This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

Does anyone else find ironic that while one major point of consideration of the PS4 is the power and another is the number of indie games when these games require probably less power than the 360 even has meanwhile the actual games on the PS4 launch lineup are kinda garbage minus Infamous and killzone..... or is it just me?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Does anyone else find ironic that while one major point of consideration of the PS4 is the power and another is the number of indie games when these games require probably less power than the 360 even has meanwhile the actual games on the PS4 launch lineup are kinda garbage minus Infamous and killzone..... or is it just me?

BIGtex42
Eh don't think thats the meaning of ironic but its even funnier that last gen Sheens couldn't shutup about how indies were complete shit and the ps3 was getting proper games...etc...etc
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

eh, it's not that ... because they're not graphically demanding on a powerhouse console they lose appeal. 

it's that i can already play those games elsewhere. if i really wanted to, i already would have. But yeah sure great, increase the size of the library. 

Increase the PS4 library with a trillion indies that are shared with the PC? Has no effect. 

Release one game for the PS4 which is hugely appealling to me - you might get my money. 

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
No. a lot of Indie games are better then full retail titles. Also, the reason Sony hasn't announced very many major retail titles is because Sony is actually still supporting the PS3 and the Vita. PS3 this year from 1st Party has 6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games. Vita also had a decent number of 1st party titles this year.
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Having more games available to choose from is now a negative?  Fanboys never run out of stupid arguments to bring to the table in an attempt to down play the competition.  

The fact that Sony has not abandon high profile big budget games is all that is needed to show that what you said is desperate and ignorant.  Sony having the best of all that is available for gamers to choose from is the goal of Sony to gain their competitive edge.  

Oh and please give us all an in depth review of all the games in PS4's lineup since you have already played the final versions and accessed their quality.  

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

BIGtex42

WTF .?

Resugun would not run on xbox 360 without been completely gimped,and how do you know games on PS4 are garbage.?

Have you play them.?

Hell what is great on one.?

Froza 5 .? a recycle game from last gen.?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tormentos

[QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

WilliamRLBaker

Eh don't think thats the meaning of ironic but its even funnier that last gen Sheens couldn't shutup about how indies were complete shit and the ps3 was getting proper games...etc...etc

The PS3 got alot of indie games,and sony has support indies since the PS1 days with net yaroze before the xbox brand was even here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tormentos

Having more games available to choose from is now a negative?  Fanboys never run out of stupid arguments to bring to the table in an attempt to down play the competition.  

The fact that Sony has not abandon high profile big budget games is all that is needed to show that what you said is desperate and ignorant.  Sony having the best of all that is available for gamers to choose from is the goal of Sony to gain their competitive edge.  

Oh and please give us all an in depth review of all the games in PS4's lineup since you have already played the final versions and accessed their quality.  

kinectthedots

Funny enough when MS was question about indy games,thay say next year which show that MS crappy policies did scare indies away,on the PS4 you don't even need to buy games with your unit at launch there are some good games free to play and even online,is like sony can't really do wrong this gen,they are covering every base.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

WilliamRLBaker

...now that's ironic. :P
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

tormentos

The PS3 got alot of indie games,and sony has support indies since the PS1 days with net yaroze before the xbox brand was even here.

*laughs* keep telling your self that, because you were one of the folks last generation saying indie games were shit. lol net yaroze a failed thing no one used or bought,
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

OhSnapitz

...now that's ironic. :P

nah just hypocrisy.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

*laughs* keep telling your self that, because you were one of the folks last generation saying indie games were shit. lol net yaroze a failed thing no one used or bought,WilliamRLBaker

You can go there and quote me...

Fact is there was an indy dev kit for the PS1 is call yaroze is a black PS1 and was here before the xbox brand even existed,it was also on PS2 as well dude.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
No. a lot of Indie games are better then full retail titles. FlamesOfGrey
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I don't think you know what irony is. Because I sure don't.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos

nah just hypocrisy.WilliamRLBaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTC_ogJ4mc

:lol:

The xbox didn't even existed...

But but MS is who created indies indies only existed on xbox...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] *laughs* keep telling your self that, because you were one of the folks last generation saying indie games were shit. lol net yaroze a failed thing no one used or bought,tormentos

You can go there and quote me...

