiplayer = fail. I bet it is still awesome, but it looks like an downgrade from RE4.Animal-Mother
As a huge RE fan the game delivered on all fronts, it was well paced, and yes while it lacked the atmosphere it's predecessors had, it makes up for it in great gameplay and A great co-op mode

I actually couldn't care less about the atmosphere. But, not "walk-and-shoot"? Not instant "use"command for items? Pitiful inventory system? Dead Space already showed how to do right all those aspecs, why couldn't Capcom do it?
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 efrucht
Member since 2008 • 1596 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="IronBass"]Lack of improvement on the control scheme = fail. Sacrificing SP quality for multiplayer = fail. I bet it is still awesome, but it looks like an downgrade from RE4.IronBass

I actually couldn't care less about the atmosphere. But, not "walk-and-shoot"? Not instant "use"command for items? Pitiful inventory system? Dead Space already showed how to do right all those aspecs, why couldn't Capcom do it?

So true. RE just isn't as impressive post dead space.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] As a huge RE fan the game delivered on all fronts, it was well paced, and yes while it lacked the atmosphere it's predecessors had, it makes up for it in great gameplay and A great co-op modeefrucht

sorry you guys dont like it honestly I loved, I know i cant change your minds and argue
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="IronBass"]Lack of improvement on the control scheme = fail. Sacrificing SP quality for multiplayer = fail. I bet it is still awesome, but it looks like an downgrade from RE4.IronBass

Because capcom thinks they can sell there "Meh" games by blinding people with Brand name alone while hiding the fact that its a step backwards in the series (RE5, SF4,DMC4)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63f6895020e66
So true. RE just isn't as impressive post dead space.efrucht
I agree with this. Funnily enough, my tow biggest complaints about this game have their own name: Sheva and Dead Space. Dead Space seemed to do everything right, so I can't understand the little mistakes of RE5. And, if they wanted to add co-op is fine by me, but why did they need to affect the SP mode?
Ciocio3I3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ciocio3I3
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts
i agree, contagious mutants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mythical zombies
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="efrucht"][QUOTE="IronBass"] I actually couldn't care less about the atmosphere. But, not "walk-and-shoot"? Not instant "use"command for items? Pitiful inventory system? Dead Space already showed how to do right all those aspecs, why couldn't Capcom do it?Animal-Mother

sorry you guys dont like it honestly I loved, I know i cant change your minds and argue

I love RE too and im a huge fan. Been one since PS1 ugly box days. While RE5 is fun to play its just to much a action TPS and wayyyyy less Survival horror. For god sakes they have a cover system WHY!! IM going to play RE5 over and over again cause its still a fun game,but this feels to much like an action TPS with RE paint all over it. Like iv said million times before I feel they didint change controls becuase they wanted to say "hey we are still RE see". If your going full action TPS capcom you might as well go all out.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I know a lot of people want the style and pacing of the first three games, and a lot of people never played RE4 since it was on gamecube;

D1gitalDiv1de

You do realize RE4 was also on the PS2, right...

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="efrucht"] So true. RE just isn't as impressive post dead space.IronBass
I agree with this. Funnily enough, my tow biggest complaints about this game have their own name: Sheva and Dead Space. Dead Space seemed to do everything right, so I can't understand the little mistakes of RE5. And, if they wanted to add co-op is fine by me, but why did they need to affect the SP mode?

It would have been better had they added that to the mercenaries mode instead.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

i agree, contagious mutants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mythical zombiesCiocio3I3

Umm to become zombies you have to be infected making it contagious not mythical.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KamikazeDonut

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="efrucht"] So true. RE just isn't as impressive post dead space.finalfantasy94

I love RE too and im a huge fan. Been one since PS1 ugly box days. While RE5 is fun to play its just to much a action TPS and wayyyyy less Survival horror. For god sakes they have a cover system WHY!! IM going to play RE5 over and over again cause its still a fun game,but this feels to much like an action TPS with RE paint all over it. Like iv said million times before I feel they didint change controls becuase they wanted to say "hey we are still RE see". If your going full action TPS capcom you might as well go all out.

