ps3-s only salvation:

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for machitocaliente
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 machitocaliente
Member since 2007 • 832 Posts

price cut. big one.

a) redesign the system

PS3 V2 ( for the oppressed masses)

1) Full Backward Compatibility (PS2)

2) SAME CELL. SAME RSX. SLIMER.

3) NO BLURAY DRIVE. NO HDD.

4) 2GB FLASH BASED STORAGE (CACHING / SAVING)

5) Standard DVD DRIVE.

6) VGA / DVI / S-VIDEO OUT

7) retail price: $299

b) redesign the Philosophy

out of the box next gen experience (ditch the hd gaming nonsense)

800 x 600 + 2XAA mandatory for all games

looks good on LDTV

looks good on HDTV

makes the system a viable option

fanboy tears T__T

BUT WHAT ABOUT BLU RAY?!!!

-keep the current mess / for the hardcore cinefile "elite"

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE 50GB GAMES?!!!

- SPOUT BS ABOUT A NEW / REVOLUTIONARY / PATENTED / NEVER BEFORE SEEN / DATA -TEXTURE COMPRESSION ALGORITHM

DEVELOPED BY SNY FOR "THE CELL" THAT ONLY WORKS FOR DECOMPRESSING GAMES AND GET THIS. NOT MOVIES.

Sony does this and it has a chance ( not againt the wii, 2 late)

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

No blu-ray drive= no PS3 game can be played (that includes no HD too)

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Let's see how well the Wii will be selling this time next year,I believe all Mario games will be out,Metroid,as well as Zelda. GT5,is what will reconfirm the fact that Sony are without a doubt the most powerful and competitive videogame company to date.
amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
good idea but like the guy above said... its too late
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dualshockin
3) NO BLURAY DRIVEmachitocaliente
I sincerely hope you're joking with this one?
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
they best Idea would be to drop the price and take a bigger lose. It's a bad move, but it's the only one that will save the playstation brand name.
dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dmaximum
Member since 2004 • 700 Posts
I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Let's see how well the Wii will be selling this time next year,I believe all Mario games will be out,Metroid,as well as Zelda. GT5,is what will reconfirm the fact that Sony are without a doubt the most powerful and competitive videogame company to date.Dualshockin

:lol: Given up on MGS already?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dualshockin
I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.dmaximum
Very accurate,once that price drop hits before the shopping season I believe the topics will be very different.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

lol You have no idea of what you're talking about, do you?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Let's see how well the Wii will be selling this time next year,I believe all Mario games will be out,Metroid,as well as Zelda. GT5,is what will reconfirm the fact that Sony are without a doubt the most powerful and competitive videogame company to date.dhjohns

:lol: Given up on MGS already?

No,I didn't like MGS3,thus I don't see any reason to purchase MGS4.
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ALCATRAZZ3
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintion
dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dmaximum
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionALCATRAZZ3
How so? Please provide me with more details.
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 machitocaliente

I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.dmaximum

NOT REALLY. HONESTLY I DONT WANT ONE. I DONT WANT A PS3. DONT WANT A 360. DONT WANT A Wii

( only if they make a new res4 type of game i would pick a wii) Im a pc gamer and i have all i want.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Let's see how well the Wii will be selling this time next year,I believe all Mario games will be out,Metroid,as well as Zelda. GT5,is what will reconfirm the fact that Sony are without a doubt the most powerful and competitive videogame company to date.machitocaliente

SORRY YOU MISUNDERSTOO MY POST. IS NOT ABOUT THE Wii. IS ABOUT THE PS3. AT THIS PACE, THERE WILL BE NO PS3 NEXT YEAR.

Then why mention the Wii in your post about Ps3?See,it works both ways. At what pace exactly. . .?Because last I checked,we just entered the 7 month of the console war,and seeing as how the systems are meant to last for over 4 years(Not sure about the Wii,there's rumors of a Wii 2 showing up at this years E3),we have quite a few more months to go.
dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dmaximum

[QUOTE="dmaximum"]I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.machitocaliente

NOT REALLY. HONESTLY I DONT WANT ONE. I DONT WANT A PS3. DONT WANT A 360. DONT WANT A Wii

( only if they make a new res4 type of game i would pick a wii) Im a pc gamer and i have all i want.

