Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Intel:

• Version of the Closed Alpha is 0.1.0

• The air-plane map, named “Plane”, has the following (named) zones: Seating Journalist, Bathroom, Exterior, Cargo, Cargo Entrance, First Aid, Cargo Room A, Cargo Room B, Military Seating, Stairs Cockpit, Kitchen Prep, Seating Staff,

• The plane map has the following CAMs in “Support Mode” (after one’s death): Luggage Hold, Cabin Staff, Main Corridor, (plus atleast 2 more)

• The designated names of different areas (above) will be helpful in planning out a round and in voice-comms

• The map is huge! The plane is also very huge with detailed in-door environments (with fantastic lighting), multiple floors etc.

• CTUs: GIGN (atleast 3 CTUs will be in the closed-alpha)

• Primary Weapons: MP5 MLI (stock color in closed-alpha is golden), P90, 591A1, FAMAS G2, K33 NATO, G36C,

• Secondary Weapons: NP-9, Model 586, MAC11, 226 MK25, M45 MEUSOC,

• Gadgets: Barbed Wire (hurts and slows down attackers), Sledgehammer (a breaching hammer to breach through destructible surfaces), Deployable Shield (crouch-height cover that blocks all weapon damage), Breach Charge, Stun Grenade, EMP Grenade (disables any electronics in range), Shock-Drone (disables traps and also shocks enemies), Frag, Bonfire Launcher,

• Defenders / Attackers Types: Recruit (can be picked by more than one player and has the most customization options), Thatcher (Attacker – UK flag on his arm), Twitch (Attacker – WIP, plus a GIGN tag on his arm), Sledge (Attacker), Ash (Attacker – probably the female operator),(a total of 11 types are available, recruit is common to both Attacker and Defenders, plus 5 unique types for both Attacker / Defender, each)

• Moreover, each kit has a specific icon

• Each Defender / Attacker / CTU type has a specific “bonus” ability: Recruit (Croix Rogue – Improved revive ability), Thatcher (Gas Mask – Damage received from smoke is reduced and also no coughing will happen)

• Knifing is confirmed!

• Grenade explosion has a deafening effect that lasts around 5 seconds or so

• Scoring Points: Barricading: +5, Injure: +50, Injure Assist: +50, Confirm Kill: +50, Kill Assist: +75, Kill: +100, Headshot: +50, Gadget Destroyed: +10,

• Barricading can be destroyed by team-mates

• When injured, you can move/crawl to get to safety

• The voice-overs in the video were in English, but the accent was French

• The animation for climbing up ladders is not yet properly implemented, as it can been in the screenshot that there’s a gap between the player and ladder

• When hit, your screen gets zoom-blurred for a moment

• When an enemy player notices and shoots at you, you can see the white hit-direction-indicators on-screen

• This area shows the health of your player, and probably body-armor type/ status. The shirt icon probably shows that the player isn’t wearing any armour

• Magazine Reloading: If you have ammo 1/269 and you reload, you get to 31/239 (for the MP5 MLI). Moreover, the reload animation restarts if interrupted by another action

• DEATH REPLAY (aka 1st-person Kill-Cam) of around 7 seconds is shown after one’s death, which can also be “skipped”

• Additionally, there’s an END OF ROUND REPLAY as well

• A decisive round shows “MATCH POINT” on the top of timer-clock

• DAMAGE LOG (top-right) indicating the damage done by your killer is shown in the DEATH REPLAY screen

• End-of-Round screen shows ROUND GRAPH (time-line of kills etc.) and ROUND REPORT (scores, K/D, etc.)

• Some of the stuff shows WIP (work in progress). The textures also read “ALPHA” at some places on the map.

FUCKING AWESOME. I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE "PLANE" MAP WHERE TERRORISTS VS COUNTER TERRORISTS ARE PLAYING.

This reminds me 747 Counter-Strike map.

Rainbow Six siege is like counter-strike but more realistic, little bit slower and more tactical. Totally online play. Gotta love this game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I do like the totally online play aspect of the game. Very impressive.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Rainbow 6 (before Ubisoft ruined it) did have a plane map.

Sadly this game will also be ruined. Money bags. Console gaming.

e.t.c...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Would be cool if the plane was in the air.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4cJk_wy1Q

Edit: I think it looks a little lame. I was expecting a lot more enviromental destruction like in the reveal trailer. I know it's a plane, but I would like it to be a bit more over the top.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

are ya telling me that this is a good rainbow six game? i don't believe a word of it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@JangoWuzHere said:

Would be cool if the plane was in the air.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4cJk_wy1Q

Edit: I think it looks a little lame. I was expecting a lot more enviromental destruction like in the reveal trailer. I know it's a plane, but I would like it to be a bit more over the top.

Looks shite compared to Insurgency. Probably 7 times the price as well.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

I've liked what I've seen since it's announcement... I have little faith in ubi to deliver though... Hope they prove me wrong.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Please don't be shit.

dan_mimmsie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 dan_mimmsie
Member since 2014 • 86 Posts

Looks like the airplain map from tom clancy RogueSpear

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I hope they bring back the face scan on your character. There is nothing like seeing yourself rag dolled over a slot machine to lay there lifeless.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup

@dan_mimmsie said:

Looks like the airplain map from tom clancy RogueSpear

Yea: that was a slow game in which the player was scared to creep round corners in fear of 1 shot kills, not only for the player but the hostages.

Here people are quite happily running around like it's Call Of Duty.

It's lewd.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I can't wait to hear more about this game and hear what people thought of the alpha, then I hope they do a Beta for consoles.

This and MK:X are my 2 must have games this year!!!

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Yeah yeah won't be as hardcore as original Rainbow Six games, nothing will be anymore unless a random indie team takes the challenge. But as for Siege, i don't mind the direction its going. I may not play it because I have Insurgency and ARMA 3 but the consoles don't get many games often like this so I hope the game will be popular for them. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup

@blangenakker said:

Yeah yeah won't be as hardcore as original Rainbow Six games, nothing will be anymore unless a random indie team takes the challenge. But as for Siege, i don't mind the direction its going. I may not play it because I have Insurgency and ARMA 3 but the consoles don't get many games often like this so I hope the game will be popular for them. :)

It's specifically because of consoles these games don't exist.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Watching the video with that controller aiming is so painful.

I don't have much hope for this, it's Ubishit, but it does look good.

Needs the radio commands from GIGN csgo