RDR 2 on PC has screenshots

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@ezekiel43: Then don't buy a PS? Stick with Nintendos endless rehashes ( which admittedly I enjoy) or keep playing your shitty builder sims and endless microtransaction riddled free to play games on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@ezekiel43: Then don't buy a PS? Stick with Nintendos endless rehashes ( which admittedly I enjoy) or keep playing your shitty builder sims and endless microtransaction riddled free to play games on PC.

Actually, I mainly play multiplatform games on my PC, which is true for a lot of PC gamers, silly. PlayStation is only as good as its exclusives. Why get a multiplatform game on a console when the PC version has better visuals and, often, better controls? I might get a multiplatform game on my Switch, though, if it's ideal for portability and short sessions, like Rayman Legends.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 R-Gamer

@ezekiel43: For the genres I enjoy the PC doesn't offer superior controls. I have over a dozen games on the PS4 that I can't play anywhere else so for me it's worth the purchase.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Red dead 2 already looks incredible on the X and pro can see this being hugely successful on pc.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8491 Posts

And as I expected from the hive mind mentality, the alt ignored all what I said and keep babbling rubbish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@r-gamer said:

@ezekiel43: For the genres I enjoy the PC doesn't offer superior controls.

Yes, it does. You just don't know what good controls are. Let's talk about the games you've been naming.

HZD - An enormous amount of the combat is spent aiming a bow. Mouse and keyboard would enhance it.

Spider-Man - The Arkham combat works nicely on a mouse and keyboard.

Loading Video...

Uncharted 4 - A shooter. Has platforming, but you still spend way too much time aiming for the shitty analog stick to be superior.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 R-Gamer

@ezekiel43: lmao uhh **** no. Moving in any of those games with a mouse and keyboard would be trash.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@r-gamer said:

@ezekiel43: lmao uhh **** no. Moving in any of those games with a mouse and keyboard would be trash.

Why? The mouse fills in the blanks between the eight directions of movement. HZD and UC4 have such automated, linear climbing and easy platforming that it hardly matters anyway.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#109 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts
@r-gamer said:

What? Why?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Yes, it does. You just don't know what good controls are. Let's talk about the games you've been naming.

HZD - An enormous amount of the combat is spent aiming a bow. Mouse and keyboard would enhance it.

Spider-Man - The Arkham combat works nicely on a mouse and keyboard.

Loading Video...

Uncharted 4 - A shooter. Has platforming, but you still spend way too much time aiming for the shitty analog stick to be superior.

Jesus that's insane.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By R-Gamer

@lundy86_4: Point and click with a mouse vs analog sticks in action adventure? Same with the combat on a keyboard... sorry but unless your a hardcore PC gamer anyone is going to take a controller for any of those games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@r-gamer: This is some of the dumbest reasoning i've seen. Still, to aim with a mouse, there is no need to "click," like you stated.

Never-the-less, controllers are utilized on PC. I use my X1 controller... Formerly an Elite, but in need of repair.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 R-Gamer

@ezekiel43: You have perfect control with an analog stick. For UC4 the climbing isn't the issue I love to run and gun and melee..and HZD you gotta constantly move. I mean in all honesty its completely subjective but I prefer controllers on everything but FPS and RTS.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@ezekiel43: You have perfect control with an analog stick. For UC4 the climbing isn't the issue I love to run and gun and melee..and HZD you gotta constantly move. I mean in all honesty its completely subjective but I prefer controllers on everything but FPS and RTS.

So if the analog stick is perfect, then why do speedrunners use keyboard and mouse in Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAasyEDS2I

According to you, they should be using controller because it's the best, no?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#115 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

Was this game even worth playing? I heard that the game controlled terribly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#116 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

PC game redditers will probably posts screenshots of improved horse testicles. That is just how reddit is.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#117  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I don't understand how people think M/KB controls are bad for third person shooters it's so damn easy.I can drive and fly in all the GTA games with no problems using keyboard and mouse. And just like Ezekiel43 has shown M/KB works damn well with the Arkham games only noobs can't adjust to it. I can't wait to play RDR2 with M/KB and start racking up those headshots.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DragonfireXZ95

@warmblur said:

I don't understand how people think M/KB controls are bad for third person shooters it's so damn easy.I can drive and fly in all the GTA games with no problems using keyboard and mouse. And just like Ezekiel43 has shown M/KB works damn well with the Arkham games only noobs can't adjust to it. I can't wait to play RDR2 with M/KB and start racking up those headshots.

