PS4 or Xone - Question for people that have both Systems...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spoofrice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spoofrice11
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts

I'm thinking about getting a Next Gen Console this year (PS4 or Xone).

I've always been an Xbox guy, but when the new systems were announced I said I would switch to Sony after Xbox tried to make all those dumb changes (like having to always be online and no used games, before backtracking due to the backlash they got…)

I like the feel of the xbox controllers (do PS4 controllers feel normal after a while?) and am comfortable with their system, which I mostly use just for games. But like I said I was planning on getting a PS4 and just want to make the right decision.

I mostly play sports games (NBA 2K being my favorite game, and then Madden) and usually get some racing game. Other than that I play Mario games on my Wii U. I don't play online against others (just use it to download updates and rosters and stuff like that). Are there any extra fees for either system on things?

So which system would you suggest from someone that has maybe owned each system (not looking for responses from fanboys of a system)?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Racing and sports? Your choice should be the Xbox One IMO

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

ask yourself in regarding what you genre you play than asking on here due fanatics[fanboys] are savage beast like from dark souls will try to kill you[seduce you to buy their favorite brand] dont stuck on one genre evolve more to game to play

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

I had a 360 last Gen but I prefer the ps4 this Gen although I will be getting a xbone soon. Its just faster and more powerful with the vast majority of multiplats running better, I like the exclusives coming out more on PS, there are more games, and I like the controller more even if the battery life is weak. MLB the show is PS exclusive and the best baseball game there is. Plus it has Shareplay which allows u to play with friends even if one of u don't own the game

randyoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By randyoh
Member since 2015 • 55 Posts

First off i suggest owning both but for right now i suggest the Xbox one. More games on it as of right now and much more are coming sooner to Xbox after what we saw from both presser.

You play sports games mostly and Xbox has EA access which already has 8 sports game and a Need For Speed game(as well as other type of games) u can play for like 5 bucks a month. Add in Forza and Forza Horizons to take care of your racing needs, Xbox one is your console. Their is also multiple sports app's available.

I do suggest getting the console u don't select down the road. Just my opinion tho

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

1) not 500 posts, will be locked

2) worst place to ask for advice ever

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I can't recommend the Xbox One because just because of the damn clicky dpad... and yes this is serious.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I pretty much only play sports titles as well, or their at least a huge part of my library... I chose the X1 because of a few reasons..

1. I had a ps4 for awhile and no the controller never felt right to me.

2. the online competition on x1 is 1000x better then that on ps4, I also had lag issues on PSN where on X1 I don't, this could be a router issue on my end tho.

3. Games other then sports titles.. Halo, fable, forza, gears. I enjoy those more then say bloodborn or drive club..

4. Windows 10 integration with the X1. There are so many features I'm looking forward to from that.

I've owned both at one point, sold the PS4 and haven't really regretted that decision, so yeah I'd go x1.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Racing and sports? Your choice should be the current gen 8 console leader PS4.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Racing and sports? Your choice should be the current gen 8 console leader PS4.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Sports and racing games are your thing. I would get the XB1 hands down.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

I've had a ps4 since launch great console. You cannot go wrong with it.. Will be picking up an Xbox tomorrow. There seems to be a better near future for Xbox..long term? Who knows.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

XBone is the worst system ive ever owned

the disks don't work when you put them in

the downloads take for fucking ever ages you won't be playing for hours with a disk even don't even going digital on this pos

the games run like crap the ui is laggy an looks ugly as hell i cant use thing for my "one device" i switched over to my ps4 for gaming an user interface such as netflix its much easier my eyes and no lag at all download things quick

the ps4 just worksk out of the box i dunno wtf the xbone does it its like a gimpy step child of the ps4 its like if u do a shit ton of work maybe u can get on par with the professional older brother but why do all that work just use the ps4 its the simple beast

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ProtossX said:

the downloads take for fucking ever ages you won't be playing for hours with a disk even don't even going digital on this pos

the games run like crap the ui is laggy an looks ugly as hell i cant use thing for my "one device" i switched over to my ps4 for gaming an user interface such as netflix its much easier my eyes and no lag at all download things quick

the ps4 just worksk out of the box i dunno wtf the xbone does it its like a gimpy step child of the ps4 its like if u do a shit ton of work maybe u can get on par with the professional older brother but why do all that work just use the ps4 its the simple beast

I think it's you that is the problem, since i never had these problems with my xbox one.

Downloads have always been faster and the system has always been more reliable than the playstation.

There's no lag on the x1 lmao, at least not any more than on the ps4, the ps4 has actually more lag, microsoft has way more servers plus the xbone has a faster cpu.

To answer the op, EA is partnered with microsoft, so if you want sports games, easports is pretty much the leading dev. There are a lot of exclusives extra's on the xboxone because of that. For instance, i play fifa ultimate team on the xbox because i can play with legends, something that is not possible on the ps4

As for racing games, forza is xboxone as well and forza has been consinstently better than the ps4 racing games.

So the x1 is your only way the go, and yes the playstation controller is still a playstation controller

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@spoofrice11: Don't

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@commander said:
@ProtossX said:

I think it's you that is the problem, since i never had these problems with my xbox one.

Downloads have always been faster and the system has always been more reliable than the playstation.

There's no lag on the x1 lmao, at least not any more than on the ps4, the ps4 has actually more lag, microsoft has way more servers plus the xbone has a faster cpu.

To answer the op, EA is partnered with microsoft, so if you want sports games, easports is pretty much the leading dev. There are a lot of exclusives extra's on the xboxone because of that. For instance, i play fifa ultimate team on the xbox because i can play with legends, something that is not possible on the ps4

As for racing games, forza is xboxone as well and forza has been consinstently better than the ps4 racing games.

So the x1 is your only way the go, and yes the playstation controller is still a playstation controller

ea is not partnered with microsoft Battlefront has a deal with sony, and so does battlefield hardline and tons of EA games you are literally outa your mind some EA games were 1080p on ps4 and low res on xb1 and laggier

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I am sorry, but you need 500 posts to make a thread on System Wars.

As for the answer to your question, whereas I prefer the PS4 to the Xbox One, it sounds like, from what you are saying, the Xbox One may be the way to go for you.