ps4 trophies still need to be synced on playstation 4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

sorry guys, still lacking behind, this is done seamlessly on the xbox 360 8 years ago. but software sure isn't Sonys strongsuit. Gonna be a rough gen for early adapters who left 360 for a ps4. They all will come crawling back I predict.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/a-few-last-minute-bits-of-playstation-4-info/1100-4785/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's really annoying, but this isn't an issue with PS+, right?

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

hahahhahaha. WTF!

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Dat paywalled PSN :(

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Eh? Didn't think it was a problem, then again I don't have many trophies.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

My favorite new tweak to the PS4's trophy system is the addition of rarity, which will show you what percentage of players possess a trophy. It's a lot like Giant Bomb's old achievement rarity system, so you're welcome. Actually, I think Valve does it, too. Anyway, they break up the rarity with words like "rare" and "ultra rare" and so on. Trophies still need to sync, though, which seems a little old. Word is that it will be faster than the PS3 trophy sync, but I wonder if that's just because there aren't as many PS4 games to sync up to their servers at the moment. The system will also show all of your PS3 and Vita trophies, too. There's a lot of Facebook in the PS4 interface. In fact, that appears to be the only place where you can share video clips you've recorded on the PS4. That seems like an oversight or a "let's do this for launch and we can add YouTube later" situation. The system also has Twitter integration and can update some social feeds as you unlock trophies and that sort of thing. Don't be that guy. Uncheck those boxes.

Rining endorsement by Jeff

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/a-few-last-minute-bits-of-playstation-4-info/1100-4785/

Sony really outdid themselves.

TruthArisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TruthArisen
Member since 2013 • 403 Posts

Wonder Woman is ecstatic.

" Love syncing my trophies. Thank you. Sony."

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Heil68 said:

My favorite new tweak to the PS4's trophy system is the addition of rarity, which will show you what percentage of players possess a trophy. It's a lot like Giant Bomb's old achievement rarity system, so you're welcome. Actually, I think Valve does it, too. Anyway, they break up the rarity with words like "rare" and "ultra rare" and so on. Trophies still need to sync, though, which seems a little old. Word is that it will be faster than the PS3 trophy sync, but I wonder if that's just because there aren't as many PS4 games to sync up to their servers at the moment. The system will also show all of your PS3 and Vita trophies, too. There's a lot of Facebook in the PS4 interface. In fact, that appears to be the only place where you can share video clips you've recorded on the PS4. That seems like an oversight or a "let's do this for launch and we can add YouTube later" situation. The system also has Twitter integration and can update some social feeds as you unlock trophies and that sort of thing. Don't be that guy. Uncheck those boxes.

/thread

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Wow, I thought that PSN was finally going to catch up to XBL from 2006, it's not even that level. Really? Syncing trophies?

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimmypsn

It's funny the slow crappy PS4 interface you see now is what cows will be seeing for the next 7 years. Sony never gonna update. Enjoy your blue screens cows while X1 owner will be evolving with the future.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Ugh, for ****'s sake Sony.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Maybe we can trade some RARES? :o Oh god think of the possibilities!

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I haven't really had to worry about that since getting PS+

That's so annoying though, you'd think they would have fixed that.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jimmypsn

Sony's new trophy classification is rare, rarer and rarest? Hahahahahaha. WTF is going on. Japan. you so crazy. lol

nexus303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nexus303
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Heil, you have seriously low standards for a new product of this caliber. The list of updates for PS4 is getting massive, but Facebook and twitter feeds are priorities? It is becoming very clear this week that Sony is behind it all Things PS.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XBOunity

Honestly I joke around a lot, but this is the main reason I cannot attach myself to ps4. This is just laughable, this among other things with the UI and PSN layout I cannot just stand. I thought we were all to assume that PSN would be on par right? benefit of the doubt? ho hum

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

its syncs automatically, says so in the fax so dont see the problem. and no i aint coming back screw m$

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Why can't this be done instantly?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By clyde46

Someone explain what "Sync"'ing trophies actually is.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Won't the Xbox One do that too? I unlocked an achievement while playing Killer Instinct and it said to hold the guide button for details which opened what looked like an app then started a progress bar. Honestly I could be completely wrong but I do vaguely recall that.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I hope this gets patched

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jimmypsn

Mr Patchman. PS4 needs you and many many more patches. Patchstation 4. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@clyde46 said:

On Xbox, when you get an achievement, it is automatically recorded to your Xbox Live profile online, in addition to locally on your console. On PlayStation, because Trophies were patched in later, they have to be synced manually so that any Trophies you gain are first stored locally on your console, and then you have to sync them with the server, which is when they are reflected on your PSN profile.

This is a bit inexcusable on Sony's part, because auto syncing like Xbox Live is available to all PS+ members, plus there is no reason for this to be an issue on PS Vita and PS4, both of which were made with Trophies as an integral part of the OS.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@clyde46 said:

On Xbox, when you get an achievement, it is automatically recorded to your Xbox Live profile online, in addition to locally on your console. On PlayStation, because Trophies were patched in later, they have to be synced manually so that any Trophies you gain are first stored locally on your console, and then you have to sync them with the server, which is when they are reflected on your PSN profile.

This is a bit inexcusable on Sony's part, because auto syncing like Xbox Live is available to all PS+ members, plus there is no reason for this to be an issue on PS Vita and PS4, both of which were made with Trophies as an integral part of the OS.

I see, not so much of an issue. I know with Xbox, if you got a achievement offline, it doesn't attach a date to it when you next connect. TY for the info Char.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Sony is honestly amazing.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XBOunity

so ON XBO you can say at a friends house xbox show my stuff and all your movies all your pictures videos all stored in the cloud follows you. PSN cant do this simple task. lol

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Ok, so you easrn a bunch of trophies in your game, right? Sweet, all good.

But no one can see that apart from you, they're all just local trophies. You have to then navigate to the trophies section, and sync them to the actual online server, which will then sync every new trophy you have earned since the last time you synced them.

People will then be able to see them online.

Bit of a nuisance it doesn't automatically do it, but I guess not a deal breaker, especially when PS+ will turn the console on each day and sync them for you.

DoUbLeZzMk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DoUbLeZzMk2
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

So, whats the problem with them having to be synced?, even if it takes a few minutes, it can be done in the cackground =-/

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Thank you Kaz, Thank you Sony. wut?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points