Fact is there was an indy dev kit for the PS1 is call yaroze is a black PS1 and was here before the xbox brand even existed,it was also on PS2 as well dude.

lol I never said net no one purchase crap yaroze didn't exist, I did say no one purchased it or used it it was a failure, and microsoft did VASTLY more this generation to support indies than Sony ever did hence why there are vastly more XBLA games than there are psn games. Don't have to quote as a rampant useless fanboy whom likely doesn't own the systems he talks about I on the other hand do and manage to play the games, And since those indie games were on 360 its pretty common knowledge that you will always call them shit.
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kinectthedots

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] [QUOTE="tormentos"] Eh don't think thats the meaning of ironic but its even funnier that last gen Sheens couldn't shutup about how indies were complete shit and the ps3 was getting proper games...etc...etcWilliamRLBaker

*laughs* keep telling your self that, because you were one of the folks last generation saying indie games were shit. lol net yaroze a failed thing no one used or bought,

was he really?  Do you have evidence to back that up?  I have never heard anyone say indies were S#!+.  

I did, however, see people criticize xbox as a game platform because MS relied too heavily on indie games while having their big budget high quality retail software resemble a desert waste land out side of Halo/Forza/Gears.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I never had a problem with Microsoft pushing indie titles on XBLA. Braid, Castle Crashers, Fez, Limbo, Mark of the Ninja, etc. all fantastic titles. My only problem was around 2010, they seem to have dropped supporting other titles that were Fable, Forza, Gears, and Halo. Instead they started focusing on Kinect titles while all of their really good games were all indies or third-party. First-party wasn't that appealing to me.

Sony on the other hand, yeah, they're off to a rocky start with big-budget titles. Many of them are still in early development it seems but we know they're coming. Plus, all of the indie titles they shown look great in my opinion. So, I'm content.

For the record, I'll admit that even though I'm not too interested in the Xbox One's lineup, it's good to see a hefty around of variety they have. I just hope it continues.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

[QUOTE="kinectthedots"]

tormentos

Funny enough when MS was question about indy games,thay say next year which show that MS crappy policies did scare indies away,on the PS4 you don't even need to buy games with your unit at launch there are some good games free to play and even online,is like sony can't really do wrong this gen,they are covering every base.

Sony really can't do wrong this gen? Hahahahahahahaha! Stop it you're killing me!!! I just found my new sig.
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kinectthedots

I never had a problem with Microsoft pushing indie titles on XBLA. Braid, Castle Crashers, Fez, Limbo, Mark of the Ninja, etc. all fantastic titles. My only problem was around 2010, they seem to have dropped supporting other titles that were Fable, Forza, Gears, and Halo. Instead they started focusing on Kinect titles while all of their really good games were all indies or third-party. First-party wasn't that appealing to me.

Sony on the other hand, yeah, they're off to a rocky start with big-budget titles. Many of them are still in early development it seems but we know they're coming. Plus, all of the indie titles they shown look great in my opinion. So, I'm content.

For the record, I'll admit that even though I'm not too interested in the Xbox One's lineup, it's good to see a hefty around of variety they have. I just hope it continues.

DrRockso87

That is the same thing I said.  

I think some fanboys are desperate to try to change the circumstances over what was criticized and what wasn't.  A good game is a good game, but a parent company shouldn't drop support for the big budget games and rely on smaller scale no-risk titles mid generation out of laziness or not wanting to invest in bigger riskier projects.  

The accusation of saying sony fans said indies "were s#!t" is a fabrication.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

WTF .?

Resugun would not run on xbox 360 without been completely gimped,and how do you know games on PS4 are garbage.?

Have you play them.?

Hell what is great on one.?

Froza 5 .? a recycle game from last gen.?

1. its a side-scroller... who cares about side scrolling graphics?

2. they are garbage besides the ones i mentioned, who the hell is honestly excited to play knack? sorry if i offended the whole one person that is 

3. Forza is a major franchise that has received critical acclaim for every release. even if it is "recycled" (its a racing sim, what to you want?) at least its coming to next gen instead of sitting on the 360.  what do you think killzone is going to be but a super generic FPS with awesome graphics? dead rising is a critically acclaimed franchise as well. oh and titanfall is one of the most anticipated game coming out that could be a console seller.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

WilliamRLBaker

Whats a "sheen"?

