"Games of the generation"

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

We already know one of them. ;)

What are the others, in your opinion? They don't have to be games you like, they just have to be games that you think will be remembered when someone says the names "PS3," "Xbox 360," or "Wii." (PCs are exempt because PCs have no "generations.") These are games which, ten years from now, epitomize the pure joy of owning one of these machines.

Yes, you can also predict what games-to-be-released are likely to be considered "games of the generation."

In my humble opinion:

Already Released:
- Super Mario Galaxy (speaking personally, this was the only game of 2007 that didn't disappoint me)
- WiiSports (a far, far, far more important game than most people give it credit for)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (currently the definitive online console shooter experience)
- Gears of War (it wasn't called "the first true next-gen game" for nothing)
-
Rock Band (the definitive rhythm game on consoles)

Yet To Be Released:
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (if only to be remembered as the close of the franchise)
- The Legend of Zelda (the as-yet-unnamed Zelda Wii game; when Miyamoto promises, he delivers)
- God of War 3 (I just have this feeling that we will be shown the true meaning of the word "epic" with this game....)

You shouldn't give too much thought to selecting games for this list. These games should POP right out at you as the must-have experiences for this generation, whether or not you agree with their greatness.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl maybe?

Good list though.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2, MGS4, GOW 3 and..... brawl.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
GTA4
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

no GTA4?

edit: and spore

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mjarantilla

no GTA4?

edit: and spore

Silenthps

I did say that "we already knew one of them" so I didn't mention "it" for fear of this thread getting locked. :P

pieatorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pieatorium
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

We already know one of them. ;)

What are the others, in your opinion? They don't have to be games you like, they just have to be games that you think will be remembered when someone says the names "PS3," "Xbox 360," or "Wii." (PCs are exempt because PCs have no "generations.") These are games which, ten years from now, epitomize the pure joy of owning one of these machines.

Yes, you can also predict what games-to-be-released are likely to be considered "games of the generation."

In my humble opinion:

Already Released:
- Super Mario Galaxy (speaking personally, this was the only game of 2007 that didn't disappoint me)
- WiiSports (a far, far, far more important game than most people give it credit for)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (currently the definitive online console shooter experience)
- Gears of War (it wasn't called "the first true next-gen game" for nothing)

Yet To Be Released:
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (if only to be remembered as the close of the franchise)
- The Legend of Zelda (the as-yet-unnamed Zelda Wii game; when Miyamoto promises, he delivers)
- God of War 3 (I just have this feeling that we will be shown the true meaning of the word "epic" with this game....)

You shouldn't give too much thought to selecting games for this list. These games should POP right out at you as the must-have experiences for this generation, whether or not you agree with their greatness.

mjarantilla

Out now:

The Orange Box : Furthering the story of one hell of a series and dropping in the awesome TF2 and Portal = Just pure awesome

Crysis: A great shooter wrapped in visuals beyond anything else out.

Coming soon

Spore: Taking depth and customisation to a new level

Starcraft 2: Blizzard never dissapoints and with the sequel to Starcraft that should mean a game we will still be talking about in 10 years time.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Halo 3- It will be remembered for being so overhyped that it was hated on even when it was a great game. That and the hype was up there.

Metal Gear Solid 4- the end of a great franchise.

Gears of War- microsofts new hyped shooter

Call of Duty 4- the shooter that dethroned Halo on Xbox live

Super Mario Galaxy- the best platformer since Mario 64

Resident Evil 5- Racism, the biggest controversy of this generation.

Half Life 3- The trilogy that delivered.

Zelda Wii- The next big Zelda.

The next big Bungie Shooter.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50714 Posts

MGS4

FFXIII

Gears1

Other than that, and GTA4, I really don't think much else will be like these.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

Crysis has to be up there.