It's better for third person shooters, honestly. Many consolites just don't like it because, either they suck with the control scheme, or they are just heavily biased. Objectively, keyboard and mouse is best for third person shooters--that's why all speedrunners use mouse and keyboard for the fastest times.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: That's one speed runner using a KB+M . Im pretty sure people have done it with controls. Again completely subjective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPh6Z4VJckw&t=5182s

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By R-Gamer

@warmblur: I can do all that with a controller with no problem so why the **** do I want to be at a desk with a KB+M? A controller is so much more comfortable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@r-gamer said:

@warmblur: I can do all that with a controller with no problem so why the **** do I want to be at a desk with a KB+M? A controller is so much more comfortable.

Well to each it's own I'm more comfortable with M/KB .But why would anybody want to use a controller for any game that involves aiming? the mouse will always be the best for that no question. Using the analog stick sucks for aiming and always will the precision of a mouse is superior.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Lol is boxrekt/recloud/r-gamer actually arguing that HZD works better with a controller than mouse+Keyboard?? Played that game for around 15 hours before getting sick of it, you know what my

Main thought was during those 15 hours? How much better the game would be if you controlled the bow with a mouse instead of a shitty controller...

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Any game with camera control works better with mouse.

I got a hard time figuring out which game would not work well with keyboard mouse or better then controller.

Controllers are pretty darn shitty devices to control games with and it heavily cripples games that sony makes to make it work on top of it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56242 Posts

@warmblur said:
@r-gamer said:

Well to each it's own I'm more comfortable with M/KB .But why would anybody want to use a controller for any game that involves aiming? the mouse will always be the best for that no question. Using the analog stick sucks for aiming and always will the precision of a mouse is superior.

Sorry but I'm with @r-gamer that when it comes to 3rd-person views, I'm more comfy with a controller (Xbox Elite controller) but it all depends on the type of 3rd-person I'm dealing with. Games like GTAV, I been using controller and no issue with the aiming part but then again, all I do is play single player games and they always get a pass for me while playing with controller and take a game like Witcher 3, I tried playing it with KB/M and didn't work for me, my Xbox Elite controller was more easy to execute and alot more fun to use but this is all my experience. We're all different so hey, it is what it is. But we can all agree KB/M is superior for any first-person-shooters and RTS games, that's a fact.

Ever play Cuphead? Try playing that game with a KB/M lol.

Edit: But I will try playing RDR2 with KB/M and see how it works for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:
@warmblur said:
@r-gamer said:

Sorry but I'm with @r-gamer that when it comes to 3rd-person views, I'm more comfy with a controller (Xbox Elite controller) but it all depends on the type of 3rd-person I'm dealing with. Games like GTAV, I been using controller and no issue with the aiming part but then again, all I do is play single player games and they always get a pass for me while playing with controller and take a game like Witcher 3, I tried playing it with KB/M and didn't work for me, my Xbox Elite controller was more easy to execute and alot more fun to use but this is all my experience. We're all different so hey, it is what it is. But we can all agree KB/M is superior for any first-person-shooters and RTS games, that's a fact.

Ever play Cuphead? Try playing that game with a KB/M lol.

Edit: But I will try playing RDR2 with KB/M and see how it works for me.

Like I said to each it's own but playing third person games with M/KB is great and if you enjoy using the gamepad cool. But I wish people wouldn't write off M/KB for third person games. As for Cuphead it's not my thing I don't think M/KB is superior in every genre of gaming gamepads have there advantages too.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#126 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Meh... bought day 1. Overrated like every other Rockstar game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: That's one speed runner using a KB+M . Im pretty sure people have done it with controls. Again completely subjective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPh6Z4VJckw&t=5182s

You're right, someone did do it with a controller, and it was over an hour slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6QRfo14D4

Objectively, the keyboard and mouse is the best option for speed running because it has the best controls for 3rd person shooters.