Exactly.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

[QUOTE="GTR_FX"]

KamikazeDonut

You want them to make it more scary, and add walk + shoot, even though that option would make it even less scary. Thank God you're not a developer

Except that Dead Space wasn't scary...

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gh0st_Of_0nyx

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"][QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

BioShockOwnz

You know thats your opinion right ? You have been saying the same "dead space (re4) isnt scary" sentence since the re5 hype thread. Give it a rest already.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Add a run and gun option!
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Yeah it went from a AAA GOTY award winner to a AA action adventure game with tacked on co op and terrible controls. Yeah its deff going in the right direction :roll:

I...don't think you can call the coop "tacked on". Can't comment about controls, haven't really played it.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#41 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"] It seemed to work in Dead Space so you just contradicted yourself buddy.Gh0st_Of_0nyx

You know thats your opinion right ? You have been saying the same "dead space (re4) isnt scary" sentence since the re5 hype thread. Give it a rest already.

Its his opinion, he is allowed to voice it when ever he wants.
And i fully agree, while Dead Space was a godo game, it wasnt scary at all IMO.

Why get so worked up about someone else's opinion?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Yeah it went from a AAA GOTY award winner to a AA action adventure game with tacked on co op and terrible controls. Yeah its deff going in the right direction :roll:

I...don't think you can call the coop "tacked on". Can't comment about controls, haven't really played it.

ya it was one game that got AAA, it was always a AA series
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"][QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

Well that's a matter of opinion, at least Dead Space gave you a creppy atmosphere and enemies and guess what it still managed to allow you to move while shooting. Yes, the scripted scenes are'nt scary but the unscripted stuff scares the crap out of ya.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i like re5 but it just reminds me of 4 to much. there are parts where i just see 4 in the game. i do like i just wish there was more puzzles to the game. so far the only puzzle that i had was collect the shaman stone thing.
Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts
Amen Brotha !!! TESTIFY !!!!!!! I want more action more killing , more amazing graphics, more great boss fights, more RE like RE4 and not like RE1-3
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

After playing for a few hours, they honestly need to reconsider this so called "direction." I've been playing on normal and I have to say the co-op idea feels tacked on. The dialogue is absolutely laughable and the story lacks any emotion imo. I love the game's graphics, gore, and action but it isn't Resident Evil anymore. I liked Resident Evil 4, but this one seems to be too action packed to even be considered survival horror. I need more suspense and horror in a resident evil game, and this one quite frankly has none in it. It's hilarious how stupid plot is in this one.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CleanPlayer
i like re5 but it just reminds me of 4 to much. there are parts where i just see 4 in the game. i do like i just wish there was more puzzles to the game. so far the only puzzle that i had was collect the shaman stone thing. iam2green
Yea, Resident Evil 4 had a lot of puzzles like that. I was annoyed by that shaman stone thing. I mean how the hell could people live on that lake with crocidiles everywhere?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

I think they need to revamp the revamp a little. Dead Space managed to nail the 3rd person survival horror... now let's move some of that into Resident Evil and we've got it down IMO

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CleanPlayer

I think they need to revamp the revamp a little. Dead Space managed to nail the 3rd person survival horror... now let's move some of that into Resident Evil and we've got it down IMO

lundy86_4
A resident evil in space would be sweet, except it would be a complete ripoff of Dead Space. I want resident evil to go back to Racoon City.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

CleanPlayer

A resident evil in space would be sweet, except it would be a complete ripoff of Dead Space. I want resident evil to go back to Racoon City.

lol well I didn't mean space, but why not (everything seems possible in RE)... The only problem is that Racoon City was destroyed. I'm thinking they need to have an uber huge research facility... they're always so awesome to explore