We've seen in the past amazing PC FPS with great graphics, but we've never seen a game that was leagues ahead of anyone in terms of graphics, and for the most part, will not be challenged for quite some time.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mjarantilla

We've seen in the past amazing PC FPS with great graphics, but we've never seen a game that was leagues ahead of anyone in terms of graphics, and for the most part, will not be challenged for quite some time.

elbow2k

As much as I loved Crysis, I think it could've been made even more memorable if it had been a LOT more open-ended. I think COD4-type storyline with Crysis' gameplay. But then it wouldn't have been "Crysis." Still, I think if a shooter ever comes out like that, it would be damn near perfect as far as shooters go.

Plus, I did say I excluded PC games. Otherwise I would've added Spore.

Oh, and I DON'T think StarCraft 2 will be a "game of the generation." The legacy of its predecessor is just too great. Kind of like how Half-Life 2 still languishes in the shadow of Half-Life.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

elbow2k
Yeah but it doesnt beat out the best PC shooters in gameplay, story, and depth.

Deux Ex, Half Life 2, Half Life, System Shock, etc

Crysis was damn good. But not the next big PC shooter, just the next great PC shooter. Id say Half Life 3 will be leagues ahead of Crysis in so many ways, without having to look better.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
StarCraft II will be played for years And I'm too tired to read correctly.....go me. ;)
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

+ The Worlds Ends With You

pieatorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pieatorium
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts
[QUOTE="elbow2k"]

jg4xchamp

Crysis was damn good. But not the next big PC shooter, just the next great PC shooter. Id say Half Life 3 will be leagues ahead of Crysis in so many ways, without having to look better.

This isn't a thread about overall quality it's about what games will be remembered from this time, and considering the fact that Crysis is still not being maxed out at the huge resolutions every other game out is and the fact there is still a patch forethcoming alowing the settings to be pushed even higher I would assume it will be used as a benchmark for technical graphics for quite a while.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mjarantilla

+ The Worlds Ends With You

ArisShadows

Really? That's one I didn't expect to hear. Why?

Oh, and I should also add PORTABLE games:
- Elite Beat Agents/Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

And I need to add Rock Band.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts
[QUOTE="elbow2k"]

jg4xchamp

I have to respectfully disagree on that one, since I believe that Crysis is it's own brand. What Crysis did was amazing, specially from the gameplay department, to me it represented the next level of what an FPS should be; representing advanced physics, AI, and graphics, I feel that it's the next level of FPS games.

I loved Half Life 2, it was an engaging story driven FPS, however, it's got nothing on Crysis in terms gameplay. Heck, not many games do, considering it did win Shooter of the Year over a whole boat load of good FPS games.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
NG2 will be the definitive action game of this gen.
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy all the way. It is really a very lovely game.

It will be remembered for bringing a sense of physics to platforming.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
So far Bioshock is the best game i played this generation, cant wait for Bioshock 2 :D
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts

Games I would list so far:

Galaxy

Gears

Wii Sports

COD:4

Bioshock

Halo 3

Metroid 3

GTA:4

Unchartered

Crysis

These are all games that could not have been done last gen....I'll add more later.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy all the way. It is really a very lovely game.

It will be remembered for bringing a sense of physics to platforming.

Tragic_Kingdom7

I think this game was truly grounbreaking as well. I feel sorry for fanboys....

ryuisill81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ryuisill81
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

The Halo 3 .

i think it's nice .

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is in there.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

MGS4

FFXIII

Gears1

Chutebox

Yeah GRAND THEF AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTO. Sorry, Im completely wasted right now, I've had around 12 beers, Im so freaking happy, gs gave a perfect ten to GTAIV.

Party Mode!

Mgs4 will be the next AAAA perhaps.

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

The Halo 3 .

i think it's nice .

ryuisill81

Yes, it is. In passing, what about Grand Theft Auto IV?

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

....EHHH.....I'm gonna get FLAMED to death by both cows and lemmings for this but ohh well...Here I go! Yes, I'm partially lemming and a HUGE GTA knucklehead so coming out and saying this is kind of...I don't know how to put...It's just show how Jaded I'm becoming!