So please tell me why you care.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jack_russel
WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS?.
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ALCATRAZZ3

[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintiondmaximum

I don't need to provide you with any details but honestly more than half the people that want to purchase a PS3 are only waiting till Metal gear Solid 4 is released. Yeah I don't have a poll to go with those numbers but I believe that is truth. If MGS4 were to ever be released the same time on the 360, the PS3 would be finished

machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 machitocaliente

[QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEDualshockin

no. I honestly believe bluray is a huge anchor around Sony's neck

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="dmaximum"]I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.machitocaliente

Interesting,so what's Pc's next big thing apart from Crysis?On Ps3,we have Heavenly Sword,Uncharted,Ninja Gaiden,Haze,GT,Tekken,Ratchet,etc.,on Xbox they have Halo,Mass Effect,Bioshock etc,on Wii they have Mario and Metroid. I also find it ironic that a Pc gamer should criticize Ps3's price. . . ?
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ALCATRAZZ3
I'm sorry but the average consumer doesn't give a damn about blu ray. DVD's are just fine
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 machitocaliente

good luck with that third party support next year. i hope you like bR movies.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEmachitocaliente

Tell me,how's a car supposed to run without an engine?
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

[QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEDualshockin

it would be the smartest thing sony can do.... they'd save MILLIONS....while being able to be priced competively..

then again, i've said the inclusion of a br drive would proved to be catastrophic waaaaay before the ps3 even launched...

...and there they are... last place and falling FAST...;)

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tango90101
[QUOTE="machitocaliente"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEDualshockin

the engine would be "teh cell"...

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tango90101

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEmachitocaliente

proven by the fact they can't even penetrate 3% of their own customer base....

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dmaximum

[QUOTE="dmaximum"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionALCATRAZZ3

I don't need to provide you with any details but honestly more than half the people that want to purchase a PS3 are only waiting till Metal gear Solid 4 is released. Yeah I don't have a poll to go with those numbers but I believe that is truth. If MGS4 were to ever be released the same time on the 360, the PS3 would be finished

I just don't understand why you would say that. Maybe you mean half of the people in NA. People in Japan would most likely get it for the PS3. But you see this is all speculation. The truth is no one knows what the impact would be, but I highly doubt it would be the end of the PS3.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="dmaximum"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionALCATRAZZ3

GTA4,Final Fantasy 13,Gran Turismo 5,Tekken 6,Ratchet&Clank Future,God Of War 3,Heavenly Sword,Uncharted,Lair,Ninja Gaiden,etc. Please,tell us again how we're only waiting for one game?
machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 machitocaliente

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionALCATRAZZ3

only the hardcore console gamer cares about Metal Gear Solid 4. that game dsnt change nothing. sony is in big, big, big trouble. wake up.

jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jack_russel

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="machitocaliente"] 3) NO BLURAY DRIVEDualshockin

yea, the bluray is neccesary for the games. Making another ps3 that doesn't use bluray would be like making a ps4. That would alienate people who have already bought one and scare away consumers who would buy a ps3. Wouldn't look good to the share holders either.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dualshockin
the engine would be "teh cell"...tango90101
Can you put disc's in a Cell?
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ALCATRAZZ3
[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

[QUOTE="dmaximum"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionDualshockin

GTA4,Final Fantasy 13,Gran Turismo 5,Tekken 6,Ratchet&Clank Future,God Of War 3,Heavenly Sword,Uncharted,Lair,Ninja Gaiden,etc. Please,tell us again how we're only waiting for one game?

None of those games have been hyped up or are as anticipated as MGS4... at least around here in the states. Everyones waiting on MGS4. sorry

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionmachitocaliente

only the hardcore console gamer cares about Metal Gear Solid 4. that game dsnt change nothing. sony is in big, big, big trouble. wake up.

Sony have over 55 billion dollars in their bank account,and the Ps3 has lost them 1.9 billion dollars so far. Why is it that people think Sony are heading for bankruptcy?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dualshockin
None of those games have been hyped up or are as anticipated as MGS4... at least around here in the states. Everyones waiting on MGS4. sorryALCATRAZZ3
"Here in the states". This is where your argument collapses.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jack_russel
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

None of those games have been hyped up or are as anticipated as MGS4... at least around here in the states. Everyones waiting on MGS4. sorry

so, none of the games on the 360 are more anticipated than halo3; that doesn't discredit all the other titles. Same with the ps3 and metal gear.
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ALCATRAZZ3
[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

[QUOTE="dmaximum"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintiondmaximum

I just don't understand why you would say that. Maybe you mean half of the people in NA. People in Japan would most likely get it for the PS3. But you see this is all speculation. The truth is no one knows what the impact would be, but I highly doubt it would be the end of the PS3.