You can go on about preference all you want, and that's fine. I'm not saying you should play with a mouse and keyboard. Go ahead and enjoy your controller. I'm just saying that objectively, the mouse and keyboard is better for this specific genre.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: Sorry but a few people running a speed run isn't really an accurate sample size to make that claim. It also depends on the gameplay. He also mentioned games like Arkham Knight which are nowhere near as good on a keyboard.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#129  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Sorry but a few people running a speed run isn't really an accurate sample size to make that claim. It also depends on the gameplay. He also mentioned games like Arkham Knight which are nowhere near as good on a keyboard.

Aiming is more efficient with a mouse. This is a fact. However, if someone is more comfortable using a controller, that is fine. PC accommodates both.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Juub1990

@r-gamer said:

At this point you got nothing but your opinion. M+KB is absolutely more efficient. Whether you prefer it over controllers for this type of game is a different story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@r-gamer said:

I doubt you would even know. If you have played Arkham Knight with a keyboard and mouse, you likely barely practiced.

I would post videos for Arkham Knight, but, disappointingly, the high score ones I can find don't specify if they were done with a controller or KBM.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#132 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

All this discussion about KB/M vs Controller.

But PC gamers won't have to choose.

I'm interested in checking out both first person- and third person mode with KB/M and perhaps after try it with a controller.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#133  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Juub1990:

"At this point you got nothing but your opinion. M+KB is absolutely more efficient."

No. The only advantage M+KB has is the mouse. The mouse has better accuracy but the keyboard flat out sucks as a controller. I remember how much I struggled just trying to turn around and do basic platforming on Half Life 1 and Doom 3. The direction keys are basically a joke D-pad, along with WASD. No matter what, you can only run and you needed to hold Shift to walk, which was dumb. I don't like using one hand just for movement. It's awful, uncomfortable and it's super clunky.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Juub1990

@nepu7supastar7: And what does thus got to do with what I said?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 R4gn4r0k

@nepu7supastar7: apples and oranges.

I do think a dpad is better. On the other hand wasd is controlled with four fingers, not just the thumb.

Keyboard was never made for games, it was made for typing. Yet it offers huge benefits for gamers: having five fingers over buttons as opposed to two on a controller. And having access to many buttons, which means no two/three actions need to be bound to the same button. Every button can have it's own (logical) meaning. R for reload. M for map. T to type...

Controller is a fine way to play games just like a keyboard and mouse are.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#136  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34689 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@r-gamer said:

I doubt you would even know. If you have played Arkham Knight with a keyboard and mouse, you likely barely practiced.

I would post videos for Arkham Knight, but, disappointingly, the high score ones I can find don't specify if they were done with a controller or KBM.

I thought about using a cotnroller for the Arkham games for the sole reason that M+KB made the games a bit too easy, actually. M+KB for the Arkham games is very OP.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DaVillain

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Juub1990:

"At this point you got nothing but your opinion. M+KB is absolutely more efficient."

No. The only advantage M+KB has is the mouse. The mouse has better accuracy but the keyboard flat out sucks as a controller. I remember how much I struggled just trying to turn around and do basic platforming on Half Life 1 and Doom 3. The direction keys are basically a joke D-pad, along with WASD. No matter what, you can only run and you needed to hold Shift to walk, which was dumb. I don't like using one hand just for movement. It's awful, uncomfortable and it's super clunky.

I do not use the basic WASD on KB, I always change it to this WEAR, W=forward, E=backwards, A=left, R=right and that's more easy for me. Just try to adjust what your fingers are more comfy and more efficient to your benefits. And as for using "Shift" to what walk/run? I have a Mouse that has up to 9 buttons to make it more simple then holding Shift. Gotta love PC, you have lots of options to pick whichever works for you.