**READY FLAME SHIELD**

I'm saying GTA IV is NOT the game that will make people say "Wow" , it's the definiative game of the PS3, X360 and Wii era....Yea, I know I'm gonna get killed for this but I have my reasons. And yes, I'm basically wasted right now playing as Niko in LC and seriously need some sleep but work is coming up...(Man, am I got some explaining to do when I get to the office!). But as much fun as i had running around in a Ducati 999 (NGR) or a HellFury riding around Brooker, dating Michelle etc, I couldn't get the feeling that I "Been there, down that..." Deep down inside, I kinda feel I've done all of this before....I guess after 5 GTA games last gen, R* has run out of ideas......Perhaps it's just I'm too early in the game and haven't really open it up yet. And there are still online to try out. But still. right now, I'm not gonna peg GTA IV as the "Game of this generation" until I see somthing truly new and groundbreaking like what I've see in SMG or even Wii-Sports! That's why I'm not gonna put up SSBB either.....Yea, like GTA IV, it's bigger, badder, online is awsome and characters...Man Snake and Sonic and ZSS ROCKS (But I still kick mucho ass with Kirby!) but....and this is the same caveat with GTA IV, break it all down, it's still the same SSB we all come and love. Does that make it a bad game? HELL NO! Why else did I play this game (Like am doing now with GTA IV) for 12 hours stright when I first got it? It's serious fun. But IMO, it just doesn't do enough new things or ground breaking things that make you go, "WOW that was unique and something special!" Sigh, perhaps I AM becoming too jaded....

My personal game of the generation so far....

Super Mario Galaxy: Does enough new things from MArio 64 and SMS to get it on this spot. The premise is the same, but the core gameplay, the level design and physics are something else all together! Each galaxy feels different and the gravity really pull a new twist on the platforming concept! It's here for that sole reason!

Wii-Sports: DEFINITIVE "Game of the generation"! Part of the reason why the Wii is still selling out! People play it at someone else's house, they end up buying a Wii just for this game! This game is leading the Wii and Nintendo right into the throne, Blu-Ray "Trojan horse"? what is that? How 'bout a "Wii-Sports Trojan Horse"? Cause that is what's happening right now!

Gears of War: Really open the way for a new kind of shooter other than the same ol same ol FPS drviel! MS was lucky to have this game hold the line before Halo 3 came out!

...And that's it.....That's all I've got. No Halo 3, no MP3, no SSBB, not even the great GTA IV (which is wasting my life away right now! God I need to stop being such a huge GTA knucklehead! It's the only reason why I'm also buying Saint's Row 2!)......Those are hell fun gams....But IMO, doesn't do enough things new like SMG, GeoW or have the big massive impact like Wii-Sports to really make the list.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

MGS4

FFXIII

Gears1

AgentA-Mi6

Yeah GRAND THEF AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTO. Sorry, Im completely wasted right now, I've had around 12 beers, Im so freaking happy, gs gave a perfect ten to GTAIV.

Party Mode!

Awesome lol, I'd love to be drunk and playing right now.

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

MGS4

FFXIII

Gears1

Chutebox

Party Mode!

Or you can try and play for something like 10 hours stright + Being up for well over 26 hours, which is what I am right now...Have to go to work soon and ready to throw up too! Man, at the end, i might as well be playing drunk. Due to lack of sleep, my reaction was so slow that driving in the game meant I'm litterally all over the place. You should try it, it's the same effect of being drunk! :P

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts

Bioshock

Gears of war

GTA IV

Super Mario galaxy

Upcoming

Ninja gaiden 2

Gears 2

God of war 3

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Company of Heroes-one of the best RTS ever and its very underrated on SW ;(.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

MGS4

FFXIII

Gears1

StryderK

Party Mode!