Dude i'm not here to bash but I swear if MGS4 were to be released on the 360, It would be a wrap for the PS3. Sooo many gamers that want PS3's are waiting for that game to be released. Why do you think sony is choking Konami so hard? I beieve Konami wants that game to be multi platform but Sony is paying them hard cash for exclusive rights

machitocaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 machitocaliente

[QUOTE="dmaximum"]I finally figured out why there are so many PS3 bashing threads. They really want the PS3 but hate the price of it,otherwise they wouldn't care. I have mine so I could care less about a price reduction. So yeah, good luck with that.dmaximum

So please tell me why you care.

its good to have competition. i dont want only 1 console to win

dmaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dmaximum

good luck with that third party support next year. i hope you like bR movies.

Hmmm. Have you done any research on that? As far as I know Sony has a very strong lineup next year. And yes, yes I do love Blu-ray movies. I believe I own 15 now and counting.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

No blu-ray drive= no PS3 game can be played (that includes no HD too)

Cedmln

Ownage approved. TC, backwards compatability and Wifi can be cut out. That's at least 100 bucks right there. Blu-ray is cheaper to produce. They could come out with a PS3 for 399. with those features gone. Maybe go really crazy and cut out all the memory slots that the 60gig has. If they could get the price to 350.00 or lower then they'll be looking great.

ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ALCATRAZZ3
[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

[QUOTE="dmaximum"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Metal Gear Solid 4 is the PS3's only salvation. If that game were to lose exclusive rights, the PS3 would face extintionjack_russel

so, none of the games on the 360 are more anticipated than halo3; that doesn't discredit all the other titles. Same with the ps3 and metal gear.

it doesn't discredit azny other titles. Same with Halo. If halo 3 were to be released on the PS3, the 360 would be in massive trouble. MGS4 and Halo 3 are system sellers. If you cannot see the impact MGS4 would have on the PS3 if it were to be multiplatform then you are blind

ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ALCATRAZZ3
If MGS4 turns out to be the crazy great game they promise... watch how many PS3's fly off the shelves. MGS4 is the PS3's only hope right now
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tango90101

[QUOTE="tango90101"]the engine would be "teh cell"...Dualshockin
Can you put disc's in a Cell?

that make no sense..

and engine POWERS something..

bluray is a storage medium..

man...it's bad when a lemming has to school a cow on the ps3.. :lol:

ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ALCATRAZZ3

[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]None of those games have been hyped up or are as anticipated as MGS4... at least around here in the states. Everyones waiting on MGS4. sorryDualshockin

not really because the states are the no 1 gaming market

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dualshockin
Dude i'm not here to bash but I swear if MGS4 were to be released on the 360, It would be a wrap for the PS3. Sooo many gamers that want PS3's are waiting for that game to be released. Why do you think sony is choking Konami so hard? I beieve Konami wants that game to be multi platform but Sony is paying them hard cash for exclusive rightsALCATRAZZ3
Then the Ps2 should've lost last gen,seeing as how MGS was released on Xbox and Pc,and also made a different appearance on the GameCube? The "All Ps3 gamers are waiting for is MGS" argument doesn't hold true seeing as our present and future library of titles is already shaping up into classical gaming at it's finest.
Avatar image for SpecialForcesOp
SpecialForcesOp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpecialForcesOp
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

800 x 600 does not look good on a HDTV. No way in hell.

Sony is stuck with Blu-ray.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]None of those games have been hyped up or are as anticipated as MGS4... at least around here in the states. Everyones waiting on MGS4. sorryALCATRAZZ3

not really because the states are the no 1 gaming market

Tell me,what console has won a console war without succeeding in Europe and Japan?You seem to ignore the other territories of gaming,the one's that bought over 25 million Ps2's each last gen.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tango90101

[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]Dude i'm not here to bash but I swear if MGS4 were to be released on the 360, It would be a wrap for the PS3. Sooo many gamers that want PS3's are waiting for that game to be released. Why do you think sony is choking Konami so hard? I beieve Konami wants that game to be multi platform but Sony is paying them hard cash for exclusive rightsDualshockin
Then the Ps2 should've lost last gen,seeing as how MGS was released on Xbox and Pc,and also made a different appearance on the GameCube? The "All Ps3 gamers are waiting for is MGS" argument doesn't hold true seeing as our present and future library of titles is already shaping up into classical gaming at it's finest.

a futre title you've never played = "classical gaming at its finest"..

wow...:lol:

jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jack_russel
[QUOTE="jack_russel"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

it doesn't discredit azny other titles. Same with Halo. If halo 3 were to be released on the PS3, the 360 would be in massive trouble. MGS4 and Halo 3 are system sellers. If you cannot see the impact MGS4 would have on the PS3 if it were to be multiplatform then you are blind

If I had a dollar for everytime someone said "when the PS3 lose this exlusivie they're done" I would actually be able to afford a PS3. FIrst it was resident evil 5, then virtua fighter, then it was devil may cry. Losing MGS4 would be a huge blow, but it would kill the ps3.