Come on nepu7supastar7, you should know that PC just happens to give the gamer more options.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 nepu7supastar7

@davillain-:

Okay, but still there's a bunch of stuff you need to do to adjust yourself to the controls. Maybe I don't wanna go through that and just want to pick up something simple. Controllers are already designed to be comfortable without any hassle.

Besides, when we're talking about M+KB: we're not just talking about the gamer setups. The most common form is stock. And stock M+KB don't have those options. I've sure as heck never had a mouse with 9 buttons before.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DaVillain

@nepu7supastar7: It's called the Corsair Scimitar gaming mouse and my most trusty mouse I ever use. Sorry, I meant to say 12 buttons lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 R4gn4r0k

@nepu7supastar7: get the mx518. It's a classic pc gaming mouse and has two thumb buttons, which is plenty.

In shooters you can bind these to grenade and equipment for example.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@davillain-:

Jesus Christ, DV! It looks like a frickin' phone from the 90's!! Is this what you guys are using?!! 😲

No wonder I got my ass kicked in Counter Strike all those times! I....just don't see myself getting comfy with something like that! That thing's just...I don't even know what to say about that....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@davillain-: I also have a corsair mouse, I use this one:

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Meh, it's got okay graphics. Definitely not top tier.

Top tier for me at the moment is stuff like Metro: Exodus and Battlefield V, looks incredibly life-like at times.

Metro looks like shit. no clue how anybody can be impressed with it. . Battlefield 5 no clue didn't bought it never will unless they fire the entire staff.

@bluestars said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Don’t forget when your shitting on the 4k/30 Xbox one x version, your shitting on the majority of pc gamers,who don’t have gaming pc’s capable of glorious native 4k med/high

Oh I forgot every pc pretender race gamer has a 2080ti,12k,200fps rig

HaH

Weird logic you got going on over there.

Pretty sure anybody with those minimum specs that play pc games will be able to run it better. 4k isn't much of a thing on PC. Unless u got loads of resources left and then most people would probably downsample over getting a useless 4k screen.

Framerate is king over anything and input lag, then visual settings to some level, then resolutions.

Then u got the insane input lag you got going on, on consoles with tanky controller controls.

Yea PC version will absolutely dwarf that of consoles for anybody.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 R4gn4r0k

@Gatygun said:

Metro looks like shit. no clue how anybody can be impressed with it. . Battlefield 5 no clue didn't bought it never will unless they fire the entire staff.

Metro is the best looking game at the moment. It's graphics king. What on earth are you talking about?

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 R-Gamer

@ezekiel43: Yea sorry buy I don't want to practice using a different input device when I'm already effective with one. I feel no reason to screw with a big clumsy keyboard when a controller is so much more comfortable but to each their own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@r-gamer said:

@ezekiel43: Yea sorry buy I don't want to practice using a different input device when I'm already effective with one. I feel no reason to screw with a big clumsy keyboard when a controller is so much more comfortable but to each their own.

Then you can't really say controllers are far better for Arkham Knight, now can you?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DragonfireXZ95

@r-gamer said:

I provided evidence to back up my claim. Have you? I see no evidence from you here.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 R4gn4r0k

@r-gamer said:

That's like saying "I refuse to drive a car because I already know how to ride a bike"

One does not exclude the other.

If you move from SNES for example to a Xbox One that's a whole different controller too. Your comment basically makes no sense, the more I think about it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By R-Gamer

@R4gn4r0k: Dumb analogy on your part. I know how to play with a KB+M as it's the only thing I played RTS on.

So knowing what I know about both input devices why would I practice with a KB+M to play a genre it's not meant for? That's like riding on a dangerous rocky off road trail in a Ford Raptor and then saying you should learn to do it with a mountain bike.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DaVillain

@R4gn4r0k: Love the logo and mouse at the same time :)

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@davillain-:

Jesus Christ, DV! It looks like a frickin' phone from the 90's!! Is this what you guys are using?!! 😲

No wonder I got my ass kicked in Counter Strike all those times! I....just don't see myself getting comfy with something like that! That thing's just...I don't even know what to say about that....

LOL it ain't trying to win the fashion show, but it gets the job done while I game.