Or you can try and play for something like 10 hours stright + Being up for well over 26 hours, which is what I am right now...Have to go to work soon and ready to throw up too! Man, at the end, i might as well be playing drunk. Due to lack of sleep, my reaction was so slow that driving in the game meant I'm litterally all over the place. You should try it, it's the same effect of being drunk! :P

I'd rather get drunk than stay up for that long then go to work, thanks though! haha

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

I remember playing N64 for like hours and hours on end. I was playing some F1 nad noticed my mate didn't even make a turn, he just went straight - I look over and he has fallen asleep, sitting bolt upright with the controller in his hand.

Good times - not many games/platforms/generations make me do that kind of thing these days, but that is probably more to do with my age. I'm not a teen anymore.

Gears

Halo3

Bioshock

Wii sports

Galaxy

COD 4

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

I think Too Human will be remembered for being the most epic anti-flop ever; people are proclaiming that it will fail horribly, but I believe it will do well. That fact will, without doubt, live on in System Wars forever.

Another System Wars legend will, of course, be Lair. I don't even need to explain myself here. We all know why it'd be remembered :)

donx48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 donx48
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Released:

Gears Of War

Rock Band

Crysis

Super Mario Galaxy

Halo 3

COD4

The Orange Box

Wii Sports

And of course... GTA 4.

Upcoming:

God Of War 3

Kingdom Hearts 3 (Not really sure.)

MGS4

Final Fantasy XIII

GeOW 2

Gran Turismo 5

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
Viva pinata
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
Well, three pop out of my mind right away... Bioshock, Final Fantasy XIII and Mario Galaxy.
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 marcuskickass
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
Banjo Threeie,NG2 and God of War 3
tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

Company of Heroes-one of the best RTS ever and its very underrated on SW ;(.linkthewindow

Company of Heroes was literally the only RTS I've ever enjoyed. And I tried Starcraft, Age of Empires, etc.

Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

Crysis, it's not just pretty to look at, it's the best shooter I've ever played even with a few of it's bugs. Too bad everyone is too caught up on CoD4 to realise what a real shooter can be. The multiplayer is extremely engaging and the nanosuit adds a lot to it.

Halo 3, hate to admit it, but it's got one of the best multiplayer suites I've ever seen in any game and it's on a console.

World in Conflict, made an extremely engaging and deep team-based multiplayer RTS hybrid thing that's hard to explain without actually playing it.

Bioshock, too many whiners around this game, one of the most engaging shooters I've ever played with my favorite plot twist ever. The shooting may not be the best thing out there, but just finding out new ways to kill things is the best, bouncer big daddies make for some of the best ad lib boss fights I've ever seen.

Mass Effect, amazing new sci-fi universe with some nice shooter/rpg hybrid gameplay and a fantastic set of characters. Just sitting and reading the lore in the journal can fill hours of time for a science fiction nut.

Portal, because it's so much fun to play, extremely polished and I don't think that anyone who has played can ever forget that "The cake is a lie."

The Witcher, had no clue what it was about when I purchased it, but I was instantly drawn into Geralt's world. It has quick gameplay, a great alchemy system and a ton of lore. The story even held up really well with the shoddy English translation. Waiting patiently for CDProjekt's next endeavor.

Just the ones that come to mind that are in the OP, but this generation has seen a lot of great games so far.

Yet to be released:

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, I'm a huge PVP fan and this looks like it will be what I've been waiting for since I first played a RvR in Dark Age of Camelot. Have yet to get my hands on it, but so long as it can bring the feeling of DAOC back, I'll be happy.

Heavy Rain, know just about nothing about it, but just the fact that QuanticDream is developing it has piqued my interest to a point where I find it hard to wait.

Spore, just because whatever Will Wright touches turns to gold, and the extended development cycle has probably done wonders for it.

The Bioware MMO and Dragon Age, because they're being developed by Bioware who are one of my favorite developers.

