The over all design is better unless you like talking to your console. so here is the highlight
- 1.5> times more powerful, though will mostly be seen with exclusives and a few Multi-plat games. Since it is a lot easier to use all the power in the PS4
- Ultimately, with both the Xbox One and PS4 having such similar hardware, real-world performance differences will probably come down to how well the consoles make use of those eight CPU cores, GPU offloading, and differences in the memory subsystem. Its also important to bear in mind that a huge speed-up is available when developing games for a fixed platform with known performance/latency characteristics. Realistically, we wouldnt be surprised if games on the Xbox 720 and PS4, just like the current generation, look very similar. Likewise, games will probably look better on consoles for a few years, and then PCs will probably pull back ahead. http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare
- Xbox One you need Gold to play on line and Microsoft will now give 2 games a month
- There are comercials on Xbox live
- There are advertisements around Live
- Must have gold to do ANYTHING online... Netflix, hulu, hulu+.... everything
Sony you will need PSN+ (now) to play on line but game will be MANY free each month and plenty over the years Across PS4, PS3, and PSV
- No ads
- NO comercials
- NO need for PSN+ for anything else. Netflix, Hulu+..... NO NEED for PSN+
- Xbox One will have the ABILITY to block used games, require payment on the sale of used games.... but what they WILL do is unknown.
- PS4 there is no infastructure thus no ability to add such DRM as Xbox One.
- Xbox will somewhat ALLOW ..... ONLY if connected to the internet!!!
- a ONE time give to friends
- loan to ONE friend. BUT must be on your friends list for more than 30 days. " Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) put it this way: "Should you choose to play your game at your friends house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile." But then if you go home and leave the disc with your friend, they will have to pay for that game if they want to play it on their own profile." http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know
- You can play your games at a friend's house for ONE hour.
- friends and family CAN play on your Xbox One Microsft will allow it!
On line check requirment
- Xbox YES the console must cheek in once every 24 Hours or it will not work but... "They will be able to watch live TV and Blu-ray and DVD movies on the Xbox One without an Internet connection", Microsoft said.
- Sony.... Call home... is it a console or E.T. ... NO we are not over bearing parents telling their kids to check in every day.
- Microsoft has spent PILES of money to buy Exclusive DLC Content, Time Exclusive, and a few Exclusive games. They have added a couple of extra studios but that is all http://www.gamespot.com/e3/battle-of-the-exclusives-ps4-vs-xbox-one-6409776/
- What is important is to look at the VARITY of exclusives as well as quality (not just Gamespot reviews but others included)
NON gaming abilities I will just say Microsoft has it. Voice, Microsoft Glass, Football passes... TV, cable pass through... But as for tact, and connecting with customers Sony is doing a better job by far http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/12/microsoft-we-have-a-product-for-people-who-cant-access-the-internet-its-called-xbox-360/
SO to me the PS4 at this point is winning before it even began.. Yes I SHOULD wait before declaring the winner but it looks like a High shcool baseball team is facing a major leage team. Would you really need to wait till the bottom of the 9th to know how is going to win. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586956
there are a huge number of links of how bad Microsoft is doing too numberous to list all. here are a few that are listed http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29401794/microsoft-is-getting-slaughtered-by-the-press-regarding-xb1 too tired to copy these links and there are a LOT more coming out with every Microsoft GAFF, which do not stop.