Also I dont remember PS3 owners talking bad about indie games.. unless u mean XBLA games... but XBLA =/= Indie, so....?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts
[QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

WilliamRLBaker

No we didn't complain about indies, and dude drop the stupid "sheen" crap. You keep reminding me of that kid from Jimmy Neutron. Anyway, we didn't complain about indies. I remember when MS first launched that stupid campaign to get more amateurs involved in programming for XBL. We didn't say it was stupid, we just saw it exactly for what it was. Another Ms's attempt to scheme for money.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

BIGtex42

Indie games can look better then an 360 game.   Have you played Outlast on PC?   That is an Indie game and it looks better than most games now, and it's gonna be on PS4

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

It acts as a great filler, especially during the launch window. The Xbox One and PS4 won't have a solid stream of full retail games for quite some time. The great thing is that the PS4 will have substantial line up of indie and F2P games to keep people hooked on the system.

I honestly believe the 6 months from January leading up to E3 will be extremely important and the one thing that will clearly distinguish the PS4 and Xbox One will be the indie and F2P games. Microsoft will have some big problems if they let Sony walk into E3 with an advantage. They may just be indie and F2P games but Sony is crafting a gamers console and establishing that this early on will set the tone for the rest of the generation. A launch advantage is huge and the Xbox 360 proves that. It took Sony years, even with their in-house studios, to even begin a comeback with the PS3. 

Microsoft needs to come out of the gate and prove to people that XBL and Kinect is the future. They also need Titanfall to be a system seller. If Microsoft can establish a new killer franchise this early on, it'll help them tremendously because its just a matter of time until they whip out Halo. 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Yeah I don't find the indiestation 4 appealing at all.

And all those timed console exclusives :lol: What a joke

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

1. its a side-scroller... who cares about side scrolling graphics?

2. they are garbage besides the ones i mentioned, who the hell is honestly excited to play knack? sorry if i offended the whole one person that is 

3. Forza is a major franchise that has received critical acclaim for every release. even if it is "recycled" (its a racing sim, what to you want?) at least its coming to next gen instead of sitting on the 360.  what do you think killzone is going to be but a super generic FPS with awesome graphics? dead rising is a critically acclaimed franchise as well. oh and titanfall is one of the most anticipated game coming out that could be a console seller.

BIGtex42

Many do and yes is a side scroller that use some incredible physics and techniques.

Who would be interested to play Ryse if it wasn't because of the fact that is a xbox one exclusive it would not even be mention by now by sites,even less with the whole bug fest the game is.

Forza is a mary -go -round franchise just like Halo is now and is the reason why the last 2 ones fall from the whole 9 grace that they once were.

Dead Rysing critically acclaimed WTF..

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=Dead+rising&numrev=3&site=

Is a damn average game at best dude,85% the highest it got,even Resistance 1 is higher rated than that and is consider garbage here..

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=Resistance&numrev=3&site=

TitanFall is not xbox one exclusive i don't need and xbox one to play that game..

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

I think indies are heavily unrated. There are some very creative games. If you're just into something like COD, then of course indies will be garbage to you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

RR360DD

That is funny since Titanfall which is one of the most hyped xbox one,is not exclusive in any way...:lol:

At least the PS4 has games more than the xbox one,games are games dude.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Infamous second son isn;t even a launch title

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

TheFadeForever

Is that right?

Holy crap - I just checked. It's not a launch title. Looks like the launch exclusives are Killzone, DriveClub, Knack, ... ugh that's all my local retailer gives me. Are there any more? I know there are other non-retail exclusives like Resogun. 

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts
I more worried about quality control on the storefront, there's already a lot of crap that comes through the big publishers, self publishing is going to make things worse. Hopefully they separate this stuff.
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

psymon100

Is that right?

Holy crap - I just checked. It's not a launch title. Looks like the launch exclusives are Killzone, DriveClub, Knack, ... ugh that's all my local retailer gives me. Are there any more? I know there are other non-retail exclusives like Resogun. 

Don't know the major ones don;t interest me at all so I'll pass

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

BIGtex42
what games on the XBone launch lineup are any better?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its just u.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

[QUOTE="BIGtex42"]

WilliamRLBaker

What is a "Sheen"?
Why are you the only one using it?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts
It is a bit odd that Sony is pushing for indie appeal on the PS4, when relatively few people are going to buy a PS4 for indie titles (there's a much better range on the PC), and it isn't a market they can ever hope to conquer (console markets are too closed/expensive for indie games to take off as welp as they do on the PC, and Sony has this tendency to make indie games not 'indie' by funding and publishing them).
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

tormentos

That is funny since Titanfall which is one of the most hyped xbox one,is not exclusive in any way...:lol:

At least the PS4 has games more than the xbox one,games are games dude.

And? At least Titanfall is a GAME and not a 1 hour "experience"

:lol:

PS4 list is literally filler. You know somethings wrong when Clownzone is the most appealing launch window title lmao