Left4Dead, extremely interesting premise, if nothing else it will become a cult classic.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed, the Jedi Knight games were absolutely incredible and made playing a jedi make you feel like an absolute badass, should be great to play an absolutely badass dark jedi apprentice.

Stacraft II, because Starcraft is the best RTS ever, even if SCII only stands in it's shadow I'll be happy.

Fallout 3, holding out the hope that Bethesda can bring back what made Fallout 1&2 so great, already looks like it might be able to stand on it's own as a great game, however.

These are the ones that I'm really itching to get my hands on, mainly because previous works by the developers have been so great.

slackboy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slackboy72
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 should be up there. I can't see anything getting close to it in the driving stakes.

FF XIII could be okay but I doubt it. Square just hasn't gotten up to the dizzying heights of FF7 since they got all 'realistic' on us and ditched materia.

GTA IV will be defining moment and sequels beyond this may be up there too. (BTW How good would it be if they made a MMORPG based on GTA. Form your own crime families and battle for control of the streets)

MGS4 will blow people away.

MGOnline will be a dud.

Star Wars Force Unleashed may come good. If George Lucas has anything to do with it it'll stink.

The Final episode in the HL2 saga will have fanbois peeing their pants in anticipation but will be forgotten pretty soon afterwards.

Fallout 3 is the dark horse. it could change RPGs forever or make them stay the same.

Tekken 6 may just be more of the same but nicer looking. It will be the sole button-masher-you-have-to-have but nothing revolutionary.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Dead Rising, it's actually the only game that makes me wish I had a 360, yet I'm kind of over it now, played it loads at friends houses.

And yet to be released, who knows, there are games not even announced/we have hardly any info on that could kick ass, like Sadness, Timesplitters 4, and some games from last gen franchises that don't have a sequel yet.

Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

Dead Rising, it's actually the only game that makes me wish I had a 360, yet I'm kind of over it now, played it loads at friends houses.

And yet to be released, who knows, there are games not even announced/we have hardly any info on that could kick ass, like Sadness, Timesplitters 4, and some games from last gen franchises that don't have a sequel yet.

bobbetybob

Totally forgot about Dead Rising, it's the reason I purchased my 360, probably one of the more interesting games this generation has seen.

Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts
Wii Fit - Whether it fails or succeeds it is going to be remembered.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="elbow2k"]

elbow2k

I have to respectfully disagree on that one, since I believe that Crysis is it's own brand. What Crysis did was amazing, specially from the gameplay department, to me it represented the next level of what an FPS should be; representing advanced physics, AI, and graphics, I feel that it's the next level of FPS games.

I loved Half Life 2, it was an engaging story driven FPS, however, it's got nothing on Crysis in terms gameplay. Heck, not many games do, considering it did win Shooter of the Year over a whole boat load of good FPS games.

I completely agree with this, though I still like Deus Ex a little better, but I place it in a different genre than just simply fps. The other game that I will remember from this gen, or this time slot, is Stalker. Just loved it, very original, very memorable, very fun. It will be remembered as groundbreaking game in my gaming life at this time.

darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
Spore, Brawl, and Little Big PLanet.
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
why is no one saying spore
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
oh of course the guy above me says spore. of course.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy just has a little magic inside it, it's creativity and charm incited happiness within me whilst I played the game. Another one was Portal, before this, the last games Igenuinely laughed at were the old adventure games on the PC, it had great humour and style, a great ending and perplexing puzzles, and I did it all without GameFAQ's ^^

CoD4 was good, better than CoD2 but still, the original prevails, so, I get that sinking feeling of disappointment when I play it.

Despite the various 10's GTA IV has got, I'm looking forward to Empire: Total War the most, generations aside.

Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
People will play SSBB more than a lot of games this generation, I think it will be one of those titles that people play from near the beginning of the generation to the end. WiiSports is a game that everybody talks about it. However, it is a pretty simple game but it was important if you think about it. Most sports games will build upon it and it is a showcase for how motion sensitivity can be used.