RB6 for the PS3 looks kinda bad

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Ubisoft. No further explanation needed.retrib

It looked good on the 360 so whats wrong with ubi?? Stop blaming the damn developers and start blaming sony for making a console without thinking of the game developers.

Honestly, I'd blame Sony for making such a hard to develop for console. but that still doesn't make the PS3 weaker than the 360, if R6V vegas was built ground up for the PS3, it'd be the other way around and be worse on the 360.

link?

it's fact, look at VF5, it looks worse on 360 and has less physix!!!1

link?

"We do know that the game will be receiving some tweaks over the PS3 version, including better anti-aliasing - to make the graphics look smoother. The game will also get analog control"

"The one complaint we had with the PS3 version - that the computer players weren't very realistic or fun to fight against - is being overhauled for the Xbox 360 release with much improved artificial intelligence based on newer arcade data"

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

It looked good on the 360 so whats wrong with ubi?? Stop blaming the damn developers and start blaming sony for making a console without thinking of the game developers.

Honestly, I'd blame Sony for making such a hard to develop for console. but that still doesn't make the PS3 weaker than the 360, if R6V vegas was built ground up for the PS3, it'd be the other way around and be worse on the 360.

link?

physics are a set of laws that govrn the interaction of two objects. physics do not have anything to do with graphics. also, didn't the devs and gaming sites say that VF5 looks better on the 360? 

retrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 retrib
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
[QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Ubisoft. No further explanation needed.DoctorBunny

link?

link?

"We do know that the game will be receiving some tweaks over the PS3 version, including better anti-aliasing - to make the graphics look smoother. The game will also get analog control"

"The one complaint we had with the PS3 version - that the computer players weren't very realistic or fun to fight against - is being overhauled for the Xbox 360 release with much improved artificial intelligence based on newer arcade data"

Highlighted 

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Ubisoft. No further explanation needed.latinrage69

link?

physics are a set of laws that govrn the interaction of two objects. physics do not have anything to do with graphics. also, didn't the devs and gaming sites say that VF5 looks better on the 360?

Yes they did which is why I'm wondering why he even said it? 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

um. ignorance is bliss?? :? 

retrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 retrib
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

link? = :P. i'm being a fanboy. If you're implying that the 360 is better than the PS3, you're sadly mistaken, just wait :). 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

link? = :P. i'm being a fanboy. If you're implying that the 360 is better than the PS3, you're sadly mistaken, just wait :).

urgh. there they go with the "just wait" again. if sony charged you cows $60 for playing the waiting game, their gaming division wouldn't be $2 billion in debt. 

retrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 retrib
[QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

urgh. there they go with the "just wait" again. if sony charged you cows $60 for playing the waiting game, their gaming division wouldn't be $2 billion in debt.

They're not the ones who are making us wait, it's the developers. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

They're not the ones who are making us wait, it's the developers.

but it's sonys fault for giving them a rubik's cube-of-a-dev unit. they spend more time trying to figure out how to program for it than actually designing the game.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#60 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[QUOTE="nnavidson"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="nnavidson"]

First of all, lemmings are upset that cows are getting a decent port of one of the best games they have.

Second of all, the best part of the game is multiplayer whiche had meh graphics in the first place.

latinrage69

the mp for almost every game has meh graphics. have you seen GoW. the sp and mp are like two completely experiences (graphically). by the way, lems aren't upset that cows are getting a good game (for once), but you have to understand and see that the ps3 version isn't as graphically impressive as the 360 version.

I'd agree that the PS3 graphics aren't as good, but I don't think good graphics is what made this game so popular in the first place.

As far as your Gears comment, I don't remember the multiplayer looking worst that the one player...

there's a difference. keep in these are downscaled:

MP

SP

the textures in the SP are slightly more detailed.

you should of used the same map pics for sp and mp. cause the sp pic of gridlock looks exactly like the mp version of it. hard to do sp and mp comparison in diff scenerios. tyro station setting is during sunset while gridlock is during the day so the textures might be better or worse for one another.

in sp they didnt have gridlock. they had enviroments that looked similiar to it but they defitnetly didnt have gridlock. so that pic has to be old. i want to say the pic is a mp pic since thats how it looks like in mp, but if you look at the grunt locust(the left one) he has red pants. the grunt skins in mp (they didnt wear read in sp either) dont have red pants and the only locust that wear the color red are thereon elite guards(the locust on the right). 

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

i concur hearing reviewers say the 360's vf5 looking better.

NinjaFoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 NinjaFoot
Member since 2004 • 932 Posts

[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Ubisoft. No further explanation needed.michael098

Isn't that why Kutaragi got "reassigned"??? 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

don't forget that the online doesn't loook that good.

the single player looks great. a little less sharp and less detail on PS3 though.

in both accounts nowhere near a PS2 games however. try to keep your memory of PS2 games clear...... i think you are making them more beuatifull in your head., 

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="retrib"][QUOTE="michael098"]

link?

Lol thats so typical, "just wait" 

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

don't forget that the online doesn't loook that good.

the single player looks great. a little less sharp and less detail on PS3 though.

in both accounts nowhere near a PS2 games however. try to keep your memory of PS2 games clear...... i think you are making them more beuatifull in your head., 

danneswegman

Thank you.... thats exacly what I was gonna post.

You can't forget that even the 360 version looks like a Xbox game in multi player, and some of thos pics could very well be multi for all we know but we DON'T ! so don't speculate and be fanboy's wait until a review plain and simple.

I remember that being a HUGE dissapointment to me when I played the demo on XBL for RB6Vegas, I thought it looked horrid and I complained and cussed UBIsoft up and down about it, but the graphics only got better in single player.  Game was buggy as **** to on the 360 when it first came out, with all kinds of stupid glitchs like incenerary greneades not killing Terrorists in T hunt mode.....

nnavidson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nnavidson
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
[QUOTE="nnavidson"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="nnavidson"]

First of all, lemmings are upset that cows are getting a decent port of one of the best games they have.

Second of all, the best part of the game is multiplayer whiche had meh graphics in the first place.

latinrage69

the mp for almost every game has meh graphics. have you seen GoW. the sp and mp are like two completely experiences (graphically). by the way, lems aren't upset that cows are getting a good game (for once), but you have to understand and see that the ps3 version isn't as graphically impressive as the 360 version.

I'd agree that the PS3 graphics aren't as good, but I don't think good graphics is what made this game so popular in the first place.

As far as your Gears comment, I don't remember the multiplayer looking worst that the one player...

there's a difference. keep in these are downscaled:

MP

SP

the textures in the SP are slightly more detailed. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but those are two completely different areas.  Not the best way to do a comparison.